Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hawkgirl posted:

I think it’s seriously more batshit to think these aren’t carefully planned and executed publicity stunts

O'Reilly I think this is plausible for, though still tenuous

CK loving went outside and this is being taken as evidence he's making a comeback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hate Bill O’Riley and I wish bad things for him.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
also, y'know, the article literally ends by telling victims they shouldn't bother coming forward because in 4-6 months the person they're accusing might go outside

i mean i realize i'm picking the lowest possible hanging fruit by dunking on a loving cracked article but

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Oh geez, The Professional is so good and I didn't know how much we owed Jean Reno for taking a perverse mess and making it something so much better.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

AlternateAccount posted:

Oh geez, The Professional is so good and I didn't know how much we owed Jean Reno for taking a perverse mess and making it something so much better.

But enough about Onimusha 3

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

O'Reilly I think this is plausible for, though still tenuous

CK loving went outside and this is being taken as evidence he's making a comeback

Seems kinda disingenuous to focus on that and not the part where his publicist is managing to get some redemption narrative pieces published

Edit: but also, seriously lol at the idea that a publicist doesn’t approve anything C.K. does in public, including taking walks with friends

Hawkperson fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 21, 2018

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Bust Rodd posted:

My man. Extremely underrated threequel :discourse:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bust Rodd posted:

:lol:

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Rumor for O'Reilly is the Newsmax network (which is a thing) was thinking about getting him

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Tars Tarkas posted:

Rumor for O'Reilly is the Newsmax network (which is a thing) was thinking about getting him

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's got a deal in place already with a network and they're just waiting until 2019 for things to cool off a little bit more.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

MTV Suspends ‘Catfish’ in Light of Sexual-Misconduct Claims
https://www.thedailybeast.com/mtv-suspends-catfish-in-light-of-sexual-misconduct-claims

Asia Argento Delivers Searing Speech at Cannes: Festival Was Weinstein's "Hunting Ground"
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/asia-argento-delivers-searing-speech-at-cannes-festival-was-weinsteins-hunting-ground-1113432

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So is it safe to assume that every single actress during the Golden Age of Hollywood was at some point sexually assaulted by a sleazy studio executive?

the blind items that come out of old hollywood are ten times more horrifying than the ones we get now, and if you've read any of those you can pretty well imagine how much worse it used to be. still a cesspool now, obviously

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Isn't the expression "In like Flynn" derived from Errol Flynn getting acquitted from rape charges?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Isn't the expression "In like Flynn" derived from Errol Flynn getting acquitted from rape charges?

I certainly remember that from the Dollop podcast.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zogo posted:

MTV Suspends ‘Catfish’ in Light of Sexual-Misconduct Claims
https://www.thedailybeast.com/mtv-suspends-catfish-in-light-of-sexual-misconduct-claims

Hmmm, my wife loves that show. Maybe this will get her to stop watching it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Catfish is a fun show. But not because of Nev. gently caress Nev.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CelticPredator posted:

Catfish is a fun show. But not because of Nev. gently caress Nev.

He's the main thing I dislike. Max is cool and the show is fairly enjoyable when Nev is off being a douche somewhere else.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Samovar posted:

I certainly remember that from the Dollop podcast.

Yeah. 'You Must Remember This' gets into it as well. While on trial for statutory rape he hit on, and later married, the teenage cigarette girl at the courthouse.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Errol Flynn was a flat out supervillain from all accounts. Like apparently he was literally involved in the slave trade.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
There's a lot of disgusting poo poo from old Hollywood and I'd bet that the worst of it hasn't come out yet. Loretta Young was raped by Clark Gable and didn't tell anyone for 60 years because she thought it was her fault, and that wasn't even known until like two years ago.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Errol Flynn was a flat out supervillain from all accounts. Like apparently he was literally involved in the slave trade.

Flynn was the inspiration for the character in The Rocketeer because people actually do think he was a Nazi spy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait, the dude who made his name and career by alleging to have formed a relationship with a little girl over the internet and then romancing her sister only to claim to have been duped by a bored middle aged woman which he discovered when he drove to meet her unprompted and then made a media franchise off of investigating people on the internet to find out which of them was lying in online romances and exposing them on TV was creepy with women?

I couldn't have seen that coming.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Basebf555 posted:

Flynn was the inspiration for the character in The Rocketeer because people actually do think he was a Nazi spy.

amazingly, Errol Flynn probably has a slightly worse reputation than he deserves because the dude who wrote a biography about him embellished all sorts of poo poo in that book (like the nazi spy thing, for instance).

of course, Errol Flynn still happily hosed underage girls, installed two-way mirrors in the bathrooms and guest bedrooms in his mansion, lied about traveling to Spain during its civil war to report and bring supplies and food to Republican soldiers in order to create a hoax about his death to shill for a movie, and was buddy-buddy with fuckin' L. Ron Hubbard of all people, so he's still a Grade-A Shithead. But he probably wasn't an actual literal nazi.

edit: and he spent the last year of his life making a movie stumping for Fidel Castro

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 23, 2018

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

DC Murderverse posted:

edit: and he spent the last year of his life making a movie stumping for Fidel Castro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsRjQDrDnY8

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004

Somehow this does not seem to be the thread for you to post your communist dictator apologia.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DC Murderverse posted:

amazingly, Errol Flynn probably has a slightly worse reputation than he deserves because the dude who wrote a biography about him embellished all sorts of poo poo in that book (like the nazi spy thing, for instance).

of course, Errol Flynn still happily hosed underage girls, installed two-way mirrors in the bathrooms and guest bedrooms in his mansion, lied about traveling to Spain during its civil war to report and bring supplies and food to Republican soldiers in order to create a hoax about his death to shill for a movie, and was buddy-buddy with fuckin' L. Ron Hubbard of all people, so he's still a Grade-A Shithead. But he probably wasn't an actual literal nazi.

This guy sounds like a Venture Bros character.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

YodaTFK posted:

Somehow this does not seem to be the thread for you to post your communist dictator apologia.

What's to apologise for, Fidel owned.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Olympic swimmer Ariana Kukors files lawsuit alleging USA Swimming covered up alleged sexual abuse by her coach
https://sports.yahoo.com/olympic-swimmer-ariana-kukors-files-lawsuit-alleging-usa-swimming-covered-alleged-sexual-abuse-coach-015803455.html

BREAKING NEWS: ABC cancels The Chew following Mario Batali sexual misconduct scandal
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5763883/The-Chew-cancelled-following-Mario-Batali-sexual-misconduct-scandal.html

Federal Prosecutors Start Sex-Crimes Investigation Into Harvey Weinstein
https://www.wsj.com/articles/federal-prosecutors-start-sex-crimes-investigation-into-harvey-weinstein-1527100527

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/fidel-castro-quotes

If your boss hitting on you is sexual assault and a violation, then an all-powerful dictator is the ultimate #metoo situation. I don't know if 35,000 is an accurate number, but it's more likely than not the man was an out-and-out violent rapist (having armed thugs pick up women for you is no different than ripping someone's clothes off in the street). Even if they were willing, according to the #metoo logic, that's obviously still assault. They could not give consent. Although one doubts they were asked for it?

Anyway, get your rape apologia out of here? Rape is bad. We should burn all of the Fidel Castro memorabilia and never read anything by him again. Anyone who rapes is evil, anything else he did is irrelevant.

Barto fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 23, 2018

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Imagine having so many brain worms you think Fidel or Lenin were bad

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Barto posted:

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/fidel-castro-quotes

If your boss hitting on you is sexual assault and a violation, then an all-powerful dictator is the ultimate #metoo situation. I don't know if 35,000 is an accurate number, but it's more likely than not the man was an out-and-out violent rapist (having armed thugs pick up women for you is no different than ripping someone's clothes off in the street). Even if they were willing, according to the #metoo logic, that's obviously still assault. They could not give consent. Although one doubts they were asked for it?

Anyway, get your rape apologia out of here? Rape is bad. We should burn all of the Fidel Castro memorabilia and never read anything by him again. Anyone who rapes is evil, anything else he did is irrelevant.

I DEFINITELY believe the GQ clickbait article brought to you by 'GQ Contributor', who also brought you "Fidel Castro was a tyrant who brought the world to the verge of unimaginable conflict
Fidel Castro, who has died aged 90, was a homophobic, communist tyrant whose government imprisoned critics, and engaged in torture."

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

I DEFINITELY believe the GQ clickbait article brought to you by 'GQ Contributor', who also brought you "Fidel Castro was a tyrant who brought the world to the verge of unimaginable conflict
Fidel Castro, who has died aged 90, was a homophobic, communist tyrant whose government imprisoned critics, and engaged in torture."

There are dozens of sources. I think you just happen to like this rapist. The voices of women who cannot speak because they have no voice---their voice has been stolen by little weinsteins---would cry out for injustice. But you are holding them down just as much as any accomplice. Your attitude is normal, is it not? The man in charge must be given his manly due. Satiate his lust, his pleasures must be given. What is for the woman but to give? Her body is a toy, her consent does not exist. A dictator who, by his own admission, is the father of dozens, is by any reasonable understanding of consent and power disparities a violent rapist.

And you, sir, are his supporter.

I do not approve of little weinsteins.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That's quite a prose poem you wrote up to confidently assert what's essentially a tall tale about Hitler having only one testicle.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
The source for that Castro number? The New York Post. And their source? A Hollywood gossip blogger.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Origami Dali posted:

The source for that Castro number? The New York Post. And their source? A Hollywood gossip blogger.
And the Hollywood gossip blogger's source? Errol Flynn, so it all checks out.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

It's not sexual assault, but this interview with the Arrested Development cast is pretty horrifying, particularly Jason Bateman repeatedly talking over Jessica Walter, who was in tears recalling Jeffrey Tambor berating the poo poo out of her, telling her that it's just Hollywood and she should just deal with it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I cannot believe they thought that was a good idea.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It's wild that they let that happen.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Well, I mean, Cross was already outed as a shitbag, so that's not surprising for him, but for Bateman, Hale and Arnett to basically triple-team Walter and say, "Dude, whatever, shut up and get over it" is something that you don't exactly expect to see every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Actors are pretty stupid people tbh.