Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Since the start of season 5 it has really dropped off for me. FPP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I haven't seen a cheater in a very long while in SA Duo TPP.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I’ve only been killed once in a way that i thought was shady but i shrugged it off as luck. It’d be nice if you could spec your killer after watching the death cam but bluehole sucks at this poo poo so w/e

I’m still blown away that they can’t make a competent lobby system after all this time. They don’t have any excuses as to why they’re still missing so many basic creature comforts. Like why do i have to listen to the loud rear end damage effects when i get downed in the event mode? Why is that there?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Ehud posted:

I don’t pick up stuns or Molotovs.

Am I missing some neat use for Molotovs that I wouldn’t just use a frag instead?

molotovs don't work you can stand in the fire and it probably won't burn you atm

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Saw a couple yesterday but aside from that haven't seen much.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

why the gently caress was i matched in a game with shroud? gently caress this matchmaking, my kdr is sub 1

The next BR game that gets Matchmaking right will be amazing

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

there isn't going to be a better BR game than this one, guys. all the best multiplayer games have been happy accidents, and the clones always suck

y'all really think a CoD game is going to be good?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I was really struck by someone, maybe in this thread or another, who highlighted a connection between stalker and PUBG I'd overlooked but immediately agreed with: they both convey their information in game and not through overladen UIs. That's something I've struggled to mod into fallout and farcry because AAA titles cast too wide a net to afford being obtuse.

My point being that I doubt any traditionally made AAA BR game will overtake PUBG; it'll reign supreme in my heart excepting the off chance that another smaller studio makes something similar but more polished.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

hawowanlawow posted:

there isn't going to be a better BR game than this one, guys. all the best multiplayer games have been happy accidents, and the clones always suck

The sooner we get a Red Faction + Unreal Battle Royale, the sooner I whale that poo poo

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

CS:BR pls k thx

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Jack B Nimble posted:

I was really struck by someone, maybe in this thread or another, who highlighted a connection between stalker and PUBG I'd overlooked but immediately agreed with: they both convey their information in game and not through overladen UIs. That's something I've struggled to mod into fallout and farcry because AAA titles cast too wide a net to afford being obtuse.

My point being that I doubt any traditionally made AAA BR game will overtake PUBG; it'll reign supreme in my heart excepting the off chance that another smaller studio makes something similar but more polished.

Yeah I totally agree with this, and I think the reason we aren't seeing big studios scramble to cash in on the BR thing is because it's a very niche game when it comes down to it. An average game takes 30 minutes, it's punishing as gently caress and it relies on having extremely good spacial awareness which basically requires the use of headphones.

PUBG is ~special~ and I gotta say aside from the many bugs that still exist, the Devs have done a great job of keeping it fresh and interesting with the new map, guns, etc. I don't see it going anywhere until we basically get PUBG 2.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

abigserve posted:

Yeah I totally agree with this, and I think the reason we aren't seeing big studios scramble to cash in on the BR thing is because it's a very niche game when it comes down to it. An average game takes 30 minutes, it's punishing as gently caress and it relies on having extremely good spacial awareness which basically requires the use of headphones.

PUBG is ~special~ and I gotta say aside from the many bugs that still exist, the Devs have done a great job of keeping it fresh and interesting with the new map, guns, etc. I don't see it going anywhere until we basically get PUBG 2.

just like dota right

frenzy
Aug 4, 2003
hey u

Dangerllama posted:

CS:BR pls k thx

https://go4thekill.net/

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

abigserve posted:

and I think the reason we aren't seeing big studios scramble to cash in on the BR thing is because

Both CoD and Battlefield are going to have BR modes this year.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Doorknob Slobber posted:

just like dota right

I mean yeah if you count Valve as a AAA game developer in 2018?

Elman posted:

Both CoD and Battlefield are going to have BR modes this year.

The CoD BR map is half the size of Erangal's military base (https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/8keesi/battle_royal_map_size_comparison/) so while they might rightly call it BR it's not going to be in the same style as PUBG. I haven't seen any further information about the Battlefield example but I imagine it'll be the same thing - deathmatch, on a bigger map, with no respawns.

That's not to say those won't be fun but the DOTA analogy is perfect - a hugely successful game and format, but one that's too esoteric and challenging to be made by any of the AAA studios without a substantial amount of simplification. LoL, and to a lesser extent, HOTS, scratch similar itches to DOTA but they aren't replacements, and I imagine that's going to be the situation with PUBG for a long time.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Yeah I don't expect them to nail what I like about Pubg, either. But they're certainly trying to cash in on it. And Fortnite has already proved you don't need to be a hardcore military shooter to succeed in the BR genre.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I think Battlefield could be turned into an awesome BR game, they have almost all the tools they would need to make that great.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Yeah, out of all of them I think BF is the closest to already having most of the pieces in place.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

origin is dead to me

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

hawowanlawow posted:

origin is dead to me

Sounds like something that gets said until some awesome new games comes out and you can convince yourself that maybe you can deal with it a little.

O. Henry O-Face
Sep 16, 2009
Even though pubg is pretty buggy, the sound of the guns is super satisfying.

The only thing I think BF would mess up is that their recoil system is almost non existant. I think people would be killing you from much farther away than would make sense. And also no peeking!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Thermopyle posted:

Yeah, out of all of them I think BF is the closest to already having most of the pieces in place.

The gun play feels the best to me so I hope they add it to the next one. Also since the next one is more than likely WW2 it might be interesting with bolt actions and semi autos and the ARs being super rare.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Uh every major studio is currently developing a BR game. I'd guess that most will try to be out in time for the holidays.

Re cheating: yeah I haven't had even a suspect death since I started playing again.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Yeah, the cheating situation has improved tremendously over the last few months, at least on the NA servers.

I've only run into blatant hacking deaths two or three times in the last two seasons (hundreds of rounds), whereas in the prior seasons it was like 25% of every TPP game ended with some dude mag dumping an SKS into your face from 600m away in 0.1 seconds.

On one hand, this is good because gently caress dying to hackers. On the other hand, this is bad because my group of PUBG friends are lunatics who prefer playing TPP over FPP and when the hacking was rampant on the TPP NA servers I could at least use that to force them into playing FPP.

revolther
May 27, 2008

O. Henry O-Face posted:

Even though pubg is pretty buggy, the sound of the guns is super satisfying.

The only thing I think BF would mess up is that their recoil system is almost non existant. I think people would be killing you from much farther away than would make sense. And also no peeking!
BF has peeking but it's contextually prompted. Sniper rifles having the big ol' glint would be nice for this game.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Re cheating: yeah I haven't had even a suspect death since I started playing again.

:same:

The hacking situation is in a really good place. I play exclusively FPP and always in either a duo or squad so ymmv with other modes.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

revolther posted:

Sniper rifles having the big ol' glint would be nice for this game.

lord no

and spotting would make it worse too

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Ice Fist posted:

:same:

The hacking situation is in a really good place. I play exclusively FPP and always in either a duo or squad so ymmv with other modes.

Yeah, I have been playing more R6 lately but the obvious cheaters are almost nonexistent. The daily updates are doing a pretty good job, hopefully some of the previous crowd gives it another shot.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
It's definitely not common, but just yesterday I got killed by a hacker in FPP. Our squad was bridge camping, and we killing the driver of this car crossing the bridge. The passenger leaned out of the window and then when he started shooting his viewpoint changed to being way up in the sky and he killed all 3 of us with 3 bursts. Very obvious hacking. But it seems pretty rare.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
How high do bullets go in this game? Would it be theoretically possible to fire a p92 straight up and hit myself? (I could test but I'm at work right now.)

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
I was wondering why there was suddenly an energy drink on the ground. I think he was trying to swap them out.

No free meds for you!

:bernin:

https://streamable.com/touoq

Unfortunately I think I had to wait juuuust long enough that the guy would not have seen it on the kill cam.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I was wondering why there was suddenly an energy drink on the ground. I think he was trying to swap them out.

No free meds for you!

Unfortunately I think I had to wait juuuust long enough that the guy would not have seen it on the kill cam.

This owns, I've always wanted to do this but always forget.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Love those floating weapons. Can't believe they haven't fixed that bug for over half a year.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Love those floating weapons. Can't believe they haven't fixed that bug for over half a year.

Not really surprised, this is a low priority and low severity bug. It doesn't impact gameplay much if at all.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I've been baiting more recently after watching some videos of people getting kills that way.

Go into a house, drop my best gear outside a bedroom. Go in bedroom and close the door. When I hear my poo poo getting picked up, unload right through the door.

Yes, I'm an rear end in a top hat. (I don't do it too often!)

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

No free meds for you!

There's no way you didn't scare the bajesus out of this guy

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Kind of sucks, OC FPP solos basically don't happen anymore - I queued from 6.30 to 7.30 last night with no games.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

What's the current "best" audio settings, assuming you're just using basic onboard sound and W10?

Here's what I've got right now:
Windows:
Bass Boost: Off
Virtual Surround: Off
Room Corrections: Off
Loudness Equalization: Off
Spatial Sound: Off

PubG:
There are...no relevant settings in the game?

The Wonder Weapon fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 23, 2018

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Flea Bargain posted:

Kind of sucks, OC FPP solos basically don't happen anymore - I queued from 6.30 to 7.30 last night with no games.

yeah this is weird as hell and I ran into the same effect (though I got a game after about 10 minutes). FPP Squads and duos? Literally instant queue.

I reckon there's some matchmaking weirdness at play there tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Ctrl+m