Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The game has lag issues, sure, but it’s not notably much worse than other multiplayer shooters I’ve played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
this Splatfest is hell. We are in hell

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• US/AU/NZ TMNT Final: Raphael vs. Donatello @ May 18th 21:00 PT / May 19th 00:00 ET / May 19th 14:00 AET :siren: IN PROGRESS :siren:
  • EU TMNT Final: Raphael vs. Donatello @ May 19th 16:00 CET :siren: IN PROGRESS :siren:
  • JP Hello Kitty vs. Cinnamoroll @ May 19th 15:00 JT :siren: IN PROGRESS :siren:
  • JP My Melody vs. Pom Pom Purin @ May 26th 15:00 JT
  • JP Sanrio Final @ June 9th 15:00 JT

All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

Fun fact: Since everybody in the world is Splatfestin', there are no League results at the moment.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

SeANMcBAY posted:

The game has lag issues, sure, but it’s not notably much worse than other multiplayer shooters I’ve played.

It definitely is for me. Never had any game that has provided me as many connection issues as Splatoon.

Which is to say, lag is not that often an actual problem, but flat out disconnects sure are.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Shinmera posted:

It definitely is for me. Never had any game that has provided me as many connection issues as Splatoon.

Which is to say, lag is not that often an actual problem, but flat out disconnects sure are.

It’s usually fine for me and disconnects are rare but today is definitely an issue.:bang:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

rainbow six siege on ps4 was much, much worse for me, but i am in south australia and our internet infrastructure is kinda shonky.

nevertheless, got to raff champ with very few troubles. gonna grind for king later on

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

SeANMcBAY posted:

Three games in a row I had the same guy on the enemy team and I I think he was hacking as he seemed literally invincible and had his special up insanely fast after spawning every time. You also instantly died every time you were in his line of sight with any weapon he chose to use. Dualies shouldn't kill with a single grazing shot.

I did report him just to be safe. Funny enough by the endgame stats he also carried his entire team all 3 matches.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hadn't had any connectivity issues all day so they all popped off in one match

http://twitter.com/In__Training/status/997975330857009152

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

In Training posted:

I hadn't had any connectivity issues all day so they all popped off in one match

http://twitter.com/In__Training/status/997975330857009152

But you won, right?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EightFlyingCars posted:

But you won, right?

Naturally.

Made it to Donnie King with a perfect 50/50 W/L ratio so my contribution is meaningless...

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I had tons of connection issues on my way to king last night. For awhile I was getting ”a communication error has occurred” after every single match ended, and the only way to stop it temporarily was to restart the game.

doors
May 5, 2018

Mokinokaro posted:

Three games in a row I had the same guy on the enemy team and I I think he was hacking as he seemed literally invincible and had his special up insanely fast after spawning every time. You also instantly died every time you were in his line of sight with any weapon he chose to use. Dualies shouldn't kill with a single grazing shot.

I did report him just to be safe. Funny enough by the endgame stats he also carried his entire team all 3 matches.

lots of squids are running special saver since the patch. most of my games this splatfest have been a whole lot of special spam, particularly super jump + splashdown -.-

probably was a hacker with all the other stuff you described, though i didn't know you could actually hack splatoon 2 beyond save editing... :ohdear:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

:confused: But... there is?

Nah

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

Sometimes the desync gets so bad certain people load in faster, see things happen before you and of course flat out move faster than you.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

A lot a strange stuff can happen if one of the people in a match has a bad connection.

It's really bad if you're using a slow weapon like the dynamo roller or a charger because you'll kill someone, but they get to keep moving around and shooting for a good 3-4 seconds before their client realizes they are supposed to be dead.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

two days of nintendo's e3 plans this year are dedicated to the competitive splatoon championship

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

absolutely anything posted:

two days of nintendo's e3 plans this year are dedicated to the competitive splatoon championship

The competitive community is small and fairly fragmented, but yeah, it exists.

Mokinokaro posted:

Something else to be aware of is if you're going up against a weapon that shoots bullets (Shooters, Dualies, and Splatlings all count for this) is that you die much faster if you walk straight into their bullets or they walk into you while shooting.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

Any game can be an esport if you have the money to spare. Microsoft could hold a minesweeper tournament with a ten million dollar prize pool if they wanted to. That doesn't necessarily mean much.

That said, do they not have dedicated servers for tournament matches, at least?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Elman posted:

Any game can be an esport if you have the money to spare. Microsoft could hold a minesweeper tournament with a ten million dollar prize pool if they wanted to. That doesn't necessarily mean much.

That said, do they not have dedicated servers for tournament matches, at least?

It’s still P2P, but in a LAN so connection issues aren’t a problem.

Besides, all the high level minesweeper players don’t use Microsoft’s version.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is splatfest still going on in EU?

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

In Training posted:

Is splatfest still going on in EU?

Should be going for another hour.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good luck Donnie blokes

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I wouldn't be surprised if Donnie sweeps the whole thing, they obviously win the popular vote and while I realize my personal experience means nothing, I haven't lost that much in a splatfest or had such Garbo teammates since being on team Mikey last week.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
And so ends the big TMNT tournament. The last stretch was quite good actually, so who knows. Maybe Donatello will win after all.

Results will be announced in the next rotation, which is about two hours away from now.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

raditts posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Donnie sweeps the whole thing, they obviously win the popular vote and while I realize my personal experience means nothing, I haven't lost that much in a splatfest or had such Garbo teammates since being on team Mikey last week.

I'm honestly expecting it to be the most lop-sided win yet.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I was still hoping Mikey would be the dark horse victory.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

:rip: Raph.

I'm surprised at the popularity, I was getting mirror matches left and right on Team Donatello.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 20, 2018

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
The final results mirror my experience of the Splatfest in the beginning, where I'd win and lose an equal amount, meaning my power level would hover around the 2000s. It was only in the last hours when I participated in team battles that I managed to raise my power level above the 2100s to a high of 2181.1. Yay for Donnie! :woomy:

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Splatfest : "Why the hell is everyone using tenta missles"

*Equips tentamissles*

"Oh."

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Much less one sided then I pictured. Surprised by Raph winning the popularity by such a margin and more surprised the nerds in Donnie’s side only inked out a win in both categories by such small percent advantages

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Never got a mirror as raph and ended with about 50 50 at only champion.

In other news this the best I've ever done. Got 115ish recently but that was with special rounds.

https://twitter.com/SockForSkis/status/994385652073488384?s=19

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I got constant Donnie mirrors so I was surprised he lost popularity. I guess more people than usual were playing.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

https://twitter.com/sankaku_1235/status/998017017000030208?s=19

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Splatzones is the best Ranked mode. All the other modes people only play because they're waiting for Splatzones to rotate back up

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Milky gobs hiding in plain sight.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Guy Goodbody posted:

Splatzones is the best Ranked mode. All the other modes people only play because they're waiting for Splatzones to rotate back up

This is true for me, except when Clam Blitz is up I just play a different video game.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
All modes are good but some modes are better than others

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Thick ropey strands of ink

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/BonzoESC/status/998366785639346177

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Guy Goodbody posted:

I wish that the Thunderdome Shifty Station from a while ago would become a new ranked mode. Basically like Splatzones, but every 30 - 60 seconds, the zone(s) become locked off and whoever won it keeps it. Then, everyone moves to trying to control a different zone (or pair of zones)