Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

rjmccall posted:

cache reveals everything around me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Potato Salad posted:

I'm the $35k payout with a $1,337 bonus.

Actually it was a 30k payout plus $1,337 bonus, plus 5k for another bug. Also prompt payout which is pretty nice.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Actually it was a 30k payout plus $1,337 bonus, plus 5k for another bug. Also prompt payout which is pretty nice.
according to the article,

Achmed Jones posted:

it was $31337 for rce and $5k for a different issue

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

smh if you didn't already know their payout and tax forms

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Right. But in order to keep his concept of a "bonus" I threw the 1,337 in there. The official amount of an RCE bounty is $31,337, which is already a pretty great "bonus."

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

here's one I haven't seen before

WHOIS is disappearing – confirm your ownership now! posted:

On May 25, 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation will take effect. This means the WHOIS will “disappear”. In the new public record system, personal data will no longer be visible either to individuals or Sedo. So far we were able to verify from the WHOIS records that you are the legitimate owner of the domains you listed for sale. This means it will be much harder for us to match your account data with the WHOIS information in order to clear your domains for sale on our site.

The Solution: Our Owner Self-Verification. With the Owner Self-Verification, you can quickly prove your ownership of any domain you list for sale. Even on weekends and holidays!

No Owner Self-Verification = longer wait times

If you do not perform the Owner Self-Verification, it will take at least 3 business days for your domains to be listed for sale. During the review period, we will randomly check individual domains and may contact you to request proof of ownership (e.g., in the form of an up-to-date screenshot of the domain entry).

Self-Verification is not available for domain parking

If you already use Sedo's domain parking and forward your domains through our domain name servers (DNS), owner self-verification is currently unavailable. DNS forwarding enables your domains to be automatically listed for sale without waiting time. As of now, nothing changes for you.

We want to provide buyers and sellers with a safe and user-friendly platform at all times and look forward to your support. Do you have questions about owner verification? Our Customer Support Team is happy to answer them.

i've never listed a domain for sale ever, let alone with sedo, but i'll get right on it :thumbsup:

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Lutha Mahtin posted:

by "XYZ-istani" they meant other countries

jamming a cell network isn’t a crime that doesn’t leave evidence, it’s interfering with a massive government contractor's use of a public resource to generate revenue in a way that’s extremely obvious to someone with access to a local network of fancy radios

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Cocoa Crispies posted:

jamming a cell network isn’t a crime that doesn’t leave evidence, it’s interfering with a massive government contractor's use of a public resource to generate revenue in a way that’s extremely obvious to someone with access to a local network of fancy radios

i wonder if you could do something fancy with highly directional antennas or like, phased arrays or some other RF magic to force a single phone to connect to your fake tower or jam it or whatever without interfering with anything else

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lutha Mahtin posted:

by "XYZ-istani" they meant other countries

yup

quote:

In 2014, security-focused firms performed public sweeps in Washington, with the aim of spotting cell-site simulators near government buildings like the White House, the Pentagon and the Supreme Court. Aaron Turner, president of consulting company Integricell, was a part of those sweeps and told the AP that every embassy "worth their salt" has this type of device.

it isn't that hard to run a stingray and it isn't like DHS can really do much about it.

Cocoa Crispies posted:

stingrays aren't jammers

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Subjunctive posted:

they gave Obama a phone without a mic? he’d just listen and send back DTMF?

I will always read DTMF as "Dial Tone Mother Fucker"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

that was my nickname in high school.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

ate all the Oreos posted:

here's one I haven't seen before

i've never listed a domain for sale ever, let alone with sedo, but i'll get right on it :thumbsup:

I got this too. I'm glad I didn't click it but it did fool me until I read this.

Didn't Sedo get popped awhile back?

E: wait can someone check if it's real

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

I can only read it as Down To Mostly gently caress

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

don't doxx my alt

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

Volmarias posted:

I can only read it as Down To Mostly gently caress

:getin:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

jammyozzy posted:

The other day I put a '#' in my WebEx password and now I cannot login through our web portal, although the desktop connection tools program still works fine.

I'm not even sure if this counts as a real secfuck or not but it's bloody annoying all the same. :thumbsup:

try escaping it :laugh:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the long tail danger is FirstNet because all cop and fed radios are going 5G and so is your phone and you'll be using the same network, so guess what, when a protest happens, bandwidth and signal will be given to the cop radios first. funny how that's gonna shut down all the protest footage and is why i'm building portable mesh networks

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/mutablejoe/status/998241891459194887

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

that's tomorrow night

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
man I wisely decided to take a week vacation when this all goes down, go me

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

skipping 420 posts to blaze in with the discovery that you can skip 1.5FA of login form of one of my banks' online services if you click "login" fast enough

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

skipping 420 posts to blaze in with the discovery that you can skip 1.5FA of login form of one of my banks' online services if you click "login" fast enough

Enjoy your 10 years of hard labor in the gulag, you filthy hacker.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

rjmccall posted:

cache reveals everything around me

idgi

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
i know this is probably far from a fuckup but it irks me that android's "only show the most recently entered digit of the PIN" still lets me type my 8 digit PIN quickly enough for almost all of it to be shown on screen at the same time

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

somone putting stuff in $(window).load instead of $(document).ready?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBwAxmrE194

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

spankmeister posted:

Enjoy your 10 years of hard labor in the gulag, you filthy hacker.

the 1.5fa is pretty bad to. basically it randomly (!) prompts you for your ssn after you enter log-in (but before you click login for the first time)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Meat Beat Agent posted:

i know this is probably far from a fuckup but it irks me that android's "only show the most recently entered digit of the PIN" still lets me type my 8 digit PIN quickly enough for almost all of it to be shown on screen at the same time

sounds like a fuckup. apseudonym?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kuvo posted:

somone putting stuff in $(window).load instead of $(document).ready?

no idea, i tried to look up but all i know of web page design is that webdev is bad

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

tbf, that’s most of it

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

apseudonym?

what's that

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

a poster on these very forums, in this very thread

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

a poster who works on Android security

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

oh, duh. i should have known that

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Meat Beat Agent posted:

I believe if we're talking about the same setting it's "Display characters as you type", not just the latest digit, but strings may have changed.

Subjunctive posted:

a poster who works on Android security
Don't break my shitposting fourth wall

apseudonym fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 23, 2018

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

apseudonym posted:

Don't break my shitposting fourth wall

I thought it was canon!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
lowtax can break our fourth walls with our credit card infos and be the shitposting deadpool

no regenerative powers, unfortunately

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Jonny 290 posted:

the long tail danger is FirstNet because all cop and fed radios are going 5G and so is your phone and you'll be using the same network, so guess what, when a protest happens, bandwidth and signal will be given to the cop radios first. funny how that's gonna shut down all the protest footage and is why i'm building portable mesh networks

you're doing the lord's work, son

that actually sounds like a pretty cool gig

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

i've been sketching out designs for simple to build basic little radio systems you could in theory make using cheap parts taken out of other things or bought for a few bucks and use to establish links in phone-jammed environments for this same reason. i'm not actually any good at it though so they probably won't work once i get around to building one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

I thought it was canon!

It totally is I just wanted to make a joke about walls because :spergin:

• Locked thread