Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
The monkey paw twitches, and a 500 player Operation Metro 24/7 server replaces everything everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

eonwe posted:

255 player strike at locker

Hell yeah gonna unlock all them guns quick this time!!

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

Why is this guy wearing a butter tart on his wrist?

obviously the V stands for Very delicious.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Vealicious?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

BigglesSWE posted:

The monkey paw twitches, and a 500 player Operation Metro 24/7 server replaces everything everywhere.

500 player Wake Locker. Nothing but corridors in the general layout of Wake Island.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

There was a map in the bf2 Special Forces expansion that was basically an aircraft carrier and that was it.

That, with 1000 players. Endlessly.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

building stuff might be cool. some points really suck to retake when they are bombed out craters. D on Sinai Desert comes to mind.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Lol imagine if they had empty vehicles spawn on the map like in bf2.

Imagine the walls and elaborate traps people would build around them

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Assuming you can build anything anywhere, ofc.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

BigglesSWE posted:

There was a map in the bf2 Special Forces expansion that was basically an aircraft carrier and that was it.

That, with 1000 players. Endlessly.

How about that map where the US spawns on a boat with nothing but inflatable boats to get ashore vs SMAWs.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Actually, just these maps, with 10 000 players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKsR861KGbw

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

MAG for the PS3 wasn't super great, but I had a ton of fun playing it with goons. The idea of splitting up 128 people onto different "fronts" to attack and defend was such a cool idea. I always hoped that sort of thing caught on with other, more successful, FPS franchises.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
The only thing I want are big maps where every single point isn't visible from every other point. Identifiable battlefronts where you know which direction the enemy is coming from instead of a merry go round of capping and losing a point every 3 seconds while explosions go off in your face forever and you die from every direction at the same time.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
BF4 on PS4 chat - I got the urge to load back up some BF4 because I missed how fun the shotguns are in BF4. However I'm finding the matchmaking quick playlists to be totally useless. Despite owning all the DLC the loving large conquest matchmaker plops me into an empty server every time. Is it known to be poo poo?

The internet tells me there are thousands of people still playing BF4, like 4x as many as TitanFall2 but that game matches like instantly.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 23, 2018

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Are you sure there's a lot of people playing it on PS4 tho?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

BigglesSWE posted:

Are you sure there's a lot of people playing it on PS4 tho?

14k, PS4 has a way huge population compared to the other platforms. Always has too. I'm probably just going to fart through using filters on the server browser.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Bring back BF3 Alpha(did Beta have it as well) terrain deformation to the point where you could leave the map or make impassable trench lines for ground forces.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

jisforjosh posted:

Bring back BF3 Alpha(did Beta have it as well) terrain deformation to the point where you could leave the map or make impassable trench lines for ground forces.

An early version of BF1 apparently included a feature where you could use the shovel to properly dig through the ground.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

BigglesSWE posted:

Buildable fortifications.

El Alameincraft

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Kibayasu posted:

How about that map where the US spawns on a boat with nothing but inflatable boats to get ashore vs SMAWs.

There was the port attack map in bf3 where the US team tried to get ashore against laser javelins and a frogfoot

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Chronojam posted:

There was the port attack map in bf3 where the US team tried to get ashore against laser javelins and a frogfoot

I played rush a lot and used to cackle like a maniac when I saw 8 javelins pummel into the oncoming AMTRAC again and again and again...

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Dynamic maps seem awesome, that’s why everyone loves Battle Royal. The game is just different every time.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Battlefield Vore

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Battlefield V: The Phantom Pain

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Philman posted:

Why is this guy wearing a butter tart on his wrist?

obviously the V stands for Very delicious.

It's a wrist compass.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Chronojam posted:

Yeah that was fun. It was possible to slooooooowly get around that if the defenders on the shore were idiots and you could keep the Frogfoot down. If I recall correctly the IR smoke recharged faster than it took to disperse so you could slowly go forward, make the defenders waste all their Javelins and get the AAMTRAC to the beach. As long as they refused to drop their javelins anyways.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

DICE is probably gonna make a crazy amount of money off of wehrbs.

Like think of how much they'd pay for a Wittmann, Marseille, or Bubi vehicle skin.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

In Australian time the reveal starts at 6am yeesh

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost
PUBGFIELD

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Battlenite

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Battlegrounds

gently caress

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Lets just hope this time around the anti-cheat stuff is actually more efficient.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

Lets just hope this time around the anti-cheat stuff is actually more efficient.

"Actually existing" would be a good start.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The battlefield subreddit is filled with folks bragging about their WWII weapon collections. I’m all for shooting with digital murdermachines but I’ll never get the craze to collect real ones.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Kibayasu posted:

"Actually existing" would be a good start.

That would be nice.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

They already made a Battlefield where you play as the Nazis, it's called Battlefield: Hardline

OH SNAP!

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 23, 2018

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

BigglesSWE posted:

Sluurrrrrp slurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp more tears please!

Also, lol, the people complaining about nazi-killing in Wolfenstein were actual NAZIS you loving reddit-splerg.

They already made a Battlefield where you play as the Nazis, it's called Battlefield: Hardline

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Lumpy the Cook posted:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
just make that the thread title thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Get this guy/girl a drink.