Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Man it’s annoying when half the objectives in these story events just decide not to pop. I selected the limit burst and watched as it went off, which apparently wasn’t good enough to count as using a limit burst. That was the third objective in three stages it didn’t give me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

jaclynhyde posted:

Man it’s annoying when half the objectives in these story events just decide not to pop. I selected the limit burst and watched as it went off, which apparently wasn’t good enough to count as using a limit burst. That was the third objective in three stages it didn’t give me.

For these I only use stuff with long animation now. LB Kill? Bring Cloud or Olive. Magic kill? Bring a dual cast Ultima (or Holy, or Alterna) user. Doesn't matter if they're weak, as long as the animation is long it'll get last hit and you'll get the objective.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Ugato posted:

Saving this one and the 5* guaranteed ticket to be disappointed when cg Nichol comes out. Plus I’ve had a pretty garbage streak of the last 20-30 tickets/dailies/free pulls being stuff I don’t even care about smooshing. Gonna try to wait for my luck to improve a little.

Also saving this but I'm still saving until the day 7* arrives. Hopefully the day they also gift us all a UoC ticket to calm the storm of rage that will explode onto the GE forums from people who don't follow the JP game.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I guess we’re getting Ramuh and Shiva 3* this week, since we’re getting the new supercite mission. I really hope they’re not making the reward worse. I’m still a long way from maxing out either Siren or Ifrit and I can’t seem to get great rewards to proc off that mission for the life of me.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-sg.akamaized.net/prod//en/content/20180522IssueReportCloseExpedEarly2.html

The instructions about “ending” your existing Supercite Expeditions is vague and cryptic. I plan to keep mine going even if it wastes gold or tents or whatever.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

arisu posted:

For these I only use stuff with long animation now. LB Kill? Bring Cloud or Olive. Magic kill? Bring a dual cast Ultima (or Holy, or Alterna) user. Doesn't matter if they're weak, as long as the animation is long it'll get last hit and you'll get the objective.

It's not even the kill with a limit burst objectives (which are also the worst), it's the ones like “use a limit burst” and “use magic twice.” Guess I should just do them extra times to be safe.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dragonturtle posted:

There is still a little bit of RNG in the fight in that if the bird crits the Veritas of Heavens 4 times in a row he can die but beyond that all you need to do is just use his reraise ability every turn (can use repeat after the first one) and he'll just counter the bird to death.

Oh and just pop off Ifrit when the bird is at around 3-6% and it'll clear him and the rest while getting you the Ifrit clear.

Everyone died in the opening attack, and I didn't get an option to continue. :rip:

jaclynhyde posted:

It's not even the kill with a limit burst objectives (which are also the worst), it's the ones like “use a limit burst” and “use magic twice.” Guess I should just do them extra times to be safe.

Yup. The game is poo poo about that, so when those show up, I use magic on every single battle, and LBs ever single time I have one up.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Dragonturtle posted:

I have a solo carry for Ice Bird ELT up as my friend unit if you've not cleared it yet. Add me at 752, 568, 277 if you still need it.

All you need to do is use his Reraise from the ankh over and over again for every turn as he counters the bird to death.

Done and done, along with all of the challenges in one go. Thanks!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/FFBE_EN/status/998926454619496454

So... does this mean you get a free Ticket for every 55,000 Lapis you spend on a banner?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Sounds more like they'll give you a free ticket if you do a 10+1

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Kheldarn posted:

Everyone died in the opening attack, and I didn't get an option to continue. :rip:

Yup. The game is poo poo about that, so when those show up, I use magic on every single battle, and LBs ever single time I have one up.

The bird is kind of iffy about doing that sometimes during the preemptive attack. I can leave VoH up for the next few days so you can take a couple cracks at the bird with him and your party.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Ugato posted:

I guess we’re getting Ramuh and Shiva 3* this week, since we’re getting the new supercite mission. I really hope they’re not making the reward worse. I’m still a long way from maxing out either Siren or Ifrit and I can’t seem to get great rewards to proc off that mission for the life of me.

Seriously. There is no reason to reduce the rewards. I've hit them every time they're up and I've just gotten plant killer with ifrit and have 100 of each still banked for use on the new ones but I know that's a drop in the pool for how much you need to max them.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I often screw up magic missions when I use fire. I cast it on the first wave and it works, but if I hit repeat and everything dies quickly, since the fire animation takes longer, it doesn’t register. I try to remember to individually cast it before I hit repeat with the other units, but I forget.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Just now learned that escape works for these story missions. Makes getting through them so much faster.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

2 tries, 2 deaths. This time, due to:

Dragonturtle posted:

There is still a little bit of RNG in the fight in that if the bird crits the Veritas of Heavens 4 times in a row he can die but beyond that all you need to do is just use his reraise ability every turn (can use repeat after the first one) and he'll just counter the bird to death.

:shepicide:

Dragonturtle posted:

The bird is kind of iffy about doing that sometimes during the preemptive attack. I can leave VoH up for the next few days so you can take a couple cracks at the bird with him and your party.

Thank you. I hope I can get this one of these times...

Sheik90
Nov 26, 2010

Dragonturtle posted:

I have a solo carry for Ice Bird ELT up as my friend unit if you've not cleared it yet. Add me at 752, 568, 277 if you still need it.

All you need to do is use his Reraise from the ankh over and over again for every turn as he counters the bird to death.

Took a few tries but I managed to do it, thanks alot.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Does anyone know if Doublehand from Sephiroths TMR masamune stacks with Bartz Doublehand TMR trait ? Bartz's specifically states it doesnt stack but I dont think the Masamune's does.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

"Doesn't stack" for equipment/materia usually means you can't equip multiples of it. So you can't equip multiple Doublehand materias but you can equip one and get the doublehand bonus from other sources like gear like the Masamune or Olive's TMR gun.

e: another example would be killers. You can't equip multiple X-Killer materia but you can equip a X-Killer and a X-Killer+ or get additional killers from a character's innate abilities, equipment, or espers and they all stack to the +300% cap.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

3rd time's the charm, right? Wrong. Got Ice Birb to 45%, and then died. :sigh:

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

Scrublord Prime posted:

"Doesn't stack" for equipment/materia usually means you can't equip multiples of it. So you can't equip multiple Doublehand materias but you can equip one and get the doublehand bonus from other sources like gear like the Masamune or Olive's TMR gun.

e: another example would be killers. You can't equip multiple X-Killer materia but you can equip a X-Killer and a X-Killer+ or get additional killers from a character's innate abilities, equipment, or espers and they all stack to the +300% cap.

So then, whats considered ideal setup for Sephiroth? I assume his TMR sword, one doublehand materia, a katana mastery materia, then the usual like VoE's TMR and deamon mail ... what else?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Hi posted:

So then, whats considered ideal setup for Sephiroth? I assume his TMR sword, one doublehand materia, a katana mastery materia, then the usual like VoE's TMR and deamon mail ... what else?

Incorrect, the actual answer is "Dual Wield with elemental chaining", pick an element your chain buddy goes with. Sephiroth has a lot of chain buddies.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

Dana Crysalis posted:

Incorrect, the actual answer is "Dual Wield with elemental chaining", pick an element your chain buddy goes with. Sephiroth has a lot of chain buddies.

I use a dark veritas / orleandu holy combo, which he combos with but the prospect of TMRing yet another excalibur and dual wield .... uuuuuuughgh

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm rolling all but the %+ tickets immediately after getting them because every new 5* dilutes the pool and decreases the chance of getting another ayaka or wilhelm which would be my top pickups.

+Tickets will be spent on xenogears

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

wicked Moon suuuucks. 2 ashes was slow as hell but steady and probably do able, until the bastard snorted Basch out of the field.

is him snorting someone completely rng and irreversible once done or can i mitigate or prevent that? i don’t want to be 40 rounds deep with this guy and then lose someone due to a lovely moon phase.

also, any grim lord sakura friends that can be hosted?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Hi posted:

I use a dark veritas / orleandu holy combo, which he combos with but the prospect of TMRing yet another excalibur and dual wield .... uuuuuuughgh

The Seph builds that popped up in my Friends List the day he went live gave me this Doublehand build:

Masamune
Reindeer Headband
Cloud's Uniform
Iftrit's Claw
Champion's Belt
Loyal Warrior
Buster Style
Doublehand
Katana Mastery

And this Dual Wield build:

Masamune
Excalibur II
Prishe's Hairpin
Demon Mail
Genji Glove
Desch's Earring
Katana Mastery
Large Sword Mastery
Sword Six's Pride - Dark
Adventurer V

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Hi posted:

Dana Crysalis posted:

Cartoon Man has a Sephiroth up with more than 1700 ATK, though. If you want to go that route, I would stick Killian's Scarf from the current event, it's got another Doublehand on it. If you're already running a Orlandeu/Dark Veritas team and want a finisher, that would be a valid way to go.

Dana's right, though, to be the best universal chainer he can be he needs to dual wield. He's not as strong as the other Divine Ruination chainers except probably Agrias, that's the trade off.

A guy on Reddit posted this, it's fairly doable.

You can switch the Zwill Crossblade for the Defender, Swordbreaker or Kyomori (Kyomori has 10% rather than the other three's 5% Evade) or the Demon Shield for the Gladiator's Shield.

The Assassin's Vest is quite getable at this point, and you should have at least one of the Raven Berets just laying around (unless you were pooh-poohing raid rewards.

Lucky Bangles are fairly easy to save up for, and Sazh's TMR isn't terrible either. There are 5* units with Evade accessories like Noctis, but guess what? Not everyone has one of those.

Spirit of Freedom may not stack, and neither does True Spirit of Freedom, but you can equip both. Quick Assault and Evade are both easy enough to get, too. There are a bunch of les evasive abilities you can use instead if you have Kyomori instead of one of the 5% Evade weapons.

TL;DR: I now have a 105% Evade Warrior Of Light.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 23, 2018

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

new kind of cat posted:

also, any grim lord sakura friends that can be hosted?

I got your hookup.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

A guy on Reddit posted this, it's fairly doable.

You can switch the Demon Shield for the Gladiator's Shield.

Lucky Bangles are fairly easy to save up for

I don't have Gladiator's Shield, so I'll need to get the Demon Shield. The Lucky Bangles, however, are from an event last year, so they're very much gone. I guess I'll have to replace them with a Ring Of The Lucii.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Kheldarn posted:

I don't have Gladiator's Shield, so I'll need to get the Demon Shield. The Lucky Bangles, however, are from an event last year, so they're very much gone. I guess I'll have to replace them with a Ring Of The Lucii.

If you have 1 or more lucii making anyone 100% dodge is rather easy now that true spirit of freedom is our.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Khisanth Magus posted:

If you have 1 or more lucii making anyone 100% dodge is rather easy now that true spirit of freedom is our.

I currently have 0, but I do own 2 Noctis, so eventually I'll have 2. Currently working on stuff for Old Man Landeau right now.

I'd also love if there was a way to actually see your Dodge (unless there is, and I just don't know about it, which wouldn't surprise me...)

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

I currently have 0, but I do own 2 Noctis, so eventually I'll have 2. Currently working on stuff for Old Man Landeau right now.

I'd also love if there was a way to actually see your Dodge (unless there is, and I just don't know about it, which wouldn't surprise me...)

The best you can do is to plug it into the unit builder and let it calculate your dodge for you, there's no in-game way to see it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kheldarn posted:

My bad on the Bangles, I had them confused with a Star Quartz item.

But hey, you've got the Ring of the Lucii, which makes this a LOT easier.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Right. Haven't drawn a Noctis yet myself, though.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Had a random 3* ex ticket I'm not sure where it came from. Threw it out. Gold into rainbow!...loving Luneth The lovely #3. This game hates me.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Another daily Rainbow, this time it's Yuna. Would have preferred another Lid but another new character is cool. And that TMR is sweet.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

No one taking about the Cloud Step up we're getting out of nowhere?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8lih8l/global_news_cloud_banner_rerun_dracotaur_raid/

Lapis drain for something awesome to follow...

That said I’m glad I held off on my third Seph lap. I need one Elfreeda for a complete TDH setup. I already have four Clouds...

:negative:

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I have 3 elfreeda and no coulds...maybe we can work something out

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
That’s a lot of stuff getting released. I guess that’s a little more in line with what I expected to see just because they’re getting so far behind in terms of releasing content. We’re getting:

A raid
Two boss refight/upgrades
King Mog revisit
TDH step up banner that never existed otherwise
3* espers
More story

Next week is going to be a bit crazy though. And if you’re really wanting to get some TDH this banner is actually really tempting for the TMRs at least. If you were fortunate enough last time to get Clouds or Elfreedas or Williams I guess you get to do a little double dipping on KM bonus currency. Free tickets and such at least.farming for crysts I guess if they don’t restock KM? I’m curious to see if it’s just a pure re-release or if they add a LGD difficulty for it. Or add anything to it.

Boy that’s a TDH whale bait banner if I’ve ever seen one though.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 12:58 on May 23, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Mog store is not getting restocked, whatever you bought before is still gone. But if you saved currency, that still works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Ugato posted:

I guess you get to do a little double dipping on KM bonus currency. Free tickets and such at least.

I thought it said no restock.

• Locked thread