Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

TyrantWD posted:

It's been clear for at least a decade that the only thing separating Maher from running his show on Fox News is his love of weed. If he could get the GOP to turn on that, he would make Dennis Miller look like Ellen Degeneres.

Okay, I get that some of the people in this thread like the nonsense hyperbole hatred of this show, but gently caress man. You know this is nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Bari Weiss definitely used to have a stutter and she likely internalized a lot of rage and self-loathing into this insane, grotesque, sociopathic ideology. Not to excuse her, because she needs to be up against the wall as well, but it explains some of it.

Also, for Cum Town podcast fans:

https://twitter.com/neudman/status/998290348735594497

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
What part of what Bari Weiss said in this episode is so terrible for some of you? Nothing was particularly outrageous.

Both Israel and Palestine are wrong and stupid, but it is pretty funny how bigoted calling someone a "zionist" sounds.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Super Deuce posted:

What part of what Bari Weiss said in this episode is so terrible for some of you? Nothing was particularly outrageous.

Both Israel and Palestine are wrong and stupid, but it is pretty funny how bigoted calling someone a "zionist" sounds.

That's a bad post.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Super Deuce posted:

Okay, I get that some of the people in this thread like the nonsense hyperbole hatred of this show, but gently caress man. You know this is nonsense.

:laffo:

He's a Republican who likes sex and weed. Name for me one progressive cause that he truly champions, and "let's bomb all the Muslims" sure as poo poo is not a progressive cause.

Super Deuce posted:

loving yikes, dude.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Good points. Can totally see where you're coming from...?

Seriously, what the hell are you talking about? These people aren't perfect so you have to hate them! Also, you can't articulate why you hate them, except an oped on vox told you something once in a headline so you became OUTRAGED!

What did she say that's so bad in this episode? How is Bill a Republican if not for sex and weed? Are you exaggerating how obtuse you are to push some kind of anti-Bill Maher agenda?

It's funny how often posts in here read like reddit the donald posts reversed. Maybe try not being zealots, and actually discuss the dang show.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

It's like babbies first politics post.

*Bari and Bill spout a bunch of xenophobic victim blaming rants about Palestinians being brutalized by Israel who is poisoning their water, denying them passage to receive basic human needs and stealing more and more of their land with each passing day*

Hey guys what's the problem here!?! - a huge dullard

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Matt Zerella posted:

It's like babbies first politics post.

*Bari and Bill spout a bunch of xenophobic victim blaming rants about Palestinians being brutalized by Israel who is poisoning their water, denying them passage to receive basic human needs and stealing more and more of their land with each passing day*

Hey guys what's the problem here!?! - a huge dullard

It's almost like Palestinians also routinely bomb Israeli neighborhoods and shops. Maybe both sides suck, and calling them Zionists is the same as saying you hate Jews.

Perhaps they aren't Zionists because it's more complicated than that.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

This isn't worth it.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Super Deuce is the worst poster in this thread.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Super Deuce posted:

It's almost like Palestinians also routinely bomb Israeli neighborhoods and shops. Maybe both sides suck, and calling them Zionists is the same as saying you hate Jews.

Perhaps they aren't Zionists because it's more complicated than that.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

WampaLord posted:

He's a Republican who likes sex and weed. Name for me one progressive cause that he truly champions, and "let's bomb all the Muslims" sure as poo poo is not a progressive cause.

Eh, he's an old rich white orthodox liberal democrat. Which doesn't say a hell of a lot good about him in all fairness.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

single-payer, the environment, reigning in the MIC, civil rights, etc

and your "durr lets bomb all the muslims" strawman is a bit tedious

Bill has a problem platforming people like peterson and milo but he's not one position away from being a fox news host you loving tool

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bill threw Bernie under the bus the minute Hillary won the primary

gently caress him forever

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Wait guys, I want to hear the guy explain how the IDF is justified in shooting and killing unarmed protesters and aid workers and how everyone is antisemitic for expecting them to not do that.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Wait guys, I want to hear the guy explain how the IDF is justified in shooting and killing unarmed protesters and aid workers and how everyone is antisemitic for expecting them to not do that.

Did someone say anything remotely close to that?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I think it's really easy for atheists, in general, to get caught up in Islamophobia, because speaking from my own experience growing up in a completely non-religious household, in very non-religious places in general, it's a little difficult to understand why someone would practice a religion in a non-fundamentalist way, so there's a constant suspicion that religious people are always batshit insane just underneath the surface, and that paranoia is only exacerbated by cultures that put a high value on religious identity, and religions that people may not have closely encountered.

It's not until I had a good friend who was a practising Muslim that I reexamined my feelings toward Islam and Muslims in general. I suspect Bill just hasn't had that, and he's been such a vocal rear end in a top hat about his Islamophobia for so long that I doubt he ever will. It's too bad, but I can accept that he's got an interesting perspective at times, and a decent show, even if he really loving pisses me off sometimes. The comments on Israel this week were inexcusable, though.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
As far as I"m concerned, Islamophobia is a nonsense term, because phobia means it's irrational. It's not irrational to be fearful of all religions, as (practically) all religion is terrible and support rape, murder, etc.

I don't care if some religious person you know is the nicest grandmother you've ever met. Either they're stupid for only "believing" parts of their bullshit religion as it only would make any divine sense if it's an all or nothing deal, or they're a fundamentalist who, by their own texts, is supposed to be killing everyone else. Not really a phobia to be afraid of that.

Bill talks about Islam more, and sees more Islamic area murdering in the name of that faith because it happens more in the name of that faith in the political (and real) world. I'm sure you'd all do your podcasts differently, but when its his job to talk about what's in the loving news, he'll talk about what's in the loving news.

If you want to bitch about what he actually said, do it. Using your buzzword bullshit to either join in on a dogmatic bandwagon or trying to create one does nothing but help other, similarly dogmatic agendas such as whatever the gently caress the Trump cult is or other terrorist organizations who thrive on separation of everyone but themselves.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Islamophobia is bullshit but Zionist means you hate Jews :lol:

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Matt Zerella posted:

Islamophobia is bullshit but Zionist means you hate Jews :lol:

Calling anyone who isn't vehemently anti-Israel a Zionist absolutely does mean that, yes. 100%.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I'm anti-SuperDeuce.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Super Deuce posted:

Calling anyone who isn't vehemently anti-Israel a Zionist absolutely does mean that, yes. 100%.

Your ability to do these mental gymnastics is impressive.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Super Deuce posted:

As far as I"m concerned, Islamophobia is a nonsense term, because phobia means it's irrational. It's not irrational to be fearful of all religions, as (practically) all religion is terrible and support rape, murder, etc.

I don't care if some religious person you know is the nicest grandmother you've ever met. Either they're stupid for only "believing" parts of their bullshit religion as it only would make any divine sense if it's an all or nothing deal, or they're a fundamentalist who, by their own texts, is supposed to be killing everyone else. Not really a phobia to be afraid of that.

Bill talks about Islam more, and sees more Islamic area murdering in the name of that faith because it happens more in the name of that faith in the political (and real) world. I'm sure you'd all do your podcasts differently, but when its his job to talk about what's in the loving news, he'll talk about what's in the loving news.

If you want to bitch about what he actually said, do it. Using your buzzword bullshit to either join in on a dogmatic bandwagon or trying to create one does nothing but help other, similarly dogmatic agendas such as whatever the gently caress the Trump cult is or other terrorist organizations who thrive on separation of everyone but themselves.

Good job illustrating my point, I guess?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Hey guys religion is bad and irrational and now on a different subject let me tell you why a religious Apartheid state based on continuous settler colonialism is just the greatest :smuggo:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/998755710757425152

Bari "protesting for show" Weiss

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Love that one so much. God drat is Louise Mensch dumb as poo poo, and an obvious grifter.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Matt Zerella posted:

Your ability to do these mental gymnastics is impressive.

Your surface assessment of the most complicated geopolitical issue of the last century justifies using a term nearly exclusively used by hate groups towards someone who didn't say what you wanted to hear?

My mental gymnastics?

They didn't even disagree that it's heinous and that Israel's aggression is wrong in this situation. They said that the Palestinian timing was political, as well as it not solely being due to moving the embassy.

PT6A posted:

Hey guys religion is bad and irrational and now on a different subject let me tell you why a religious Apartheid state based on continuous settler colonialism is just the greatest :smuggo:

Religion should absolutely not be protected by any government. Nor should it be encouraged. No religion should be respected, nor should any religious person be respected solely for their personal (moronic) beliefs. At best a religious person is objectively stupid who should be culpable for any crimes a person does in the name of that doctrine, when it's in line with their texts.

How you think that has anything to do with any Apartheid-like policies in that region is beyond any logical sense.

Imagine for a moment in place of Islam, Bill spoke about followers of another book which had wars raging in its name along with other countless murders, along with empirical data saying "moderate" readers of this book were totally okay with, and agreed with the brutal wars and murders just that they weren't up to carry them out. Things advocated by this book.

Would it be bookophobia? Because that's what he's talked about.

But nope, saying that there are political motives by group leaders among the victims of a heinous act is absolutely the worst thing ever? You've invented the thing you're outraged about.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Islamaphobia isn't real and also the Koran literally turns people into murderers and rapists.

Hi, I'm Super Duce and apparently I expect to be taken seriously.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

PT6A posted:

I think it's really easy for atheists, in general, to get caught up in Islamophobia, because speaking from my own experience growing up in a completely non-religious household, in very non-religious places in general, it's a little difficult to understand why someone would practice a religion in a non-fundamentalist way, so there's a constant suspicion that religious people are always batshit insane just underneath the surface, and that paranoia is only exacerbated by cultures that put a high value on religious identity, and religions that people may not have closely encountered.

It's not until I had a good friend who was a practising Muslim that I reexamined my feelings toward Islam and Muslims in general. I suspect Bill just hasn't had that, and he's been such a vocal rear end in a top hat about his Islamophobia for so long that I doubt he ever will. It's too bad, but I can accept that he's got an interesting perspective at times, and a decent show, even if he really loving pisses me off sometimes. The comments on Israel this week were inexcusable, though.

lol

You forgot to say martyrdom for virgins in the sky deserves respect

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Gonzo McFee posted:

Islamaphobia isn't real and also the Koran literally turns people into murderers and rapists.

Hi, I'm Super Duce and apparently I expect to be taken seriously.

Turns into? No. Encourages. Denying it in the name of acceptance is bullshit.

And it's not a phobia because it's not irrational. Religion is dangerous. Religious texts are murder, slavery, and rape guides. Why the gently caress do people otherwise outraged by the slightest intolerance okay with entire populations and sects writing law based on such intolerance? Islam is bad. Christianity is bad. Judaism is bad. Hinduism is bad. They're all loving bad.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
And that means that Israel gets to murder 50 people including children, doctors and journalists because they were near a fence.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Gonzo McFee posted:

And that means that Israel gets to murder 50 people including children, doctors and journalists because they were near a fence.

Yup. Definitely what anyone has said.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Super Deuce posted:

loving :laffo:

Go back to r/atheism

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

WampaLord posted:

loving :laffo:

Go back to r/atheism

Preferable to the Bronze Age.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Super Deuce posted:

Preferable to the Bronze Age.

i'm gonna take a wild guess that you don't know a ton about the bronze age to make a crack like that my dude

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/997886835698397184

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

And what is wrong about that? It can be simultaneously terrible what happened and a political decision to have planned something else.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

God forbid we see the Palestinians suffering in an open air prison when they do that dumb as poo poo Jerusalem embassy. It's like protests are inherently political :eyepop:

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Nuke Jews, Muslims, and Christians from orbit imo

It's the only way to be sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Why isn't it the Israeli military responsibility for killing civilians?