Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I have lots of savings, my PS4 backs them up to the cloud!

What the gently caress are money savings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I know it's smart to invest because savings accounts are worthless from an interest perspective, but neither will matter anyway when rich idiots destroy the economy again in probably the exact same way as last time.

Everything is meaningless so don't even bother.

Also rent in my apartment complex goes up like 10% per year.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

I said come in! posted:

I live in Seattle so this doesn't exist. Being homeless in this city is waiting around for the police to beat you because a rich tech executive was uncomfortable by your existence.

Sounds exactly like Dark Souls.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Sorry about y'alls terrible investments, but my play arts kai figures are only going up up UP in value.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

homeless snail posted:

I've played condemned AND condemned 2, so i'm pretty much an expert

Same. Anyone gives me poo poo I’ll just yell at them until they explode.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Sorry about y'alls terrible investments, but my play arts kai figures are only going up up UP in value.
you idiot, you fool. nendroid futures are where you should be putting your money

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

chumbler posted:

:yeah:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I paid for my home in Quiet figurines.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I thought goons loved X-2 so I’m confused by this page

FFX-2's combat and job system are great. It has the best version of the Final Fantasy ATB combat system ever IMO

The story and structure are bad, though.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

wonder how much interest i've built on that $5 preorder i never picked up at gamestop for Mirror of Fate

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I put all of my money into what I thought was gold, but was actually gelt. I ate them all and now I'm broke.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I saved a ton of money by allowing gaming to destroy my social life

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

haveblue posted:

I saved a ton of money by allowing gaming to destroy my social life

Gotta watch out that drinking or buying games you'll never have time to play don't take up the slack.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I spent $100 this week to hang game art on my walls, and I feel like it is one of the most extravagant expenses I have made in years.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I just adorn my walls with the empty cases because Games Are Art.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
My idea of savings is putting off a games purchase for two weeks. I'm fiscally responsible :downs:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's impressive that every single one of Yuna's X-2 outfits is worse than her X outfit

Good combat though yeah. Multiple attacks going simultaneously is a natural extension of ATB and mid combat job switching is a natural extension of a job system

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ffx has some neat bits but it's really slow and draining. that combat system is not good for the amount of random encounters the game throws at you

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There was a time when I bought scale figures every few months but I'm considering putting away all but my favorites and getting artsy crap to replace them

Is this what it feels like to be an adult

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
My room is completely bare and devoid of all decorations. Because decorating it would cost money, which I do not have.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i have a single hatsune miku nendoroid

i wish i could've gotten a different one though

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Internet Kraken posted:

My room is completely bare and devoid of all decorations. Because decorating it would cost money, which I do not have.

:same:, also i don't like clutter/kitschy crap

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't really have decorations in my place unless you count old mail and cooking magazines and the gunpla on a bookshelf in my bedroom.

cheetah7071 posted:

It's impressive that every single one of Yuna's X-2 outfits is worse than her X outfit

Good combat though yeah. Multiple attacks going simultaneously is a natural extension of ATB and mid combat job switching is a natural extension of a job system

Warrior Yuna is good.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I just buy local rear end "probably done while watching Bob Ross" paintings at garage sales.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I used to have a bunch of movie posters, but I had to take them down like five years ago to paint the walls and they’ve been gathering dust since

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I used to have a bunch of movie posters, but I had to take them down like five years ago to paint the walls and they’ve been gathering dust since

What movies?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

I think the battle system and all the class switching was cool but I wish it had more classes and more clothing

more :clap: games :clap: about :clap: clothes :clap:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

I have lots of savings, my PS4 backs them up to the cloud!

What the gently caress are money savings?

Youre canadian youre entitled to three strips of carobou jerky and a jug of syrup per day courtesy of her majesty

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

univbee posted:

What movies?

Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, M, Bullitt, Goodfellas, Clockwork Orange, 2001...

Young lonely male wannabe nerd from the early 2000s posters

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i have a single hatsune miku nendoroid

i wish i could've gotten a different one though

I spent money sponsoring their racing team cause I thought this year's racing miku was cute and wanted a nendo of it. Good thing I have until september to experience buyer's remorse!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, M, Bullitt, Goodfellas, Clockwork Orange, 2001...

An almost-perfect set but it really needs Scarface, Big Lebowski and Fight Club.

And Boondock Saints.

univbee fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 22, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

more :clap: games :clap: about :clap: clothes :clap:

I wish.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

chumbler posted:

I know it's smart to invest because savings accounts are worthless from an interest perspective, but neither will matter anyway when rich idiots destroy the economy again in probably the exact same way as last time.

Also rent in my apartment complex goes up like 10% per year.

we went in to talk about renewing our lease a couple of weeks ago and i was utterly floored that our rent was going up by less than $10

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

haveblue posted:

No it's not, you can escape capitalism through death

my dude have you seen how much funerals cost

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I spent $100 this week to hang game art on my walls, and I feel like it is one of the most extravagant expenses I have made in years.

What was it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

i currently have Lawrence of Arabia, Bicycle Thief, Enter the Void, Godzilla 1954, and Super Mario Bros up in the living room :hehe:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Looper posted:

my dude have you seen how much funerals cost
if you're dead that's someone elses problem

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I have prints of a couple of comic book covers on my wall which I nabbed free from work, I like my nerdness to be readily apparent

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Looper posted:

i currently have Lawrence of Arabia, Bicycle Thief, Enter the Void, Godzilla 1954, and Super Mario Bros up in the living room :hehe:
Bicycle Thieves is like one of the saddest things ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I spent money sponsoring their racing team cause I thought this year's racing miku was cute and wanted a nendo of it. Good thing I have until september to experience buyer's remorse!

Someone needs to sell a cool racer miku print so I can experience her without buying a nendo

• Locked thread