Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

who said bucks are the main

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

who said bucks are the main

The bucks should main,,, imo

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Bucks vs Okada and Mysterio?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I've not been on the Cody train since he joined Bullet Club, but if the stars align and Cody's able to take the NWA title to ROH and NJPW then I'll be a believer. If WWE's plan of spreading NXT over multiple continents and opening up new Performance Centers/assimilating WWE-Affiliated indies starts to happen, Cody with the NWA Title defending it like a legitimate world title and The Bucks running a show like All-in once or twice a year would be a so fun to watch.

The idea of the NWA Title actually pulling in different styles and letting them clash is fun. Cody vs ZSJ in England? Cody vs Tanahashi in Japan at a Dome show? Cody vs PCO in Quebec? Cody vs Nick Gauge in a barbed wire ropes match? Possibilities are endless with a legit NWA Title revival.

Keep up that momentum, maybe MiSu wins the NWA Title and fights PCO. That would be awesome.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Bigass Moth posted:

What if when their contracts are up Billy basically let’s them run and book the NWA? They’ve proven themselves to be draws, now take the belt and make it a big deal again. Probably has a lot of meaning to Cody.

In the short term it seems like a fantastic way to lose that bet with Meltzer and a shitload of money to boot.
In the long term it seems like a tug of war between Cody trying to elevate the NWA title and the NWA title dragging Cody down with it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

In the short term it seems like a fantastic way to lose that bet with Meltzer and a shitload of money to boot.
In the long term it seems like a tug of war between Cody trying to elevate the NWA title and the NWA title dragging Cody down with it.

The bet was whether they could sell out the building which they've already done, so no, it isn't. You seem to constantly be repeating this idea that the NWA title is so worthless people will immediately return or refund their tickets or something, and that's pure nonsense.

And since nobody who has held the NWA title has had their career actively hurt by it, I feel like you're just talking out of your rear end here. Like, will Cody trying to elevate the title succeed? Quite possibly not. But the idea that it'll hurt him is patently absurd.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 19, 2018

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The bet was whether they could sell out the building which they've already done, so no, it isn't. You seem to constantly be repeating this idea that the NWA title is so worthless people will immediately return or refund their tickets or something, and that's pure nonsense.

And since nobody who has held the NWA title has had their career actively hurt by it, I feel like you're just talking out of your rear end here. Like, will Cody trying to elevate the title succeed? Quite possibly not. But the idea that it'll hurt him is patently absurd.

Kerry Von Erich and Tommy Rich's careers were definitely hurt by their runs. Obviously different circumstances and eras that are totally irrelevant to this, but this is a title that both Adam Pearce and Colt Cabana refused a few years ago due to all of the nonsense going on with it. Cody can do whatever he wants and would raise the profile of the title, but for the NWA to continue their current plan for the title with Cody as champion would cost so much that it's rather hard to imagine, but I guess it's easy to imagine promoters spending a lot of money with no return.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Wait? They sold out the building already?
Wow, good on them.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah dude it sold out in 30 minutes

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Color me amazed. I did not think you could get an Indie show to do 10k people.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The NWA title is a draw brother.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bigass Moth posted:

The NWA title is a draw brother.

It's the only thing announced for the show!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I assume the card is this

We know we have

Rhodes vs Aldis (c) for the NWA title

But I bet we also get

Bucks vs the Lucha Brothers
Okada vs Rey Mysterio
Naito vs Jericho
Omega vs Lethal
Ryan vs Page

That's a strong card.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 19, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jericho ain't doin an indie. He's too country club for that poo poo. NJPW couldn't retain hm at the money he wanted.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

coconono posted:

Jericho ain't doin an indie. He's too country club for that poo poo. NJPW couldn't retain hm at the money he wanted.

That rumor was disproven he just showed up at Dontaku and is tentatively slated to face Naito at Dominion.

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 19, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ChrisBTY posted:

Color me amazed. I did not think you could get an Indie show to do 10k people.

Best part is that Cody did a couple of podcasts after that where he admitted he was expecting about 3000 tickets to sell quickly, and then he had a multi-month strategy in place to drum up interest to further ticket sales. Then 30 minutes later all the tickets were gone :allears:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
He worked himself into a shoot.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I assume the card is this

We know we have

Rhodes vs Aldis (c) for the NWA title

But I bet we also get

Bucks vs the Lucha Brothers
Okada vs Rey Mysterio
Naito vs Jericho
Omega vs Lethal
Ryan vs Page

That's a strong card.

If there are even half these guys are actually on the show either Aldis has to lose the title beforehand or the title match can't be the ME. Because holy poo poo the idea of Aldis being booked above just about any of those folks is an anticlimax, to be polite about it.

Get Cody v. WALTER or Riddle or something and suddenly the NWA title might have some momentum going.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Aldis is locked into the main event. it's part of the deal that Billy swindled them with. He's also taking 30% of the gate

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Christ, just how badly does Cody want that dumb title?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It means the world to him, and Though I don't necessarily blame him, it turns a massive financial success into a modest one. Seems his plans basically relied on selling out which is why he had so many more tricks up his sleeve to promote the event that we may never know the details Of

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Aldis is locked into the main event. it's part of the deal that Billy swindled them with. He's also taking 30% of the gate

The show is also being renamed ALL DIS

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

As part of the deal Billy agreed to get "ALL IN" tattooed on his forehead for the upcoming Pumpkins tour

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jenkem Delivery posted:

As part of the deal Billy agreed to get "ALL IN" tattooed on his forehead for the upcoming Pumpkins tour

crowd: "who's Al Linn?"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

EugeneJ posted:

crowd: "who's Al Linn?"

fist fight breaks out between two dudes because they can't decide if GG Allin is dead or not.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

How did Cody get the Bucks to buy in on the NWA thing?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

They need a title match. NJPW sure as hell isn't going to let any belts get defended. ROH might but really who gives a poo poo about of their titles?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

An indie and/or Billy probably went "I will give you this money to wrestle the NWA Champion" to which the Bucks went "We like money".

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Is the NWA in it's current form basically what Jeff Jarrett was trying to do with GFW? Just have the promotion basically be a belt that gets passed around through other different promotions/talent pools?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Is the NWA in it's current form basically what Jeff Jarrett was trying to do with GFW? Just have the promotion basically be a belt that gets passed around through other different promotions/talent pools?

no, Jarrett was trying to actually have his own promotion and TV, the belt passing through was a means to an end of keeping the brandalive while waiting for a TV deal

Corgan's just a moron.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

rare Magic card l00k posted:

An indie and/or Billy probably went "I will give you this money to wrestle the NWA Champion" to which the Bucks went "We like money".

Except they're giving Billy money.
A lot of money. 30% of the gate. Allegedly.
For one of the biggest indie shows in history.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

ChrisBTY posted:

Cavauro was joking mate

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

Getting fooled by Cavauro is more shameful than anything Billy's ever done.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Cavauro was right

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
lol how does this keep happening

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Worked into a shoot, man

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MotU posted:

Cavauro is better at getting people to believe his stories than "Apologize to" rovert.

can we get some Cavauro World Order avatars up in here

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Cavauro is better at getting people to believe his stories than "Apologize to" rovert.

can we get some Cavauro World Order avatars up in here

that says more bad things about the vast majority of posters than it does good things about cavauro

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

In my defense; I have absolutely no idea who Cauvaro is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

MotU posted:

Cavauro has mastered the absurd reality of wrestling stories to craft fakes just dumb enough to be plausible

He had me believing for a week that Undertaker was heavily invested in coal mining