Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Wait really? They looked a lot like summons, but like contextual summons. Like the Train in the Titan fight.
I mean I'm going off of something I read from the KH Wiki.

quote:

In an interview in the June 25, 2015 issue of Dengeki Playstation, Nomura explained that Sora will be able to trigger Attraction Flow attacks under certain conditions in battle. He attributed the inspiration for Attraction Flow to Flowmotion from Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, but described the former as a more tactical system.

Which honestly just confused me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

The combat looks interesting, but I'm not a fan of all the big flashy cutscene and screenclear attacks going on, I just want to know if hitting things with your dumb keystick feels fun or not. If I can ignore all the flashy cutscene moves and just have a good and effective time hitting things, I think I'll like the combat system, but all these weapon forms and modes and stuff aren't giving me that impression at all.

Bizkit047 was invited to the event and talked to the devs, and he was told the team has been watching his feedback, and he'll be posting a video on it soon-ish.

https://twitter.com/Bizkit047/status/997901386816745472

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

http://behonkiss.tumblr.com/post/174040341497/kingdom-hearts-3-aka-buzz-lightyear-roasting

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Man it's going to be hilarious when Sora is proven right.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Motto posted:

I'm pretty sure all those are opt-in by button prompt rather than being forced like BBS finishers and styles.

To me that’s the best part of the current system of portraying finishers and the attraction flow. It doesn’t interrupt the flow of the gameplay if you wish to ignore them but the game clearly tells you the option is available, which should encourage people to use them more. There were so many people who played KH2 without ever using summons or limits because they were tucked away in a menu while auto-abilities disrupted being able to use RCs consistently

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

https://twitter.com/jackrobken/status/997461935611199488

Lol at the Seasalt poster.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
Watched some (illicit?) Toy Story world cutscene footage and I'm pretty happy with Haley Joel Osment's performance.

Puberty Voice Sora in KH2 was a bad time.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Nina posted:

To me that’s the best part of the current system of portraying finishers and the attraction flow. It doesn’t interrupt the flow of the gameplay if you wish to ignore them but the game clearly tells you the option is available, which should encourage people to use them more. There were so many people who played KH2 without ever using summons or limits because they were tucked away in a menu while auto-abilities disrupted being able to use RCs consistently

You could just turn off Auto-Abilities too

You could also set limits and summons to Auto-Abilities as well, if you didn't want to go into a menu to use them

Really the only comparison is what they said about BBS finishers/styles which you couldn't really avoid, but that was already kinda fixed with what DDD had with Riku's styles/Sora's fusion attacks, so they've already been better about not forcing things on the players.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I mean, the new system is basically the same as having auto-abilities on but it doesn’t impede the core gameplay because reaction commands aren’t a thing

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://twitter.com/khinsider/status/997591588577538048

Games > Kingdom Hearts Megathread: Donald: -squawks in confusion-

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Is this game ever getting a release date

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Pastrymancy posted:

Is this game ever getting a release date

Yeah, early next month/E3 according to Nomura

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread yet (I don't have time to check 700+ posts :sweatdrop:) but it seems like you can dodge cancel out of attacks now!

https://i.imgur.com/CsJc9yt.mp4

Game changer.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I thought that robot was breakdancing the first time I saw the gif

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Kjh887-1c
KINGDOM HEARTS TIMELINE - Episode 10: Unchained 0 [ZERO]

The more I worked on these 10 episodes the more I realized how confusing the whole story has been delivered to us. During the conversation between the 5 leaders about creating the Spirits, there's a moment (at 14:36) where Skuld thinks of a dialogue between her, Ephemer and Chirithy on the Daybreak Town cliff, about the player having nightmares. Judging by the way that dialogue is presented, the game made it look as if it was something that Skuld was remembering, a dialogue happened in the past.
Actually, that is a foreshadowing of a dialogue happening in the future, way after the creation of the Spirits. Working on this episode and figuring out which scene occurs when has been an actual pain.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
My one Kokoro wish for Kingdom Hearts 3 is they do significantly less of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnX42OHnuLA

Watching the Beard Bros play through the first one, man does that poo poo happen a lot in the Tarzan world

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Macaluso posted:

My one Kokoro wish for Kingdom Hearts 3 is they do significantly less of this:

https://twitter.com/projectdestati/status/997574565357240321

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

So I just finished Kingdom Hearts II again the other day and forgot how weird Naminé and Roxas' relationship is. They keep acting like they've met before and were friends, maybe even a couple, in the past, but it's never followed through at any point in the series. Did Nomura just forget or something?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

They're basically the same person

it's hosed up

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

How? They're the Nobodies of two separate people. Kairi's heart being in Sora doesn't make Naminé part Sora or anything.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Namine is definitely part Sora which is why she has weird Sora memory powers. Also because like Kairi never became a heartless but Sora did and that’s how nobody’s are made.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I mean she can alter memories of people other than Sora or those connected to him, like Repliku. And I thought Naminé was special because Kairi had no darkness in her heart with which to make a Heartless. So even though she lost her heart, a Nobody still got made.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Namine was made when Kairi's heart escap'e from Sora's body. A Nobody is the body that is left behind when the heart succumbs to darkness. They get washed away in a tide of darkness and wind up in Twilight Town. Why Twilight Town? gently caress me if I know, but every single Nobody goes to Twilight Town first and foremost. But Kairi's body stayed Kairi's body, there was no Nobody to make from that. Namine is totally Sora's Nobody, as is Roxas, but Roxas is also Ventus, because he has Ventus' heart. At one point or another Sora has had every single heart inside of him, and it's very messed up.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I don't even loving know what a Body is anymore bros!!!!

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I mean, the journals of the games quite clearly say she's Kairi's Nobody. I think all that matters is that Kairi's heart was removed from someone's body, but in the end it still makes Naminé Kairi's Nobody. Although in a squeamish kind of way it'd be funny because Roxas' only other semi-love interest is also part of Sora. Or at least close enough.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Basically like any teenager, Sora loves himself

Very vigorously

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Burkion posted:

Basically like any teenager, Sora loves himself

Very vigorously

kingdom hearts 3 suda51 world

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

JordanKai posted:

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread yet (I don't have time to check 700+ posts :sweatdrop:) but it seems like you can dodge cancel out of attacks now!

https://i.imgur.com/CsJc9yt.mp4

Game changer.

I hope that is true. That would fix my No 1 complaint about the series. Now if they'd just add some music to those weirdly silent cutscenes I'd be very, very happy

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 21, 2018

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

gently caress yeah that's the good poo poo

edit: My second one Kokoro wish is either a Haunted Mansion world or a Haunted Mansion based ride attack. With the song.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Roxas met Namine in the virtual world. Or did you mean they acted like they knew each other then? Because I pretty clearly remember her introducing herself and explaining everything to Roxas. I would imagine their familiarity is because they were created at the exact same second from the same dude.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

SonicRulez posted:

Roxas met Namine in the virtual world. Or did you mean they acted like they knew each other then? Because I pretty clearly remember her introducing herself and explaining everything to Roxas. I would imagine their familiarity is because they were created at the exact same second from the same dude.
Yeah, Naminé at least acted like there was some personal bond between the two, like she and Roxas knew each other before the memory wipe, but that was clearly never the case. And there was some strong shipping vibes at the end of the game.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

SonicRulez posted:

Namine was shaped from kairis heart and roxas was shaped from ventus heart. They both used Sora’s body to make their nobodies. That’s how they instinctually know each other. However, kairi never lost her body and Sora regained his body after like half an hour.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Namine and Roxas being attracted to each other is the strongest indication that Sora and Kairi are attracted to each other. All other signs point to Sora/Riku.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Billzasilver posted:

Namine and Roxas being attracted to each other is the strongest indication that Sora and Kairi are attracted to each other. All other signs point to Sora/Riku.
How could you forget the Paopu Fruit drawing?

Billzasilver posted:

Namine was shaped from kairis heart and roxas was shaped from ventus heart. They both used Sora’s body to make their nobodies. That’s how they instinctually know each other. However, kairi never lost her body and Sora regained his body after like half an hour.
I mean...I guess that's a plausible explanation, but that doesn't stop it from being really jarring and odd.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

There’s still no reason for namine to look the way she does or to have any special powers though. All other nobodies look just like their originals.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Billzasilver posted:

There’s still no reason for namine to look the way she does or to have any special powers though. All other nobodies look just like their originals.
Yeah, can't explain her looks. I mean she doesn't even share her hair color with either Sora or Kairi. The little differences with Xemnas and Axel aren't never addressed either. And also, all Nobodies have weird powers. As far as we can tell, Braig is the only one that had his powers before having his heart removed.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I was under the impression that from the end of KH1 to the beginning of KH2 Sora was a Heartless in the same vein as Ansem THE SEEKER OF DARKNESS, since his Nobodies were kicking around.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Namine's a weird case in general just cause she's made from Kairi, so she gets a pass in general since technically her existence should be impossible, but weird things happen when you jab a keyblade into your own heart while a bunch of other people are in there too.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Gologle posted:

I was under the impression that from the end of KH1 to the beginning of KH2 Sora was a Heartless in the same vein as Ansem THE SEEKER OF DARKNESS, since his Nobodies were kicking around.

That's why he could go into Heartless form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Good thing Sora has Ven's heart as a backup.