Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
Cosmetic Items:
Name: Neebs
Skill(s): Sales (+20) (on cooldown)
Drinking (+20) (using this turn)
Surgery (+15)
HP: 1/3
Medics: Breaker’s Eye - Upon a failed healing attempt, heal 1 HP for every 100 in the failed roll, rounding up. Additionally, once per combat a Medic may heal an ally that has rolled lower than them 1 HP.
Drunk Oracle - During Downtime, Neebs may make a Drinking roll and answer one question posed by others (her choice). DK answers truthfully and potentially usefully.
Blackened Eye Savant - Humbug may question Neebs as a separate action during downtime with another roll from her (doesn't need to be Drinking) about the Blackened Eyes.
Glory: 11 + 1 posting glory => 12 glory

"I know nothing about ships. Waesh would know, and he seemed to like that one." *Neebs pointed at The Red Maple*. "It seems pretty patchwork, but we might as well take it. What say we name it the Black Eyed Sea?"

"We can probably do this quietly as well. We just need to get drunk and act like sailors returning to their ship. Well, relativly quietly, anyways. If a fight breaks out, it's just some drunken sailors being ruffians, nothing to see."

Neebs didn't wait to see if anyone listened to her plan. She just started drinking and walking towards the docks.

Acting a drunk fool: (1d100ro4e100)+11+20! => 129 + 10 for ritual re-roll on a 2 = 139

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Verika
HP: 1/2
Skills: Perception +40 (cooling), Smithing +55, Understanding +15 (using)
Equipment: Knight's Plate (+3), Ruddy Charger, Blixthäst (+5), Tap Root, Proof-Scraper (+5), Noostran Shield
Cosmetics: Nail and Fist Token (Breaker's Guard), Agenou's Cape Sash, Sikatris Scarf, Basker Cloak, Slightly-Cracked Telescope, Jaune's Broken Nails,
Glory: 35
Ritual Chits: 5 (artwork bonus)

Teret (part 3): Verika was jostled alert in Blixthäst's saddle with a sudden stray thought. She whispered out to the other Unexpectables gathered around her.

"Hey guys," she ventured conspiratorially, "what do you think of this as a name for our new ship: Reina's Revenge!"

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Prince of Space posted:

"Hey guys," she ventured conspiratorially, "what do you think of this as a name for our new ship: Reina's Revenge!"

YES!

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Prince of Space posted:

Aha! Great suggestion! I'd suggest making it a bit more regal - Queen Reina's Revenge, but a classic name nonetheless!

I'm supporting this over my original suggestion of Blue Bastard

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

:;
Name: Hat
Skills: Millinery (+15), Backflips (+25)
Squad: Infiltrator (Shares items with other squadmembers, gets double bonuses from consumables used outside combat)
HP: 3/3
Equipment: Knightly Spear (+3), String-Slayer Armour (+2), Tuned Shield, Lucky Pearl; Sikatris Scarf, Wagnag Jerky[?], ThumbsCrew Mug
Glory: 9 -> 10

No-one in the pub took Hat up on her unspoken offer. And if she was honest with herself, she didn't mind. It was incredibly nice to just eat a good meal and drink a cold beer, and ignore the realities of the war for just a half-hour. So much better than getting a lump of stale bread from an almost-catatonic Patsy. She ate in silence, looking out the pub's window at the sleepy port town. When she'd finished eating, she put the rest of her Fröan currency on the table and headed for the door. As she reached for the handle, someone tapped on her back. Spinning around with one arm already reaching for her spear, Hat relaxed when she saw it was merely the pub's landlord, a kindly, stout Töan male with closely cropped hair. "Thank you for your custom, Ma'am, and...", a nervous look passed over his face. "... there won't be any trouble tonight, will there?"

Hat tried to give the publican a reassuring smile. "Well, given that no guardsman's walked past this place since I came in, 'trouble' is probably already afoot. But, as long as you're not wearing a uniform tonight, you should be fine. Thank you for the food, it was great. Take care." She stepped through the pub's door, then turned back towards the landlord. "Though, keep a couple of water buckets handy, just in case. I'll do what I can to see that it's not necessary, but, you know, we make plans and the OGs laugh, so... yeah. Bye."

Hat made her way back to the Unexpectable base camp, where the available options were explaned to her. She cast her vote for quietly taking the Red Maple, and agreed with Verika and Waesh's suggestion of renaming the chosen vessel the Queen Reina's Revenge. The plan agreed, she headed towards the boat, climbed a nearby building, and backflipped onto the main deck, to make a head-start on infiltrating the vessel.

Backflipping onto the boat!: 2d100+10+25+10 75
Nat 2 reroll +10: 1d100+10 29 for a total of 102.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Crossbow Other stuff Cosmetic

Name: Portha
Skills: Rummaging (20), Cleaning, Imagining (20) (cooldown)
Glory: 27

People didn't want to take the barge, but it could still make a decent distraction. Portha hopped on board and tried to start it, hoping it'd make good bait for the guards to chase after while the Unexpectables slipped away.

Set the barge adrift as a decoy: 1d100+27 47

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Cause
HP
3/3
Skills: Archaeology (using), Balance
Glory21->22

Cause favoured taking the Red Maple, and quietly at that. Happily, Cause's education was relevant, Forcible Airship Commandeering having been a third year subject, and a watership is basically the same, right? Right. So those Froans wouldn't know what hit em.

Commandeering the Red Maple!: 1d100+22+10+2 68

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Skills:Spreading Disease (+25), Cursing, Patience(+25)[CD]
Glory: 17

Grain Annihilator, Loud

Been too busy to post lately, so just a vote for now.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Noggins
Skillcores: Carpentry +35, Precision +20, Leadership
Glory: 15->16
Ritual Glory: 4

Quick post. Quiet, Red Maple.

Board the Maple: 2d100+15+20+5 92

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 24, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

(Dog Kisser here. I got probated like a dork! Posting by proxy!

After a whispered argument it was decided that the Red Maple was the ship for them. Old, scarred, and pitted, the Horde already found a kinship with it. Or alternately weren't that broken up about putting it out of its misery when it smashed against the Gateway Fortress! Either way, that was their ship. Ringo got the message and sabotaged the others, sealing their choice in actuality. ‘Red Maple’ as a name had to go, though. Too close to those bloody reds for comfort, and an honorary member of the Unexpectables needed a cooler name. What, precisely, that name would be remained up in the air, per word of Grimper. “‘Blue Bastard’? We can do better! ‘Bigly Wiggler’? Pull your head out of your rear end! ‘Rogue Rouge’? I can’t spell that poo poo! ‘Hampede’? Somehow that wasn’t Snorkus’ suggestion, and yet I hate it! ‘Black Eyed Sea’? I don’t get it! We need to focus group this, guys!” The Warlord was manic, fingers of his good hand curled around the stone he crouched behind. He wasn’t any use on a stealth mission, and it was evident that he was past ready to get it over with. “We have our ship picked it out, we have our soldiers - we move out. Quietly. No sense wasting your sabotage efforts with explosions and fire.” Those who had already lit torches grumbled and doused them. Finally, someone came up with “Queen Reina’s Revenge”, almost as an afterthought. Grimper snapped and pointed at them, grinning. “Perfect. Perfect! I can just see them shaking in their drat boots as the Revenge plows down the river towards them! But don’t count your butterflies until they hatch, ladies and gentlemen - we still need to seize it! Get going.

(Lots of different votes here, but I interpreted them as go Quiet for Red Maple. Those who voted differently are assumed to have been shamed and coerced into playing along, which may break some intended actions. My bad for making it vague!)

---
As Glog investigated the town, he was unsurprised to find that it was much as any other: full of rivalries, relationships and ignorances that could be exploited for the Horde's benefit. Had he a couple of weeks to work on the place in this guise, he had no doubt that he could make whatever he wanted of it. He could become Mayor within days, he felt sure of it. Then he would surely be able to help his sister's illegitimate child find himself a station in life; nothing major, just a clerk's posi… Splut stepped into an alleyway and peeled the mask off. It was getting harder to stay dissociated. He heard footsteps coming and slapped it back on, playing it off that he had to pick his nose and winking with a pair of eyes. Laughs, back-slaps. He followed his guides around town, taking in recommendations for eateries and pubs, listening to rumours they poured out on him at the slightest provocation. Apparently the Töan forces were on a rampage in Frö, and had already assassinated two Commanders and embarassed Sikatris. Noostra had gone dark, too, though it seemed unlikely that they’d had anything to do with that. “Thumbscrew is probably on the fritz again or something. Rumor has it that Cerveau has an idea for some big upgrade, but that’s above my pay grade!” Interesting.

What else had they heard about the Töan forces? “Nothing solid, my friend. They’re violent assholes, what else is new? It’s all about territory, the King and Queen of both countries pushing us around like game pieces. Hopefully we’re far enough away that we avoid the worst of it. With Nobeard blockading us and raiding our supply lines, we’ve got enough to deal with locally.” Gl-Splut took it all in, his face making the necessary contortions to reassure his friend before he managed to peel away. Veilpiercer - which had drawn no strange glances despite the oddity of its appearance - filed it all away in neat folders in his mind, additionally alerting him to the fact that everything seemed to be coming together for the others. Missing patrols, occasional splashes down by the water, tiny flashes of green half-glimpsed through alleys facing the harbour as he walked. All of them were tabulated and assessed, presented to him in the form of a tiny countdown in the corner of his vision. [Approximate Time Until Departure], it said. He walked a little faster.

(Have some ~story hooks~. Keep in mind the game is somewhat winding down, but I won’t ever fully railroad you guys. As long as you’re enjoying it I can keep it going, just be aware that we do need to end it at some point!)

---
Snödis wasn’t satisfied with simply escaping. She’d seen the plight of the Monsterists in town, many too downtrodden to even lift their heads when she demanded that they follow her to adventure. She presented her recruits to Grimper to join with the others, then quickly made some modifications to the Banner. No longer would the Neötype be held down by the baseline masses, used as nothing more than tools. Now they would be HEROES! And it would begin here, in this city!

She waved her banner high and spoke, her voice resonant and momentarily free of the chittering that had crept in since the surgery:

quote:

"My Cömrades, tonight's raid marks the beginning of the end for the Fröan Tyranny; I say unto you, we will not go silently into the night, but Loudly shall we proclaim our coming! We shall paint the town purple with the blood of our enemies and traitors and loosen the shackles that bind our kind. We shall march on the seat of Öppression and throw it into the uncaring sea! And after that? With our fire burning ever brighter, we shall make for the Gateway Fortress, from whence we can strike at any point in their wretched Empire, wresting from it our birthright! Join me, Comrädes! ¡Viva la Revölución!"
Having said it, she held the banner aloft and began to march towards the mayor’s house. He’d always hated them, always held them down. He would be made an example of. Maybe she’d have one of her Wendigos bite him, show him what it was like to be a ‘freak’! She felt heat and cold rippling through her, her Brand straining to counteract it. But she wanted it to come. She could feel it. Her metamorphosis would make her a beautiful, deadly butterfly, and she would SHOW those who- “Oh, for crying out loud! Snödis, S̢̕͏̷͡T̡̨A҉̨̡Ǹ̷͡D́͜ ̴͠D̶͞Ó͝W̨҉Ņ̛͞” She felt her knees turn to jelly as Grimper’s voice echoed through her skull, even though he’d spoken at barely a whisper. “I could not give less of a poo poo about your personal crusade, Poet. Come back here later after you’ve turned yourself into a damned monster and eat everyone for all I care, but right now you’re MINE. More importantly, you’re ours. You do not have leave to put us all at risk for some wrongheaded idea about justice. Your loyalty is to the crown and the Council that represents her!” His eyes blazed, but he didn’t strike her, didn’t employ the drill he desperately wanted to test out. With a lingering glance at her brothers and sisters in anguished misery, she bitterly turned away.

(Nope too busy for riots! Plus you got outvoted. You did, however, tweak the Banner. Currently,
successful Reckless actions will add +1 to the total Banner bonus. The bonus will apply to the total roll of groups of 5 or more within line of sight. The current Banner bonus is 29, applied automatically to the spreadsheet. Now, in addition succesful Reckless actions by Monsterists or Wendigos (basically if you have a weird visible mutation) will add +3 to the total Banner bonus. That seems a little unfair and racist because Snödis is a little unfair and racist!)

---
The Red Maple was battered, but still in service. Fröman sailors slept down below, and more patrolled the decks. 'Patrol’ was perhaps a strong word; they dozed, shivering by braziers that filled the air with smoke and ruined their night vision. They were intending to ship out the next morning, carrying a shipment to some other port of call where the ship would also receive some much needed repairs. Well, if the Horde had their way, they'd miss their appointment. The first hint of the Unexpectables came whistling in from the cold fog, a barrage of arrows and bolts that felted several watchers before they knew what was happening. The next wave dropped in from butterflies or clambered over the gunwales, sending the survivors scrambling for defensive positions. One doomed genius kept his head down and sprinted for the alarm bell.Ringo swiped at him with the Wendigoad, taking his legs out from under him before flipping him like a pancake into the frigid waters. The rest was just business. Their vigilance insufficient to prevent the ship from falling into enemy hands, the crew of the Red Maple bled out on (or under) her decks. Only Queen Regina’s Revenge remained.

(Easy peasy, not that it would ever have been difficult. You guys snuck in flawlessly, so this part is just the last step. More on the ship later, but suffice to say it’s large enough to hold you and your animals and wagons. It’s got some cannons and boxes in the hold, but we’ll get to that when you have a moment to breathe!)

Loading the thing was a trifle harder. The wagons and animals were shoved roughly onboard and the bodies of the crew tossed into the water. There was no real way of doing this without attracting attention, so instead they did it as quickly as possible. Unsurprisingly, the alarm was raised, but it was far too little, too late. The Unexpectables watched it happen, crowding eagerly over the stern of their new ship to watch the chaos. Hastily-awakened guards and sailors ran down the docks, screaming at them to stop in the name of the law! The Horde took a vote and opted against stopping, and relayed their decision via potshots. Roused now, Teret began to arm up for the coming naval conflict… only things kept going wrong. Cannons were wheeled down the docks, which promptly collapsed, dumping to shocked unfortunates into frigid waters already choked with the corpses of their fellows. The loss of the patrols led to mass panic and confusion, and things were slowed down massively by the need to travel single file along sabotaged boardwalks. And then, when they finally GOT to their boats and filled their sails, many of them simply collided unceremoniously. Hard to turn without a rudder! Ringo got several back slaps for that (well, lower back slaps) and a goodly laugh was had by all. Only Waesh stood at the bow, holding his hat on his head and grinning like a madman.

Grimper whistled for attention and they all turned to watch him. “Alright, ladies and gents, we have our ship!” Cheers, whistles. “Yes, we’re awesome. But they’ll catch up. They’ll fix whatever they can and hunt us down, and frankly they’re better at that than we are. But we’ll worry about that later. Right now, we need this ship repaired, we need to fortify it, we need to figure out how to use these cannons… there’s all kinds of poo poo. Catch some shut eye when you can, because it’s going to be tricky here on out. I don’t know what to expect on our route here, I only know that it’ll be faster than going overland. We’ll just have to improvise, because we are the UNEXPECTABLE HORDE!” Cheers, whistles. “Get to work!”

(Alright, this is Downtime… with a twist. You can do all the regular Downtime stuff including shopping, but you might be attacked at any time and you all have work to do. Get cracking!)

• Fix The Ship [Difficulty 20x]!
    “This thing has seen some better days… also now the name on the side is wrong! Someone will have to paint it in big, bold letters! Also make sure we don’t sink.”
  • Drill With The Cannons [Difficulty 9x Threat 1 Damage 2]
    “I’ll level with you - I’ve never used a cannon. They don’t seem all that complicated, but if it goes wrong I don’t want them to explode in our faces. Go practice.”
  • Fortify Ship [Difficulty 15x]
    “If we’re going to survive until we get there, we’re going to need some armor. See what you can figure out. Cannibalize what you need.”
  • First Watch [Difficulty 30x Threat 15]
    “Expect them to come soon and try to beat us up. They don’t know what we’re doing, can’t possibly be expecting it, but they do know we just embarassed them and bloodied them. They’ll come, alright.”
  • Second Watch [Difficulty 30x Threat 15]
    “Probably a lot of them, actually.”
  • Monsters? [Difficulty 5x Threat 2]
    “Uh, also there may or may not be monsters around. Someone should probably keep an eye out for nasty wildlife.”
  • Steer [Difficulty 1++]
    “I don’t know how to drive a boat. One of you do it.” [i](Failure won’t directly harm the Horde, but it will be inconvenient.”
  • Something Else!
    “What else ya got?”

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 24, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
//
HP:3/3
Glory: 13
Bluffing +25
Charm +25
Camouflage +15 (Using)
Planning +10 (Unused and uninstalled)
Ritual Glory: 5
Infiltrator Captain
Ascended

It was a relief to separate from the mask, and he sincerely hoped it wouldn't need further prolonged use. He reaffirmed his identity as was sometimes necessary after a long term grift, and sought out the Tö under his command.

"Mister Waesh, you have the conn. Steady as she goes. Infiltrators, make yourselves useful as best you see fit in accordance with your talents: You have free rein so long as the outcome benefits the Horde."

As for himself, the Ascended captain got to work on improving both the armor of the ship and using his camouflage core to make it harder to hit by breaking up its visual profile through the skilful use of available materials.

Armor the ship with cunning camouflage: 2d100+28 85

INFILTRATOR STASH
From Splut:

From Humbug:

From Waesh:
(Filling someone elses' unfilled slot)
From Gigs:

From Marra:

From Hat:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

(d6+3, it's cracked!!!)

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging (+55), E̸n͜҉̛͡ģ̛̕i̡̕͟͡͠n̢͘͢e̶͝e̵̵̡͢ŗ̕͏í̶̧͞͡n҉̴̢́̕g̷̛͢ (+50)
b]HP:[/b] 2/2
Glory: 8->9
Breaker's Hand Action: Once per combat can make an additional roll to build fortifications or create siege gear.
Breaker's Hand Bonus: Double the bonus on consumables used for violent combat.
Mutation Countdown: [x] [x] [x] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

There's a small flare of satisfaction in Gado's chest when the docks collapse, but it quickly gutters as the Revenge sails down river.

The ship itself wasn't in the best of conditions, there was a flut of things that needed fixing and upgrading, and drat if Gado wasn't equipped to fix some of that.

Not much digging to be done on a ship, so Gado sets himself to reinforcing the lower decks, the wear of past battles and time having worn away at things more than he's comfortable with.

quote:

Engineering to Fix The Ship: 70

4 glory to Bound to us, all of us.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 25, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Crossbow Other stuff Cosmetic

Name: Portha
Skills: Rummaging (20), Cleaning (in use), Imagining (20)
Glory: 28 26

Portha had barely managed to jump from the grain barge to their ship as it was pulling out of harbor. She was exhausted but orders were orders, the new ship needed to be ship-shape.

Swab the deck: 1d100+38 42

Her nails started glowing in response to her half-assed performance and she suddenly found herself mopping and scrubbing a lot harder.

Reroll: 1d100+38 91

Spending 2 Glory on Bound To Us, All Of Us

Portha then remembered something important, everyone had received Glory at Noostra. The mooks probably couldn't be convinced to part with theirs but the nailbound could probably be ordered to do so. She went over to the nailbound medics and ordered them out of earshot of Zapanda's group and offered them a deal. "You guys are doing great volunteering at this hospital, so we've decided to offer you a deal. Donate all the glory you've accumulated to this new ritual we've invented, it'll help you do your job better and make it easier to focus. We'll even wipe away your criminal record. This is not a request, it's an order, but it's a very good deal for you." Ordering the nailbound to donate their Noostra glory to Bound To Us.

e: missed that we had enough levels of Luck's to reroll.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 03:59 on May 26, 2018

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Cosmetic Items:
Skill(s): Sales (+20)
Drinking (+20)
Surgery (+15)
Medics: Breaker’s Eye - Upon a failed healing attempt, heal 1 HP for every 100 in the failed roll, rounding up. Additionally, once per combat a Medic may heal an ally that has rolled lower than them 1 HP.
Drunk Oracle - During Downtime, Neebs may make a Drinking roll and answer one question posed by others (her choice). DK answers truthfully and potentially usefully.
Blackened Eye Savant - Humbug may question Neebs as a separate action during downtime with another roll from her (doesn't need to be Drinking) about the Blackened Eyes.
Glory: 12 + 1 posting glory => 13 glory

Neebs swaggered into the middle of the deck and loudly proclaimed, "Anshwer your queshtions here. Getcher questihnons anshwered. No queshtion too shmlal."

(no action yet)

Edit:
"Did you guysh know...it's cushtomary to put black marks under your eyes when shailing to block out the sun."

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Ritual Glory 5->0

Splut placed five ritual glory chits into 'Bound to us, all of us', tipped Veilpiercer to Magda, and got back to work.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Sleuth-Off-Hand:

Squad: Infiltration? (it's complicated)
Skill: Sleuthing +40 (using), Submission Holds (Used).
Clues: 13/50 -> 14/50

Half-wit posted:

Neebs swaggered into the middle of the deck and loudly proclaimed, "Anshwer your queshtions here. Getcher questihnons anshwered. No queshtion too shmlal."

As the ship sailed from Teret, Humbug approached Neebs, two hats in hand. If there was anyone in the Horde happy to have some olds-damned questions answered, it would be the Sleuth.

"If it's not too much hassle, I'll claim first dibs. I've gone and borrowed Splut's helmet Artifact, too, since it's supposed to aid making sense of things, and we've a great deal of knowledge to make sense of. It's been quite the number of black-eyed factoids you've been spouting. Better get that mess dealt and sorted with, eh?"

He lifted Veilpiercer to his head, putting his old hat onto a nearby barrel, then quickly grabbed for his notepad and pen as the odd sensation of acute comprehension dawned.

"Look, maybe you haven't realized, but I asked the Administrator for causes of death leading to blackened eyes. It's about something I discovered about Reina's Death - the Queen expired with blackened eyes. The way you've been talking, looks like a bunch of stuff related to black eyes or black on eyes got thrown in, unfortunately. Luckily, Veilpiercer here is going to help me sort it all out, so just tell me what you know about Blackened Eyes and if your throat gets too parched, we'll grab our Thumbcrew cups, drop by the mess and make some nice hot herbal tea for you to drink while answering someone else's question. How's that sound? Sorry for dropping so much on your lap - and in your head - but I've been hard up for answers for too long and had so few opportunities to do something about it."

Humbug is gonna take the first available opportunity to use his FREE query from Neebs as well as borrowing Splut's Veilpiercer to help. Not making a big deal out of claiming Veilpiercer since it's technically Downtime and Humbug is just gonna hand it back after use.

He is NOT using Neebs' main Question for this, so someone else can also have a go. Maybe ask about the [Skipping Lane]?

Sleuthing to question Neebs on the Blackened Eyes: 1d100+40+13 68

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Cosmetic:

Name: Hob

HP 2/2

Glory: 14>15>1>0
Ritual Glory : 1>0

Skill: Singing+20, Contortion+15, Butterfly Riding+20

Notes: Innoculated vs. Monsterism. Rolls 1d4 when exposed to monsterism. On a 1, infection remains.

1 ritual glory dropped in to the bound to all of us pot, seeing it filling up.

Gawp perched on the sail, well away from Snodis. One big bug knew when a bigger bug was about. But the butterfly needed rest, and the deck was too hectic to land on.

Below, Hob was drilling with the others (and trying to work out ranges and things so he could spot from butterfly-back easier.) He wiped his head, it was hard work! But at least they had been able to get it working.

"Captain Starn! Hob waved, dropping the cannon ball he was carrying. "Oops, sorry! I'll be right back." Hopping away from the others who were taking part in the cannon drills, he approached the sharply dressed Captain.

"Umm, this is for you. It should be enough to let you ascend soon if that's what you want to do."

Transfer 14 glory to Starn.

"When you sacrificed the Breakerfly to save everyone, it was a really good thing you did. A lot of people are alive now who wouldn't be if it wasn't for you."

Hob returned to the drills.

"We have the basics down, but if we got a proper rhythm going, maybe we could speed it up?"

🎶So it rolls back, clears out.
Push in, cannonball too.
Roll in, close up
Get the light, fire, boom!🎶

Too fast!

🎶Pull it right back, along the wood track
Clear out the barrel, ready the gun
Pour in the powder, whoa careful now there!
Push in the cannonball, almost all done
Roll out the cannons! Watch yr olecranons
Seal the explosive, fire for fun !🎶

What? Where are we going wrong? I dunno, I think it's an elbow thing?

Ok from the top...

Workshop a sea shanty to load the cannons: 1d100+20 24

Reroll: 1d100+20 82

Hob swaped out to spot from the surface. Watching the angle and range and... Oh hey! Magda was upgrading bows! He was hoping to have time to work on his (would his monsterist bow eat that coolant? Was it flammable? Would anything cool happen?), but that wasn't goign to happen any time soon.

Trade 1 glory plus flatpack to upgrade Hob's Lament to some kind of flowery crossbow?

Loot a weapon?: 1d100 33 Maybe they had some kind of short range battle-gourd or similar heavy squash that could be used as a weapon?

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 30, 2018

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Scribbleykins posted:

"Look, maybe you haven't realized, but I asked the Administrator for causes of death leading to blackened eyes. It's about something I discovered about Reina's Death - the Queen expired with blackened eyes. The way you've been talking, looks like a bunch of stuff related to black eyes or black on eyes got thrown in, unfortunately."

Neebs wheeled to face Humbug at the revelation. "YOU. You're the reashon I keep thinking of black eyed everyfing. I outght to give you one, yknow. A black eye, that ish, would su...sur...serve you right." Neebs made a half-threatening motion as if she were going to wallop Humbug in the face...but instead blurted out: "Wait...who'sh the Adminishtrator?"

Humbug just ignored her and continued on:

Scribbleykins posted:

"Luckily, Veilpiercer here is going to help me sort it all out, so just tell me what you know about Blackened Eyes and if your throat gets too parched, we'll grab our Thumbcrew cups, drop by the mess and make some nice hot herbal tea for you to drink while answering someone else's question. How's that sound? Sorry for dropping so much on your lap - and in your head - but I've been hard up for answers for too long and had so few opportunities to do something about it."

"Oh...ok. That sounds good. Just...uhhh..." Neebs swayed around a little as the boat hit an eddy in the river, "lemme get my bearings." Neebs looked around dumbly. She started to walk towards the bow; but Humbug grabbed her shoulder and turned her around; leading her down to the mess.

"Ah...yeah. This way. Of coursh. Of coursh. Didn't have to be so rough." Neebs leaned heavily on Humbug as they started walking. "Sho the first thing you need to know about Black Eyes related to death is about the infamous and poisonous Brucine Seeds. They're a species of rare plant that only blosshoms near a particular mountain in the country of Plork. The thing about the Brucine Sheed..." The conversation on deck faded as Humbug and Neebs went belowdecks towards the mess.
Blackened Eye Savant - provide info about Black Eyes related specifically to death: (1d100ro4e100)+13! 51

Half-wit fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 25, 2018

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

// //

Name: Waesh
Skills: Piracy +20, Grappling +20, Romance +10
Glory: 8 -> 9

After getting over his initial grumbles about a quiet theft, Waesh couldn't be happier with their results. Excellently done by the Unexpectables, as always! As everyone and all their gear was loaded up and they set off to the satisfying sounds of victims discovering their sabotage, he had assumed Grimper would take the wheel, but when the big man reported he had no idea, Waesh was torn for a moment. Sure, he was known as the pirate, but he hadn't actually been captain or navigator on his last vessel, so it wasn't like he had any real experience directly sailing a ship, usually just busy with the rigging and dozen other tasks involved.

Ah, to heck with it! 'Ahaha! Look alive, lubbers! Captain Waesh on deck!' He swaggered his way up and got to work.

Take the wheel on Queen Reina's Revenge!: 1d100+20+9+10 77

Ack, darn it! This was harder than it looks! Quick, bluster! Yell at the rigging! As long as it seemed he was confident, maybe no-one would notice...

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Humbug reluctantly put down his pen and notebook. He could afford - he should afford - to take a pause to explain to poor Neebs precisely what had happened to her while she was out - besides, his note-taking hand was starting to ache. Apparently Neebs knew a lot about things that could lead to blackened eyes.

"Sobered up some?" he asked, gesturing with his mug at hers - the red coffee cups now filled with nothing but hot, wholesome tea. Even if it didn't get her less drunk, at least it would give her back some of her mental fortitude. She'd need it, as the Sleuth figured he owed it to the poor Tö to at least finally give her a proper rundown of what had gone down - beginning from the moment she got possessed. He told her of the Administrator that had puppeteered her - a true Oldie, kind of. He spoke of the [Skipping Gate] she now supposedly possessed vital information about and sprung the heavy revelations regarding Monsterism's hidden danger and the incredible hardship involved in truly Curing it. He mentioned, in hushed and sober tones, the equally heavy revelations of the Game, the mystery currency Yots that was somewhat akin to Glory and the mysterious Overseers that ordered around their distant giant predecessors. He spoke of all the weirdness that tied it all together, this mystery thing called Script that only Sucy could see with her [Mirror Shackle] Artifact.

"The way I figure it is," he finished, "at the end when Trinh jumped in, a bunch of information had already been bundled up inside you, or in your core, or been made accessible through your core's connection to this Administrator, by way of this Script stuff. It's rare information you got there now, and a drat miracle you survived getting it. We really pushed our luck in getting access to some of it - although medics stood at the ready, and both Verika and Ringo leapt in to save you at the end. I wish I could've done the same, but in lieu of that, I'll accept a shiner, anytime - I had no right to fill your head with black-eyed nonsense, it just wasn't what I thought would happen. Askin' a vague general question gives vague general answers, seems. All I can hope is that the blackened eyes thing won't remain as intrusive in your mind forever, and that it actually gives me the clue I'm looking for."

The Sleuth put down his mug and gave her a faint, worried smile.

"I'll give you a rain check on it, though, 'cause right now you're still looking a bit poorly. Want me to call on Gryph to do you a quick check-up?"

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Verika
HP: 1/2
Skills: Perception +40, Smithing +55 (using), Understanding +15
Equipment: Knight's Plate (+3), Ruddy Charger, Blixthäst (+5), Tap Root, Proof-Scraper (+5), Noostran Shield
Cosmetics: Nail and Fist Token (Breaker's Guard), Agenou's Cape Sash, Sikatris Scarf, Basker Cloak, Slightly-Cracked Telescope, Jaune's Broken Nails
Glory: 35 -> 36
Ritual Chits: 5 (artwork bonus)

The Queen Reina's Revenge (part 1): Verika was one of the first Unexpectables to board the Red Maple before it was so thoroughly commandeered (and renamed) by the horde, but this wasn't done out of any particular bravery or courage on her end. Verika had simply reached a limit to how exhausted she could let herself become, and so she wanted to get it all over with quiet and fast and that meant going in first. She was running on nothing but spare reserves of raw adrenaline and spite for the world and hanging onto the lingering promise of an itchy canvas hammock waiting for her somewhere below decks. First things first: she would have to get Blixthäst situated in the hold below decks, and then she would be able to get undressed from her heavy armor and find a bunk to crash in. Before she could do all that, though, she had to take over the ship with the others, and that meant throwing dead bodies off decks and forcing the original crew to vacate the premises at Tap Root-point, and so on and so forth. It was all such a hassle!

Verika's head had barely touched the taught burlap hammock before she was whisked off to slumberland. In her dreams, she was trapped underground with Neebs in the O.G. Armor. They were rooted to the ground together in O.G. Armor, just out of reach of each other, frozen, unable to stop the other from being sucked completely dry by the O.G.'s until they were nothing but bones... that's when the earth started rocking.

By the time Verika woke up from her dream-riddled sleep, the Queen Reina's Revenge was already out at sea and First Watch's assignments had already been given out. Verika snapped awake with a curse and hit her head on the bunk's ceiling. She was due at work with Magda and her forging equipment, and soon!

Verika got to work looking for spare metals that could be melted down and reforged into something intended for shoring up the ship's defenses. It was complicated and strenuous work, but Verika liked it all the same. Mostly, it kept her busy.

Verika uses Smithing to kitbash together reinforcements for Queen Reina's Revenge: 1d100+55+35 175

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Potrait:

Naim: Mason
Skillz: Mason Hootin' an' Hollerin' +35 Mason MasonryMason'Splosions
HeeP: Mason Mason Mason
Glury: Masonx28 -> 29

No internet for a week is fun! Just some rolls today, but pretend Mason does a huge monologue of gibberish with plenty of obscene gestures to get the boat into working order.

Hootin' and Hollerin' at Mooks to rebuild a boat!: 1d100+63 153

(Re)Build that Boat!: 1d4 3

Roll for more Seege Amoo!: 1d100 93

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 27, 2018

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
Nana the Elder

Cores: Mothering, First Aid, Baking(using)
Glory: 15 -> 2 ->3
Medic Squad

As the town of Teret faded into the distance, Nana sat near the fore of the ship, her snowy hair whipping in the breeze as Waesh guided them towards what was presumably the final step of their harrowing campaign. She wondered if they were really prepared for the Gateway Fortress and all that would lie within...

...Almost certainly not she admitted to herself, but perhaps in some small way she could address that.

Nana stood slowly from the crate she had been resting on and went belowdecks in search of Gryph.

---

Nana found him below, attending to what was almost certainly important captainly duties. She waited patiently for a pause in the action before interrupting and pulling Gryph to an isolated part of the room. She leaned in with a conspiratorial smile and instructed him to hold out his hand.

Nana slid a hand beneath her armor and pulled out a small coinpurse, snapping it open and slowly counting out 13 Glory tokens (My hope is by doing this before my action, Gryph can Ascend and still do his action.)

"Before you say anything honey," Nana said, examining each token before securely pressing it into Gryph's palm. "I've seen you in your meetings with other captains and well... You're my captain, and I just want what's best for you, and darn it I think you deserve to have the best too." She curled his fingers around the small mound and patted a hand on top of his closed fist. "So if you don't mind doing a favor for a silly old woman, I'd like it if you took those tokens and the ones you already have and showed those other captains what the medicine club is made of!"

"But!" Nana waggled a warning finger under his nose, "Don't go telling anyone where you got them from you hear? This is cleaning me out, and it'd just break my heart to have to turn someone else down."

---

(Sometime after Gryph's Ascension)

Nana approached Gryph, her hands clasped behind her back. "Look at you, all big and strong." Nana beamed proudly up at the now much taller Tö, "Those gateway fellas aren't going to know what hit them."

---

Sometime later, Nana began investigating the larder of the ship; if they were going to the Fortress, they needed a little something special, something she was keen to provide...

Bake Apricöt pies: 1d100+2+10 72

There! a lumpy bag stuffed behind several crates of hardtack, she pulled open the top and smiled; dried apricöts, a naval staple. It would be a bit of effort to make them pie worthy, but she felt up to the task.

Cooking pies to save a ration.

BHB fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 25, 2018

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Scribbleykins posted:

Humbug reluctantly put down his pen and notebook. He could afford - he should afford - to take a pause to explain to poor Neebs precisely what had happened to her while she was out.

Neebs sat rather silently through Humbug's explanation of what exactly had happened in the OG Vault. She was...surprised that she'd made it to and through Teret without hearing anything about this. Most of the conversation about the Vault must have happened while she was still passed out and recovering. She'd been assuming this whole time it was just an empty, broken place.

She took a drink from her Thumbscrew Cup filled with hot tea; it was nice and comforting here, having someone to talk to that really seemed to be listening; even if that interest was mainly about black eyes.

She leaned forward in her chair to listen more closely to Humbug's story. She probably should have been angry at Verika and Splut for asking the questions that lead to most of her pain...but, she just didn't have it in her. She'd gotten drunk and hopped in the OGs-damned thing in the first place. It had seemed like a good idea at the time. And anyhow, Verika HAD been prepared to help her immediately afterwards. She made a mental note to find Verika at some point and tell her it was ok, no grudges held.

The news about The Game and Yots was interesting. She just didn't see how it was relevant to the Horde in modern Töday. The OGs had been dead a long time. She wondered if there were some museums that might be interested in purchasing the knowledge. She leaned back in her chair and smiled with mild edacity, thinking of the kind of influence she might be able to gain in high society back home. High society seemed to devour information on the OGs. She made a mental note to look into that as well, if they ever got back to Tö.

Scribbleykins posted:

"I'll give you a rain check on it, though, 'cause right now you're still looking a bit poorly. Want me to call on Gryph to do you a quick check-up?"
"Am I looking a bit poorly?" Neebs blushed, Humbug really knew how to make a girl feel self-conscious. "I'd been assuming this was just my new normal, since the Vault. If you need a break from black eyed knowledge, feel free to take a break to find Gryph. I'll wait here."

On the other end of the mess, Neebs noticed Nana go into the larder. Maybe they'd have more than stale bread Töday.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Skillcores: Disapproving Poetry +40 , Fashion +30, Secretly Murdering Innocents + 10
HP: 3/3 (3 wire)
Glory: 7->8->0
Ignomity: -18
Ritual Glory: 1->2->0
Banner Bonus: ??
Doomsday Timer: [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] :siren:

quote:

Snödis, S̢̕͏̷͡T̡̨A҉̨̡Ǹ̷͡D́͜ ̴͠D̶͞Ó͝W̨҉Ņ̛͞! Get over here this instant!

Headmaster Grimpner was angry at her again. She had crossed the line this time, going beyond her appointed station in life or some such nonsense. She knew she wasn't allowed at the front with the baseliners, that she and her ilk was to stand obediently at the back and not make a fuss, but they could hardly begrudge her youthful matriotism now, could they?

Little Snödis waved her flag enthusiastically as the Queens float rode by, weaving expertly through the cheering crowds as only a Royal Float Driver could manage. The float itself depicted some great victory or other, though no one had told her over who or what, but even if anyone had cared to indulge her she would not have listened. No, not when she might chance to glance The Dress through the bulky mass of Tö in between her and the Royal Centerpiece.

From the subtle hints of crimson through all the shades of blue, to the scintillating golden crown that, indeed, crowned her Royal head, Queen Reina waved to all assembled clad in the most magnificent of gowns.
Rumour had it that the dress, known in Fashionista circles as 'The Sea of Blood' had been crafted by none other than the legendary Mömö, the only tailor in all of Tö and Frö both who had managed to achieve a Perfect Tailoring Skillcore.

Snödis swooned where she stood (heartbeat fading, coldsweat dripping) at the sight of it, at the sight of her Queen, before she felt the firm grip of the Headmaster hand on her shoulder
"What did I tell you about sneaking off, young lady?" "I'm sorry, Headmaster, I won't do it again... Are we still going camping tonight?" "Only if you learn to behave! Now, off with you, before I give you a thrashing!"

She ran away to catch up with the rest of her class, since the Queen had already passed at any rate. There she met with Trinh, Hob, Dack and Qwäg her only friends in the whole wide world to discuss what was to come.
"Hey comrädes. Wow, wasn't that something? I can't believe how beautiful she is, and how mean old Grimpner can be! Anyway, I think we are still up for camping tonight, so you better all report to Camp Councilor Noggins if you want your merit badges, I'd join you but I have to finish my tent first, it got a few rips the last time we went out. You know how it is? I don't want to have to sleep in the cold again... I just hope I can finish it in time..."

Snödis stared into space for a few moments (shes going catatonic! Someone get the medic!) before she continued: but if worst comes to worst and I cant make it, do go on without me, yeah? And if you see my Tö-päin, tell him i...
No. I shouldn't be thinking like that, it's only a tent! Haha, Look at me all melodramatic all of a sudden. Tk tk. Just tell him I said Hi, OK? Thank you, you guys are the best!

//

Snödis spread her wings and tensed her claws, climbing up the main mast to the crowsnest, over the din of construction and the frightened yells of all around her. She had been acting stranger than usual and now she seemed completely out of it.
The people below her, the Neötypes and monsterist mooks she had hastily assembled before being dunked on and reigned in argued amongst themselves if they should just leave her be or attempt to drag her back down and into the medibay, but in the end decided on the former as the Doctors there stationed reminded them of the risk of infection and worse that could accompany Wendingofication, especially of the ascended variety as that had never before been attempted in the Horde.

Fashion to go camping build a cocoon.: 2d100+30-18 = 155

She covered herself and the crows-nest she was in, in sticky webbing and pieces of cloth, all according to ancient instinct. Her cores were running at over-drive and her pulse had long since stopped.
Snödis had no idea where she was or even what she was doing, only that whatever it was, doing it that way felt right. When at last she was done she was alone, in the warm and in the dark, cut off from the rest of the world, with only herself, her madness and her rampancy for company.

---

Snödis is cocooning herself in the crows-nest to help with her Imminent Rampancy. 155 to this.
Snödis is donating 8 regular and 2 ritual glory to her butterfly-wing-backpack-abomination, hoping that will be enough to let it mature.
Snödis is ordering the Neötypes to report to Noggins until further notice.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Half-wit posted:

"Am I looking a bit poorly?" Neebs blushed, Humbug really knew how to make a girl feel self-conscious. "I'd been assuming this was just my new normal, since the Vault. If you need a break from black eyed knowledge, feel free to take a break to find Gryph. I'll wait here."

Humbug chuckled and turned as the ship swayed, steadying himself against the doorway. "'Poorly' as in 'still suffering from trauma and bloodloss', Neebs. Your appearance is fine!" he reassured her and smiled a bit more warmly to show her he hadn't meant any offence. "Zapanda calls it 'returning to a phenotypical average', so your current looks probably hails back to something like whatever ancient form of Tö your line originally hailed from. Y'know, like the empty fölk lining the side of the Administrator Vault that it said could be revived with Yots by an Overseer."

The Sleuth paused as something - be it his Sleuthing instinct or the Artifact on his head - dredged up a pair of memories.

"You essentially got the same treatment as Hob and Verika and the rest who survived the Defrögmentör Crucible back in Fostis did, only with less of your bits removed. Or, possibly, what would happen if someone with mild Monsterism were to use an application of Compound S256 - sorry, the 'Red Goop' - from Nägel. 'course, we now know that does nothing to the underlying problem with the Script that messed 'em up in the first place. Ahum... anyway, you just enjoy that tea and don't worry none. I'm sure Gryph will be happy to recommend a couple solutions to what ails you."

Realzing he'd gone off on an impromptu tangent, Humbug gave an awkward tip of Veilpiercer and went to make good on his promise to find Gryph. He glanced over his notepad while he did and saw that the notes in the margins had grown thicker than usual under Veilpiercer's influence - collated evidence, conclusions drawn - the thing was scarily perceptive, but seemed to lack, well... guidance. Was that him, or was it the Artifact itself? With a sigh and a warm nod at a passing Nana, he managed to locate Gryph holding a lovingly hand-sewn token bag. The Sleuth raised an eyebrow, then looked over his shoulder at Nana, and didn't need Veilpiercer to put two and two together even as it warned him something was in the process of happening to the medics' Captain.

"How are you, Gryph? Neebs is down in the Mess and I think she could stand some extra attention. That is, if you have any to spare right now?" asked the Sleuth, gesturing at the bag, his face an open question. Was the Medics' Captain, going to Ascend right in front of him like when he'd met with Splut? Well, however it worked, it didn' take immediately, so the Sleuth forged on.

"Also, as a heads-up, I'd like to get a couple of second opinions on some of these Blackened Eyes factoids. I'm looking for things related to lack of breathing, or anything to do with the neck. Vague, I know. Building a case on so little information isn't easy, but... at least I have a lot of probable causes to sort through."

Scribbleykins fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 25, 2018

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Stårn
Skills: Siege Weapons +20, Butterfly Beastmaster +15, Timing +25
Glory: 49->50

Mason and Gado were already hard at work fixing up the ship the horde had captured, but for some reason their Captain was not overseeing the construction as he usually was. No no, Stårn was far too... busy below deck.

"Yes..."

"YESSS AHAHAHAH" Stårn cackled with a mad gleam in his eyes as he caressed one of the cannons the ship was equipped with, "Such amazing Sieging potential..! Such beauty", he almost cooed as he spoke, "Yes, yes indeed! You know, we'll be taking you with us once we leave this ship, yes we'll give you a good home. And many Sieging opportunities, yes."

But first, they had to get to know each other a little bit better. And so, Stårn departed (what if very reluctantly) to gather the parts of Siege Team 6 that were still free, as well as mooks and other assorted volunteers to help him with this task.

~~~~

Whilst searching for his volunteers, Stårn was accosted by Hob. Stårn listened to what the man had to say, idly stroking the bits of breakerfly wing still faintly shimmering with power as the topic gave up. After Hob was done, Stårn was silent for a moment, as if thinking of something to say.

"...Sieging is a numbers game. It's what pa used to say, and really it's just conventional Sieging wisdom. And I taught my former steed all about Sieging", he patted the bits of wing at his belt, "So I like to think that he died knowing he was being the best Sieger he could be."

"But yes, thanks for the acknowledgement, soldier. And the gift as well. I'll be sure to put it to optimal Sieging use!"

Siege Weapons for Cannons!: 1d100+55=115 that's actually a 129 because of the 14 Glory that Hob gave me whoops

this 14 Glory also puts me at 50 Glory total so it's time for Stårn to Ascend oh boy

Theantero fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 25, 2018

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
(Dog Kisser here. I got probated like a dork! Posting by proxy!)

Magda’s stoic facade was thoroughly broken by the daring theft of the Queen Reina’s Revenge. She hooted and laughed with the rest of them, mocking the fools of Teret for not having seen them coming. Then she sighed and got back to work. She saw Sucy eyeing her with interest but held up a warning finger - she had to get to work doing the mundane quartermastery stuff because she could really dig into. Also… this was a one way trip. Her wagons and stuff likely wouldn’t survive the probably collision with the Gateway Fortress, so she’d need to downsize a bit. She’d think about it. For now, she wrangled up some loose Hordemates and had them set up her shop. As an afterthought, she directed some of them downstairs to haul up the cargo. They cracked the crates open gleefully, but it wasn’t anything terribly amazing. Some dried fruit, blankets, clothing of various stripes, some workmanlike arms and armor, and a box of Wagnag horns, probably for medicinal purposes. Although… hadn’t Portha worked out some crazy bow with a Wagnag horn base? It didn’t look that tough to replicate. She shrugged, then added that to her list.
    Weapon [5 4 Glory] - Many different weapons can be found or forged in this world of war. Whatever their appearance, they serve to separate men from their lives.
    Encompasses swords, spears, gauntlets, etc. Adds +1 to Combat rolls. Can be used to upgrade existing weapons by 1 each time this is purchased. Describe it when you buy it, though weapons purchased from the quartermaster are of workman-like quality only.
    Armour [5 4 Glory] - Plate, leather or bone put between you and the blades of your enemies. It will do, in a pinch, but if your enemy's tenacity overwhelms your skill you may as well be wearing parchment.
    Encompasses leather armour, plate, etc. Removes 1 from the enemy Combat rolls. Can be used to upgrade existing armour by 1 each time this is purchased. Describe it when you buy it, though armour purchased from the quartermaster are of workman-like quality only.
    Shield [5 4 Glory]- A great slab of tough material sits between you and certain death. Treat it well, and it will save your life.
    Blocks 1 Damage (to yourself) in Combat, then breaks.
    Crossbow Upgrade [3 Glory]- The Wagnag horns were the missing ingredient in replication of Portha’s device. Go nuts with new technology!
    Upgrade any bow to a Heavy Crossbow - upgrade will reflect whatever the base weapon was! Having a Flatpack or Drum will decrease the Glory cost to 1!
    Cowardclaw [5 Glory] - A sickly-yellow flower. Its smell is repulsive and cloying - perhaps that will be enough to turn the blade away from you and towards your ally?
    If you would take Damage during Combat, reroll. If you roll higher than another above you, they take your place.
    Makeshift Sacrifire [10 Glory] - A foul concoction of volatile chemicals, much rougher than a proper formulation would be. It ought to do the trick!
    Can be used during any combat to instantly roll a natural 100 - and then die. However, due to its unfinished nature, roll 1d100 (no modifier) when you use it. On a 1, it backfires, sending the deadly energy at your allies! Despite the mess, harvesting of Skillcores and Gear proceeds as normal.
    Boomstick [5 Glory] - A canister of compressed explosive, easily activated with a small flame. Risky in enclosed areas, but deadly against structures or slow-moving creatures!
    Explosives +25, One Use
    Mining Pick [5 Glory] - A simple pick used to break up rock in mines or to dig holes.
    Mining +25, One Use
    Grappling Hook [5 Glory] - A hook attached to a length of rope, making climbing tall ledges a breeze!
    Climbing +25, One Use
    Charm Manual [3 Glory] - Genuine charm, straight from the master himself! A good primer, at least.
    Charm +10, One Use
    ”Plague Grenade” [2 Glory] - Not much of a grenade, but you certainly wouldn’t want to hit you right in the face or mouth...
    Spread Disease +5, One Use
    Precise Arrow [3 Glory] - Cleverly designed the curve unexpectedly through the air before striking the target.
    Ranged Attack +10, One Use
    Fostis Ale [5 Glory] - A delicious cask of (lightly contaminated) local Fostis Ale! Share it with your friends! Bribe your enemies! Or bribe your friends and share it with your enemies, I'm not your mother!
    Camaradery +25, One Use
    Clean Bandages [5 Glory] - Much better bandages than the crap she had here before!
    Healing +25, One Use
    Scolopherine [10 Glory] - Harsh drugs to force a failing body into consciousness. Packs a wallop, but leaves a nasty headache in its wake.
    Reroll medical roll, One Use
    Compound S256 [5 Glory] - Red goo! Apparently it can cure minor Monsterism, so if you’re sick of having weird eyes or four thumbs, this is what you need.
    Cure Minor Monsterism +50, One Use
    Monsterism Innoculant [5 Glory] - Blue goo! Apparently it can innoculate against Monsterism, pretty much.
    Grants lasting immunity to infection from Monsterists of various types. One Use
    Heartshock [10 6 Glory] 3 in Stock - A powerful drug that speeds recovery sharply. Slightly addictive.
    Restores 1-2 HP, One Use
    Heartshock Tablet [10 Glory] - Heartshock concentrated into a pill. It’s harsh stuff, but it’ll keep you alive. Addictive.
    Restores 2-3 HP, One Use
That done, she turned to the Rituals. She had a lot of options, now, legacy of a Horde who constantly fed her novel and bizarre new ideas and experiences. They were strong, these Unexpectables. She wondered how far they would go - and if it would be enough.
Rituals
Expensive, dangerous, magic. Not easy to perform, not easy to afford, but well worth it to increase the Horde’s survivability. Only a few are available now, but exploring ruins and sacking libraries can discover new ones. The Horde can pay into these gradually, activating them eventually once the required total is met.
  • Harvester’s Necessary Duty [0/50 Glory] - Building on the last Ritual, this one further improves the ability to preserve the fragile organs… and to seek out particularly fine cuts.
    Gain and additional 1d6 bonus Skillcore drops after combat - and a chance of finding advanced cores.
  • Luck’s Empty Sockets [0/50 Glory] - The final Ritual in the chain, the wielder gains the ability to topple the walls of their own misfortune upon their opponent, unlocking a violent burst of power from within.
    Reroll Combat and Conflict rolls on a 4-5 - on a 1, reroll with +30, on a 2, reroll with +20, on a 3, reroll with +10. If the reroll is a number between 1-5, roll 100 automatically.
  • Monsterist’s Beastly Hunger [0/50 Glory] - Building on the last Ritual, this one further infuses the Horde with the beneficial aspects of high Monsterism. In this case, it triggers the freakish regeneration inherent to all such creatures, though constrained and purified by the Ritual's code.
    If 100 is rolled naturally, gain 1 HP, roll again and add the result. If at full health, the next highest roller gains the HP.
  • One Million Drops of Boiling Blood [0/70 Glory] - Recently freed from an Old Guy Vault, this Ritual unlocks the tiny sparks of Esprit lingering in all who fight and fear and kill.
    Horde members may sacrifice one HP to roll an additional 1d100. This can be done multiple times, though each will cause a stigma on your body. It is entirely possible to kill yourself using it - your action will trigger prior to death. Mooks CAN use this, but generally won’t.
  • Bound To Us, All Of Us [0/70 Glory] - This Ritual combines the arcane power of the Thread with the fell knowledge of the Inhabitated and twists it. When ten or more individuals turn their powers towards it, a defeated, helpless, or captured enemy can be turned to the Horde’s side. This will effectively overwrite their former alliances, leaving them pliable and helpful.
  • Heartwood Weathers The Harshest Storm [0/50 Glory] - This Ritual borrows a portion of the Inhabiteds’ uncanny resilience. When a user is reduced to 0, they are instead Crippled, remaining at 1 HP but losing 1 Max HP. They also visibly lose a limb or take some other sort of horrific damage. If they are already Crippled, they are Mangled, remaining at 1 HP but losing 1 Max HP, bringing them to 1/1 and further visibly ruining them. If they are reduced to 0 again, they are out of luck… but they do not die, they are merely too shattered to continue fighting.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
yaaaaaaaaaaay off probation i didn't learn anythingggggg

But yeah, oops. I'll try to avoid that in the future.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I'm going to buy myself another ale, and put 4 glory towards Heartwood Weathers The Harshest Storm

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Name: Gryph
Glory: 37 -> 38 -> 50
Skill: Medicine (20), Wrestling (20)

Gryph grumbled as he awoke onThe Red Maple, soon to be christened Queen Reina's Revenge. He'd been busy drinking with some of the merchant's, keeping low, swapping horror stories and trying to figure out which boat would have been best. Unfortunately, the dock workers and sailors could drink like fish, and Gryph found himself hard in his cup by the time the Horde had boarded. He'd even missed seeing the effects of the horde's sabotage, searching more for a corner or bucket to throw up in. While his drunkenness had faded, he now had the beginnings of a hangover. The Diagnosis: too much Alcohol. A round of water and a quiet night, the treatment.

Bad news, he wasn't getting it. More than a few Horde members needed help, or at least a spare set of hands, and Gryph was making sure of the ship supplies of medical goods was well, ship-shape. Upside was the ship itself having a record of expected medical goods. It was here that Nana approached him.

Nana posted:

Nana found him below, attending to what was almost certainly important captainly duties. She waited patiently for a pause in the action before interrupting and pulling Gryph to an isolated part of the room. She leaned in with a conspiratorial smile and instructed him to hold out his hand.

Nana slid a hand beneath her armor and pulled out a small coinpurse, snapping it open and slowly counting out 13 Glory tokens (My hope is by doing this before my action, Gryph can Ascend and still do his action.)

"Before you say anything honey," Nana said, examining each token before securely pressing it into Gryph's palm. "I've seen you in your meetings with other captains and well... You're my captain, and I just want what's best for you, and darn it I think you deserve to have the best too." She curled his fingers around the small mound and patted a hand on top of his closed fist. "So if you don't mind doing a favor for a silly old woman, I'd like it if you took those tokens and the ones you already have and showed those other captains what the medicine club is made of!"

"But!" Nana waggled a warning finger under his nose, "Don't go telling anyone where you got them from you hear? This is cleaning me out, and it'd just break my heart to have to turn someone else down."

Gryph stared in disbelief as Nana gave her hard-earned glory up.He'd never ask for his squad to give up such an important tool, but he wasn't going to turn down what was freely offered. Her trust in him was humbling, and Gryph knew he would have to work hard to repay it. "Thank you, Nana. Rest assured, I'll put them to good use." He could already feel his cores buzzing with the weight of glory near him.

Humbug posted:

With a sigh and a warm nod at a passing Nana, he managed to locate Gryph holding a lovingly hand-sewn token bag. The Sleuth raised an eyebrow, then looked over his shoulder at Nana, and didn't need Veilpiercer to put two and two together even as it warned him something was in the process of happening to the medics' Captain.

"How are you, Gryph? Neebs is down in the Mess and I think she could stand some extra attention. That is, if you have any to spare right now?" asked the Sleuth, gesturing at the bag, his face an open question. Was the Medics' Captain, going to Ascend right in front of him like when he'd met with Splut? Well, however it worked, it didn' take immediately, so the Sleuth forged on.

"Also, as a heads-up, I'd like to get a couple of second opinions on some of these Blackened Eyes factoids. I'm looking for things related to lack of breathing, or anything to do with the neck. Vague, I know. Building a case on so little information isn't easy, but... at least I have a lot of probable causes to sort through."

Gryph felt guilty as Humbug walked up, his face carefully schooled into an expression of benign disinterest. Gryph had no doubt that Humbug had pieced together that he held Nana's Glory, but if the Sleuth had opinions, he didn't share them. Gryph hoped he didn't send the wrong signal: he liked Humbug, who'd shown conviction and a wish for the truth above all else. Tucking the bag in his belt for later, Gryph nodded to the Sleuth. "On it, but you're coming with me. I still haven't made sure your Nail wounds aren't infected. As for black eyes..." Gryph thought back to his training. "Poison could cause black colouration in the blood and a burst vessel in the eye would cause a large staining... but the pressure would have to be quite high for a fully black eyeball. Which poison could cause, although death would be suffocation, either via blood pooling in the lungs or restricted airflow caused by swelling in the neck. There's lack of breathing. I'm not sure what poison could cause all of those symptoms, but there may be one out there."

Arriving at Neebs, Gryph grinned jovially. "You look like poo poo!" he joked with his lieutenant. "Let's make sure it's just the drinking killing you."

Healing roll: Checking scars and Cuts: 1d100+20+50 134

----

It was later, in an abandoned room. Not bad with a needle and thread, Gryph had the time to try and increase his garment size. He'd seen what Ascension had done to Splut's suit, and he needed his armour a little longer. Pulling it off, Gryph took a deep breath. "Here we go..."

Gryph Ascends!

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Name: Dack
Skills: A̵̕t̷͢͡͏̡h̷͟͡͏ļ̵̶̧̀ę̷̢͡t̨̧͘i̵̕҉̴͡c̢͘͜͠s͏̨́̕ (Using), Ą̀͠c̵̢͡͠͏r̴̸̛͝͡o͘͢͜͡b͜à̵̡̕t̷̢̀͜i̸̸͞c͘͟s̀͜͟, Laughing +25
HP: 1
Glory: 29>30

Captain Snödis was having another of her...episodes, which meant the Neötypes had to figure out what to do on their own. Technically they were supposed to report to Noggins, but she was probably busy fixing the boat or giving orders to her own squad, and it felt weird to take orders from someone besides his Captain or the Warlord. Besides, there were rumors about monsters hiding underwater, which sounded like a lot more fun to deal with than working on the ship. More than anything, Dack needed something to distract himself from worrying about whether or not Snödis would survive her transformation.

Hunting Monsters: 1d500+50+30 214

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 8 - > 9 -> 8 (X-Bow) -> 3 (Boomstick)
Skills: Mushrooms +25
Kicking +45
Calculation +20

Standing at the edge of the recently "liberated" Revenge, Sucy watched Teret grow smaller as they gained distance from it. Turning around, she saw Magda start getting her wagon ready for the usual sales process. Magda looked at her and signaled that she'd have to finish this first, so Sucy decided to help her out by going below deck and making sure that the mooks didn't miss anything important when they looted the ship.
The Revenge looked like it was a military ship, so perhaps it contained some supplies for Gornichon and she could pilfer a Frölkyrie Battle Dress from its holds.
Loot a Frölkyrie Battle Dress from the Revenge's Cargo hold: 1d100 81

After thoroughly searching the hold, Sucy returned back up top, to see what the rear end-Kicker intended on teaching her.
rear end-Kicking with Magda: 2d100+45+8 228

After they finished, Sucy took the opportunity to upgrade her Bow-Harp to a Crossbow, trading in her flatpack and buying a boomstick, they'd probably need it when they arrived at the Gateway Fortress.

When she had finished, she spotted Neebs drunkenly stumbling across the deck with script showing up on her eyes. She was probably suffering from aftereffects of the possession she had gone through before. But if there was still a link between her and the administrator, perhaps it could be used to gather some more information. Sucy approached her and asked her Where is the Central Core?

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 28, 2018

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Noggins
Skillcores: Carpentry +35, Precision +20, Leadership
Glory: 16->17
Ritual Glory: 4->0

Noggins whistled a cheerful tune as she set herself to the task of repairing the ship. There were patches to be shaped, cracks to be tarred, boards to replace... and it wasn't just that she was building something. They'd gone into Teret, and come out of Teret, and while there had been quite a lot of mayhem at the docks--the deaths had been minimal. Yes, there were the unfortunates who'd been aboard the former Red Maple, and probably quite a few injuries at the docks, but that was a far cry from what had happened at... well, at just about anywhere else the Horde had been. It was a nice, clean victory, miraculously unsullied by war crimes or atrocities. Not even the continued whispers about the OGs, or Snödis's incredibly disturbing cocoon up on the crow's next could ruin it. That was going to be... interesting. Noggins honestly wasn't sure what she wanted to happen with that. On the one hand, Snödis was a fellow hordemate. But on the other hand, whatever came out of that cocoon would be... well, her imagination was failing her on this one, and she wasn't too unhappy about that. But it would most likely be very, very, bad. She set that aside. No reason to spoil a good mood.

"Hey, Gabber! the crow's nest is... occupied right now, so I want you on one of the watches. Verika's tied up with the ship, and alongside her, you're the best eyes we've got. I need you on point so we can make sure that sailing goes smoothly here--if we get ambushed in a boat that we don't really know how to sail, in the middle of the night, I don't like our chances. Pythag, I'm hearing people saying that there's some kind of monster out in the woods. I'm hoping that that's not the case, but I want you to look into it. Round up some mooks to go with you, and be careful."

Make the Ship Shipshape: 2d100+35+16 215
4 Ritual Glory towards Luck's Empty Sockets

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Cosmetic Items:
Skill(s): Sales (+20)
Drinking (+20) (using this turn)
Surgery (+15)
Glory: 13

sheep-dodger posted:

When Sucy had finished, she spotted Neebs drunkenly stumbling across the deck with script showing up on her eyes. She was probably suffering from aftereffects of the possession she had gone through before. But if there was still a link between her and the administrator, perhaps it could be used to gather some more information. Sucy approached her and asked her Where is the Central Core?

Drunk Oracle: Answer "Where is the Central Core?": (1d100ro4e100)+13+20! 96

(Didn't see any other questions, so this question is what you suckers get answered.

Recording here for posterity, the conversation from discord about the "likely" answer, because I found it to be hilarious:
3:42 PM] sheep-dodger (Sucy): gonna inquire about the location of the core
[3:42 PM] sheep-dodger (Sucy): and then turn this ship around and find it
[3:42 PM] sheep-dodger (Sucy): Gateway Fortress can wait
[3:42 PM] Half-wit (Neebs): Lol
[3:43 PM] AJ_Impy (Splut): We know where it is.
[3:43 PM] AJ_Impy (Splut): Isn’t it obvious?
[3:43 PM] AJ_Impy (Splut): Fostis.
[3:43 PM] sheep-dodger (Sucy): :eyepop:
[3:43 PM] sheep-dodger (Sucy): gotta go back to Föstis
[3:44 PM] AJ_Impy (Splut): We gotta.
[3:44 PM] paper bag with a face (Grumbus): Fostis?
[3:44 PM] paper bag with a face (Grumbus): Did someone say Fostis?
[3:44 PM] Half-wit (Neebs): We gotta go back to Fostis
[3:45 PM] AJ_Impy (Splut): It’s the only option.
[3:46 PM] paper bag with a face (Grumbus): We GOTTA go back, we just GOTTA
)

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

:;
Name: Hat
Skills: Millinery (+15), Backflips (+25)
Squad: Infiltrator (Shares items with other squadmembers, gets double bonuses from consumables used outside combat)
Equipment: Knightly Spear (+3), String-Slayer Armour (+2), Tuned Shield, Lucky Pearl; Sikatris Scarf, Wagnag Jerky[?], ThumbsCrew Mug
Glory: 10 -> 11

As she jumped onto the Red Maple's main deck, Hat couldn't shake the look of terror she'd seen in the publican's eyes before. She soon realised why: standing guard on the port side was a very familiar face. A kindly, stout male with close-cropped hair. It could have been the publican's twin brother, if not for this guard's red Fröan skin. Could they be twins? Was that even medically possible? Hat knew that, deep down, she wouldn't be able to kill this soldier, so she snuck up beside him and just pushed him overboard unawares. Hopefully he'd hear the screams of the rest of the Horde going to work and swim to the shore. And if not, well, Hat had tried her best to spare someone this night. She focused insted on tossing the rest of the bodies overboard, checking their pockets for what meagre scraps the Fröan navy gave these doomed souls.

And sooner than she'd expected, the ship was loaded with all the wagons and the Unexpectables were afloat. As they set sail, Hat was relieved to see that Teret's destruction was limited to the docks, and there were no fires currently spreading through the town. Wait, why relieved? These people were the enemy! A soldier that can't kill is like a hat's crown with no brim! No good to anyone. Think of the queen. Think of the killing fields of Noostra. You're part of the Queen Reina's Revenge now, so act like it! Her mind reeling, Hat's hands reached into her pockets, and found some needle and thread. She looked up; some of the sails could use some patching up. Hat closed her eyes and let her skillcore take over. Anything to stop the maelstrom of thoughts raging in her head.

Repairing the sails (Fix the ship): 2d100+11+15+10 132

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Name: Ringo!
HP: 3/4
Glory: 6>7
Skill: Firestarting, Whistling+30 (using), Surgery
Hotswap Skillcores: Accuracy, Pigilante Justice, Cross Stitching, Bee Keeping, Lifting +15, Lockpicking, Kissing, Weaving +15, Avoiding Notice
Other: Rolls 10d100, may optionally reroll lowest. May either roll an additional 1d100, or grant a reroll to an Ally.
Medic Squad.

Ringo couldn't help but laugh as they set sail from Teret. It all went so cleanly; The horde really needed a win like this! He made circuit of the boat, checking on what needed doing. It seemed like things were under wraps. The Horde was blessed with competent and proactive individuals. If they weren't they'd probably all be dead by now. Probably.

He clambered up the rigging to the crow's nest, only to find Snodis doing something weird and disturbing up there. He jumped to the second mast, and perched high in the ropes like a spider. Someone had to keep watch, and it might as well be him. To pass the time, and keep everyone alert, he whistled a jaunty tune.

Keep First Watch (+Whistling): 10d100+6+30 410 [10d100=49, 8, 7, 5, 99, 10, 67, 27, 34, 68]
Reroll that 5: 1d100 96 (+91)
Using Extra Roll: 1d100 33
Total: 534

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 29, 2018

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Skills:Spreading Disease (+25), Cursing, Patience(+25)
Glory: 18->10

Grumbus excitedly raced up and down the deck of the Revenge, occasionally having to stop for a wheeze break. He'd never been on a boat before! Some dinky canal skiffs, sure, but not a real boat on the open ocean! After the initial wave of excitement came the inevitable waves of nausea. "This is bullshit!", Grumbus complained to no one in particular, "Seasickness isn't even a real disease!"

He turned to work to distract himself. Grumbus patiently worked on the cannons, making sure to keep a bucket nearby.

Patiently work on the cannons!: 1d100+25+18 49 lol
Spending 4 glory to upgrade Gross, Heavy Bag +4 to Bübonic Bag +5
Also spending 4 glory to upgrade Plague-slayer Garb + 3 to +4

After the boss signed off on his (psuedo?) proficiency with a cannon, Grumbus shambled over to Hat. "Hey, uh, you got a minute?", Grumbus rasped, "I'm a Töan of exceptional, uh, baldness. Haven't had a hair on my head in ages, pretty sure I scared it off. Now, I'm fine with that, but with all this marching and whatnot, I've been getting the worst sunburns. Can you set me up with something stylish? Doesn't have to be now, whenever you have time."

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

||
Name: Trinh
Skills: Taxidermy(+50), Jumping(+40)
HP: 1/1
Glory: 32 -> 33
Ritual Glory: 1

Taking second watch.

Second Watch: 1d500+32 92

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

paper bag with a face posted:

After the boss signed off on his (psuedo?) proficiency with a cannon, Grumbus shambled over to Hat. "Hey, uh, you got a minute?", Grumbus rasped, "I'm a Töan of exceptional, uh, baldness. Haven't had a hair on my head in ages, pretty sure I scared it off. Now, I'm fine with that, but with all this marching and whatnot, I've been getting the worst sunburns. Can you set me up with something stylish? Doesn't have to be now, whenever you have time."

Her work on the sails complete, Hat climbed down and grabbed a drink of water, which was where Grumbus found her. "Oh, absolutely, I can make you something to protect yourself with. Maybe one of those hats the soldiers wear in the desert, hmm? And I'll try and match your current armour colouring as much as possible. I'll get right on it!" Hat went below decks, grabbed her hat-making equipment, found a suitably well-lit, quiet spot and, her skillcore still thrumming softly, started to sew.

Here we are! Modelled on the French Foreign Legion's Kepi hat, with colours changed to match Plague-Slayer Garb and a black biohazard symbol to represent Grumbus's speciality. Apologies for the inelegant paintjob!