Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Snowy posted:

So am I going to see any of you in the pit at the Misfits show tonight?

I loving wish they would tour this poo poo.

Even with fat Danzig wheezing it's still good tunes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AghrJFkrdOM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Vintersorg posted:

I loving wish they would tour this poo poo.

Even with fat Danzig wheezing it's still good tunes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AghrJFkrdOM

It was pretty loving cool, never thought I’d see them and with Dave Lombardo too so that was double cool.

Suicidal Tendencies kind of sucked imo. I only really know the first album and the songs from Welcome to Venice so I wasn’t into most of their stuff. They played Subliminal so that was good.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Every time I listen to this I become more convinced that Archspire's songs were written by a Markov chain trained on the collected works of Dethklok and 20 3-minute videos of microwave popcorn popping

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Finally got a chance to see Cannabis Corpse the other night, and I kinda love that Phil had a preamble for every song to tell you that it's about weed.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
understandable since it’s such a very subtle thread throughout their songs

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I've seen Ghost 5 times now and liked their first two albums but since last show they started to bore me and I lost interest. Not the greatest Ghost story, but there you go

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

A human heart posted:

Is that good or bad?

You decide.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Vulture Culture posted:

Every time I listen to this I become more convinced that Archspire's songs were written by a Markov chain trained on the collected works of Dethklok and 20 3-minute videos of microwave popcorn popping

I was laughing through the whole album at how ridiculous it was, then the dude started doing pig squeal vocals at the end of one of the tracks and I lost it.

Still a fun listen.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no

murked by dragon posted:

every song on the new amorphis album is good

agreed, the bonus track Brother and Sister is also great

OpaqueEcho fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 21, 2018

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i know it's already been said but gently caress the new alkaloid is so good and fun

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Behemoth and Testament getting the loving shaft here.

quote:

Here are your set times for tonight.
Doors open at - 4:00 PM
Testament - 5:00 PM
Behemoth - 5:55 PM
Anthrax - 6:55 PM
Lamb of God - 8:00 PM
Slayer - 9:20 PM
*All times are subject to change.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Yeah those are some lovely bands to have to play with

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That too. :lol:

In 2 days I get to see Satyricon in Montreal and I am super stoked. While they only have 1 song from the old era the setlist is decent and I enjoy the black and roll era. Made a playlist of the set too - good flow.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Vintersorg posted:

That's exactly what happened when I saw them. Their sets were stupid short

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

In 2 days I get to see Satyricon in Montreal and I am super stoked. While they only have 1 song from the old era the setlist is decent and I enjoy the black and roll era. Made a playlist of the set too - good flow.

Satyricon is probably my least favorite of the classic Norwegian BM bands, but they're the only one I've seen live. They were very serious and kinda angry during the show I saw around 2008, with Satyr kicking an audience member in the face and not saying much, but around 2012 he was shockingly talkative and jovial. Their newer stuff hasn't clicked with me, but the black and roll stuff translates well enough to a fun live show that I'd probably go see them a third time while keeping up hope that Emperor will one day play here.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Vintersorg posted:

No Mental Mercury? Whaaat?

I guess they don't do that one live.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 22, 2018

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Nazzadan posted:

That's exactly what happened when I saw them. Their sets were stupid short

Testament's last album has like two good songs on it, so they have plenty of time

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Fenrir posted:

No Mental Mercury? Whaaat?

I guess they don't do that one live.

I'm not seeing To the Mountains, either :(

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Vintersorg posted:

i dunno 30-45 minutes of behemoth seems like more than enough

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Vintersorg posted:

Get there early. The Doors open at 4:00 and get a whole hour.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh, im not going to that. Saw Slayer once a long time ago and almost left beforehand anyways :3: At the time I was a big Children of Bodom fan and was satisfied with seeing just them.

Never been a big fan and only ever really liked Show No Mercy, South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Last time I saw Slayer was like 7 years ago and they were playing some giant outdoor venue and they sounded terrible. Never saw them again after that, despite seeing them like 10 times before then.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
slayer should just tour as a classic rock cover band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9fQWPtS_Nw

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

Get there early. The Doors open at 4:00 and get a whole hour.

:lol: perfect dadjoke, Dadbod

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

for some reason, i'm in a bethlehem kind of mood tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKZfb_3meq0

22 years old, still loving rips

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

kumba posted:

i know it's already been said but gently caress the new alkaloid is so good and fun
This is not the album I expected or wanted but this is really good

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Snowy posted:

:lol: perfect dadjoke, Dadbod

The best dad metal band is Saxon. Saw them last month when they did a solo show in between Judas Priest dates. It was kind of a last minute deal, so pretty much only Saxon die-hards went. Meaning: 50-year-olds. Everyone was polite and gave each other a lot of space on the floor. Plus, you shrink as you age, so you could see well cuz we're all 5-foot and change. Also, no shoving!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

It’s baffling and awesome that Judas Priest and Saxon are not only still around but still making really good music.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I'm not sure how people in this thread are going to feel about this, but it's pretty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNeVhmjuomM
Or maybe this is more this thread's speed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LdhjRdakDI

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Neither of those videos are "available" to me, so I'm just gonna continue posting stuff I listened to when I was 15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPLeSYcB4HA

and which also still bangs

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

kumba posted:

Holy poo poo yes

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Interstellar Boredom does so much with that main riff that gets played throughout. Lots going on.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

That Alkaloid album is wild but needs a real sit down playthrough. I’ve listened to a little here and there and it’s really not that kind of album. At least until I get familiar with it.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I'm definitely playing two tracks and then going back and repeating it. Just so much going on.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I just saw that Our Place of Worship Is Silence put out their second album last month. Their first one is some pretty mean stuff.
https://opowis.bandcamp.com/album/with-inexorable-suffering

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Detective Thompson posted:

I just saw that Our Place of Worship Is Silence put out their second album last month. Their first one is some pretty mean stuff.
https://opowis.bandcamp.com/album/with-inexorable-suffering

This is pretty rad. It sort of reminds me of Undergang a bit, although maybe not as weird just going by the one track I heard.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

On first listen the new Thy Catafalque has the problem for me as their other albums - there are a bunch of cool moments and it's consistently good but somehow it never comes together into an album I really enjoy and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have forgotten about it within a week.

I really want to like them and I feel like they have a killer album in them but they never keep me engaged long enough.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

il_cornuto posted:

On first listen the new Thy Catafalque has the problem for me as their other albums - there are a bunch of cool moments and it's consistently good but somehow it never comes together into an album I really enjoy and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have forgotten about it within a week.

I really want to like them and I feel like they have a killer album in them but they never keep me engaged long enough.
I really, really liked Rengeteg and could probably sing you that entire disc start to finish in awful phonetic faux-Hungarian, and I feel like my appreciation for their follow-on efforts has to be a lot more deliberate and academic somehow.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Goddamn, the new Alkaloid. :stare:

Also lmao if you can't get down with some Van Canto just get outta my face:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3XVdmalBdI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I posted about this before in the D&D Germany thread of all places but I know Van Canto's newest singer irl (shared alma mater, former co-workers, etc). I always knew that he was in a lovely Euro PM band, but learning that he joined Van Canto, and also that Van Canto exist and are apparently a big deal to people with the wrong kind of brain problems, blew my mind. I realize that this post makes me quite doxxable and has no point but I don't give a poo poo. Also I did not click that youtube, and wouldn't for a million €