Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Rah! posted:

lol some youtube copyright troll company called "entura international" that i'm pretty sure has absolutely nothing to do with The Expanse, just got one of the most viewed (and one of my favorite :argh:) expanse videos on youtube taken down (the battle of Thoth station). It had been up for a year and had almost 300k views and had tons of recent comments with new fans saying they just found the show and that the battle was awesome and whatnot. Seemed like a good thing for getting random youtube nerds interested in the show

great timing assholes

I was trying to show someone this last night! gently caress everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

counterfeitsaint posted:

I was trying to show someone this last night! gently caress everything.

i started watching it again last night, but fell asleep right after pressing play. Then today i was like "oh yeah" clicked the tab, and hit the reload button, and... :negative:

the other expanse videos by the same uploader are still up at least. fuckin copyright trolls

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Amazon renewed the show for season 4!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/expanse-revived-season-4-at-amazon-1113803

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:vince:

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Excellent!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Please let this be real. Don't play with my heart this way! :ohdear:

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

:bisonyes:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

quote:

Amazon Studios is in talks to revive one of CEO Jeff Bezos' favorite properties.

The retailer and streaming outlet is near a deal to revive space drama The Expanse for a fourth season just 10 days after Syfy canceled the series. Amazon Studios declined comment as sources note the deal is not closed.

No new information at all.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That’s better than nothing. Near a deal is more than we had to go off of previously

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Wow, that's a really stupid headline.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Yeah the headline makes it sound like its renewed but it opens with "Alcom are talking to Amazon a whole bunch" and we already knew that. :shrug:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Well, I pretty confided it will

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Don't get me wrong, I'm salty as hell about this cancellation and would love for Amazon to swoop in and rescue it I just feel like that article is kind of BS banking on the headline getting clicks.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
tfw your show gets renewed because a billionaire personally likes it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Clickbaaaaaaaaaaaaait :argh:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I know, but it does sounds like its actually pretty close now. So I guess at least there's reason to be optimistic

edit:

uber_stoat posted:

loving billionaires got be good for something

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 21, 2018

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Another article.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/holy-crap-amazon-is-probably-bringing-back-the-expanse-1826209413

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
https://twitter.com/AbrahamHanover/status/998687742677499906

EDIT: Daniel Abraham is one of the two authors behind the books and a producer on the show.

TTerrible fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 21, 2018

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
Can we just talk about that giant gently caress-off squid ship thing that emerged from Venus instead of the renewal deal? Just for a minute?

Because whoa.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

AwkwardKnob posted:

Can we just talk about that giant gently caress-off squid ship thing that emerged from Venus instead of the renewal deal? Just for a minute?

Because whoa.

you ain't seen nuthin yet pal.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They better not screw up the space jellyfish.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

you ain't seen nuthin yet pal.

I got spoiled in an unrelated thread about a big thing that happens in the future and I'm still kind of pissed about it. :(

https://twitter.com/TheExpanseWR/status/998692719928135680

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

bloom posted:

The protomolecule changes the rules of physics again and a titanic "DONKEYBALLS" is heard throughout the solar system.

Fixed.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
God bless titles

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
Squidship? I thought that was the remains of eros climbing out of venus, with a bunch of extra poo poo.

Edit: that is to say it looked like an asteroid

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That is the squidship. I just said space jellyfish because that's what the Venus thing looks like to me.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

AwkwardKnob posted:

Because whoa.

Modedit: Spoilers

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:06 on May 22, 2018

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Rah! posted:

*4th fake ghost season starts*

oh its an amazon warehouse and jeffames bezolden is the rocinante captain why yes thats always been his name

The protomolecule works in mysterious ways 👻.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
Squid ship did basically look like Eros with tentacles grafted onto it. I thought it was cool how the protosoldier stopped coming after the Marine when "The Work" was finished and kind of looked up into the sky.

Did everyone die when the exploration ship was taken apart into a million pieces or are they stashed somewhere? I can't remember, but that would be kind of sad.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

AwkwardKnob posted:

Squid ship did basically look like Eros with tentacles grafted onto it. I thought it was cool how the protosoldier stopped coming after the Marine when "The Work" was finished and kind of looked up into the sky.

Did everyone die when the exploration ship was taken apart into a million pieces or are they stashed somewhere? I can't remember, but that would be kind of sad.

It's possible their dead-rear end bodies are being dissolved/crushed on Venus, but the protomolecule doesn't strike me as the sort to waste valuable raw material like that.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

AwkwardKnob posted:

They were hella dead, and after the ship was dismantled into it's component parts, their bodies probably were shortly after.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

The Holywood Reporter posted:

'Consider Phlebas' TV Series in the Works at Amazon

Er what?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Disassembly reveals useful pathways (they ded).

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

Based Bezos

Syfy didn't deserve the Expanse and did a laughable job promoting it.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

And a renewal!? Please let the ink dry on this one... :sun:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The Culture is going to translate as well to a TV series as Dark Tower did to a movie.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Consider Bezos

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

AwkwardKnob posted:

Adam Savage's corpse floated across the frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

TTerrible posted:

The Culture is going to translate as well to a TV series as Dark Tower did to a movie.
Consider Phlebas isn't too out there, probably the most adaptable one. It's a pretty standard adventure story at heart.