Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Echophonic posted:

Pulled CG Lid on my first 4*+ ticket, that was neat. She seems pretty solid, so I levelled her up. Guess she's also a good use of burst pots, with that break.

I'm leaving mine at 5*60 for the moment because of this. Her LB is her best feature and it's gotta be MAXed out.

Story event was pretty easy this time around, I even used the CG Lid that the game offers you for Extra 2 and had no trouble. Final boss is the typical pain in the rear end but I blew through any thresholds he might have had and then spent a few turns whiddling him down to range of an Eiko summon kill. Ramza, Eiko, Seph, TG Cid, T.Terra and the freebie Lid was more than fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Quality Control posted:

Well, going by the JP version, the next one will be CG Reagan in July but that will just be a 1 lap/11k lapis one. The next 3 lap/25k lapis step-up would be the FFVIII one in August. But again, that's just going by the JP version and things can definitely change for Global.

We still have yet to get the typed step up, which we've technically skipped at this point. So we might get that for the anniversary or something

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ugato posted:

We still have yet to get the typed step up, which we've technically skipped at this point. So we might get that for the anniversary or something

I hope you mean a Type-0 step up!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

KDdidit posted:

I hope you mean a Type-0 step up!

Its coming! Eventually. The only good thing Type-0 ever contributed to FFBE.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There's three Type 0 members left right? 2, 4 and... Machina I think? So I'm guessing, a bard, a doublehand gunner and a dual wield edgelord?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

HGH posted:

There's three Type 0 members left right? 2, 4 and... Machina I think? So I'm guessing, a bard, a doublehand gunner and a dual wield edgelord?

There's also Kurasame, who is Fryevia on MASSIVE STEROIDS.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Machina is a dual wield rear end in a top hat thats ok but not really exceptional. Kurasame is best in class TDH hybrid damage and probably who Gumi's designer is looking at for 7* Fryevia

vvv
His default idle animation doesn't have it but at the very least he whips it out during the limit break.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 19, 2018

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Victis posted:

Xenogears part 2 coming to the JP servers, with Citan shown thus far.

does he fight with his fists or with his sword?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

new kind of cat posted:

does he fight with his fists or with his sword?

https://twitter.com/FFBE_JP/status/997440645726810113?s=19

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I beat Mt. Nibel with Sephiroth, Orlandeu, Kryla, Ramza, and the strongest Sephiroth currently available in my list. Upgraded Ramza's Hero's Rime (finally) to do it, broke with Kryla (she's not terrible, similar to Lila she uses SPR scaling (with 50% dual element imperils!) on her dual element attacks, in addition to her hex mechanic. I'm sure Tim or Mim would have been easier, but I wanted to try.

Beat it on my third try, had to put a Bug Killer each on Sephiroth and Orlandeu, as well as Golem on Orlandeu for the Bug Killer. He still killed Kryla (she easily has the highest SPR) who needed a Full Life from one of the Sephiroths so she could get her status clearing ability off... the second round of DR chains finished him off, he was at 15% percent from the first.

What I'm saying is that Bug Killer on your friend units will be super helpful to your other goon buddies who are trying to 5-Man it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 07:34 on May 19, 2018

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I successfully ran Mt. Nibel with my Noctis. It took 33 turns to get to 5%, then 10 more turns to whittle it down to 1% for the LB kill with normal and counter attacks. I'll leave him up for the weekend in case anyone is having difficulty with the Materia Keeper. Just bring a unit to escape the random encounters. For the Materia Keeper guard on any turn that is a multiple of 3, otherwise use his LB or a warp strike.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Xenogears Part 2 info is out in JP. Read more here.

RIP Id, Grahf, Ramsus

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I was expecting Maria to be the 3* on this banner, so um, wow, 11 months need to pass quickly so we can get this collaboration and everything so I can use the Seibzehn Limit Burst with her all the time.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Rico's tiny little midget banner sprite continues to be super funny to me

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

PDQ Law posted:

I successfully ran Mt. Nibel with my Noctis. It took 33 turns to get to 5%, then 10 more turns to whittle it down to 1% for the LB kill with normal and counter attacks. I'll leave him up for the weekend in case anyone is having difficulty with the Materia Keeper. Just bring a unit to escape the random encounters. For the Materia Keeper guard on any turn that is a multiple of 3, otherwise use his LB or a warp strike.

Dude this was a life saver. Thank you. It took me exactly 33 turns to beat him as well(had Seph/2nd noctis do a bit of damage before they got killed)

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I managed to pull Onion Knight and Sep with the two 4* and I almost died from the overwhelming feeling.

Now I need to run this new dungeon to get Sep's coat. Is it as hard as I think it is?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

I managed to pull Onion Knight and Sep with the two 4* and I almost died from the overwhelming feeling.

Now I need to run this new dungeon to get Sep's coat. Is it as hard as I think it is?

Just get PDQ's Noctis, it'll easily carry you through the bossfight as described above in his post.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
aaaaaaand Fryevia #5

Thanks Gumi.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Maria is the other 5* didnt see that one coming at all

and lol at midget Rico

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Updated Top 30. Lila was given a higher than expected rating on the Global side, despite the spirit stacking nerfs, and is considered Top 10.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

PDQ Law posted:

Holy cow I really want you to know how much I appreciate what you do for all us. That Noctis just plain out kicked so much rear end.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
She only lost about 36 spirit on the top end (additional copies lose 54). Her multipliers are still really high, she still hits all the elements and kept her 50% spr break and imperils. It’s not terribly surprising since she’s, at worst, 95% of the JP version.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

No Gods, Only Gacha

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

oh my god it’s perfect

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
My 10+1 this morning got me Fryevia #2. Not too shabby.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

My 10+1 today decided to shock me. I pulled a Lotus Mage Fina.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mine gave me an Ace :downs:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
100% trash on mine. All TMR merge fodder.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

hagie posted:

Ha I got Gau and Shadow.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

hagie posted:

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."

hagie posted:

100% trash on mine. 36% TMR merge fodder.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I only got two decent TMs and just plain sold the rest from my 10+1.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I landed the coveted double rainbow.

Cg lasswel and jake. Thanks game

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Saving this one and the 5* guaranteed ticket to be disappointed when cg Nichol comes out. Plus I’ve had a pretty garbage streak of the last 20-30 tickets/dailies/free pulls being stuff I don’t even care about smooshing. Gonna try to wait for my luck to improve a little.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 21, 2018

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Okay, so I’m determined to take down the Moon and I’m going to use Ashe as my chainer, possibly try to finish with CG Sakura. Gotta play around with a team setup still.

Can any goon host an Ashe stacked with Mag? Appreciate it.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

new kind of cat posted:

Okay, so I’m determined to take down the Moon and I’m going to use Ashe as my chainer, possibly try to finish with CG Sakura. Gotta play around with a team setup still.

Can any goon host an Ashe stacked with Mag? Appreciate it.

I got one up, 253 556 279. Let me know if you need me to make room

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
I recommend finding a Grim Lord Sakura friend instead, she brings some nice utility (break resistance!) in addition to superior damage.

Meanwhile, I too am in search of friends, in this case TDH Tidus friends. Far too many people on my list switched to Lila/Sephiroth/Fryevia, but I just want to do max damage! :argh:

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

I have a solo carry for Ice Bird ELT up as my friend unit if you've not cleared it yet. Add me at 752, 568, 277 if you still need it.

All you need to do is use his Reraise from the ankh over and over again for every turn as he counters the bird to death.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dragonturtle posted:

I have a solo carry for Ice Bird ELT up as my friend unit if you've not cleared it yet. Add me at 752, 568, 277 if you still need it.

All you need to do is use his Reraise from the ankh over and over again for every turn as he counters the bird to death.

Nice! Request sent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

There is still a little bit of RNG in the fight in that if the bird crits the Veritas of Heavens 4 times in a row he can die but beyond that all you need to do is just use his reraise ability every turn (can use repeat after the first one) and he'll just counter the bird to death.

Oh and just pop off Ifrit when the bird is at around 3-6% and it'll clear him and the rest while getting you the Ifrit clear.

Dragonturtle fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 22, 2018

• Locked thread