Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Sami Zayn a good friend?
This poll is closed.
[Truth] Yes 61 56.48%
[Truth] No, but only because I'm a monster 4 3.70%
[Lie] No 3 2.78%
[Lie] I'm Sami Zayn 40 37.04%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Baron Corbin posted:

Bobby Lashley

who

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Shinjobi posted:

I dunno, I think this is both good and bad news for the WWE.

FOX is paying a gently caress ton of money for a product that will not, in any scenario, generate the ratings they want. That's not even being pessimistic; they are paying a huge sum for a huge boost to their TV ratings. If the WWE can't deliver those ratings, and I just don't know if there's that many potential wrestling fans out there, the long term future for the WWE is gonna be an interesting one.

The other side of this: it's been noted that investors really like Vince being on top of the WWE. However, after a deal this huge you might be able to get away with Vince finally stepping down if he's got any interest in doing so. Given Vince's reputation, I doubt it, but I think they're about to make enough money that investors probably won't (for now anyway) care who's running the show.

FOX knows what they're getting, they paid for it. Friday's been where they thrown shows with faltering ratings to fade away. Compared to that, a show that has a loyal built-in fanbase 52 weeks a year and advertising partners seems pretty good.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

20 like 14 I think?: Just wait until the next TV deal, then WWE will feel the pain, since Vince is out of touch with the wrestling business!

2018: So what if WWE signed TV deals for billions of dollars, just wait until the next TV deal, then WWE will feel the pain, since Vince is out of touch with the wrestling business!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's cowardly to separate controversial discussion topics from normal chatter. But being afraid to make new threads for things and being afraid to go into them is cowardly as well. everyone on here is very scared

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Evil Badman posted:

FOX knows what they're getting, they paid for it. Friday's been where they thrown shows with faltering ratings to fade away. Compared to that, a show that has a loyal built-in fanbase 52 weeks a year and advertising partners seems pretty good.

Honestly I keep forgetting the move back to Friday. Yeah, the move makes a bit more sense then.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rare Magic card l00k posted:

20 like 14 I think?: Just wait until the next TV deal, then WWE will feel the pain, since Vince is out of touch with the wrestling business!

2018: So what if WWE signed TV deals for billions of dollars, just wait until the next TV deal, then WWE will feel the pain, since Vince is out of touch with the wrestling business!

THat's me

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Cavauro posted:

It's cowardly to separate controversial discussion topics from normal chatter. But being afraid to make new threads for things and being afraid to go into them is cowardly as well. everyone on here is very scared

hell yeah i am

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Hardcore fans: Is it possible we are wrong? No, it is the person making billions of dollars who is wrong.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think the Saudi stuff was separated less because of the topic and more because whichever of the internet rules is the one where the dumbest people on Earth think they know things.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Hardcore fans: Is it possible we are wrong? No, it is the person making billions of dollars who is wrong.

now let me tell you why the #2 merch seller in the company is bad

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i forgot that making money means that you're good

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Imagine being smug about a deal that will have nothing but terrible consequences because you really hate some folks on a message board.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Low Desert Punk posted:

In terms of business making money literally does mean that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Low Desert Punk posted:

:capitalism:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Low Desert Punk posted:

That's why you're poor. And bad.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

It is possible for criticism to be objectively correct and also objectively irrelevant, and my friends, we are the most irrelevant fans on the most irrelevant forum

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

In terms of business making money literally does mean that.

nobody in this thread owns stock in WWE as far as I'm aware, so I don't see why we should care/why that suddenly makes it a watchable product

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

Low Desert Punk posted:

nobody in this thread owns stock in WWE as far as I'm aware, so I don't see why we should care/why that suddenly makes it a watchable product

I am now rich fella.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I can't know for sure that my work retirement plan (we have those in Canada) isn't heavily invested in wrestling.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CarlCX posted:

It is possible for criticism to be objectively correct and also objectively irrelevant, and my friends, we are the most irrelevant fans on the most irrelevant forum

Even if this weren't too long to be the new subforum name, The Oildome still has first priority

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Benne posted:

I look forward to the wrestlers getting big pay raises and maybe even health insurahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

From way back but what insurance company would even ensure a pro wrestling company. Imagine those premiums,

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Supreme Allah posted:

From way back but what insurance company would even ensure a pro wrestling company. Imagine those premiums,

WWE gets around it with the whole independent contractor thing

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

cant wait to eat at the best restaurant in the world, McDonalds, after watching the greatest film of all time Avatar

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I can't believe I ever doubted The Big Dog.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Low Desert Punk posted:

cant wait to eat at the best restaurant in the world, McDonalds, after watching the greatest film of all time Avatar

Low Desert Punk is gonna go home and drink some Budweiser, even if they didn't pay em nothing!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Subway is much, much larger than McDonalds.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
eat fresh

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

subway is somehow even sadder and more gross than mcdonalds

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage
Wwe is the most corporate friendly company in the world. I'm so glad this progressive company is here and better than ever!!!

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

We live inside a dream. I hope I see all of you again. Every one of you.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Your Parents posted:

What the gently caress happened on raw tonight

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I see they are starting to use the 500 million a year to produce quality yes

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Your Parents posted:

wow i hate that my roommate's direct tv deal expired and i couldn't watch tonight, such a shame, such a crying shame

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Your Parents posted:

No other image could so succinctly say "we got a cash flow now, we dont need to do anything good"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Neurolimal posted:

No other image could so succinctly say "we got a cash flow now, we dont need to do anything good"

Darn us and our pessimism

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I see they are starting to use the 500 million a year to produce quality yes

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao i just noticed they hung a cable from the ceiling to make it look like they broke into a machinery area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It would have been funny in an actually intentional way if RR had burst through the cardboard to ambush Jinder. As if RR had blocked off catering and laid in wait for the telltale groaning of a wounded Jinder.

The ultimate foolproof plan. A big fake wall to hide the big dog.

• Locked thread