Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Will IB offer any milestone/LL increasing rewards outside of the weekly crucible milestone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Hey, I have applied to Goldman Shaxx and Co. PSN Brownview. Think I saw some comments about openings. I posted in a/the discord but remain completely bewildered by there being like 50 different threads so don't know if I did it right. It would be great to get an invite before reset, if that sort of thing matters in terms of welfare engrams.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Random rolls were terrible and it's good that they are gone. Any system where two thirds of your weapons are trash is a bad system. It's good that it's gone, and no one actually misses it.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
A lot of the fixed roll guns aren’t good. Unless I’m just missing the joke you are also describing the D2 experience.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

poor life choice posted:

A lot of the fixed roll guns aren’t good. Unless I’m just missing the joke you are also describing the D2 experience.

I'm not saying the current system is good, I'm saying the old system was terrible and no one should wish to go back to it.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

ElNarez posted:

I'm not saying the current system is good, I'm saying the old system was terrible and no one should wish to go back to it.
Nah it ruled

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
It was acceptable in the Rise of Iron/Triumph era where the perk layouts and heavily curated list of possible perks meant you were almost guaranteed to get a usable, good gun with a high chance of getting a great gun, it rained loot so getting that last 1% god roll wasn't unbearable and the vendors refreshed every week and almost always had something worth getting. Plus all the raids being brought up meant there were several set-perk weapons as worthy competition, if you didn't feel like leaving it up to RNG. The Machine raid weapons were good for having synergistic and unique perk sets w/o being too OP, imo.

I mean trying to get a good grasp/loop was still horrendous though.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 13:22 on May 22, 2018

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I enjoyed running the weekly hand cannon kill bounty in crucible with a vendor bought palindrome. I got a good deal of eyaslunas that way, granted I never got the eyasluna I wanted but it was a fun carrot to chase. The crucible vendor sold plenty of great to god rolled palindromes so I never had a weaker gun. I just wanted a god roll eyasluna.That also doesn't describe 3 years of random rolls in D1, just the very end.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I can count on one hand the number of god roll guns I got in the hundreds of hours playing D1 and to be honest I can't remember how many of them were actual drops and not vendor sales like the wormwood or clever dragon.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
My opinion was rolls weren't the problem. 90% of the perks were either useless or boring.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I love random rolls because i got this bad boy as my first IB drop when it was available and it was the greatest gun ever.

https://youtu.be/UyP8EC5lrI8

Look at it. Just loving look at it.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I enjoyed getting god rolls better than the god rolls. Like the Clever Dragon just mentioned, everyone lost their poo poo for the PB CB HCR roll when I got the far superior SB CB HCR. Effectively the same stability but with a hearty range push.

That was a favorite.

Random rolls were good, became even better.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

:rip:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Chasing for a god roll saladin vigil in archon forge was loving fun and I wish we had that in D2. Random rolls were fun

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Real talk, has anyone gotten one of the "found in strikes against the most challenging opponents" Catalysts? Because I've seen and heard exceedingly little on some of these things being found. Like, does anyone at all have the Wardcliff one?

Nightfalls only? Heroics? Standard strikes? Only particular strikes in the playlists? What are the criteria?

PathAsc posted:

Chasing for a god roll saladin vigil in archon forge was loving fun and I wish we had that in D2. Random rolls were fun

All I wanted was the sniper with HH but could never get it :cry:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

ElNarez posted:

Any system where two thirds of your weapons are trash is a bad system.

Buddy I got some bad news

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cvnvcnv posted:

Real talk, has anyone gotten one of the "found in strikes against the most challenging opponents" Catalysts? Because I've seen and heard exceedingly little on some of these things being found. Like, does anyone at all have the Wardcliff one?

Nightfalls only? Heroics? Standard strikes? Only particular strikes in the playlists? What are the criteria?

All I wanted was the sniper with HH but could never get it :cry:

"Most challenging" to me says NF. I don't have any either but that's my guess.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
The reddit thread I found has a bunch listed as heroic/nightfall boss kills/completions but doesn't have the actual what you do to upgrade them, which says to me that nobody actually has them.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Gonna be a voice of dissent and say no, random rolls were not fun. They sucked. I am glad they are gone, because I am not a poopsocker who can spend 40,000 hours grinding for one single decent weapon.

Fight me.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
"I really wish I didn't get so many bad weapons from random rolls"

*A single finger on the monkey's paw closes*

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I sure do enjoy that it took 9 months to get more than 3 "good" weapons worth equipping in each slot in D2

Lol

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Personally I love deleting the same weapon over and and over and over and over and over and over again with no chance ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever getting a "single decent" version of that weapon.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
deleting people with main ingredient continues to be the most fun i can have with this very bad game.

https://i.imgur.com/jN1YuBU.gifv

i was so confused i needed a minute to ask for a minute. also, xim good.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Maker Of Shoes posted:

deleting people with main ingredient continues to be the most fun i can have with this very bad game.

Isn't the new raid fusion main ingredient on roids?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Fixed rolls wouldn't be so bad if all the fixed rolls weren't so bad.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Maker Of Shoes posted:

MI deletions are the equivalent of eating rear end in d2

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

That's what it looks like

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

so was the ib wizened rebuke one but its got a strange recoil pattern that just doesn't work for me. i'll have to actually raid (lol) and try it eventually. main ingredient is just so ridiculously forgiving.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Raiding

Is good

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Maker Of Shoes posted:

so was the ib wizened rebuke one but its got a strange recoil pattern that just doesn't work for me. i'll have to actually raid (lol) and try it eventually. main ingredient is just so ridiculously forgiving.

Wizenend Rebuke is slower charge higher inpact so it doesn't have the "counterbalance but we called it precision frame also it's a perk but not a perk because it's intrinsic" thing going. The new raid one is the same archetype as MI and looks awesome.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Wizenend Rebuke is slower charge higher inpact so it doesn't have the "counterbalance but we called it precision frame also it's a perk but not a perk because it's intrinsic" thing going. The new raid one is the same archetype as MI and looks awesome.

ooooo i thought MI was the same archetype as WB. me reading weapon perks in this game be like

https://i.imgur.com/WSpD9oi.gifv

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Maker Of Shoes posted:

ooooo i thought MI was the same archetype as WB. me reading weapon perks in this game be like

That's still better than getting punted into a laser and instakilled because airborne is on.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Easy mistake because they are the same model but one has a wolf challenge coin clipped into the side

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Raiding

Is good

It really is, but I'm not much a fan of it in D2.

D1 raids were unique and visually interesting and felt like a journey. The only thing so far that fits that for me is Argos Pts 1 & 2. Awesome to look at, I feel like I'm in a unique space far removed from where I began, and it's really fun. Leviathan is easy and kinda boring and you go nowhere, and Spire looks like the same piss with the addition of some poo poo.

Hopefully September's Raid of Elders in the Reef will shake things up all nice like.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
airborne is rad because it activates when ur on stairs. if you physics into a wall with like shoulder charge and take a pixel of damage and it ends on stairs it straight kills you

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Turn on your monitor

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I got a Better Devils but with a 13-shot clip and way less reload speed than the 10-shot I've had for months. No idea what's up with this, it's the same weapon with different stats

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i cant tell if youre joking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I want primaries with elemental damage back.

Bring back Fatebringer, as a exotic primary.