Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Well good news Kingzone finally banned Ezreal. However they let Kai'sa through. I think they're relying on Uzi suffering a massive brain injury.

Or Khan can play Illaoi and just instagib Kai'sa the second she dives in, that works too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
The amount of CC on RNG is disgusting. Khan not getting a chance to do anything.

EDIT: Losing first turret as Illaoi is a thing that probably shouldn’t be happening.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 14:33 on May 20, 2018

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Holy loving poo poo that wombo :vince:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

VEL'KOZ BABY!!!!!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Why are there so many technical difficulties at the finals? I swear there haven’t been as many throughout the tournament until now.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

AHHHHH HOLY poo poo

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ROYAL NEVER GIVE UP!!!!

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
lmfao what a silly ending

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Holy poo poo that ending came out of nowhere. RNG are so good and Uzi was a monster that last game. Jesus Christ. What a good series.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

The RNG boys did it yesssssss

Audience chanting Uzi's name. Even the translator got emotional :shobon:

Cheap Trick fucked around with this message at 15:15 on May 20, 2018

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

KZ being floated downriver by inven in a few hours is worth it to see uzi's tears of joy on stage :unsmith:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

:unsmith:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Peanut go back to SKT, they were putting Wolf in Jungler ffs

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Lid posted:

Peanut go back to SKT, they were putting Wolf in Jungler ffs

i have a feeling they'd have to crank his salary up to seven digits USD before he'd return back to SKT

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Yeah, pretty sure Peanut would prefer doing his own thing on Kingzone rather than become Faker's errand boy again

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

One thing I took away from this finals was how dominant RNG looked throughout the entire series. They looked like they could’ve easily 3-0’d had they not thrown game 2 with that team fight. I’m normally am used to Korean teams being the ones who constantly dominate the matchup so seeing RNG put Kingzone on the back foot the entire series was refreshing.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

jimmydalad posted:

One thing I took away from this finals was how dominant RNG looked throughout the entire series. The6 could’ve easily 3-0’d had they not thrown game 2 with that team fight. I’m normally am used to Korean teams being the ones who constantly dominate the matchup so seeing RNG put Kingzone on the back foot the entire series was refreshing.

I got caught completely by surprise at how fast KZ crumbled, although I realistically should have expected the former LZ lineup to turn back into a pumpkin as soon as they showed up internationally. Khan especially went from looking like god to looking like Hashinshin in the span of less than a week. RNG looks loving really good, and Uzi may just well be the best player in the world at this point. Worlds is gonna be nuts.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

jimmydalad posted:

Why are there so many technical difficulties at the finals? I swear there haven’t been as many throughout the tournament until now.

Service to the NA fans who were hoping to see TSM play against Asol

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Pretty solid finals I reckon. Would have liked KZ to put up a little more fight but I really liked the slightly different picks and the pace of the games.

Very glad I started watching late so I could skip all the technical difficulties.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Would it kill Riot to have a knowledgeable ex player on their broadcasts?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Deficio, Jatt and Kobe are all ex-players

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Firebert posted:

Deficio, Jatt and Kobe are all ex-players

Regional leagues also have ex-players on fairly often. Amazing and Freeze are EULCS regulars, NALCS used to have Scarra on all the time and still has Markz around. I'd assume a lot of ex-players are doing analyst work for teams during midseason/off season bootcamps during internationals.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
just dropping back into this thread to say hell yeah Uzi

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Schnorkles posted:

:yeah:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I missed the games live, however

Schnorkles posted:

https://i.imgur.com/28beVNp.mp4

Edit: Also

Killed By Death fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 21, 2018

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I don't have it but one of the LPL playoffs promos had Uzi breaking a keyboard and looking really angrily to the camera. I think it was one of the season 7 splits.

Also with this win Uzi is probably 2nd best player in league history. I would put Mata up as 2nd if he won an LCK split with KT. Since Mata did win an LPL split with Wuxx before Uzi joined RNG and he also won LCK once a long time ago.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I went to sleep during the 4th game but remember thinking KZ were going to win and couldn't stay awake for a 5th game/another korean win.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Schnorkles posted:

:thumbsup:

though this probably means that LPL gets humiliated at worlds, as is tradition

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

Controversial opinion, Uzi wasn't even the best player on his team in the final. Karsa's jungle difference with Peanut won them this final a lot more than it was Uzi being good.

Uzi smashed caitlyn out of lane game 1 but that's because Caitlyn is actually garbage before she buys a third zeal so it's unsurprising that she sucks in a game that doesn't go 40 minutes.

Best ADC not best player in the world definitely.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Now let's hope Korea chokes at worlds too.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Rift Rivals is gonna be a banger.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Urthor posted:

Controversial opinion, Uzi wasn't even the best player on his team in the final. Karsa's jungle difference with Peanut won them this final a lot more than it was Uzi being good.

Uzi smashed caitlyn out of lane game 1 but that's because Caitlyn is actually garbage before she buys a third zeal so it's unsurprising that she sucks in a game that doesn't go 40 minutes.

Best ADC not best player in the world definitely.

It's more that Uzi has been there so many times and obviously it meant a ton to him and it was good to see. :unsmith:

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
tbh if SKT fail to make worlds Uzi might have a shot at winning it

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Remember the Marksman Update is happening next patch, who the gently caress even knows what the ADC meta will be in 4 weeks let alone 5 months. If ADC becomes less of a hard carry position RNG might end up completely boned.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I mean Uzi was really amazing, I'm not sure Karsa was any better than him, but Karsa was also really good.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
MSI was pretty awesome and glad Uzi got a win

When's the next big tournament or season start?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Ulio posted:

I don't have it but one of the LPL playoffs promos had Uzi breaking a keyboard and looking really angrily to the camera. I think it was one of the season 7 splits.
https://i.imgur.com/oMVJi5L.mp4
2015 spring

Digital Jedi posted:

MSI was pretty awesome and glad Uzi got a win

When's the next big tournament or season start?
LCS starts on the 15th of June. Can't find any scheduling information for LCK, LPL or LMS. Rift Rivals starts first week of July.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

LCK and LPL generally start even the same week or the week after LCS.