Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zane
Nov 14, 2007

FanaticalMilk posted:

More like the Master Roshi.

incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Microsoft E3 conference to be two hours long, possibly the longest they've ever done.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That's a lot of time to not reveal any exclusives.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Twice the amount of sports and ~hololens~

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm gonna need a lot more booze

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

They should really download the updates beforehand.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Welp, time to bring this back out:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

It’s going to feel a lot like watching a fish jump out of its bowl. They are going to be flopping around slowly dying in front of the world.

In short they will announce Occulus Rift support for the 1X

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Is Bioware last shot Anthem going to be at E3 or has it gone back in the oven for another year?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Supposedly there will be gameplay on the EA stage this year, although we'll get an idea of how much actual faith EA has in Anthem depending on whether it's a headliner or sandwiched in between their indie dev kit demos like Andromeda was in 2016.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

after last year's "heh, sorry" at E3 for Battlefield being followed up by the BF2 catastrophe, it will be fun to watch EA pretend to give a poo poo. They've tanked the Dead Space/Mass Effect/Mirror's Edge IPs for good so besides sports games, Anthem seems like the only thing left. Their E3 presentation is a good time for a bathroom break.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

BexGu posted:

Is Bioware last shot Anthem going to be at E3 or has it gone back in the oven for another year?

If they release it, they get dissolved. They have to keep promising it to keep their jobs.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

DLC Inc posted:

after last year's "heh, sorry" at E3 for Battlefield being followed up by the BF2 catastrophe, it will be fun to watch EA pretend to give a poo poo. They've tanked the Dead Space/Mass Effect/Mirror's Edge IPs for good so besides sports games, Anthem seems like the only thing left. Their E3 presentation is a good time for a bathroom break.

I don't trust any corporation farther than I can throw them but at least with the Ubisoft, Nintendo etc. floor shows you have the impression that the people onstage actually like video games and love to make them for a living. EA's presentations always have that creepy dystopian vibe with language more becoming of some Silicon Valley techbro talk.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

DLC Inc posted:

Has EA ever been worth watching?

Seriously I can't think of a single standout EA conference that I could look back on and go "Yeah that was good." There's no life or energy to any of it, like it's been calculated to be as precise a sales pitch as possible so they can maximize the effectiveness of a corporate suit telling you FIFA '19 is a must-buy because look at how meticulously we rendered Pele's pubic hair (and look at this gorgeous Xbox One X exclusive footage!) Microsoft is usually pretty bad but they're trying and it usually results in some fun stuff to laugh at and previews of games that I'll buy on PC and/or PS4. Bethesda is always a wild card, Ubisoft tries their hardest for better or for worse, and PC Gaming Show always has an amusing nugget or two but goddamn EA is so bland.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I hope that with Call of Duty dropping single player and Battlefield riding on CoD's WWII coattails the first person shooter console wars are extra bad this year.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Has EA ever been worth watching?

Seriously I can't think of a single standout EA conference that I could look back on and go "Yeah that was good." There's no life or energy to any of it, like it's been calculated to be as precise a sales pitch as possible so they can maximize the effectiveness of a corporate suit telling you FIFA '19 is a must-buy because look at how meticulously we rendered Pele's pubic hair (and look at this gorgeous Xbox One X exclusive footage!) Microsoft is usually pretty bad but they're trying and it usually results in some fun stuff to laugh at and previews of games that I'll buy on PC and/or PS4. Bethesda is always a wild card, Ubisoft tries their hardest for better or for worse, and PC Gaming Show always has an amusing nugget or two but goddamn EA is so bland.

Ya EA is very standard. They will have their sport games and 1-2 big multiplayer game(Battlefield, Anthem). I am interested to see if they will tease a new Dragon Age or maybe Titanfall 3.

EA normally has like 1 game that is kinda different like Mirror Edge or A Way Out. But ya they are easily the worst conference every year even when I played lots Fifa I thought that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the 20 minute Pele interview at that one EA conference was torture

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Which conference has actual Pele at? I feel like it was the same one where James Cameron wittered on about Avatar for about two hours

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

the 20 minute Pele interview at that one EA conference was torture

The pele interview vs the sony powers presentation

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
If Anthem's spot doesn't generate wild cheering then they will drag the employees out on stage to be shot in front of a live audience. For just $2.99 you can open a box that may contain a weapon (.00002 % chance) for you to use or a hat made from a newsprint flyer that they stole from the lobby to wear while you spectate.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Pele is king of the soccer field. To be king of your kitchen, use Crestfield wax paper.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

EA gave us this tho

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

EA conferences are basically Ubisoft conferences but without the thin veneer of irony.

Will EA or Activision publish a single third party game between them this year or is it all their own poo poo from now on?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I need a word more powerful than “excruciating” to describe a 2 hour microsoft press conference.

Unless it starts absolutely insane like “Today we are announcing we have bought every third party publisher in japan. Yes to the anime, and especially to the anime titties”

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Detective No. 27 posted:

That's a lot of time to not reveal any exclusives.

thank god for crossplay, the only good thing microsoft has ever done

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Didn't MS also play up their "longest E3 show yet!!" last year and it ended up being 20 minutes about Minecraft?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Barudak posted:

I need a word more powerful than “excruciating” to describe a 2 hour microsoft press conference.

Unless it starts absolutely insane like “Today we are announcing we have bought every third party publisher in japan. Yes to the anime, and especially to the anime titties”

"Scalebound 2 - fall 2019"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Will you be the one

to finish

THE FIGHT??

Halo Royale in stores now only on The Microsoft Xbox One Two S E

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Will EA or Activision publish a single third party game between them this year or is it all their own poo poo from now on?

Activision still publishes Bungie's big fat turd.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I have never been less enthused by triple-A gaming. I legit cannot give a poo poo about anything coming out.

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013
EA conferences at E3 are 75% telling an unenthused audience about all the "new and exciting" ways they'll get to play Madden and FIFA.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I don't know why I watch EA when I don't give a poo poo about its game 99% of the time. I guess it's just to see how bland and awkward it gets some years.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
didn't From tease something last e3? what are the chances we'll see what that was?

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Doorknob Slobber posted:

didn't From tease something last e3? what are the chances we'll see what that was?

They released the "Shadows Die Twice" teaser trailer at the Game Awards back at the beginning of the year. The speculation is that it's Tenchu, but no other word has come out, and From have not announced any E3 plans.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Shadows Die Twice. Opinions vary on whether it's a Bloodborne sequel, new IP, a Tenchu game, or who knows what.

Efb

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

FPzero posted:

I don't know why I watch EA when I don't give a poo poo about its game 99% of the time. I guess it's just to see how bland and awkward it gets some years.

FIFA 19 is about how you play so this year we introduce the new cubic ball. But Fifa is not only about how you play but also who you play with. Coming September 2018 you will play fifa 19 with your new dog companion.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

:shepicide:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its actually the cover name for Kart Souls, the quirky team arcade racer where when you get hit by items you die and respawn.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
We should make a Markov bot which takes previous conferences as an input and produces new E3 presentations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i'll need a extra bag of doritos

• Locked thread