Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Extremely excited about a Rome 2!!

People need to realize that Vicky 2 is good enough for whatever crazy people enjoy that game. Rome 1 is barely playable and needs a modern version of Paradox love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I can't wait to lay as the SQR.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

So who's going to take over Crete LP 2.0 once we hit release :v:

Absum
May 28, 2013

I'm excited to crush the Romans as as many different factions as possible.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I found out about the Nuragic peoples through Imperium Universalis and I'm going to make sure they own Corsica and Sardinia just like their weird classical gods intended. I'm sure a single tribe on an island surrounded by Carthaginians is a good spot for a first playthrough.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Drone posted:

We will send a hitsquad of Goons to kidnap Wiz, lock him in a basement, and force him to run it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

But he needs to keep making Stellaris more awesome...

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Drone posted:

I get a feeling it'll be a dev diary joke here and there.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
People trying to find this thread 10 years from now are going to have a tough time.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Crazycryodude posted:

You play an unfinished, buggy, unfun version of the game and are expected to submit bug reports and poo poo.

So really not all that different from the standard "play a Paradox game within a year or two of its release" experience.

:boom:

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Hope Carthage gets some kind of feature to allow them to execute unsuccesful leaders. A number of generals and admirals throughout Carthage's history ended up being crucified or otherwise sentenced to horrible death at the order of Carthage's ruling assembly.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 21, 2018

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

sheep-dodger posted:

Yeah, but Sweden is a heathen nation. Don't even close up everything for Sunday.

Not really, I was working in Stockholm last year for a few months and it was kind of a shock to find out they have stricter blue (alcohol) laws then here in South Carolina.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I left pdxcon after lunch on Saturday to go buy beer before the store closed at 3

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

lamentable dustman posted:

Not really, I was working in Stockholm last year for a few months and it was kind of a shock to find out they have stricter blue (alcohol) laws then here in South Carolina.

In Scandinavia only the Danes are really frivolous with their alcohol legislation. And Norway is stricter still than Sweden, especially as regards taxes on alcohol, but also opening hours and days where sale is restricted. Norwegians generally regard swedish alcohol laws as being lax by comparison.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Frivolous

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Meanwhile you go to Finland and Estonia and you will find 100% of people soused 100% of the time because imagine being Finno-Ugric

I don't have to imagine, I know :smithicide:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Drone posted:

Imperator->CK2->EU4->Victoria II (or III)->HOI 4->DEFCON->Stellaris

Succession

With senate

:getin:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Mans posted:

Extremely excited about a Rome 2!!

People need to realize that Vicky 2 is good enough for whatever crazy people enjoy that game. Rome 1 is barely playable and needs a modern version of Paradox love.

True that, but let me blow your mind by saying:

why not both (in due time)

also legit excited for a good Antiquity game, given the evolution of Hearts of Iron 4 and Stellaris (from what I have heard, I only played two months after release and apparently now is like 10 better), a new take on Rome looks hella promising

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

lamentable dustman posted:

This explains why the Swede I worked with in Austin literally lived on 6th Street (the bar district).

I don't mean "literally" incorrectly. He rented a condo a block away so he could be right there.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

im not really a huge fan of hoi4 but i want kaiserreich to be good soon

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I don't quite "get" people playing HOI4->Stellaris campaigns. Whatever the state of the world is when you leave it at HOI4, it's still got to be just one civilization by the time you get to Stellaris. You may as well just start as the Commonwealth of Man or the United Nations of Earth in Stellaris, and ditch the mega-campaign before then.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

DrSunshine posted:

I don't quite "get" people playing HOI4->Stellaris campaigns. Whatever the state of the world is when you leave it at HOI4, it's still got to be just one civilization by the time you get to Stellaris. You may as well just start as the Commonwealth of Man or the United Nations of Earth in Stellaris, and ditch the mega-campaign before then.

I don't quite "get" people playing spore from the civilization -> space campaign. Whatever the state of the world is when you leave it, its still just one space ship by the time you get to Space. You may as well just start in Space as your creation, and ditch the rest of the game before it.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I think it'd be kinda neat to have one rolling save between all the Paradox GSGs to see how your video game humans do with space travel.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I don't quite "get" people playing spore from the civilization -> space campaign. Whatever the state of the world is when you leave it, its still just one space ship by the time you get to Space. You may as well just start in Space as your creation, and ditch the rest of the game before it.

That's one of the many reasons Spore is such a bad game, so maybe not the best counterpoint.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

spore is lovely, you're right!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I think a transition from HoI to a future based game would make more sense if the next time period focused on taming our solar system and maybe a few other nearby systems. Like, the political situation on Earth would still be a bit in flux, and by the end of the game, you probably have Earth as a unified culture, although your colonies might already be diverging.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I don't get people who play Stellaris or HoI4

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Phi230 posted:

Stellaris is legitimately fun to play

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Imperator->CK2->EU4->Victoria II (or III)->HOI 4->DEFCON->Stellaris

Succession

With senate

:getin:

Replace Stellaris with Aurora (yeah, I know its not a aradox game)

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Phi230 posted:

Stellaris has really turned around. It was hot garbage for a long time but the 2.0 update turned it into an actual (good) game.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I think a transition from HoI to a future based game would make more sense if the next time period focused on taming our solar system and maybe a few other nearby systems. Like, the political situation on Earth would still be a bit in flux, and by the end of the game, you probably have Earth as a unified culture, although your colonies might already be diverging.

HOI->Aurora

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Phi230 posted:

Stellaris has actually morphed into a vaguely enjoyable game. But you're right that HoI is trash except for when I'm feeling extra red and just have to boot up the hot mess that is Kaiserreich and play through the ACW.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Is there a decent version of Kaiserreich out for HoI4? I had a windows XP virtual machine for ages that existed solely to play Kaiserreich in DH.

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
I mean, yeah.

It runs like rear end though.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!
Is HOI4 really terrible? I impulse bought it and Vic2 during the weekend sale since I love CK2 and EU4. Haven't got a chance to try them yet though. Guess I will keep my expectations low.

Definitely excited for that Rome game though!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I like HOI4, but its almost the complete opposite of most Paradox games in that painting the entire world in your color is not only possible, but the best and least-rage inducing way to play the game.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

HoI4 is acceptable.

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
HoI4 is good fun a few times.

Then if you aren't playing mods or achievement hunting it gets old quickly as you might expect.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

HOI4 has potential but air and sea are both pretty bad which limits replay value. Its solid as Germany or USSR but other counties are eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Make it

Imperator>CKII>EUIV>VickyIII>HOIIV>Aurora *(gently caress around until you get FTL then switch to Stellaris once a few colonies by whatever survivng major HOIIV get set up) > Stellaris