Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Antivehicular posted:

This isn't technically about a foster cat, just our regular idiot, but because the subject came up: what do people recommend for bathing cats with butt problems? We need to get our long-haired moron in for a proper sanitary clip, but we want to get her cleaned up beforehand. Are there particular soaps for this, or do we just want a lot of warm water and time?

I'm only saying this here, and I trust nobody to repeat it...

The secret to getting a cat's butthole clean is to check any ideas about your own personal pride out the door. In the moment when you need to clean a fat cat's buttfolds... It's best to step outside of your body and not quite think about what you're doing.

In short, just get in there. Soap/Shampoo is fine, but really... agitation seems to be what's most important.

Oh, and while you're doing all that, call the cat Mr. Poopybutthole and say "ooooweeee" a bunch. It helps shift things from macabre to cosmic horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
so many quoteables in there

must resist :negative:

Mormon Mother
Jan 23, 2008
Self diagnosed!
Here have a nice palate cleanser from dirty cat butt chat!

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Look at that face!

Mormon Mother
Jan 23, 2008
Self diagnosed!
South is now a lampshade puppy and was very sad but he's starting to cheer up about it. He's even started wagging his tail again!

Today is his last day with us, we are dropping him off with his new family this afternoon. Guys :smith:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Hey, adopting him out means you'll be able to keep fostering good dogs so they can be adopted in turn. It's bittersweet but also a tremendously good deed you're doing. Foster fails aren't bad but successful fostering is awesome.

What a handsome boy he is, too. :3:

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Emma Esq. And Dr. Sterling wanted some snuggletime/glamourshots

Sad eyes...

Pretty girl:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Oh my god they're so fluffy

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

I know I've been slacking off, but these kittens are getting way too fast to photograph. Here's Dr. Sterling being the fluffiest and again, lying about the abundant snuggles he receives on a daily basis.

In other news, SSG Steve Sassypants is definitely female. I call her Stevie now. :3 She's also still the most active of the bunch (though inquisitive Emma is catching up) and it turns out she's short haired!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dr Sterling is amazing and I want him.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Wroughtirony posted:

I know I've been slacking off, but these kittens are getting way too fast to photograph. Here's Dr. Sterling being the fluffiest and again, lying about the abundant snuggles he receives on a daily basis.

In other news, SSG Steve Sassypants is definitely female. I call her Stevie now. :3 She's also still the most active of the bunch (though inquisitive Emma is catching up) and it turns out she's short haired!

Oh god, I love it when they're fuzzy like that. She looks a bit like the one we lost a couple of years ago, what a sweet little pea.

And what happened with South, MM! Did you end up adopting him out? Did you start up another foster?

Also also:

https://twitter.com/Bscotchthecat1/status/998406145097289728

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Butters does not seem unhappy about this situation. How is he doing with babby cries?

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Congrats!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Happy belated birthday, Chili Jr.!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Butters needs to lift his game in the cat competition, or Phyrexian Obliterator is going to win! :ohdear:

Also congratulations on your baby :allears:.

Mormon Mother
Jan 23, 2008
Self diagnosed!

Chili posted:

And what happened with South, MM! Did you end up adopting him out? Did you start up another foster?

The people that were going to adopt him decided he might not be a good fit for them, so we have submitted our own adoption papers and are waiting to hear back. We miss him a ton and hope he can come back to us for good! Once he's settled and we have him trained better we are planning to foster again.

If the family he's with currently have not taught him his name by the time (if) we get him, we think we are going to name him something else. We are leaning towards either Rush, Nacho or Bean/Beans, but neither of us are completely sold on either. Suggestions are welcome!

Mormon Mother fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 21, 2018

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Congrats on your new weird cat!

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
What a strange looking cat.

How is katdicks?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

So, Chili, is that new cat a foster failure yet or...

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Have you picked a name for the new Sphinx cat yet? :3:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Butters needs to lift his game in the cat competition, or Phyrexian Obliterator is going to win! :ohdear:

Also congratulations on your baby :allears:.

That may very well happen. Kinda got my hands a little full at the moment. But hey if someone wants to be butterscotch's campaign manager, he is happy to repay you with buttery pictures.

Good luck with South!

Katdicks is in great health and so is baby. She was born huge and is putting on weight super fast!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Monty seems at peace with the whole situation.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Gosh I have not been keeping up with posting cat cuddling pictures.I need to remember to post some next week when I go!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chili posted:

That may very well happen. Kinda got my hands a little full at the moment. But hey if someone wants to be butterscotch's campaign manager, he is happy to repay you with buttery pictures.

Good luck with South!

Katdicks is in great health and so is baby. She was born huge and is putting on weight super fast!

I will not let this contest go uncontested! Share the pictures and I'll spruik for the glorious Butterscotch :patriot:.

edit:

Vote Butterscotch! :patriot:

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 14:00 on May 22, 2018

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

He's taken over a thread, he's taken over a sub-forum, and now he's taking over the forums :)

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
A little campaign/brag update.

Sometimes it takes making a video and seeing him through a screen to realize how much weight he's lost. Still so happy that he's a healthful bugger now and can continue to ruin our lives for more years to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3H8oPBDe94

If you want to support Bscotch's quest for glory, go here! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857561

Chili fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 27, 2018

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
He really does look like a different cat. It's pretty amazing. I don't mind kiska losing to the Butterboy :kimchi:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chili posted:

Sometimes it takes making a video and seeing him through a screen to realize how much weight he's lost. Still so happy that he's a healthful bugger now and can continue to ruin our lives for more years to come.

If you want to support Bscotch's quest for glory, go here! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857561

I'd hoped to just up his numbers a bit with some campaigning, I wasn't prepared to actually see Butterscotch fly into the lead by a solid ten votes :patriot:.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Rexie is a wonderful cat.

Butterscotch, however, has suffered and grown as a person, finding his forever home, surviving a diet that helped him transform entirely - and he has maintained his good attitude through it all.

I voted for Bscotch. :3:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

StrixNebulosa posted:

Rexie is a wonderful cat.

Butterscotch, however, has suffered and grown as a person, finding his forever home, surviving a diet that helped him transform entirely - and he has maintained his good attitude through it all.

I voted for Bscotch. :3:

He's maintained his attitude, certainly

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'd hoped to just up his numbers a bit with some campaigning, I wasn't prepared to actually see Butterscotch fly into the lead by a solid ten votes :patriot:.

Hi five, my goon sir.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I voted for Butters and Rexie, because look at them.

Mormon Mother
Jan 23, 2008
Self diagnosed!
South is now ours! Oh he had butt worms so he's been treated for that. We took him to the vet and he also might have heart worm! We will hear back from the lab in a couple of days. Here, have some pictures of the wormy fella.

The good news is that his farts are no longer room clearing :)

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
That looks like a real good boy :kimchi:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Mormon Mother posted:

The good news is that his farts are no longer room clearing :)

its good that you have managed to fool yourself already

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Sometimes, the rescue life chooses you.

https://twitter.com/ParisZarcilla/status/1001748442119593984
https://twitter.com/ParisZarcilla/status/1001773937980735493

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Chili posted:

Goddamn, Butterscotch loving loves food. I wonder if his metabolism is all messed up and he constantly feels hungry, or if he’s just a fat fucker with the munchies like me.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Pollyanna posted:

Goddamn, Butterscotch loving loves food. I wonder if his metabolism is all messed up and he constantly feels hungry, or if he’s just a fat fucker with the munchies like me.

Yes. He really, really does.

I've recently started playing a new game with him where I throw him his kibbles one by one when it's dinner time. It's equal parts hilarious, cruel, and helpful as he slows down and gets some exercise. It also makes for good viewing. Be on the lookout for that soon.

Also, bonus content. A lot of people ask me how butters is handling the new baby. This pretty much sums it up perfectly:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Chili posted:

Yes. He really, really does.

I've recently started playing a new game with him where I throw him his kibbles one by one when it's dinner time. It's equal parts hilarious, cruel, and helpful as he slows down and gets some exercise. It also makes for good viewing. Be on the lookout for that soon.

Also, bonus content. A lot of people ask me how butters is handling the new baby. This pretty much sums it up perfectly:

Awww he jelly :3: Does he interact with them otherwise? I always wondered how cats deal with babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

My sister in law has a toddler and an outdoor/indoor cat (they live on a many-acred wooded property and keep a ton of animals) The cat loves the kid, the kid loves the cat. They raised it from a little bitty kitten and she kind of man-handles him but Kitty (yeah, just Kitty) lets her carry him around and pet him and pull on his tail like it ain't no thing. I was honestly impressed by just how chill of a cat he was.

It probably depends on the cat, and being raised around children would definitely make it easier.