Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I like VR. It is fun and I like fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Really shouldn't be enjoying rear end creed unity this much. Already pumped a silly amount of time into the multiplayer.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Wipeout Omega Collection Demo just went up on psn, 14GB

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA12432_00-WIPEOUTOMDEMO0US

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Playstation Home?
:lol:, I completed forgot about PSHome. It was lame as hell, but I have a hard time hating it simply because I got tons of free PS1 games from doing "quests" in it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/998942246203527170?s=19

Yooooooooo

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ZOE2 is my #1 fav game of all time please download the demo and enjoy HIGH SPEED ROBOT ACTION

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I would be interested if it were a bundle of the two games instead of just the sequel lol.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

You can get that on ps3. The first one is okay. I'm a big apologist for it cause I always saw potential in the first one and liked its story, music and characters. But drat ZOE2 surpasses it in every single way except I did miss flying around the map in flight mode.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

damnit literally the same day i give in and order a ps4 pro they announce the lifecycle is ending

wondering if i should return it...

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

nopantsjack posted:

damnit literally the same day i give in and order a ps4 pro they announce the lifecycle is ending

They didn’t announce that. They basically used corporate speak to say sales have hit a plateau. There are like 5 major exclusives coming out in the next 6 months or so alone.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

nopantsjack posted:

Bought one myself the other week and nope you should not.

You can get most of the great games that they released over the life cycle at discounts know at they still play great (e.g. Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn etc.).

Not to mention the exclusives still in the pipeline, like Spiderman, The Last of Us 2, Death Stranding.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bombadilillo posted:

Yakuza is the game where your girlfriend and daughter are kidnapped and you run the other way to play sexy games against kids and darts for 2 weeks or maybe chill pocket racer fighter.

If you mainline it you hosed up. But luckily, that doesn't matter, because the game wants you to go bowling. So go bowling.

My cahsin!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

GaussianCopula posted:

Bought one myself the other week and nope you should not.

You can get most of the great games that they released over the life cycle at discounts know at they still play great (e.g. Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn etc.).

Not to mention the exclusives still in the pipeline, like Spiderman, The Last of Us 2, Death Stranding.

hm, i had forgotten about death stranding... unless it gets delayed long enough to skip a generation cause kojima!
I'm up for spiderman and that ninja game in Tsukuhima

Not very interested in tLoU2 though, I haven't ever really liked any of the uncharteds apart from 2 back in the day and tLoU i thought was only okay.
Good characterisation but barely any plot and the gameplay was decent but nothing amazing (that was enough zombie killing, its time for a find the ladder/floating crate puzzle).

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Should I sell my ps4 since kaz hirai just came to my house and told me the ps4 is over today, all games for it are banned / cancelled and getting caught with a ps4 pro will get me sent to a labor camp ?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I'm done with God of War and Monster Hunter World (150 hours is more than enough) and am thinking of going through my shelved games. First up is Horizon, which I bounced off, hard. Any tips for getting the most enjoyment out of the game? I'm afraid it might be even less exciting after the excellent gameplay of GoW and MHW so any tips are welcome.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

beep by grandpa posted:

Should I sell my ps4 since kaz hirai just came to my house and told me the ps4 is over today, all games for it are banned / cancelled and getting caught with a ps4 pro will get me sent to a labor camp ?

I trust kaz

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

idk if anyone mentioned it, but yakuza 3-5 are getting ps4 remasters. I'm excited to try the whole series out

https://gematsu.com/2018/05/yakuza-3-4-and-5-remasters-announced-for-ps4

English port when? I need it!

nopantsjack posted:

You probably have a solid 2 years of use out of the PS4Pro, not to mention the fact that the exclusives are largely way cheaper now than they were at launch. We also have no idea about what a PS5 will do from a graphics or backwards compatibility’s standpoint. The end of the console lifecycle is the perfect time to jump in.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think any hope of backwards compatibility after Sony has seen the $$$ rolling in from even absolute minimum-effort remasters is a pipe dream at this point.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Not this again

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

WAKE UP PEOPLE

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dont make eye contact

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah look at the sheer lack of effort in the SOTC remake
:commissar:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
none of us have the time anymore to even play new games so who gives a poo poo about backwards compatibility

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I'm going to celebrate the demise of the ps4 by playing all the ps4 games I didn't get round too

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

CrRoMa posted:

I'm going to celebrate the demise of the ps4 by playing all the ps4 games I didn't get round too

Seriously, my backlog will already last me years without having to buy a new console, I got other poo poo to do.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

nopantsjack posted:

...it technology, you could wait 2 years for launch plus a year for it to get cheap bundles, but oh no, now you are just 2 years out from ps5 pro!

Sometimes you have to just jump.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Renoistic posted:

I'm done with God of War and Monster Hunter World (150 hours is more than enough) and am thinking of going through my shelved games. First up is Horizon, which I bounced off, hard. Any tips for getting the most enjoyment out of the game? I'm afraid it might be even less exciting after the excellent gameplay of GoW and MHW so any tips are welcome.

Not quite what your looking for but I'd suggest playing something else first. I loved Horizon during my initial playthrough but had a really hard time getting into the DLC right after playing GoW. It felt soooo slow.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In hzd, play the story until meridian. There buy purple bows. Then do whatever

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I keep forgetting I've had hzd since launch and never played it. I guess I will next month after I'm done with Detroit.

Hopefully Detroit is better than this current season of Westworld.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm impressed that Yakuza 0 has a full implementation of both Shogi and Riichi Mahjong. I don't know how to play either so the instructions have me lost at sea but I'm figuring them out with some web help.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
my suggestion with HZD is to blitz the story because the first third of the game is kinda generic YA and then it transitions to wtf scifi at some point and gets real good

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Eh just play it and if you start to feel bored of bogged down with sidequesting remind yourself there's a main story and do that for a bit. Nothing is missable. I don't like pointing people "just go to meridian".

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Going to Meridian opens up more of the game, like quests, points of interest, and better weapons. You'll probably want to do a healthy mix of story and side missions, though, but you can't really miss anything.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The best way to play HZD is to just do whatever the gently caress you want. Sure you might end up backtracking through some areas because of the story, but who cares? Finding stuff you weren't expecting because you were just exploring like when I found the Grave Hoard or Gaia's Heart well before I needed to go there owns.

The story will always be there for you when you want it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I wouldn't say to rush out of the starting land. Take you time. But once you are let out over the mountains go straight to Meridian.

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

Renoistic posted:

I had the same issue with H:ZD at launch. I walked away for a month and when I came back, I ended up loving it. I was having the same issue earlier last week. I finished God of War and decided to dip into my backlog and pulled out Assassin's Creed Origins. Almost put it down after a little bit but finally it hit a groove for me and I'm really enjoying it.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Going all the way to Meridian is probably overkill, I'd mostly recommend just trying to get Carja gear ASAP, and you can get that in the starting area.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

my suggestion with HZD is to blitz the story because the first third of the game is kinda generic YA and then it transitions to wtf scifi at some point and gets real good

The back story is definitely more interesting than the present day stories.

Edit: But who cares, hunting robot dinosaurs with a bow and arrow

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 22, 2018

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Thanks for the tips! I actually got to Meridian last time I played, a couple of months ago. I helped the drunk guy to look for his sister or something. How long until the sci-fi stuff starts to matter in the main quest? The present day story about Aloy fixing everyone's problems while rolling her eyes just isn't gripping me.

Also, all the weapons just feel really weak and unsatisfying (visually) unless you aim for the explosive parts (which results in less loot). Using the electrified rope feels really clumsy but also makes every encounter a joke. At the same time it feels necessary to use it because most of the enemies have really powerful long range weapons that kill Aloy in seconds. Any tips for spicing the combat up?

Also whoever designed the health system with the berries sucks at their job. And encouraging the player to pick everything up while giving you limited inventory space is a recipe for frustration. Which stuff, apart form the obvious, are safe to sell or get rid off?

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

King of Solomon posted:

Going all the way to Meridian is probably overkill, I'd mostly recommend just trying to get Carja gear ASAP, and you can get that in the starting area.

Like Crows Turn Off said, Meridian holds a shitload of things you can pick up as open-world goals. Once you gain access to the western area the next story objective is "go to meridian" anyway so you may as well.