Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Not to blaspheme, but I'm thinkin' bout the veggie burgers and chicken tenders that suddenly were ghosted from the frozen section when I went on Friday.

I generally love Costco, but hate the way they carry things on and off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

stealie72 posted:

Not to blaspheme, but I'm thinkin' bout the veggie burgers and chicken tenders that suddenly were ghosted from the frozen section when I went on Friday.

the lord giveth and the lord taketh away

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Sometimes I rend my sack clothes in the aisles and ponder the ‘stco but one must always remember that it is done out of love.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

stealie72 posted:

By veggies burgers do you mean the black bean patties? Those things are amazing when they are chopped up and then fried in a skillet with some eggs and scallions. I would be very disappointed in Costco if they were gone.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
They had Morningstar spicy Chipotle black bean patties. They are awesome. Now they have some organic bullshit plain veggieburgers.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Went to Costco in search of throw blankets (usually a solid buy, our oldest one from 4 years ago has been a dog blanket since day 1 and it looks great), but I guess they are seasonal. Picked up a rainbow beach towel instead. They also had small camping chairs that are the perfect height for laptop work on the patio for just $20. In the food court I noticed an al pastor salad, which I will be sure to sample when I return for $4 off Spindrift this Wednesday. If I recall, it's on a bed of romaine, red onion, and `banh mi greens.` Sounds pretty good!

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Started off my vacation right. Went to Costco and got the $60 hammock and I'm chilling and posting from it in the backyard right now. Just sent a picture of my lower half chilling on the hammock to my wife, feeling like an Instagram model. Also picked up some flowers on the way out because it's my 7th wedding anniversary.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Pizza. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx0uf5E2cxM It has english captions if you want.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Have discovered a rare Kirkland misstep, the protein bars, which taste exactly like Amway protein shakes and leave your mouth feeling like it's coated with finely-ground nickels. Steer clear. (The only actively bad own-brand item I've bought in like a decade so I ain't mad, and hurrah for the return policy.)

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Kirkland frozen pizza is trash. The food court pizza is amazing. :iiam:

Bellatoria thin crust is my fav frozen pizza brand, but only on sale.

The cheap pizzas go like (imo): Jacks > Roma > Tombstone

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

spite house posted:

Have discovered a rare Kirkland misstep, the protein bars, which taste exactly like Amway protein shakes and leave your mouth feeling like it's coated with finely-ground nickels. Steer clear. (The only actively bad own-brand item I've bought in like a decade so I ain't mad, and hurrah for the return policy.)

What flavors did you get? I don't mind them at all.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

What flavors did you get? I don't mind them at all.
Chocolate brownie and cookie dough, both punitive.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

spite house posted:

Eating this daily, they seem ok to me :|

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
anyone tried the kirkland craft beer variety pack?

first time I've ever seen it today and almost picked it up but still a little gunshy after kirkland light beer.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Eating this daily, they seem ok to me :|

Same. Kirkland chocolate nutrition shake in the morning and a bar after working out. Not haute cuisine, but I'm eating it for the nutrition, not the taste.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

spite house posted:

I'll take those cookie dough if you don't want em

gently caress the brownie ones though

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Eh, they're protein bars, I'm not expecting a taste sensation or anything. Most "nutrition" bars just load up with sugar to mask the bland.

A nice side benefit of the Kirkland bars is that they're packed with dietary fiber, way more than the others I've seen at Costco. If you want to be Regular Johnny or Jane, give these a few days and you'll be right as rain.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Ayo the Fit Crunch protein bars are loving amazing and taste like an outright candy bar. Buy those instead.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

DNK posted:

You've gotta cook it just right and it's fine. I've got a pizza pan with holes in it, cook at 350 for 25 minutes and then open the door and broil on high for a further two minutes. Comes out good every time.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
You gotta have fresh shredded mozz to sprinkle on the Kirkland frozens, when they're nearly done.

Basically add a layer of cheese, then they're okay.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Duck and Cover posted:

Pizza. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx0uf5E2cxM It has english captions if you want.

The deli pizza is still trash

I Dig Gardening
Jan 13, 2004

I cant tonight, babe. Im going online.
Go to costco
show my official CostcoTM card at the door
heh yes miss im in the club
buy my 87 pound bag of cat food for my 13 cats
12 sacks of mixed nuts gotta have that now
my 45 pack of dryer sheets, i get some looks but they don't get that its *economical*
i think of the hannibal burress quote "i'm always gonna need deoderant! This is an economical purchase!"
heh, funny guy
i brush a hand over all the books one by one
zipping by lightly touching
never purchasing
i dont read books
on to the khakis
i get four pairs
i ask the lady if theres a dressing room? no?
i put one away. just in case.
eyeing those samples im pretty hungry now after having 8 slices of pizza and a smoothie
snack time!
mm. it's good. usually i disdain salesmen but joanna you got me on this one
four boxes of rye and barley grain crackers, into the cart you go
i buy two new sets of tires to round it all off and go home to watch american idol

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

I had a lovely day today, so I made a trip to Costco as I haven’t been in 6 months and had a 70 dollar reward certificate from my Costco citi card. Call me old, but there is no better retail therapy than buying useful poo poo at a great price with a hot dog at the end for the ride home. It’s hard to have a bad day leaving with 4 lbs of animal crackers and enough fabric softener and dish detergent to last me 5 months. Their butter price is a true gem.

sleepness fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 22, 2018

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

belt posted:

first time I've ever seen it today and almost picked it up but still a little gunshy after kirkland light beer.

I like the Costco craft beer, and I'm the type of person who goes to beer festivals multiple times a year. Praise Costco

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

DNK posted:

Bellatoria thin crust is my fav frozen pizza brand, but only on sale.

The cheap pizzas go like (imo): Jacks > Roma > Tombstone

I'm going to let you in on a little secret (well not really a secret at least to me), the food court pizza isn't amazing. Like it's eatable for sure, but amazing? I get the feeling pizza selection is a lot less plentiful in other parts of this country.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

sandball posted:

The deli pizza is still trash

They changed the crust on the take and bake ones a few years ago, and now it’s not good! I just get a food court one and throw it in the fridge if I really want pizza now.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I wish there was a way to cut frozen pizzas in half before you cook them, then easily put them back in the freezer in a storage container, so you don't have to cook a whole pizza every time.

I always think that when I buy that 4-pack of thin crust pizzas.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

I Dig Gardening posted:

Go to costco
show my official CostcoTM card at the door
heh yes miss im in the club
buy my 87 pound bag of cat food for my 13 cats
12 sacks of mixed nuts gotta have that now
my 45 pack of dryer sheets, i get some looks but they don't get that its *economical*
i think of the hannibal burress quote "i'm always gonna need deoderant! This is an economical purchase!"
heh, funny guy
i brush a hand over all the books one by one
zipping by lightly touching
never purchasing
i dont read books
on to the khakis
i get four pairs
i ask the lady if theres a dressing room? no?
i put one away. just in case.
eyeing those samples im pretty hungry now after having 8 slices of pizza and a smoothie
snack time!
mm. it's good. usually i disdain salesmen but joanna you got me on this one
four boxes of rye and barley grain crackers, into the cart you go
i buy two new sets of tires to round it all off and go home to watch american idol

You’re adapting well.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

belt posted:

I absolutely hated the Kirkland beer pack I got because everything tasted like a Belgian but it was nothing like Kirkland Light.

Also there are two different breweries that make Kirkland depending whether you are east or west coast so that might affect it.

Irradiation fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 22, 2018

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Chinatown posted:

Ayo the Fit Crunch protein bars are loving amazing and taste like an outright candy bar. Buy those instead.

I used to buy the Nature Valley protein bars if I needed something like a candy bar or a chocolate fix.

The Fit Crunch bars taste a million times better and have more protein and less sugar.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Must have been social security check day, so many old people at the Costco this afternoon.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Very worried about these pizza heretics, can we get an inquisition in this thread?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Went to the 'co tonight to get myself one of them dogs and wound up buying two Star Wars drones. They're on clearance for $39.97. Apparently they were $180 when they came out last October. Got an X-Wing and a TIE Advanced, but they didn't have any of the speeder bike model. Still a pretty sweet toy for $40. Wanted to give one to my nephew but he's 8 and I think it'd be too difficult for him to fly. The box is pretty dope and plays Star Wars music when you open it, with a display case containing 12 bright rear end LEDs. Even the display case has a rechargeable battery.

PBUC

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bloodplay it again posted:

Went to the 'co tonight to get myself one of them dogs and wound up buying two Star Wars drones. They're on clearance for $39.97. Apparently they were $180 when they came out last October. Got an X-Wing and a TIE Advanced, but they didn't have any of the speeder bike model. Still a pretty sweet toy for $40. Wanted to give one to my nephew but he's 8 and I think it'd be too difficult for him to fly. The box is pretty dope and plays Star Wars music when you open it, with a display case containing 12 bright rear end LEDs. Even the display case has a rechargeable battery.

PBUC

I don't normally look at the drones because of the price but I might have to pick up one of these if my Costco has them. I have a nice open field next to my place and it'd be fun to play around with one.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Very worried about these pizza heretics, can we get an inquisition in this thread?

I mean I don't really like the idea of "heh we here in X must do it better" but the fact is I have about 6 pizza places within 15 minutes from me and I live in a small town. Wait I know google can do this for me. 10ish (I did it from zipcode not my address), hmm I should try some of those other ones. I wouldn't turn my nose at eating Costco pizza, and get a slice from time to time, but I think my issue with it is that the sauce is too sweet. It just doesn't come close to being "amazing".

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I’ve eaten at literally the best pizza places in America and let me tell you, PBUC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
The pizza is 10$ for a very large pie. Its better or as good as most chain pizza. A upper tier local pizza place is going to charge 25-30 for a smaller pizza.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I bought a Nerf Tennis ball launcher for the dog at Costco.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Bloodplay it again posted:

PBUC

I am 100% sure that you are not a person who should be using the word dope, but I recognize that it is a free country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Please be sure to consult Gatekeeper Taima before attempting to describe any deals you see while shopping at Costco.