Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its kinda funnyhow every line of dialog in gow4 is the protag saying he hates aspects of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

its pretty weird how they offered GamePass for $1 to try it out for a month, given that it doesnt actually do anything besides give you access to a bunch of games, which is very obvious. its not like it has some extra perks or anything you can only really verify the value of by signing up for it.

Im guessing the only reason they offered it was to a) boost subscriptions to make charts look nice and b) rake in a few months from people who forget to unsub.

I got $1 refunded because I cancelled it early after discovering that the only games I had even a passing interest in were actually garbage.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Laserface posted:

rake in a few months from people who forget to unsub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MpyHBoiTwk

Enjoy your free $30 for a service I never used MS.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Halo 5's multiplayer is the best in the series?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BrownieVK posted:

343's series?

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
All of Halo. I've put more time into all Halo games/multiplayer than every other game I've played combined and I am confident that Halo 5 has the best multiplayer. It's got good netcode, and a return to map and power weapon control. The additional movement options bring it to parity with modern shooters.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Didn't they gently caress the dog with BTB in terms of things like only the killing shot counting for taking down the big beasties, and the way things were organized just making it way too easy for games to be "won" (as in the game is still going but the outcome is pretty much certain) pretty much immediately?

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

univbee posted:

Didn't they gently caress the dog with BTB in terms of things like only the killing shot counting for taking down the big beasties, and the way things were organized just making it way too easy for games to be "won" (as in the game is still going but the outcome is pretty much certain) pretty much immediately?

That's warzone totally separate from BTB social or any ranked modes. Warzone is toxic the last shot from whatever team gets the points and it's usually stacked teams with extremely one sided matches. That's the mode that's like firefight with btb sprinkled in where you can use cards to spawn with crazy overpowered poo poo. Basically warzone is poop which sucks because there's some awesome variants of the stock weapons you don't ever get to use in multiplayer outside of special events.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im happy for you brownie.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I played Halo 5 for about 30 seconds before I realized that every time you get hit it pulls you out of ADS. Who thought that was a good idea?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Monday_ posted:

I played Halo 5 for about 30 seconds before I realized that every time you get hit it pulls you out of ADS. Who thought that was a good idea?

Don't get hit :smuggo:

It's really weird and the only thing I can think of is that they didn't want to model a "shake on hit", since all the other guns have zero recoil they would have to put that system in exclusively for that.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

BrownieVK posted:

How dare you put this evil on the name of H3 and Reach. How dare you have it stand where they stood.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I mean I'll even admit that 4 or 5 (I forget which one I played) was a more successful blending of COD and Halo-ish arena play than I expected but there's no possible metric besides personal taste that I could imagine anyone calling them better than the really good Halos.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im 343's sprint button that is still slower than the default move speed in halo 2. Ama

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there anything like gameshare on Xbox I don’t wanna buy Forza 7

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

Is there anything like gameshare on Xbox I don’t wanna buy Forza 7

Convince someone to gift it to you

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
3>5 multiplayer. Pretty sure it also launched with more modes. It's cool they added BTB to H5 but that wasn't that after like half the fans stopped playing?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'm a page late to the discussion but the only good cover shooter is still vanquish

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zelder posted:

I'm a page late to the discussion but the only good cover shooter is still vanquish

Binary domain is actually great too but yeah vanquish is top dawg

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Conversely, Dark Void may be the worst the genre has to offer and it was on gamepass

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Monday_ posted:

didnt getting hit in H3 pull you out of ADS too?

granted you only had a few weapons that used ADS in H3.

BrownieVK posted:

That's warzone totally separate from BTB social or any ranked modes. Warzone is toxic the last shot from whatever team gets the points and it's usually stacked teams with extremely one sided matches. That's the mode that's like firefight with btb sprinkled in where you can use cards to spawn with crazy overpowered poo poo. Basically warzone is poop which sucks because there's some awesome variants of the stock weapons you don't ever get to use in multiplayer outside of special events.

Warzone being the only available gametype with more than 4 players per team is what killed halo 5. the games were decided within the first few minutes and it was just not in any way fun to play.

the competitive playlist IS VERY GOOD. playing with friends is great, but sometimes you want to play unranked or solo queue.

BTB being restricted to the ugly as gently caress Forge maps was also a huuuuuge misstep.

I dont know how many people from Bungie (if any) were still at 343 but its very obvious that the map design and gameplay team are no longer the same people.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I miss the glory days of Halo 2 BTB. Massive maps, chaos and vehicles.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Coq au Nandos posted:

I miss the glory days of Halo 2 BTB. Massive maps, chaos and vehicles.

I never played 2 online, with 3 being my first real foray into online shooters. Nothing has ever come close to the amount of time/fun my friends and I had playing halo 3 online.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Binary domain is actually great too but yeah vanquish is top dawg

It's crazy that no one else ever thought to steal rocket knees

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Man, I added Dead Space 2 to my library last month when it was free but didn't download it. Now MS is trying to charge me $20 for it. What the hell? I'm guessing if I call them they aren't going to be sympathetic and give me it for free. That was the first GWG game I was actually excited to get too.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just pay $5 and get it on EA Access

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah it's not like it's gonna break the bank when I actually do get around to playing it but it's still a bummer.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I was under the impression that adding the free games to your library by starting the download then deleting the game was enough to keep it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I got dead space 1 free somehow in march and when i tried to play it in may it said i needed to pay up. Was that like some timed promotion? I totally forget how i got it but i even played a chapter at the time.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Real hurthling! posted:

I got dead space 1 free somehow in march and when i tried to play it in may it said i needed to pay up. Was that like some timed promotion? I totally forget how i got it but i even played a chapter at the time.

Do you have game pass? It might have been part of that.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Man, I added Dead Space 2 to my library last month when it was free but didn't download it. Now MS is trying to charge me $20 for it. What the hell? I'm guessing if I call them they aren't going to be sympathetic and give me it for free. That was the first GWG game I was actually excited to get too.
Their customer service is good, I’d try it.

One time I forgot my gold had lapsed and actually bought one of the GWG, so I contacted them and said I would’ve re-upped gold if I’d noticed and they just refunded me and let me keep the game.

I didn’t even re-up :goleft:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also even if you downloaded it it won’t let you play it if they remove it like We Happy Few or Rory Mcilroy

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone know if it’s easy to hack a 360 these days?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Don’t play dead space hurtth

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God it’s almost impossible to find a copy of Top Spin 4 or Tiger Woods 14 for 360 now a days

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

God it’s almost impossible to find a copy of Top Spin 4 or Tiger Woods 14 for 360 now a days

Yea, the Last (Good) Game Of A Sport is its own expensive little subgenre. NCAA Football 2014 is in there too.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I sold my ps1 for xbox when I saw Halo at a friend's, but Halo 2 was the last game I liked in that series.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Monday_ posted:

This balances a ton of weapons and is 100% the reason the sniper is balanced. :colbert:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

It’s also halo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Anyone know if it’s easy to hack a 360 these days?

Not particularly easy, plus there's still the threat of getting it kicked off Live.