Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I had an idea for next time that we ask Dancer to put the vote results in the lockpost and then put all of them in the OP so we can see the results of every vote just by checking the OP.

RE: The game: God dammit. This means Byers is almost certainly the fascist, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia edit: New modpost on the bottom of the previous page.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

To go from that, if you believe Byers is the fascist, then make me the special election President. Hitler only wins as Chancellor, so even if you think I'm Hitler (:what:) I wouldn't win.

I'd want to nominate someone from one of the lockouts I think.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

To go from that, if you believe Byers is the fascist, then make me the special election President. Hitler only wins as Chancellor, so even if you think I'm Hitler (:what:) I wouldn't win.

Well, what did Byers get passed to them from tmm?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

PMush Perfect posted:

. This means Byers is almost certainly the fascist, right?

Not necessarily, we will have to wait and see.

It is noted though that you jumped to this weird conclusion instantly without any information from the involved parties.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Not necessarily, we will have to wait and see.

It is noted though that you jumped to this weird conclusion instantly without any information from the involved parties.

Lol, you're so cute pig.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Lol, you're so cute pig.

Yes I am sure to fascists liberals look cute.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

PMush Perfect posted:

Why?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Yes I am sure to fascists liberals look cute.

:allears:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Interesting jumping to conclusions stuff happening.

PMush Perfect posted:

There is zero chance I'd want you near any presidency given that you've refused to give reads all game, aka actually play the social deduction part of this social deduction game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll just cut through the suspense. I drew 3 fascist cards. Byers had no choice but to enact fascist.

I'm still thinking he should get the special election and get doubled up. If he picks KB (who is not likely tp be Hitler) as Chancellor then we should win the game on the next turn since there 2 liberal cards left in the 6 remaining. It's like an 80% chance to draw a liberal.

And if it doesn't happen for some reason then we can try again or start skipping people. But at that point, we'd have to skip Byers/PMush/CapnAndy and then we'd have tp draw a card from a 3 card deck that would contain between 0-2 liberal cards.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm still pro that plan.

If Byers doesn't draw a liberal card on this next go, something is probably wrong(like TMM discarded one, for example)

I'm not super suspicious that you guys didn't quite hit the odds on this one though. 58% chance to get one out of three cards is almost a coin flip.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

I'm still pro that plan.

If Byers doesn't draw a liberal card on this next go, something is probably wrong(like TMM discarded one, for example)

I'm not super suspicious that you guys didn't quite hit the odds on this one though. 58% chance to get one out of three cards is almost a coin flip.

Yeah I was hoping I'd draw a liberal card but I kind of thought it might not happen.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well obviously they’re both liberals I suppose

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, poo poo. Forgot that was a possibility.

Well, I'm smart.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Yeah, two fascist cards, I had no shot at it. PMush, whyd you immediately jump to me as fascist instead of one of me or TMM, even if you thought there was no chance of not getting liberal?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

TMMadman posted:

I'm still thinking he should get the special election and get doubled up. If he picks KB (who is not likely tp be Hitler) as Chancellor then we should win the game on the next turn since there 2 liberal cards left in the 6 remaining. It's like an 80% chance to draw a liberal.

I'm leaning towards KB as the nomination, still. Little to no chance of Hitler, larger but still reasonable risk he's fascist, and worst case you freeze us from president going forward if my read on him is wrong.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Byers2142 posted:

I'm leaning towards KB as the nomination, still. Little to no chance of Hitler, larger but still reasonable risk he's fascist, and worst case you freeze us from president going forward if my read on him is wrong.

That is along the lines of my thinking as well. The problem becomes that if I double you up and the two of you get frozen out of government, then we are in real trouble since the election order after the special election would be: You, PMush, CapnAndy, KB. And that means we'd have to elect CapnAndy or draw the top card and if there is a conflict during the special election, then it means that you drew at least 1 of the 2 liberal cards which would only leave 1 possible liberal card out of 3. And then if we picked another government, we'd be reshuffling and have terrible odds of getting to the liberal win.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

If not me, then, I think the best Presidential nod would be DB. Regardless of who we pick now, that PMush/Andy/KB triumvirate is coming; I called it a clusterfuck before and said we'd need to deal with it later. Unfortunately, it's later.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Also, if KB does pull something this round (and as President DB or I will know if he does) the immediate reaction is simple. We shoot him in the face.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Byers2142 posted:

If not me, then, I think the best Presidential nod would be DB. Regardless of who we pick now, that PMush/Andy/KB triumvirate is coming; I called it a clusterfuck before and said we'd need to deal with it later. Unfortunately, it's later.

Yeah, I would probably be alright with picking DB for the special election too. I believe we were at 2L2F when DB was President and he picked/passed a liberal card when at the time I think there were 2 (possibly 1) liberal cards left out of 5 in the deck. So he could have easily just passed 2 fascist and claimed he picked 3 and the remaining cards would have been shuffled. I think that would be a pretty easy lie for a fascist to get away with.

Also, I guess maybe we kumba is an option as well, since he was also in that DB government and he passed along 1L1F to me just a turn earlier when we were at 3L2F, although I still am worried that he is Hitler. However, Hitler as a specially elected President is definitely better than him as Chancellor now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I still like Byers best since he'll have seen enough cards that well know if something is wrong.

Also, something to remember is if Byers ends up bad, by my count that semi clears one of cap/pmush. Since all three can't be bad given the freezes in play.

I understand from your perspective things are trickier since if I'm a fascist that doesn't necessarily clear one of them(but you'd have to consider whether I'd bus those two that hard), but just know that I think Byers is the right choice here.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I would accept the special presidency, and if not me, I'd be good with KB,pmush or cpig (cpig to keep him out of the chancellor pool, and the others because I believe them to be lib, because I still stand by my earlier reads)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hmmmm...I'll go ahead and stick to the plan.

Dancer, I'm not sure what format you want here, but:

##special elect Byers

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I apologize for my relative absence. School got busy and pollen season is not letting me sleep more than 4 hours a night.

Summer 1932

Game status:

6 cards in the policy deck
4 cards in the discard pile

3 Fascist policies passed
4 Liberal policies passed

Presidency order:

Byers2142 (Special election)
Byers2142
PMush Perfect
CapnAndy
King Burgundy
CapitalistPig
Dick Bastardly
Retro Futurist
kumba
Anomalous Amalgam
TMMadman

Previous administration was and TMMadman and Byers 2142

Nomination deadline: 25st May, 22:00 GMT

Dancer fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 22, 2018

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

So continuing the conversation from last night, I'm still feeling KB as my Chancellor pick for today. I haven't heard a solid argument against, if anyone has one now would be the last chance to make it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well, he’s a fascist, so there’s that

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm fine with a KB nom.

I would also be fine with a DB nom since I've come to think of him as basically a soft confirmed liberal.

There is only one reason I can think of for DB, as either a regular fascist or Secret Hitler, to pass a liberal card to kumba and that is if DB picked the two presumed liberal cards left in the 5 card deck at that point. Like no other reason makes sense to me.

And sure, it's possible that a fascist DB picked both and then lied and said he discarded a fascist card, but for what purpose? There's no purpose to lying there because it doesn't cover for anything.

There would be absolutely no reason for a regular fascist DB to pass along a liberal card if he draws 1L2F. And the same goes for Secret Hitler. Both of them could just claim they drew 3F and we would have no way to confirm or dispute him. So it wouldn't even really keep DB out of government like a conflict.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am liking KB and DB as options, I know KB is liberal because I investigated him and DB is higher up on my liberal list.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

I am liking KB and DB as options, I know KB is liberal because I investigated him and DB is higher up on my liberal list.

man, liberals are about to lose this game lmbo

I can't wait to post-game to discuss this, because it really boils down to timing. It makes it very difficult to counter someone.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

I can't wait to post-game to discuss this, because it really boils down to timing. It makes it very difficult to counter someone.

:rolleyes:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
why would we nominate someone from the lockout zone at this point, that seems like a bad idea

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

kumba posted:

why would we nominate someone from the lockout zone at this point, that seems like a bad idea

This is a liberal.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

kumba posted:

I mean I get it, I just know that KB is liberal, the only other person I can say 100% is a liberal besides myself.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

I mean I get it, I just know that KB is liberal, the only other person I can say 100% is a liberal besides myself.

says another person in the lockout zone

but yeah, KB nom bad idea imo

I'd get behind a DB nom, or TMM, or me

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

please thread at large, don't trust this. Nominate someone not locked out.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Nominate kumba, imo

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Have you changed your mind about me yet again?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

kumba posted:

Because the people who are locked out are not likely to be Hitler. At this point in the game, we have to avoid making Hitler the chancellor, so using someone that we believe is the liberal one from a conflicted pair means that we can eliminate that person as Hilter even if they do turn out to be a fascist.

Remember, Byers can see every remaining card in the deck at this point. And there are 2 liberal cards in the 6 remaining. So one of these next two governments will absolutely win us the game and if it doesn't then Byers and the chancellors will have some serious explaining to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

kumba posted:

Because lockouts are almost 100% not going to be Hitler. It's not smart strat for Hitler to get themselves locked out.

If we nom Hitler, we lose.

Most likely Hitler is one of the folks we most think of as liberal, because that is how you play as Hitler.

• Locked thread