Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
st kilda are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
There's the St Kilda we all know.

Also umpires bad.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

they honestly remind me of neeld era melbourne

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
What is the deal with buddys hilariously shiny shoulders during a game

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

aejix posted:

What is the deal with buddys hilariously shiny shoulders during a game

It's some kind of oil, ostensibly it'll have a legal therapeutic use, but really it's because he thinks he needs it to make himself harder to tackle

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

NTRabbit posted:

It's some kind of oil, ostensibly it'll have a legal therapeutic use, but really it's because he thinks he needs it to make himself harder to tackle

I remember the Eagles being the oiliest team in the world during the 90's

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
If Armitage doesn't get dropped next week then the Saints are in an even worse position than I think they are. And I think they are the worst performing team in the league.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid

Periphery posted:

If Armitage doesn't get dropped next week then the Saints are in an even worse position than I think they are. And I think they are the worst performing team in the league.

To think I was disappointed we didn't beat Brisbane by more. Ah, to be young and naive again.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
At this point we may as well be playing Dan McKenzie instead of Armo. DMac is fast and can mark and we may as well see what he brings instead of persisting with a completely cooked Armitage.

If we had anyone else to bring in I'd suggest we drop Weller and Billings as well but the cupboard is pretty bare in the front half of the ground.

E: Just so I'm not completely negative in every post I make about the Saints - Jimmy Webster and Luke Dunstan are having seriously good years. Both are horribly underrated imo.

Periphery fucked around with this message at 14:11 on May 19, 2018

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Deadly Hume posted:

what the goddamn gently caress Geelong

We always seem to lose bullshit games like this. I bet we'll lose to Carlton as well.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I hate Ben Brown, and I don't even know why.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Periphery posted:

At this point we may as well be playing Dan McKenzie instead of Armo. DMac is fast and can mark and we may as well see what he brings instead of persisting with a completely cooked Armitage.

If we had anyone else to bring in I'd suggest we drop Weller and Billings as well but the cupboard is pretty bare in the front half of the ground.

E: Just so I'm not completely negative in every post I make about the Saints - Jimmy Webster and Luke Dunstan are having seriously good years. Both are horribly underrated imo.

Armo and Weller both need to come out. Both just played deplorable games.

Honestly I think Paddy and Carlisle back for them is almost enough. Billings... wasnt totally awful tonight but I dont see at this moment how playing him at AFL level is any good for his own games. He NEEDS to go back and find some proper form and confidence in himself.

Membrey seems to be still carrying something, likely his knee, which is just ruining his ability to kick through the ball properly. Mental ghosts cant quite explain just how poor his kicking has become.

The thing is, we just dont have any players left who arent basically debutantes or have played less then 20 games give or take. We have zero chance of making finals now but I sure as hell do not like the idea of honestly contending for the wooden spoon this year either.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
Is it a meme on the BigFooty Saints board that Jimmy Webster is a bad kick or are they just that loving clueless

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

boy undead posted:

Is it a meme on the BigFooty Saints board that Jimmy Webster is a bad kick or are they just that loving clueless

The Saints forum there is a hive of stupidity, frustration and just plain bad posting.

The constant bitching about Richardson does my head in as the head coach is not the entire issue and removing him his not going to help one iota. A modern football coaching team is more of a committee then a single guy on top calling the shots. Issues with our game plan come down far more with the assistants who have the task of actually formulating and teaching the tactical aspects. I think we have much more to benefit from moving on several of the assistants and seriously headhunting new forward and midfield coaches from successful teams.

We are going to be bottom 4 material at the end of the year no doubt, the only thing I care about is avoiding the spoon at this point.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
look on the bright side, you can always lean into the suck and get another #1 draft pick to waste

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

snaeksikn posted:

look on the bright side, you can always lean into the suck and get another #1 draft pick to waste

Not sure if the bad luck of getting your head smashed in by every prick on the field is fair to judge McCartin a waste by.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Spedman posted:

I remember the Eagles being the oiliest team in the world during the 90's

Drew Banfield was basically a puddle.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Franklin basically swung with that Elbow upward and he concussed the player, he has to get a week off.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Two bullshit Melbourne frees infront of goals. One resulting in a goal.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Holy poo poo fire the umpires into a black hole

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Suck a dick Carlton

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

Suck a dick Carlton

:agreed:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

T Mac has now kicked 13.1 from 3 and a half games of footy.

Meanwhile his brother is quietly becoming a very very solid key defender.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Game bad

Cripps good
https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/998059325426880512?s=19

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Harmes got a gift there haha

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

If we can just play the bottom 5 teams for the rest of the season we might just make finals

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Hogan getting rising star over Cripps is still hilariously stupid.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Quantum Shart posted:

Hogan getting rising star over Cripps is still hilariously stupid.

Nah. Hogan plays a more difficult spot. Star first year midfielders pop up every year. Star Centre Half Forwards are much rarer.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Hannan should have gotten a free kick straight after that goal for that trip

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Solemn Sloth posted:

If we can just play the bottom 5 teams for the rest of the season we might just make finals

You only play 3 teams in the current top 10 between now and round 17, so yeah essentially you are.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Man, when was the last time the demons were 100 points up? Has to be close to 10 years I reckon

E: fox footy have just pointed out its been 14 years

snaeksikn fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 20, 2018

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Nice bruise free football from Carlton today.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

lol Carlton

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
It’s really hard to pick who the worst team is. One moment I think it’s Essendon...

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

snoremac posted:

It’s really hard to pick who the worst team is. One moment I think it’s Essendon...

It’s um... the saints.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Essendon almost got their score reset to zero yesterday at the start of the 4th quarter. A shame really, it would have been glorious.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-20/watch-dons-19-men-on-the-field-drama

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

In addition to the Dees winning by 109 points today, Casey also won yesterday by 106 points against Frankston as well.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

drunkill posted:

Essendon almost got their score reset to zero yesterday at the start of the 4th quarter. A shame really, it would have been glorious.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-20/watch-dons-19-men-on-the-field-drama

I’m really pissed we didn’t get to see this

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

drat it's good to have a Rioli playing for the Eagles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

gently caress off Riewoldt you massive sook, complaining to the umpire for a Free when he jumped in the back of an Eagles player without taking a mark and there was no free against him.