Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Michael Christian writes into the Bolt Report to complain about no mandatory sentencing and ess jay dubyous, it is known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

In a move that will surprise everyone, the AFL backed the idiotic decision against Daniel Talia as being correct.

Fire this whole sexist and corrupt organisation into the sun.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Hey! we decided to do a proper one, instead of just adding stuff around the normal monogram

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/998505795531587584

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
https://twitter.com/afl/status/997787732607827968

Looks pretty bloody reckless swinging your elbows around at head height :argh:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Observe as with one sentence I miraculously make you all agree that Buddy getting off was correct:

He would have been suspended for that when he played for Hawthorn.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Accidental elbow my loving arse. He raises his arm UP and OUT to hit him and plow through him.

gently caress off Michael Christian, seriously just gently caress off. You're a joke. Not even a loving citation on Shane Edwards punching Redden in the jaw either. loving useless, so you'll get all antsy about a shirtfront or shirt grab and shove, but when someone tries to Barry Hall another player you turn a blind eye? gently caress. OFF.

This precedent is absurd: "We're here to protect the players! (Unless we somehow deem it fit that someone knocking you the gently caress out by raising their arms or punching you in the head isn't warranting a charge, then it's gravy baby)"

It's exactly what I was getting at with that Lecca bump when we played GWS, I KNEW it would all turn into a wishy washy farce of the MRO/P being loving retarded again. Even though it's not our players being suspended this week, this poo poo makes me extremely angry because who knows when it's going to gently caress your season up for no good reason.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 13:19 on May 21, 2018

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Can Robert Walls be taken out back and loving shot already

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I just couldn't get my head around why of all people they selected one of the biggest simpletons of AFL commentary to be the single point of decision making for the MRP.

Truely the worst timeline, the most unqualified/unsuitable people running everything

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
How did Mitch Robinson not get suspended for the contact on Sicily in the first quarter? That was dangerous as poo poo.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

spamman posted:

How did Mitch Robinson not get suspended for the contact on Sicily in the first quarter? That was dangerous as poo poo.

Please don’t advocate for the punishment of violent acts against James Sicily in this thread, people will get upset.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Can Robert Walls be taken out back and loving shot already

Is he still in the media? That man is really banking off his fluke 1987 Grand Final win

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

Although I don’t think we are even legislating for effect anymore, it’s just completely loving random. financially-driven.

FTFY

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Michael Christian has a shared Facebook account with his wife where he signs off on opinions made by Avi Yemini.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
The match review process is now spinning a chocolate wheel with things like "4 WEEKS" "REPRIMAND" "NO CASE TO ANSWER" and "$1000 FINE" on the panels.

CLAKLAKLACLACKCLACKCLACK CLACK CLACK - CLACK

Well, Nic, you fell over in a gameplay incident but it's a one week break for you!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Actually he snorts three lines of coke, puts on a blindfold, and throws darts at the penalty wall.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Actually he just looks at the next match and tries to decide which deserved suspensions would be the most costly to the AFL's bottom line and then invents excuses to get them off and suspends some other people for practically nothing just so it looks like he's doing something.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Maybe he's just basing it on who he likes

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

cmndstab posted:

Actually he just looks at the next match and tries to decide which deserved suspensions would be the most costly to the AFL's bottom line and then invents excuses to get them off and suspends some other people for practically nothing just so it looks like he's doing something.

Unless you are Nic Nat

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
West Coast is like Adelaide, their supporters will turn out no matter how badly the likes of Michael Christian dump a bucket on them.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

cmndstab posted:

West Coast is like Adelaide, their supporters are pathological conspiracy theorists

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

NPR Journalizard posted:

Unless you are Nic Nat

I thought the conspiracy people came to the conclusion that he got suspended because they were playing a depleted GWS.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Oh boy

quote:

The Crows have offered Lynch a three-year deal but the two parties are some way apart financially, with Victorian clubs keeping a close eye on the situation.

Lynch was in Melbourne for the day on Saturday and despite some reports, he was not meeting his management. He was looking at houses.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Either he’s planning on moving to Victoria or he is getting into the investment property game at the tipping point of the market and is a god damned idiot

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/MattBalmer7/status/998835686462509056?s=19

Dont even get first pick for tanking any more just smdh.

loving rip

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Solemn Sloth posted:

Either he’s planning on moving to Victoria or he is getting into the investment property game at the tipping point of the market and is a god damned idiot

It will have been a very deliberate tip off by his management to put pressure on the Crows by letting them know Lynch has plenty of offers on the table from other clubs and will quite happily move to Melbourne if they don't pay him what he thinks he's worth.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo.

quote:

Selection order for the 2018 NAB AFL Women's Draft
ROUND ONE
1 Geelong Cats (compensation pick)
2 Geelong Cats (compensation pick)
3 Carlton
4 Fremantle
5 Collingwood
6 Adelaide
7 GWS Giants
8 Melbourne
9 Brisbane Lions
10 Western Bulldogs
11 Geelong Cats
12 North Melbourne

ROUND TWO
13 Collingwood (compensation pick)
14 Geelong Cats (compensation pick)
15 Geelong Cats (compensation pick)
16 Carlton
17 Fremantle
18 Collingwood
19 Adelaide
20 GWS Giants
21 Melbourne
22 Brisbane Lions
23 Western Bulldogs
24 Geelong Cats
25 North Melbourne

ROUND THREE
26 Western Bulldogs (compensation pick)
27 Carlton
28 Fremantle
29 Collingwood
30 Adelaide
31 GWS Giants
32 Melbourne
33 Brisbane Lions
34 Western Bulldogs
35 Geelong Cats
36 North Melbourne

ROUND FOUR
37 Melbourne (compensation pick)
38 Carlton
39 Fremantle
40 Collingwood
41 Adelaide
42 GWS Giants
43 Melbourne
44 Brisbane Lions
45 Western Bulldogs
46 Geelong Cats
47 North Melbourne

ROUND FIVE
48 Carlton (compensation pick)
49 Carlton
50 Fremantle
51 Collingwood
52 Adelaide
53 GWS Giants
54 Melbourne
55 Brisbane Lions
56 Western Bulldogs
57 Geelong Cats
58 North Melbourne

That is pretty hosed. Cats v Tassie grand final 2019.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I see nothing wrong there :v:

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Solemn Sloth posted:

Or both!

Been pretty strong rumours about Tom Lynch leaving for some time. We'll struggle to replace him if he does go, he plays a pretty unique role in our system.

At least it'll require a trade to get him, I don't think he's a free agent yet despite his age because he spent his first few years at St Kilda.

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 10:26 on May 22, 2018

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

cmndstab posted:

We'll struggle to replace him if he does go, he plays a pretty unique role in our system.

Was he the one putting the blindfolds on? :q:

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

You Am I posted:

Was he the one putting the blindfolds on? :q:

I said unique, not stupid.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

He's in his 7th season with us, wouldn't qualify for free agency until next year under the current system. He'd be a free agent if we had the portable free agency system the AFLPA have been demanding.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
you snooze you lose tom, we wont take you now

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/afl_markconway/status/998872218971992065?s=21

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

drunkill posted:

Holy poo poo.

So Collignwood get pick 13 for Hope & Garner but the Bulldogs lose Kearney, O'Connor, Brutton & Bannister and get 26? I mean I know that Mo Hope is a marquis player but Kearney won the equivalent of the Brownlow. And then Brisbane get nothing despite being hit just as hard as the Bulldogs & Demons while also having a much smaller talent pool.

Also why do the Cats get the first two picks in the draft? Is it just because they didn't go on a gigantic signing spree like Norf did?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Brisbane get nothing because the draft is irrelevant to them, as it is to Adelaide and Fremantle. Those three teams all sign players who are only willing to play in those respective states, which means they can't be stolen by other teams in the draft, and likewise they can't steal players not willing to play there. It'll remain that way so long as the competition is semi-pro, too.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
That trade was always going to be terrible for Gold Coast, unless they genuinely thought they were going to be a threat this year.

snaeksikn posted:

you snooze you lose tom, we wont take you now

Well of course not, you already traded away all your 2018 picks for Lever!

Testekill posted:

So Collignwood get pick 13 for Hope & Garner but the Bulldogs lose Kearney, O'Connor, Brutton & Bannister and get 26? I mean I know that Mo Hope is a marquis player but Kearney won the equivalent of the Brownlow. And then Brisbane get nothing despite being hit just as hard as the Bulldogs & Demons while also having a much smaller talent pool.

Also why do the Cats get the first two picks in the draft? Is it just because they didn't go on a gigantic signing spree like Norf did?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

drunkill posted:

Holy poo poo.

I am completely confused as to how Geelong get compensation picks in a league they arent in yet whilst North Tasmania get pick 12 as their first pick?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I still like my chocolate wheel theory. Maybe he has fantasies of being Baby John Burgess.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Eric Mackenzie might be due for a return after the bye (finally) along with Ryan and Vardy. Good selection headaches to have.

Outside of the best 22 at the moment we have these guys waiting after the bye, all of whom have been very good when they've played -

B: Schofield, Mackenzie
C: Ryan, Venables, Nelson
F: McInnes, Petruccelle, Waterman
R: Vardy

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Isn't Robbo the only fuckwit who said we were going to wooden spoon it this year?