Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Questions for Raliba:

* did you happen to pass through a city/village named Dinhaba on your journey to Seir?
* if so, what is it like? Did you meet with its king/magistrate?
* do the common people of Seir have lighter skin than the people of Zepath?
* was the temple for Blooded men more decorated than the temple for non-Blooded men?
* did you happen to meet a man named Gilbar, son of Gilbar on your travels?

super sweet best pal posted:

If having the Trio break us wins, I'm going to try to get Kavodel destroyed.

Extremely normal post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Zybourne Clock posted:

Extremely normal post.

For this thread, yeah.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

super sweet best pal posted:

For this thread, yeah.

Soooo where were you all the other times we've had to endure this? Paebel ring any bells?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Soooo where were you all the other times we've had to endure this? Paebel ring any bells?

Hadn't started reading yet, it was on my to-read list for a long time.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yo, did you come up with that or is it from somewhere? It's super rad and perfectly illustrates who I want Enkidel to be.

We've seen where it leads, to perfected men and flesh carts. And losing, 'cause the ocean is still gonna eat you despite all your tricks.

Ubern00b
Nov 4, 2009

1. C
2. F
3. E <- our aura will ball them right up. Plus this sets a precedent for volunteering for danger = chance to join the balls.
4. F.
5. E.
6. B.
7. A.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Brain Candy posted:

We've seen where it leads, to perfected men and flesh carts. And losing, 'cause the ocean is still gonna eat you despite all your tricks.

If they keep losing they ain't perfected enough :colbert:.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Jesus Tomn, I thought you went off to learn the arts of the sea, not the slippery slope.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Diogines posted:

Do people want to ask this?

Incredibly yes

This isn't just in the way of experimenting. Sure we're doing time fuckery, but if the actions we take whilst trancing can lead to us loving up our potential future options, that's bad. We have no control over what we do and if the blood thing is any evidence, it could potentially lead to crossing a line.

This isn't just experimenting. This is us literally losing control of our body, which is something we Need to have more info on. Pronto

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hattie Masters posted:

Incredibly yes

This isn't just in the way of experimenting. Sure we're doing time fuckery, but if the actions we take whilst trancing can lead to us loving up our potential future options, that's bad. We have no control over what we do and if the blood thing is any evidence, it could potentially lead to crossing a line.

This isn't just experimenting. This is us literally losing control of our body, which is something we Need to have more info on. Pronto

This.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ask about trancing

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Theglavwen posted:

Jesus Tomn, I thought you went off to learn the arts of the sea, not the slippery slope.

What is a wave if not the slipperiest slope of all?

But to be less dramatic, the key point here is to recognize the limits and effects of power. Any time you exercise power, you're pushing against all the forces and all the people that are maintaining the status quo. The greater the change you seek, the stronger the pushback, and the greater the power you must marshal to keep a lid on dissent. A change like "Eliminating slavery in the Donut" is BIG - that's going to require a lot of power and a lot of suppression, as well as the outright elimination of those who will fight to the death to defend the status quo. Whether you think it's justified or not, it WILL require that you suppress the free will of quite a lot of people, and the fact that many of those are slavers or those who benefit from slavery doesn't change that. Since free will is something that's been repeatedly emphasized in the game, it's worth bringing up again whenever someone talks about using our powers for good.

Of course, this is speaking of hard power alone, since that's the most common way to view it. We can kick rear end, we can make things happen, why not? Soft power is also a thing, though, and while in some ways it's more acceptable, in its own way it's just as problematic. If there are people for whom your word is law because of how widely respected and revered you are, you have essentially yoked their will to yours, and the fact that they do so gladly doesn't make it any less of an issue - assuming you think free will is important. A beloved monarch whose every pronouncement is obeyed from love can be as much of a tyrant as a bloodthirsty warlord whose every decree is obeyed from fear.

None of this is to say that I object to the use of power, full stop. What I object to is the casual use of power, an unthinking, instinctive attempt to impose our will on the world without considering the cost. Sometimes the price of power may be worth paying - sometimes it may not. What matters is that whatever we decide, we always know what the price is, and if we pay it we do not do so blindly.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Ok, but what effect does eating people have on their free will?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

There Bias Two posted:

Ask about trancing

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

1. C
2. C but also scold him
3. B + D
4. CD
5. C+I+T
6. A but let out a single manly tear
7. C

Also ask about trancing, +1 to trip to Zepa statue

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 12:13 on May 21, 2018

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Ok, but what effect does eating people have on their free will?

Depends on who's doing the eating.

(I'm only half-kidding)

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Do not ask about trancing.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Infinity Gaia posted:

If we're really gonna go with not getting potentially super interesting information, can we at least try to wring SOMETHING out of the Trio? Something along the lines of "We'll agree to the censoring, but could they please give you leave to answer one of my questions in return? They can even choose, they know what I wish to know well enough, I just want SOMETHING. Being in the dark about everything is exhausting."

This is fine with me as a censorvoter.

Also ask about trancing, but try not to mention the blood part specifically.

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?

Infinity Gaia posted:

If we're really gonna go with not getting potentially super interesting information, can we at least try to wring SOMETHING out of the Trio? Something along the lines of "We'll agree to the censoring, but could they please give you leave to answer one of my questions in return? They can even choose, they know what I wish to know well enough, I just want SOMETHING. Being in the dark about everything is exhausting."

Cue the Trio giving us the recipe to one of Ish's favourite, yet mundane cocktails.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Question for Diog: You said that we store beer and wine in our yakchal. Please tell me that we only store white wine. Because if we serve red wine chilled, maybe the stories about Zepathans being uncultured barbarians are right after all :ohdear:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ask Zepa's monument if we can ever meet Zepa.

Tell Tudiya about what Ish is suggesting to us, that we damage a part of our senses because the watchers think it prudent.

Hattie Masters posted:

Incredibly yes

Agreed, ask.

Also tell him exactly what happened so he knows why.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Tomn posted:

Oh for Heaven's sake.

Diog, I claim my right to ask questions that might have been made clear earlier but which I no longer know the answer to because I'm out of the loop: From an Urian cultural perspective, how much responsibility do we have for the actions of these slaver killer guys if it turns out they're from Kavodel?

Oy gevalt, always the same thing, I swear, everyone arguing 21st century analogies up the wall when Diog's RIGHT THERE to clarify cultural views in this setting. He's a resource! Ask him questions about the facts of the setting instead of getting caught up in your own loops of logic!
If they were Marnal's Mercy? Becauae that is a popular theory. Well, despite many posts to the contrary you did NOT arm or train them, except they recieve some training for the city wide ewr drills. You probably did provide them their bows, like every man in Kavodel but as professional adventurers they have probably bought better bows by now. They have complete suits of excellent bronze armor, though you did not provide or pay for any of it, most soldiers in the world don't have armor of their quality, complete suits of bronze are rare. To use an analogy everyone else will get but you won't, what they have is comparable to Judah's palace guard armor. Not in any way mystical, just expensive and that is rare. They are less artistic than Judah's armor but of similar quality. Because of the large amounts of copper and tin are mined in your city combined with the ever-growing industry of smiths the price of armor in your city has fallen substantially. Being among Kavodel'a oldest families and mostly slklled men, Marnal's Mercy could afford the good stuff.

They are most certainly not "Blooded" by the standards of Zepath. Not a one of them can summon active mystical powers sa far as you know. Like many in Kavodel they are a bit stronger, tougher and faster but no one in your city would call them flooded and they are not superhuman. Overall, they would be comprable to a group of highly elite soldiers from the Donut, many cities can and do produce groups of similar quality, some probably bigger. Some more Blooded. Though, if they were smart you could see how they could have tremendous success and how it would be very difficult to track them down. You live in a world of slow communication, actually getting them could be quite tough.

They are not your family, so you don't have any family obligations of that sort. If you think what they are doing is wrong, you have some vague honor bound duties to stop them as you are a prominent member of your society and they are also part of your society. Enkidel, for his many good ideals has poo poo for honor and you mock such ideas except to the extent that you sometimes pretend to care about them because Society expects you to. I rarely say what you believe and leave that to you, but on this I will, you don't give a poo poo about honor. If that is good or bad is up to you, I'm just making the observation. What other obligations might you have to intervene? Well. If you think what they are doing is a violation of sacred law, if you are a loyal servant of El, you might see that as an obligation to intervene. Your father would most certainly want you to tell him if you had discovered this, if you think you've discovered anything is up to you and you can be certain he would be furious if you or some of your men went into the donuts to commit violence, i.e. killing or capturing Marnal's Mercy without consulting with him first. You've heard rumors of weird band it's a very far distance away, if you think that is information you have to share with your father, that is up to you.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 13:52 on May 21, 2018

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yes, let’s tell Tudiya we are part melachim

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Ishamal: is having the new Well information dangerous because it may in some way alert dangerous parties to my existence, or is it dangerous because it might influence me to choose to take dangerous actions?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

FaustianQ posted:

We paid them,
They are not on your payroll.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Phew that was a doozy, thanks Lurkbeast for the vote summary.

[C,C,A,B,CIS,A,A]

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

1. A
2. E
3. E
4. A
5. BGS
6. B
7. E

Added to the spreadsheet

Aades fucked around with this message at 13:48 on May 21, 2018

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Diogines posted:

If they were Marnal's Mercy? Becauae that is a popular theory. Well, despite many posts to the contrary you did NOT arm or train them, except they recieve some training for the city wide ewr drills. You probably did provide them their bows, like every man in Kavodel but as professional adventurers they have probably bought better bows by now. They have complete suits of excellent bronze armor, though you did not provide or pay for any of it, most soldiers in the world don't have armor of their quality, complete suits of bronze are rare. To use an analogy everyone else will get but you won't, what they have is comparable to Judah's palace guard armor. Not in any way mystical, just expensive and that is rare. They are less artistic than Judah's armor but of similar quality. Because of the large amounts of copper and tin are mined in your city combined with the ever-growing industry of smiths the price of armor in your city has fallen substantially. Being among Kavodel'a oldest families and mostly slklled men, Marnal's Mercy could afford the good stuff.

They are most certainly not "Blooded" by the standards of Zepath. Not a one of them can summon active mystical powers sa far as you know. Like many in Kavodel they are a bit stronger, tougher and faster but no one in your city would call them flooded and they are not superhuman. Overall, they would be comprable to a group of highly elite soldiers from the Donut, many cities can and do produce groups of similar quality, some probably bigger. Some more Blooded. Though, if they were smart you could see how they could have tremendous success and how it would be very difficult to track them down. You live in a world of slow communication, actually getting them could be quite tough.

They are not your family, so you don't have any family obligations of that sort. If you think what they are doing is wrong, you have some vague honor bound duties to stop them as you are a prominent member of your society and they are also part of your society. Enkidel, for his many good ideals has poo poo for honor and you mock such ideas except to the extent that you sometimes pretend to care about them because Society expects you to. I rarely say what you believe and leave that to you, but on this I will, you don't give a poo poo about honor. If that is good or bad is up to you, I'm just making the observation. What other obligations might you have to intervene? Well. If you think what they are doing is a violation of sacred law, if you are a loyal servant of El, you might see that as an obligation to intervene. Your father would most certainly want you to tell him if you had discovered this, if you think you've discovered anything is up to you and you can be certain he would be furious if you or some of your men went into the donuts to commit violence, i e killing or chaining up Marnal's Mercy without consulting with him first. You've heard rumors of weird band it's a very far distance away, if you think that is information you have to share with your father, that is up to you.

What I'm getting from this is that we personally don't have very strong obligations to do anything about these guys. All right, then. Will the Donut kings think the same?

If any of the Donut cities happened to confirm that these raiders came from Kavodel, will they expect us to do anything about it? If so, what would be customary? Do we expect them to go to war or otherwise conduct major diplomatic conflict (trade blockade, harrassing passing Kavodelans, etc.) over such raiders?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I mean whatever Donut Kings may or may not feel honor bound to do if they traced them back to us would almost certainly be superceded by the fact that they know how utterly shitstomped they would get for trying. Which, honestly, makes me wish a Tyrant would. That'd be a nice update to release some tension as we literally juggle a donut king and his elite guard.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Tomn posted:

What I'm getting from this is that we personally don't have very strong obligations to do anything about these guys. All right, then. Will the Donut kings think the same?

If any of the Donut cities happened to confirm that these raiders came from Kavodel, will they expect us to do anything about it? If so, what would be customary? Do we expect them to go to war or otherwise conduct major diplomatic conflict (trade blockade, harrassing passing Kavodelans, etc.) over such raiders?
Would they? Oh, you can bet your rear end they would be furious and expect you to do something. I thought you meant what obligation you thought you had, yourself. Though, to even admit to foreigners that bandits were a problem that they could not handle themselves would be highly embarrassing so maybe not? You can be confident that there won't be a war, or well, not a long one anyway.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 14:08 on May 21, 2018

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Theglavwen posted:

Ask Rabila: How tall was the King of Seir?
"Not so tall as you Magistrate, but I think only one man was ever so tall" Rabilla and his cousin give a small laugh at that, then Rabilla says "Almost as tall as the King or maybe a little taller? Painted in gold, and El I hope it was only paint, the man is a terrifying sight to behold."

Travic posted:

Is the information just dangerous because you're worried I'm going to blab to the first person I see or something more serious?

Diogines posted:

Ishamal says "I will say no more and give you hints of the knowledge I bade you not gain. Trust me. They were wise to keep it from you."

jazzyhattrick posted:

Question for Diog: You said that we store beer and wine in our yakchal. Please tell me that we only store white wine. Because if we serve red wine chilled, maybe the stories about Zepathans being uncultured barbarians are right after all :ohdear:
You store whatever is on hand and enjoy cold wine like a barbarian. Or not if that makes it worse. I am a wine connoisseur. Whatever tastes bet for cold or not cold status, that is what you do.

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Ishamal: is having the new Well information dangerous because it may in some way alert dangerous parties to my existence, or is it dangerous because it might influence me to choose to take dangerous actions?

Diogines posted:

Ishamal says "I will say no more and give you hints of the knowledge I bade you not gain. Trust me. They were wise to keep it from you."

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I'm not sure I understand why there was a cultural responsibility with barkof and jesbaam but not if marmals mercy has a bandit camp by a city?

Absum
May 28, 2013

1. B
2. C
3. A changed to B
4. CD
5. CI
6. A
7. A

Absum fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 23, 2018

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Diogines posted:

Would they? Oh, you can bet your rear end they would be furious and expect you to do something. I thought you meant what obligation you thought you had, yourself. Though, to even admit to foreigners that bandits were a problem that they could not handle themselves would be highly embarrassing. You can be confident that there won't be a war, or well, not a long one anyway.

Hmm. Interesting. So they'll EXPECT us to do something about it, but won't have much real power to enforce it. Not entirely unexpected.

What exactly would the offended Donut Kings expect us to do? Hunt down the bandits, pay compensation, make a public apology, hunt down the bandits personally, convince the bandits to stop, turn them over to the Donut Kings for justice, what?

What would the Donut Kings not affected by the raiding think if everyone learned that the raiders were from Kavodel, but we refused to do anything about it?

What would the nearby kings closer to home expect us to do if they find out the raiders came from Kavodel? I'd ask about more specific cities but, uh, I'm a little unclear right now who's left. Like, for example, would Tudiya expect us to hunt down the raiders, or is he unlikely to give a toss what a Donut King thinks he's entitled to?

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
1. Do you speak to Tudiya of David?
C. I ask David be allowed to leave Rimmath for adventuring, but not permanently, he is to coordinate with the commander of Zepath's Mighty Men for a temporary replacement when he goes.

2. What did you do when you discovered what your grandson and men had done?

F. I let them stay. My grandson and the youngest of my men did what they thought was right. And I told Esher to be more careful in the future because both of our asses are on the line if we got caught defying the King.

3.How do you reward such men?
B. I gave them a generous amount of riches, be it silver, cattle or land. None would ever need work again if they did not wish to.

4. You have created four Blooded Bronze arrows of exceptional quality, the best you have ever made, possessing apparently mystical properties, though far from a peer to the Eagle Arrow. What did you do with them?
H. I prayed to El for guidance.

5. What do you do with the stone? Rather than having several votes, we will have multiple elements, pick one from each group as needed. If your decision for the first or second group makes subsequent groups moot, don't pick from them.
B. I told Esher he did well and insisted he bring any others he found to me, I took it.
I. I brought it to Tudiya.
T. If I picked an option above which included giving it to Tudiya, I asked him to give Esher a reward from his armory. Tudiya probably has something better laying around and since it is his own grandson, he might agree to offer it as a reward.

6. With cryptic words, Ishamal has revealed that the Watchers of Zepath have been hiding information on your Well but can no longer do so, without your knowledge of their efforts, without a slight risk they injure you in the process, which they are unwilling to do. And so he asks for your permission for them to hide the information. Knowing now that something is being hidden, Ishamal nearly pleads with you while stating you are not required to agree. Do you let them do so?
A. With a deep breath, tell Ishamal I trust him and thank him, then agree to... whatever it is the Watchers of Zepath have in mind. Let them continue to hide the knowledge they have hidden.

7. What if anything do you do for your people demanding for complete abolition in Kavodel?
E. Plan Tsyni - death by kafkaesque bureaucracy. To bring a slave into Kavodel you must fill out form 17B.3, which will require a notary certified under K8b to sign the form in the presence of three appointed sub-magistrates of Kavodel, who only work every second Tuesday, etc etc.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

SerSpook posted:

Re-asking whether Ishamal had any insight on the trances we enter while making our breastplate. Presumably this is well before we do the arrow thing, as our much more moderate and less crazy trances with the breastplate were happening for awhile before the arrow ones, yeah?

By a vote of 12 in favor and 3 against...

Yes:
Crazycryodude
FaustianQ
GreyjoyBastard
Hattie Masters
jazzyhattrick
Magnusth
Mr. Nemo
Kristopher
SerSpook
There Bias Two
Toughy
Travic

No:
Lanky Coconut Tree
pumpinglemma
Zodiac5000

You describe to Ishamal what was occurring when you worked upon your armor sometimes, you seemed to just... zone out and your mind would... wander? Yet still you kept working on your armor? What was I doing? What did it mean? Ishamal says "You've learned much of how to control your body and mind. You've intuited a way for your unwaking mind to aid you in a task your waking mind does not understand, or to try to anyway. Your waking mind surrendered to your unwaking mind, in hopes it might have the knowledge needed. We've spent many years together training for you to not use your abilities by accident Enkidel so I'm sure I don't need to explain to you how incredibly dangerous it is that you use any ability you may possess without careful consideration and clarity of thought. I am glad and relieved you asked me about it. Work your forge as you will Enkidel, but it needs to be YOU working it. Don't let yourself... doze off at your smithy again, now that you are aware of it I'm sure you can manage as long as you think about it."

[...]

There is one vote we wanted to address early, the rest remain open. The results are pretty clear. Also, while things are in a "timey-wimey" state, it wouldn't be consistent to let the answer above change your vote for #4, which I imagine it would. So, on to #4...

Diogines posted:

You spend some time training with your bow but it has no special focus and so you make some progress, but not significant revelations. Your skills remain sharp, your accuracy excellent and your precision over long distances unparalleled. But no dazzling new techniques have been obtained by you, nor stunning new methods uncovered. You remain the best archer in this corner of Ur, as best you know anyway. Though if there is little news to report on the usage of your bow, your making of arrows may be another matter. For years you worked on your craft of making blooded-bronze arrows and you made small, incremental progress, making such swifter, of higher quality and with more ease. But you hoped for more. Like walking into a room and forgetting why you entered, or the sound of a song at the tip of your tongue, a sense of deja-vu and a half forgotten memory. You worked in vain for years to rekindle whatever it was which permitted you create the eagle arrow, feeling as if you could almost reach out and grasp it, yet having no success at all as your fingers brush against... something, but something you cannot reach, something just beyond your grasp.

It is not something you can put simply into words, you lack the vocabulary. You suspect it is not simply something that you lack, but something extra that you have which is getting in the way. Once the Ormialachelstssssss[hissssssss]-[different sort of hiss]-[yet a third type of hiss]-[fourteen additional sorts of distinct hisses] hinted to you usage of SPIRIT-Spirit would be far easier if you did not have a body and cheerfully and helpfully offered to kill you. Whether anything the Ormialachelstssssss[17 hisses] said is true or not you do not know. But when your conscious mind tries to latch onto the knowledge to perform greater feats in crafting your arrows, you have a sensation as if YOU are getting in the way of yourself. It is not something you can clearly articulate or explain. However in recent years you have through active effort entered a... trance state of sort while trying to craft exceptional arrows. Often by the time you come to your senses again nothing has happened or you appear to have simply fallen asleep. Sometimes you find yourself in other parts of your workshop. Sometimes by the time you come to your senses you found your tools scattered and arrows half completed. You could feel yourself getting... closer to something and so you persisted. More recently, by the time you came to your senses you found...

A pool of blood covered much of your work bench, with more blood smeared all around your workshop and yourself. The bleeding seemed to have stopped by the time you came back to your senses but the large cut in your palm gives every indication that during your trance you... cut yourself. You found four pristine Blooded Bronze arrows sitting beside your forge, shining and pristine. Four in one day is... more than you could ever produce and they each were a rival for the best you had ever made. You cleaned your workshop before Adina came and discovered what had happened and then tested the arrows.

Each shot with great speed, though not nearly so fast as the Eagle Arrow and unlike the Eagle Arrow, these arrows seemed to strike their target with extra force, rather a considerable amount actually, though with their sturdy construction you did not break them, yet, nor did you try to. Each arrow possessed a Presence far stronger than any you had made before, though sensing them caused you to feel a sense of unspecific dread in your heart. You felt yourself slowly getting closer to... something in your trances, did your unconscious mind realize what it needed and... used it?

Four of your Blooded Bronze arrows are blooded indeed.

Jobe asked you why for a week you brought livestock to the altar and Naomi wanted to know why for more than a week you ate nothing. A grueling experience for someone with your hunger. But you told neither.

You broke the arrows to render them useless and buried the arrows in what you hoped was a safe place, deep, deep underground, then erected an altar on the spot and made another offering, dismantling the altar and obscuring your digging before you left. For a week and more you fasted and made offerings and prayed to El for guidance. In the time since, there has been no apparent punishment from on high for what you did.

Perhaps your sin-offering was accepted? Perhaps El did not know, or did not care? Perhaps something else entirely? You don't know, but nothing occured.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Enkidel's unconscious mind wants to do a lot of hosed up things, tbh.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

So does his conscious mind, but yeah Ishamal kinda confirms that trancing is really dangerous and almost like letting another being control us.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Task Manager posted:

Enkidel's unconscious mind wants to do a lot of hosed up things, tbh.

Keep in mind that the same unconscious mind letting us make these arrows is the same one that wants to devour the souls of our enemies and friends alike.

I'm sure some of you are totally fine with that though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oh great because of that vote we'll never get any kind of magical crafting done ever again, most likely. Fantastic.

Might as well dismantle our whole forge right now, for all regular or even blooded equipment matters against top tier demons.