Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I've got the hottest leaks right here
https://twitter.com/wardleton/status/997342331845136384?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Infinitum posted:

It's also very very unlikely that WoW would be able to function on a PS4. Too many buttons to push, too many individual button combos that would need to be mapped, just literally not enough buttons for any extra talents. Consumables would be a nightmare, etc, etc.

I don't disagree, or believe that list is real, but they did manage to squeeze Elite Dangerous onto a DS4 (by using two-button combos and dividing the trackpad into several extra buttons).

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

WoW has fewer buttons in general than FF14, and that plays just fine on a controller

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

CDPR has always had a good relationship with Microsoft so it's likely to be shown on the X-Box stage.

Remember when they couldn't get Witcher 3 demos to play on Xboxes that year because they were still running on Microsoft's online only program?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Infinitum posted:

It's also very very unlikely that WoW would be able to function on a PS4. Too many buttons to push, too many individual button combos that would need to be mapped, just literally not enough buttons for any extra talents. Consumables would be a nightmare, etc, etc.

FFXIV works fantastically on PS4 and it has way, way more buttons than WoW.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I hope this one is cross platform

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The only platform its available on are those urinal arcade games where you get more points depending on how long and how hard you can pee

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I can't wait for Yakuza Kiwami 2

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

:bisonyes:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

WoW is way too far along to be ported now. The PC version is held together with a decade and a half of duct tape, gum and prayers. Imagine what a task it would be to shift that to consoles now.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Infinitum posted:

They're starting to setup for E3 and some of the props have leaked

wtf is this?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

wtf is this?

I have no idea. Nier on Switch?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LOL @ that list, who the gently caress even is Nymasoft. "Just list every loving thing imaginable"

Michael Jackson Rock Band 4 lol. Thanks for reminding me that Squeenix has the contract to make an Avengers game, though---I wonder if that will even come out. It's not like Squeenix has their poo poo together like the Spider-Man dev does.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

it's what Eidos got diverted from stuff like Deus Ex for, so I'd hope.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

LOL @ that list, who the gently caress even is Nymasoft. "Just list every loving thing imaginable"

Michael Jackson Rock Band 4 lol. Thanks for reminding me that Squeenix has the contract to make an Avengers game, though---I wonder if that will even come out. It's not like Squeenix has their poo poo together like the Spider-Man dev does.

Apparently it originated on Game Informer but yeah, I highly doubt anything on that list is true.

That said, the devs behind Life is Strange did say that details about the sequel would start coming out in the next few months (this was said around the time Before the Storm wrapped up in March) so an E3 reveal isn't out of the realm of possibility.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If Life is Strange 2 gets a reveal then it will almost certainly be at the Square-Enix event and not with Sony.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

If Life is Strange 2 gets a reveal then it will almost certainly be at the Square-Enix event and not with Sony.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Before the Storm first revealed during Microsoft's event last year?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It was, but this year Square-Enix has their own floor show prior to E3 and Life is Strange is one of their most popular western IPs. It could pop up on a different stage but I think it will show there.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Infinitum posted:

Mad Max, the movie series, works because it plays the insanity completely straight.

Rage 2 looks like it might lean too hard into the wacky lets-go-memeing side of things and the announce trailer doesn't fill me with confidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7eXH25_KC0

Hopefully they'll have a nice long gameplay demo during E3, but I feel it's gonna be an uphill battle to convince people that this isn't just Borderlands-but-less-colourful

We've just come full circle from how Borderlands 1 began life as the lame ripoff of the then soon to be released Rage but then beat it to the punch with their ripped off artstyle and meme-itude.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

We've just come full circle from how Borderlands 1 began life as the lame ripoff of the then soon to be released Rage but then beat it to the punch with their ripped off artstyle and meme-itude.

I welcome it, since a RAGE2 from Avalanche/id would probably be way better than a third Borderlands anyway. The shooting and gameplay in general would likely be leaps and bounds over how Borderlands feels. Gearbox has had a rough go since BL2 while id is blazing hot right now after DOOM.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Teasing me about a new final fantasy tactics is just loving cruel

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Yeah, if its not from the Advance series its just a waste

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Very skeptical of this leak - not because of what's in there but because of what ISN'T. I feel like any list that is missing DMC5 is fighting an uphill battle for credibility since that one has had a very strong rumor going for it pointing at E3 since like, last year.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

It was, but this year Square-Enix has their own floor show prior to E3 and Life is Strange is one of their most popular western IPs. It could pop up on a different stage but I think it will show there.

Fair, though considering Square themselves has (as far as I know) nothing to do with the development of these games beyond publishing them and owning the rights to the series it could go either way honestly. But yeah, most likely it'll show up at their event.

Still hoping for a Switch version this time around (and maybe ports of the other two games as well) though i kind of doubt it's going to happen.

Also, while the name shown on the list probably isn't accurate I do hope the new game has some kind of unique subtitle if only because that would make it a lot easier to search for (there's a fair amount of people on the internet who still think Before the Storm IS Life is Strange 2).

Speaking of Nintendo, I also look forward to the still unnamed Yoshi game for the Switch as well as the upcoming ports (or most likely in the case of the second one, remake) of Undertale and The World Ends With You.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 21, 2018

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Larryb posted:

Speaking of Nintendo, I also look forward to the... upcoming ports

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Infinitum posted:

They're starting to setup for E3 and some of the props have leaked

You can have your own for the low, low price of $10,000.

C'mon, it'll look great on your day bar.

http://discordiacultureshop.storenv...ASABEgK5p_D_BwE

Edit: for the guy asking what it is, it's a sculpture by Ron English who got famous for making grotesque recreations of corporate mascots/celebrities. The skull peaking out of the mouth is a common motif in his works. I've posted some examples below:

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 22, 2018

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

More or less, yeah. Come to think of it, does Nintendo currently have anything noteworthy in the works besides what I mentioned?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

that is that man's sexual fetish

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Larryb posted:

More or less, yeah. Come to think of it, does Nintendo currently have anything noteworthy in the works besides what I mentioned?

They're definitely working on Metroid, Pokémon and Pikmin but I doubt any are far enough along that we'll see much of them.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Larryb posted:

by now people have to remember that Nintendo pretty much just announces poo poo 3 or 4 months out from release. The entirety of late 2018 is open to Smash Bros and probably 2 to 3 other big things, likely Fire Emblem (which gets mentioned on every single financial presentation for 2018) and whatever else they surprise with in 3 weeks. Hell they just randomly dropped Monster Hunter XX coming overseas in a random tweet recently.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FanaticalMilk posted:

You can have your own for the low low price of $10,000.

C'mon, it'll look great on your day bar.

http://discordiacultureshop.storenv...ASABEgK5p_D_BwE

Edit: for the guy asking what it is, it's a sculpture by Ron English who got famous for making grotesque recreations of corporate mascots/celebrities. The skull peaking out of the mouth is a common motif in his works. I've posted some examples below:

This guy is like the super saiyan of edgelords

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

More like the Master Roshi.

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 22, 2018

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

that is that man's sexual fetish

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
"Thanks I hate it" was created for that guy and his art

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

What if innocent pop culture....got a lil twisted :twisted:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/998744794569437184/

The moss represents the babies that are inside you

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
If you look closely in the upper right corner you can see The End's telltale liver spots.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

This is it... this is the year...

:ssj: DEEP DOWN :ssj:

:smith:

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Nah it's the year of EVOLVA (2018)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

once again looking forward to

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread