Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man, I wish this game had more Link's Awakening references. That was such a neat game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Akett posted:

Is there any particular reason other than sheer completion to get an A rank on a mission if there aren't any A rank rewards or adjacent map unlocks?

With the exception of a sense of achievement (and some medals), not really, no.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sometimes I think about playing as skull kid as I hear he's high up there on the fun scale and majora's mask IS my favorite zelda

Then I play him and WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH and I want to die

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Anyone know what the gold pouch A rank reward is?

I skipped over the popup by accident and don't know if i can see it again.

Edit: it looks like an 8-bit gold material pouch.

Kin fucked around with this message at 13:54 on May 23, 2018

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

Man, I wish this game had more Link's Awakening references. That was such a neat game

I mean, they released a Link's Awakening DLC with a Link's Awakening map and a Link's Awakening playable character. That's more Link's Awakening than Nintendo has done since, well... Link's Awakening :v:

god I love that game

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Your Computer posted:

I mean, they released a Link's Awakening DLC with a Link's Awakening map and a Link's Awakening playable character. That's more Link's Awakening than Nintendo has done since, well... Link's Awakening :v:

god I love that game

Link's Awakening music and playable stages

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m not gonna lie, I’m really happy to see Marin again. :unsmith:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also a Link's Awakening remake done in the style of its 90's as all hell anime style

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
when I think of Link I still think of this design

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Katsuya Terada, I think is the guy who did those cool as all hell alttp/la arts

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm the person who's bummed the Oracle games got no rep in this game. There's a bunch of cool poo poo in those games that they probably could of pulled from. The obvious is the Rod of Seasons, but then you got stuff like Roc's Cape, the animal friends, and the magnet gloves and switch hook.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Oxyclean posted:

I'm the person who's bummed the Oracle games got no rep in this game. There's a bunch of cool poo poo in those games that they probably could of pulled from. The obvious is the Rod of Seasons, but then you got stuff like Roc's Cape, the animal friends, and the magnet gloves and switch hook.

Now I'm sad I can't smash mooks with my good boy, the absolute unit

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

you can feed seeds from the oracle games and stuff to the dumb fairy partners

does that count

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It does seem to be the series' MO to hold some stuff back against the possibility of a sequel, even if one never comes. In addition to the lack of Oracle content, there's nothing from Minish Cap (imagine a map that's just some gigantic house), no Gerudo representative, no Groose, no Beedle, a relatively small number of humanized bosses, understandably nothing from Breath of the Wild, and on and on.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Bongo Bill posted:

It does seem to be the series' MO to hold some stuff back against the possibility of a sequel, even if one never comes. In addition to the lack of Oracle content, there's nothing from Minish Cap (imagine a map that's just some gigantic house), no Gerudo representative, no Groose, no Beedle, a relatively small number of humanized bosses, understandably nothing from Breath of the Wild, and on and on.

I will never forgive KT for not including Groose with a miniaturized Groosenator/bazooka

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'd almost be surprised if a sequel was in the cards with how they've re-released the game not once but twice. Things were probably just held back because they couldn't possibly include everything.

I saw someone complain they didn't understand why everyone was disappointed over forgettable, obscure stereotype character like Groose not being in the game.

On some level, I think they have a point - Groose sort of feels like he's transcended what he was in the game in the minds of fans. That said, Tingle is basically the same thing, and it wasn't like KT was beyond including obscure one-note characters because Agitha is here and I wouldn't be surprised if anyone were to mistake her for being a KT original because I totally forgot about her in TP. Plus they did include the Groosenator.

Also, while we're talking silly ideas for characters: Malo Mart Malo. He just bankrupts the enemy army. Also he overrides the stage music with the malo mart theme.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Groose has a memorable design, a catchy theme song, a well done character arc even if it's somewhat cliche, and has the potential of using an interesting weapon. What's not to like

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
where's the shopkeeper DLC with Malo, Beedle and :shopkeeper:

Nintendo please

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Another tip that was briefly mentioned in the OP, but the fairy (found in adventure maps in jars, not from beating a keep) are really useful for getting massive amount of kills in a short time. They are also good for clearing out the enemies swarming in the Allied Base that about to die, as they can generally kill about 300 mooks there in one single action.

Another tip...don't bother to save Hyrule Captain, gently caress that guy.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Calaveron posted:

Groose has a memorable design, a catchy theme song, a well done character arc even if it's somewhat cliche, and has the potential of using an interesting weapon. What's not to like

Isn't Groose's theme almost the same as the Wind Waker pirate theme?

Which means of course... Niko for HW2

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Rirse posted:

Another tip...don't bother to save Hyrule Captain, gently caress that guy.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I loving love Unlocking

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
This is my first warriors game and I loving love it so far. Not too far in though because I haven't had a ton of time to play. Linkle's level in Legend mode is the highlight so far.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Am I missing something or is there really no way to select a weapon for more than one character in Legends Mode? Starting a scenario and quitting once for each character you're using works, but that takes several minutes and seems dumb.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Is Glass Cannon's fairy buff worth using? Sounds like a great way to accidentally get dropped by a mook.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Yet to find a fairy

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You can just cycle the view on the adventure maps, it'll show you where to find them. I have two so far and I'm not that far into the first map. Just make sure you scour all the keeps for breakable pots. One of mine was in the enemy base in the last mission I ran.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

if they ever make a sequel I hope we get some sort of 4 links working together as a movesets. And vaati, why not

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

no Gerudo representative

ganondorf: "what am i, chopped liver"

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I also can't figure out how Linkle's bomb arrows are supposed to work. It says to hold X after a combo attack, but that does nothing.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Keep the button held down after you do a combo that ends with X, and she'll charge up the bomb arrows.

Edit: am I the only one that went with the "Zelda" control scheme where the button layout is rotated so it's B for basic attacks and Y for finishers, instead of Y and X?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Probably not but it sounds like a lot of people went with the warriors setup. I chose it because I assumed it'd be better tailored.

For what it's worth I've seen some people use combo nomenclature that's button type neutral. Cx where I think x is the number of lights before a strong. C1 would be "YX" on warriors control, C2, YYX, etc.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Warriors control scheme feels more natural to me even with me playing every Zelda and this being my only Warriors game.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, sliding down to dodge and up to finish combos makes a lot more intuitive sense to me, too.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just picked the Zelda scheme when first getting the game and at this point it's too late to switch :negative:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Bongo Bill posted:

Keep the button held down after you do a combo that ends with X, and she'll charge up the bomb arrows.

I've tried with every combo and nothing happens at all. Is there a level requirement or something?

I'm having fun with this but it seems like the game is generally really bad about telling you how anything works.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Definitely no level requirement. I have the rank 2 weapon unlock and I'm sure i've done them but I'm pretty sure that shouldn't be the difference You're on the warriors control scheme, right?

Maybe you're doing them without realizing them? I'm pretty sure right at this time stamp is an example of one of the bomb arrow moves. There should be another in the combo after.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Yeah, I'm on the Warriors scheme and I've definitely never seen any attacks like that come out or had the crossbows glow like that.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Buy her combo badges, I think you can only do the bomb arrow charge on the later combo strings. It works just like Link's chargeable spin attack after some of his combo strings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Thanks, buying 2 badges did the trick and let me charge. Thanks, game, for ONLY loving TELLING ME TO HOLD X with no mention of it needing to be unlocked,