Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

SeanBeansShako posted:

I just love the fact these people are already whining and we've not even seen anything from the game but a logo and blurred rear end screen.

Well they know that they won't get a Holocaust simulator so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

for 60 trade credits it better be a real good logo and blurry screen :colbert:

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

BigglesSWE posted:

Here's a video of a baby crying over "political correctness" in games nowadays, and specifically in modern shooters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSp2evlsQI8

Boy howdy do I love the salty tears of these maggots...and this one is judging by his channel a real wheraboo as well! Double trouble!

Look forward to Wednseday.

lol wtf is this. Does this guy really think the host for the reveal has any input in the game design? The guy claims that Trevor "aligns himself against the right, including his own president." Jesus christ.

I hope the campaign shows the Wehrmacht as the war criminals they were.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

https://imgur.com/a/E5fJNSt

I touched it. I can already sense his minions scurrying to the rescue.

Gotta entertain ourselves somehow while we wait. I don't intend to answer any response though.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 20, 2018

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I hope that the war stories in V are just every other nationality murdering Nazis en masse a la Wolfenstein

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

The fact that killing Nazis in videogames is suddenly controversial with certain folks in 2018 shows just what a messed up world we're living in.

What's next? People getting angry at killing robots and aliens?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I would love to have some war stories from the German side but lol @ people deciding it’s offensive to depict the nazis as bad just fuckin looool

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
The best depiction of a Nazi is the classic 'getting shot from my gun' and hopefully the next Battlefield war stories will have plenty of that.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I'm willing to bet there's a LOT of crossover between the "WHY ARE THERE WOMEN/BLACK PEOPLE IN MY WW1 GAME, DICE?!" and the "SHOOTING NAZIS IS OFFENSIVE" crowds.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the venn diagram of those crowds is just a circle

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

eonwe posted:

the venn diagram of those crowds is just a circle

With a swastika in the middle.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im looking forward to playing battlefield with my friends again

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I miss the Goon stacks :sigh:

Rolling an entire operation in 20 minutes was way too addicting.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I hope that the war stories in V are just every other nationality murdering Nazis en masse a la Wolfenstein

Mix that with some historical battles, like Arracourt. Outnumbered and undergunned Shermans slaughtering Panthers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Arracourt

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

moosecow333 posted:

I miss the Goon stacks :sigh:

Rolling an entire operation in 20 minutes was way too addicting.

I'm looking forward to playing with you guys again. Especially you Symetrique. :sissies:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Maybe I will be back to lead you guys to a 70% win rate. Maybe.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Snuffman posted:

What's next? People getting angry at killing robots and aliens?

Nah, you can actually come up with decent arguments against shooting robots and aliens unlike Nazis

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The nature of robots and aliens change from setting to setting, but nazis always did the Holocaust, so gently caress them.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

With a swastika in the middle.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Symetrique posted:

Mix that with some historical battles, like Arracourt. Outnumbered and undergunned Shermans slaughtering Panthers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Arracourt

This article directed me on to this one which is now my favorite thing ever:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Carpenter_(lieutenant_colonel)

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

BigglesSWE posted:

This article directed me on to this one which is now my favorite thing ever:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Carpenter_(lieutenant_colonel)

six fuckin tanks lol, this guy would've gotten on well with lord carl

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Speaking of nothing, I was once in Narvik and visisted the museum they have there. Took a bunch of pictures including this one:

Text translates to (roughly) "The Germans march out, a nightmare is over".

I just know that some wheraboo out there takes offense that a nazi-occupied country would describe his beloved übermench like that!

Impromptu Flip
Aug 30, 2008
Do people still play this game (I'm in EU)? Should I buy it? I haven't played a Battlefield game since BF2 and I want to shoot people in a big setting. But maybe I should wait until the new game?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Impromptu Flip posted:

Do people still play this game (I'm in EU)? Should I buy it? I haven't played a Battlefield game since BF2 and I want to shoot people in a big setting. But maybe I should wait until the new game?

Game is good and very well populated in Europe. New game this upcoming fall but if you feel you can spend some money then I’d say go for it. I’ve played since day one and only started to play less frequently when they fixed Battlefront 2 recently. But of the two, Battlefield 1 is still the better game and I’m sure I’ll be back soon.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Impromptu Flip posted:

They’re releasing a lot of the DLC content for free right now and there’s some more new modes still coming out, so it’s still a fairly active playerbase. Plus, the new game probably won’t be out until October/November, so if you want some big spectacle shooting I’d recommend giving it a go

Impromptu Flip
Aug 30, 2008
Cool thanks guys. It costs 20 bux for all of the expansions now, but most importantly there's a trial!! I'll give it a go and see if my box can handle it

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin

Impromptu Flip posted:

A small Eurogoon contingent play regularly. We usually have a squad or so of people.
We only really play Conquest but player population is not a problem. There are dozens of full servers each night.

If you want to join us, give me your Origin id and I'll send over an invite to the Battlefield Bromance discord.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

If you’re new you owe it to yourself to try some of the Operations, at their best they’re the peak Battlefield experience

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

If you’re new you owe it to yourself to try some of the Operations, at their best they’re the peak Battlefield experience

They are good but they get extremely frustrating with imbalanced teams (both numbers and skill). Also some are pretty badly designed and give a huge advantage to the defender. This is more of an issue on certain maps - I think I can count the number of times I've seen the Brits win Gallipoli on one hand, as the first two sectors involve scrambling up an open beachhead through a couple of bottlenecks towards a fortress.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yeah sadly now I suggest just bailing an operation if it seems the attackers can't get past sector 1 and over half the team is just scout. Pubbies going to pubbie I am afraid.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

Riflen posted:

A small Eurogoon contingent play regularly. We usually have a squad or so of people.
We only really play Conquest but player population is not a problem. There are dozens of full servers each night.

If you want to join us, give me your Origin id and I'll send over an invite to the Battlefield Bromance discord.

Can I join in on the fun too? I'm a bad casual player but I can teamplay :ohdear:
Handle is el_chikimiki :)

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin

Chikimiki posted:

Can I join in on the fun too? I'm a bad casual player but I can teamplay :ohdear:
Handle is el_chikimiki :)

Sure. Check Origin for friend request.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i can't help but stir poo poo up, lets go ahead and get the Mumble vs Discord argument going again because everyone is being too nice

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

eonwe posted:

i can't help but stir poo poo up, lets go ahead and get the Mumble vs Discord argument going again because everyone is being too nice

Just lol if you're not on Roger Wilco.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

A bit of a teaser!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dxQKnzAvWY

And WWII is seemingly confirmed...

Watching it in highest res is insane how good that face looks.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 21, 2018

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

BigglesSWE posted:

A bit of a teaser!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dxQKnzAvWY

And WWII is seemingly confirmed...

Watching it in highest res is insane how good that face looks.

Excited that WW2 is essentially confirmed!

I wonder if that’s an actual kill animation from MP or if it’s something from SP. Seems like it has to be from MP considering the HUD but would be a weird melee death animation.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

I’m fine with world war 2 but just don’t overdo the HUD Elements and god sakes let’s have more modes outside of conquest and rush.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I haven't seen anything like this....

I'll come clean guys. Yeah, as far as I know, the game is WWII.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Tab8715 posted:

I’m fine with world war 2 but just don’t overdo the HUD Elements and god sakes let’s have more modes outside of conquest and rush.

They'll have more, don't worry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Excellent to see that spawning on someone when they're in combat is back!