Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/preferential-premiums-perfection/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

wow I had no idea the KV-5 struggles against other tier 8's but anyway here's hoping my IS-6 becomes Great Again

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
#MakeTheFCMGreatAgain

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Wow the KV-5 is going to be absolute dogshit facing tier tens. Like yeah its pen gets buffed but it'll still just get 100% penned through every hit to its gun mantlet and still won't even be able to fight against the VK 100.01.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i hate pref-8s more than the next guy and i still don't see how that's gonna make the game better for anybody.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I don't think there is anything WGing can do for me to upgrade my type 59 or t-34-3 into regular MM tanks.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I think we might be seeing ~tha futcha~ of premiums with the :black101: KV-2. They might've just hit peak "gently caress it" and will just be releasing premium, fully-upgraded versions of tech tree vehicles for a while which require no balancing. They finally learned something from Armored Warfare - people will pay to not have to grind.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I think we might be seeing ~tha futcha~ of premiums with the :black101: KV-2. They might've just hit peak "gently caress it" and will just be releasing premium, fully-upgraded versions of tech tree vehicles for a while which require no balancing. They finally learned something from Armored Warfare - people will pay to not have to grind.

If that's what they've learned, loving great. Sell a premium version of a tech tree tank, that's perfectly fine. Much better that than a series of ludicrously overpowered premiums that no tech tree tank can hope to compete with.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

galactic brain: sell ludicrously overpowered premium versions of tech tree tanks

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

galactic brain: sell ludicrously overpowered premium versions of tech tree tanks

i'd take that over something like the Chrysler which fits a role in tier 8 battles that NOTHING can replace

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

i'd take that over something like the Chrysler which fits a role in tier 8 battles that NOTHING can replace

Is-m is pretty close. And it has a meaner gun to boot.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

Wow the KV-5 is going to be absolute dogshit facing tier tens. Like yeah its pen gets buffed but it'll still just get 100% penned through every hit to its gun mantlet and still won't even be able to fight against the VK 100.01.

and they arent offering full refunds either which is hilarious

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Agrajag posted:

and they arent offering full refunds either which is hilarious

they even make you pay 20+$ right? if you want to trade it in , thats their trick they been using for ages

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

M41 90 is being sold on EU this week

that means if you have it already you can ask to have the grand finales camo removed from it

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I still want a KV-5 on EU. My only other KV-5 being 6000 miles away doesn't help :mad:

Also, me carrying my rear end off:

Pictured: The guy that stole the Radley Walters medal. Didn't contribute the entirety of the game, didn't even take a single hit, and steals the last kill :downs:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Spawned ahead of A when it was empty because the defenders had pushed us back from D. Then I drove up to 1 in my Bulldog and destroyed the gun by myself, 4 got clobbered right after so we won :cabot:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A Handed Missus posted:

M41 90 is being sold on EU this week

Is it any good? Fun?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Der Shovel posted:

Is it any good? Fun?

It's tremendously better than any tech tree tier 8 light.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
The new Frontline meta seems to be win B and then flank A and C through the passes. Played 8 games last night and defenders only won 1 game. Frontline is fun but boy does it suck getting caught out in the open by an autoloader or two.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

A is easily won if the attackers just send tanks to the center and the west. Ignore the useless ridge as you can just hide behind rocks in the cap and if your west team clears out the maybe 2 defenders that went that way gg you won.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I still want a KV-5 on EU. My only other KV-5 being 6000 miles away doesn't help :mad:

Also, me carrying my rear end off:

Pictured: The guy that stole the Radley Walters medal. Didn't contribute the entirety of the game, didn't even take a single hit, and steals the last kill :downs:

I'm fully of the opinion that everything in this game should be earned (medals, missions) but gently caress that guy

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Gorman Thomas posted:

The new Frontline meta seems to be win B and then flank A and C through the passes. Played 8 games last night and defenders only won 1 game. Frontline is fun but boy does it suck getting caught out in the open by an autoloader or two.

The defenders spawn camping the first zones backfired a lot yesterday since all it took was one flank pushing all the way and then spreading out to destroy the targets. Most of the defenders was so occupied with spawn camping that they never adjusted to this.
All in all, a game mode with a meta under development after 2 weeks feels really good.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Gorman Thomas posted:

Frontline is fun but boy does it suck getting caught out in the open by an autoloader or two.

:yeah:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Gorman Thomas posted:

i told yall at the start attackers always win! .. i think

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Ugh tank sucks but it bounces a decent amount of poo poo. Got lucky running optics + binocs and jumped almost 1.5% to snag the 3rd mark. Still took 1.1k combined damage over 112 battles though.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Wargaming are insanely retarded so RIP Pref MM....lol Church III you were good times, Type 59 you were OP and then you weren't but pubbies are so bad it's still capable of clowning on them, RIP KV-5, lol Super Pershing, MASSIVE RIP to the kv-220, and lol IS-6. poo poo could go on and on and on. How about you just make loving same tier MM and fix the balance/map issues that have existed for I don't know....5 years now? Sounds hard....so you're going to take the path of least resistance and plow forward.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Wargaming are insanely retarded so RIP Pref MM....lol Church III you were good times, Type 59 you were OP and then you weren't but pubbies are so bad it's still capable of clowning on them, RIP KV-5, lol Super Pershing, MASSIVE RIP to the kv-220, and lol IS-6. poo poo could go on and on and on. How about you just make loving same tier MM and fix the balance/map issues that have existed for I don't know....5 years now? Sounds hard....so you're going to take the path of least resistance and plow forward.

Now that you mentioned it:
- I'm not sure how they'd re-balance the Church 3. Double the RoF? :stare:
- I think the Type 59 is pretty decent as-is even if it saw tier 10s; maybe give it more APCR pen?
- KV-5 needs more frontal armor than they plan, and more APCR pen; Wargaming is getting in a habit of introducing new tanks that have little difference in penetration between their AP & APCR shells (e.g. see the high-tier LTs.)
- The SP? I dunno, the frontal armor's good at range, the gun's OK, and the mobility is poor. Not sure how you could buff that and keep the character of the tank. I guess make it faster? :shrug:
- The IS-6 could be fixed by giving it the higher-pen gun/shells like on the IS-5 and IS-3A.
- Finally, the KV-220 needs a better gun. Other than that, a KV-3 hull that sees tier 4s and tier 7s max would be fine. :getin:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Seriously just +1/-1 and don't worry about 'fixing' pref matchmaking tanks.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Hellsau posted:

Why when they can some tweaks and rake in more money in gold from people exchanging their prems.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

Why when they can some tweaks and rake in more money in gold from people exchanging their prems.

so are they just not going to implement these changes in EU or what

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
loving lmao that the tier 6 Italian gets tier 8 alpha and dpm at the cost of penetration. Just fire gold and you basically have a tier 8 gun for tier 7 games.

edit: lol

Gorman Thomas fucked around with this message at 09:49 on May 23, 2018

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

oh god I haven't even thought about the Churchill 3 :argh::ohdear:

give everything one tier matchmaking you loving frauds

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

-Province is pretty unplayable beyond Tier V, and Slava will be bringing it up with the development team.

lol

https://ritastatusreport.live/2018/05/22/slava-makarov-qa/

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

still one of my biggest life regrets is buying the fcm, just noticed you were talking about terrible premiums had to remind about it being a land whale unable to hide or bounce a shot

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Hellsau posted:

But but but my premium Valentine!

A Handed Missus posted:

-Province is pretty unplayable beyond Tier V, and Slava will be bringing it up with the development team.

lol

https://ritastatusreport.live/2018/05/22/slava-makarov-qa/

Can't believe they didn't catch this in testing. In general if I start southwest I rush north and down the side road in the middle, to attempt to break off the enemy's push up on our side. If I start northeast then the same on that side, push south and down the road from middle. Sometimes it works, mostly it really doesn't, but at least then I won't have to spend god knows how long in that godawful campfest that developes 2min into any round on that map.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

wow province is a terrible map, i cannot believe wargaming didn't find that out in their famously thorough testing

seriously Glacier is totally irredeemable, at least Province looks cool and has a history as the game's worst map.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

A Handed Missus posted:

oh god I haven't even thought about the Churchill 3 :argh::ohdear:

give everything one tier matchmaking you loving frauds

Ways to make the Churchill III viable as a normal tier 5 tank.

1) Giving it moderate increase in penetration.
2) Increase frontal armor, hull and turret.
3) Decrease rear armor, hull and turret.

Perfect.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Valle posted:

But but but my premium Valentine!

best matchmaking in the game :swoon:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Actually, give the Church III the KV-1's U-11 122mm gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
SHAKA, WHEN THE WALLS FELL :negative: