Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

PriorMarcus posted:

Surely she knows tho that people will assume it was a person who assaulted her? Does a pit bull attack really need including in the MeToo discussion, which is where she's placed it by being obtuse?

If the dog humped her leg without consent, it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You're assuming the pit bull incident is the only incident. It sounds like a true story the type of which a studio will plant as misdirection.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, it seems like misdirection has already been started up, items about her sliding into DMs of her underage fans have started showing up on sites like CDAN.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah but isn’t there a difference between sending some kid a winking emoji ca getting them to send you dick pix?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
There is, what I’m saying is the studio fixers are trying to cloud the waters by discrediting her and sending the veiled threat of ‘outing’ her if she doesn’t cool it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

As a man I have been conditioned and taught to think that a winking emoji is in fact an express request for a dick pic.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

As a man I have been conditioned and taught to think that a winking emoji is in fact an express request for a dick pic.

I often have wondered why men send dick pics unsolicited, I have never once heard of it working.

"Well, the conversation was a bit of bore, then he showed me his hog and now we're scheduled to be married in July".

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 17, 2018

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I often have wondered why men send dick pics unsolicited, I have never once heard of it working.

"Well, the conversation was a bit of bore, then he showed me his hog and we're scheduled to be married in July".

I think it probably "worked" a lot when celebrities were doing it more, back when people weren't so paranoid about their phones being hacked. As in, maybe some women were willing to overlook a dick pic in order to get with Brett Favre or whoever but I can't see the average dude getting a good result with it.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Basebf555 posted:

I think it probably "worked" a lot when celebrities were doing it more, back when people weren't so paranoid about their phones being hacked. As in, maybe some women were willing to overlook a dick pic in order to get with Brett Favre or whoever but I can't see the average dude getting a good result with it.

I did once, but only because the girl dared me to.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That’s sounds pretty solicited.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That’s sounds pretty solicited.

Yeah the key part is unsolicited

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If the first time a person sees your dick is their phone, then you will probably never have to show it to them in real life.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

If the first time a person sees your dick is their phone, then you will probably never have to show it to them in real life.

Eh, most people you send any image to with your phone won't see your dick in real life.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I have only ever sent solicited dick pix upon request by girlfriends while I away on business, the idea of sending someone a cold dick pick with no wind up seems... uh is insane the word I want here? Like loving totally crazy?

Like maybe barely one or two small steps from just whipping your dick out in the middle of a conversation?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Bust Rodd posted:

I have only ever sent solicited dick pix upon request by girlfriends while I away on business, the idea of sending someone a cold dick pick with no wind up seems... uh is insane the word I want here? Like loving totally crazy?

Like maybe barely one or two small steps from just whipping your dick out in the middle of a conversation?

Pretty much. The impersonal nature of modern digital communication is basically a breeding ground for behaviors that were largely weeded out of the social contract over years. Distance provided the appearance of safety, so people are more willing to do crazy poo poo without worrying about a repercussion (I.e. being punched in the face). Hence all of those people you used to know from high school letting their racism flag fly on Facebook.

The thing about the unsolicited dick pic is like, what’s your end game there? I know for some the sheer act of exposure gives a sexual thrill, but I have never met someone who has been like, “oh hell yeah, lemme get up on that free street boner.”

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Fart City posted:

The thing about the unsolicited dick pic is like, what’s your end game there? I know for some the sheer act of exposure gives a sexual thrill, but I have never met someone who has been like, “oh hell yeah, lemme get up on that free street boner.”

It's a hosed-up thing to do, but like any number of other outrageous flirtations / sexual harassments, people do it a lot and it only needs to work every once in a while. And, of course, plenty of dipshits think that just because they love their dick, everyone else will too.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I think to some people just the idea that you've shown a woman your dick is worth it, it's a turn on for them. It's like a power fantasy, hey you're gonna see a picture of my dick and you don't have any choice in the matter. It's less serious version of sexual assault, basically.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Honestly, anything that absurdly common is going to have multiple different motivations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Basebf555 posted:

I think to some people just the idea that you've shown a woman your dick is worth it, it's a turn on for them. It's like a power fantasy, hey you're gonna see a picture of my dick and you don't have any choice in the matter. It's less serious version of sexual assault, basically.

Tinder should automatically black out dick pics with a message "This is a dick pic, you can still see it if you want, click yes to proceed". I mean we have the technology to recognize dicks.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Tinder should automatically black out dick pics with a message "This is a dick pic, you can still see it if you want, click yes to proceed". I mean we have the technology to recognize dicks.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i think we'd fix this problem by putting a prize horse's head in their beds.

bumble does this. it's all blurred with a hand palm out in the middle of the image.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
https://twitter.com/THR/status/997906997336006656?s=19

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Let's not watch the directors cut of Leon ever again.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Doesn't he have a history of being a bit of a creeper?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vagabundo posted:

Doesn't he have a history of being a bit of a creeper?

Married a sixteen year old (that he had known since she was twelve. Also cast her as a prostitute in Leon). But I'm sure people will point out that the age of consent in lower in France, as if that absolves it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Davros1 posted:

Married a sixteen year old (that he had known since she was twelve. Also cast her as a prostitute in Leon). But I'm sure people will point out that the age of consent in lower in France, as if that absolves it.

Like, he fully admits that the creepy 12 year old/middle aged man relationship in Leon is based off his marriage. Its bad.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://twitter.com/BBW_BFF/status/997928229083086848

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

So Léon's childlike characterisation was born entirely out of the special circumstances on set? Talk about a happy accident.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Jean Reno is a loving treasure

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Oh, I remember this movie now

How old was Jovovich in 5th element?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

21 or 22 I think.

She also married Besson after 5th Element, but it only lasted a couple years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
One of the most uncomfortable moments in my life was years ago while working day shift in a bar. The Professional was on FX and one of the patrons lets out this noise and says "MAN, Natalie Portman is soooooooooooooooo hot." Pretty much every other person in the bar fell silent and stared at him and a full minute passed before his face turned red and he stammered "I MEAN SHE IS NOW." I don't recall seeing him much after that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

One of the most uncomfortable moments in my life was years ago while working day shift in a bar. The Professional was on FX and one of the patrons lets out this noise and says "MAN, Natalie Portman is soooooooooooooooo hot." Pretty much every other person in the bar fell silent and stared at him and a full minute passed before his face turned red and he stammered "I MEAN SHE IS NOW." I don't recall seeing him much after that.

hahaha you have a gift for working jobs that attract dickheads, my man

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

hahaha you have a gift for working jobs that attract dickheads, my man

I guarantee you anyone who's worked in the service industry has stories like that one. The comic shop I can't explain though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Samuel Clemens posted:

So Léon's childlike characterisation was born entirely out of the special circumstances on set? Talk about a happy accident.

Its weird that from my memory The Professional is actually really good because its some killer acting performances, but I haven't rewatched it to see if my memory is correct because of the creepy subtext and background of it, but now I know those performances were at least in part shaped by repulsion to that subtext and background. Weird.

Rhyno posted:

I guarantee you anyone who's worked in the service industry has stories like that one. The comic shop I can't explain though.

I don't think that needs explanation to anyone who has been to a comic shop.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Leon is a really, really loving good movie that's good pretty much specifically because everyone was tired of Besson's sleazeball poo poo. There's so many points in the movie where it could have turned creepy, and probably originally did, and just... doesn't.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
In the original script of Leon there was literally a sex scene between Mathilda and Leon.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

K. Waste posted:

In the original script of Leon there was literally a sex scene between Mathilda and Leon.

what the gently caress

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
The original script was all sorts of hosed up. Instead of bribing those kids to leave her alone while she was sitting on the stoop, didn't she just shoot one of them instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

K. Waste posted:

I always thought that was a rumor.