Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

im just saying it has to be people deep diving a challenging game that takes a ton of time and effort. on top of all that it seems exclusive enough that you have to literally run the company that owns it to be able to spend enough time in the park to redo poo poo. id bet most of the repeat customers are just going for a few days and just banging hookerbots over and over again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

ptkfvk posted:

im just saying it has to be people deep diving a challenging game that takes a ton of time and effort. on top of all that it seems exclusive enough that you have to literally run the company that owns it to be able to spend enough time in the park to redo poo poo.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Haha that loving poo poo eating grin, like he just shot Teddy again.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Double Bill posted:

I'll be very disappointed if a pirate world isn't coming up next. Then some kind of dinosaur park perhaps.
You can shoot or gently caress anyone in the park, and everyone in the park is dinosaurs. Yes sir that means you can gently caress any dinosaur. Well sir, they technically can say no, they are very realistic. For an extra 50 thousand? Yeah I can set that up. Consider it done. No thank you sir, it’s been an honor Mr. Trump and enjoy your stay!

Cut to future: This is your 149th body. We literally can’t make them any younger. Would you consider replacing your own body instead?

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 05:35 on May 23, 2018

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I'm suprised Delos hasn't made an island for furries because they love throwing money at their fetish.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Elderbean posted:

I'm suprised Delos hasn't made an island for furries because they love throwing money at their fetish.

Probably more interested in VR where they themselves can be a furry, too. That or genemodding has advanced enough to make the furry dream a reality. :furcry:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pigbuster posted:

Probably more interested in VR where they themselves can be a furry, too. That or genemodding has advanced enough to make the furry dream a reality. :furcry:

A park to hunt the new most dangerous game: lionmen!

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

A park to hunt the new most dangerous game: lionmen!

The Island of Dr. Morose.

Erotic Wakes
May 19, 2018

by Lowtax

Snowman Crossing posted:

Easter egg Mickey Rooney host: "it doesn't rook rike anything to me."

paint it brack

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

This show is firmly into "skip through in 5 minute chunks" for me.

It's plodding and sort of boring and I don't really care about any of the characters any more. Looks nice, I suppose.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

spudsbuckley posted:

It's plodding and sort of boring and I don't really care about any of the characters any more. Looks nice, I suppose.

It's one of the most popular and critically acclaimed shows on tv.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I enjoy the show but it's suffering from lack of Anthony Hopkins and so far the main antagonist is sort of boring.

I still like it because it's like an off-the-rails New Vegas.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

drunken officeparty posted:

That's nice.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
As a long time fan of movies and tv series set in the Edo period I'm surprised that so many people found last episode boring,. To me Shogun World is far more interesting than adults playing cliched Cowboys and Indians.
I only wish they had included a blind masseur/swordsman in the story.

etalian posted:

Wild adventures with Maeve is so much more entertaining than Dolores sub-plot.

It helps the Lee is so hilarious such as admitting to his laziness in recycling plots like a Call of Duty game designer.
Even the layout of the town was the same, everybody was slacking off when they were building the SW Expansion Pack.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So is The Big Bang Theory.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
It's not going in the right direction.

http://headlineplanet.com/home/2018/05/22/ratings-hbos-westworld-slips-yet/

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cojawfee posted:

Well, obviously there would be the people who would be the nazis. And the people who complain that the concentration camps aren't dire enough.

The guests from Mississippi.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

my bony fealty posted:

Jimmi Simpson seems like a cool guy. Wanna see him descend into full psychopath mode as William and do some real heinous poo poo.

Related, Jimmi Simpson reads absurd Westworld fan theories -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDaHQDD1ghY

Including a few that didn't seem so absurd :tinfoil:

I don't know if those are Simpson's true mannerisms or if he was hamming it up but if he never plays a young Jeff Goldblum then the world isn't fair.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I casually follow What The Flick! channel and half of their Westworld review crew dropped the show. Pretty such they did it before E4. E2, E3 chased away a lot of audiences IMO. E5 should have been E2.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

whatever7 posted:

I casually follow What The Flick! channel and half of their Westworld review crew dropped the show. Pretty such they did it before E4. E2, E3 chased away a lot of audiences IMO. E5 should have been E2.

Yea they really hosed up by having the first couple episodes be GoT style "put all the pieces in place" type episodes where nothing interesting actually happens.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
:laffo:

1.59M to 1.55M during the NBA playoffs and going up against a major award show...yup: show is dead.
:rolleyes::hf::circlefap:

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Y’all a bunch of goddamn crybabies. “I can’t handle a show where I don’t know every secret by the end of episode one and every character’s motivation is spoon fed to me.”

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

spudsbuckley posted:

Why are you watching at all then

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Are we approaching the point where the thread becomes mostly "I'm done with this show" and anti-"I'm done with this show" posts?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Lycus posted:

Are we approaching the point where the thread becomes mostly "I'm done with this show" and anti-"I'm done with this show" posts?

It's mid season so I assume its all downhill from here until the finale

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Lycus posted:

You mean Wednesday? Yes, it's Wednesday.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
This season been at least as good as the last one

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Elias_Maluco posted:

I think you'll find the previous season had a lot more nudity though.

After Person of Interest I have faith in the showrunner, regardless of any perceived dips in quality/ratings midseason.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

KPC_Mammon posted:

I think you'll find the previous season had a lot more nudity though.

Elias_Maluco posted:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Lycus posted:

this thread is trapped in a loop

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

though, to be honest, almost every thread about something popular has the exact same dynamic in it

the game of thrones threads get it pretty bad too

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
GoT did become really bad, though

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Season 2 does feel like a downgrade but there's no way around it when you're losing Hopkins and don't have a throughline as strong as Dolores' journey from S1. Last two eps have been very good though and the march towards whatever two-weeks-later Bernard is up to is getting better everytime they visit it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Elias_Maluco posted:

GoT did become really bad, though

Becoming extremely lovely after the Storm Of Swords section and shockingly even worse after you get out of the bits of A Feast For Crows is just staying true to the books though.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Becoming extremely lovely after the Storm Of Swords section and shockingly even worse after you get out of the bits of A Feast For Crows is just staying true to the books though.

Cant argue with that, although it did not stay true to the terrible last 2 books books and yet it managed to be terrible on its own way

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It however is most poo poo when it passed the books, while they don't exist to be poo poo.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Season 2 does feel like a downgrade but there's no way around it when you're losing Hopkins and don't have a throughline as strong as Dolores' journey from S1. Last two eps have been very good though and the march towards whatever two-weeks-later Bernard is up to is getting better everytime they visit it.

:yeah:

I'm not saying the show is poo poo, but public opinion has definitely shifted a bit and I think the showrunners hosed up a bit by focusing on Delores and her dumb Lost foreboding statement whirligig adventure.

I'm still enjoying the show, but it's not heresy to admit that these first few episodes took a while to get really good/interesting again.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

my bony fealty posted:

Jimmi Simpson seems like a cool guy. Wanna see him descend into full psychopath mode as William and do some real heinous poo poo.

Related, Jimmi Simpson reads absurd Westworld fan theories -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDaHQDD1ghY

Including a few that didn't seem so absurd :tinfoil:

Holy poo poo Jimmi Simpson’s natural disposition is McPoyle.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

It however is most poo poo when it passed the books, while they don't exist to be poo poo.

The smartest thing GRRM ever did was letting HBO take the bullet for how lovely his story is while he ran away with the money and stopped writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I do wonder if they ever considered chucking AFFC and ADWD and doing the five year gap after S4.