Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/999323109483302912

Madden 19 lookin' good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How long until everyone is required to Nazi salute the anthem?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Madden 19: Press F to not pay respects.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

shadows die twice is actually going to be the new armored core taking a really dark turn

lash together your mech out of bone and sinew

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Shadows don't actually die at all they're just the absence of light incapable of life.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's gonna be a Babylon 5 licensed game

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

It's gonna be a Babylon 5 licensed game

If the press conference starts with them cracking open a Zima well know its true

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

xbox big

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Nike shoes? More cars on stage? Vaguely related musical guests? I can only imagine what Microsoft has in store if they plan to hold us hostage for two whole hours.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Okay, I hope that there is a team that just doesn't take the field until after the anthem is over. Just one sideline is the owner standing there, alone.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

limaCAT posted:

Activision still publishes Bungie's big fat turd.

It's going to be pretty tense for the people onstage during the Destiny 2 Fall expansion trailer. Considering that the current sandbox guy is actually apologizing for the state of the game on Twitter, we might actually get a public apology.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

xbox hueg

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
what has-been celeb will be dancing/rapping at the EA performance because I miss seeing pasty white nerds head-nodding awkwardly.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

buglord posted:

what has-been celeb will be dancing/rapping at the EA performance because I miss seeing pasty white nerds head-nodding awkwardly.

Its actually going to be a tenth anniversary show of all the liscensed music EA used in Madden 08

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Finally sports games climb aboard the moral decision train

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Didn't MS also play up their "longest E3 show yet!!" last year and it ended up being 20 minutes about Minecraft?

And all that poo poo they announced still isn't out yet. Good times.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

yeah yeah yeah
it's not small
no no no

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

shadows die twice is actually going to be the new armored core taking a really dark turn

I would be down for a video game rendition of "In the Hills, the Cities."

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Devolver digitals press conference was awesome but I don't think they can repeat it as the jokes done.

I think there will be some good announcements they better have frigging cyberpunk gameplay.

Apart from that I really hope there are more gently caress ups, I also hope there aint too many battle royal games

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
We're probably getting Ori 2 footage this year at Microsoft's conference so they can do whatever they want IMO

Man the national anthem sucks rear end. I could at least understand all this nonsense if the song was good.

All this dumb anthem stuff reminds me of when I went to Jury Duty a few years ago. Before they started the process of calling people up for whatever, they had everyone stand up and do the pledge of allegiance, like it was in elementary school. And I was weirded out by A) how many people actually stood up (I may have been the only one who kept sitting) and B) how loving creepy it sounded, with everyone saying the allegiance in sync, all in the same tired monotone voice cause it was like 8 or 9 in the morning.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

VoLaTiLe posted:

Devolver digitals press conference was awesome but I don't think they can repeat it as the jokes done.

Apart from that I really hope there are more gently caress ups, I also hope there ain't too many battle royal games

Clamp your gob, you loving moron! No matter what, it will be a nice break from the canned Blazer and Blue Jeans Sales Pitch we see from everyone.

Also, I could only wish there wouldn't be so many battle royal games, but we all know deep down, if pubg was a year or two earlier, we would have Kinectimals Battle Royal by now. Because nothing that makes that kind of silly money isn't going to be run into the ground by everyone.

I wonder both who the musical guest this year will be and who will have them on stage? Probably Microsoft. Gotta pad out 2 drat hours.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

EA conferences are basically Ubisoft conferences but without the thin veneer of irony.

Will EA or Activision publish a single third party game between them this year or is it all their own poo poo from now on?

EA has their EA originals program (really just a publishing label for indie Swedish developers).

Acti-Blizz has Destiny 2 expansions.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

VoLaTiLe posted:

I think there will be some good announcements they better have frigging cyberpunk gameplay.

Apart from that I really hope there are more gently caress ups, I also hope there aint too many battle royal games

Devolver's presentation should be before EA's and they should just play EA's last year's presentation. People will not be able to tell the difference between EA e3 2017 and 2018.

Battlefield? Check. Anthem? Check. Madden & Fifa? Check.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

has any journo used the phrase "Gamer Christmas" recently

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Reggie Claus

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Man the national anthem sucks rear end. I could at least understand all this nonsense if the song was good.

All this dumb anthem stuff reminds me of when I went to Jury Duty a few years ago. Before they started the process of calling people up for whatever, they had everyone stand up and do the pledge of allegiance, like it was in elementary school. And I was weirded out by A) how many people actually stood up (I may have been the only one who kept sitting) and B) how loving creepy it sounded, with everyone saying the allegiance in sync, all in the same tired monotone voice cause it was like 8 or 9 in the morning.

*tips his hat back*
*flips his cigarette out the window*
*is ironically unaware that in other countries he may have been arrested and imprisoned for the same behavior*

Free speech is grand ain't it?

e: I feel like the entire conversation on oppression being protested in a non-violent and yet, actually still respectful manner and the intolerant reaction towards that based entirely on "a bad song" has gone completely over your head.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 25, 2018

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

gently caress you for coming up with an infinitely cooler idea than whatever we'll get.

actually this sounds like a nightmare collab between From Software and the still-MIA Vanillaware Aegis Rim mech game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
An organic mech game would be both amazing and utterly horrifying.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

haveblue posted:

An organic mech game would be both amazing and utterly horrifying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUAE-VGvcsw

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Murgos posted:

e: I feel like the entire conversation on oppression being protested in a non-violent and yet, actually still respectful manner and the intolerant reaction towards that based entirely on "a bad song" has gone completely over your head.

Er I understand all that, I was just making a statement about how the anthem sucks anyway

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The 2 hour ms show is gonna be 3rd party town. There was that leak 2 months ago about like a dozen games they bought marketing rights to, from cyberpunk, borderlands, splinter cell, etc.

That plus the move to a new venue for the show seems like pretense for the dramatically reduced show floor presence ms has as they continue to fail to make any games

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

The 2 hour ms show is gonna be 3rd party town. There was that leak 2 months ago about like a dozen games they bought marketing rights to, from cyberpunk, borderlands, splinter cell, etc.

That plus the move to a new venue for the show seems like pretense for the dramatically reduced show floor presence ms has as they continue to fail to make any games

I guess being the first show to showcase stuff like Cyberpunk or Splinter Cell is kind of neat, even if I'm gonna be thinking "yeah I'm getting this....on PS4"

They showcased DBFighterZ first last year but I doubt it lead to additional XBOX sales

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

im looking forward to seeing the new video game graphics

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm ready to be extremely disappointed in everything

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

DLC Inc posted:

They showcased DBFighterZ first last year but I doubt it lead to additional XBOX sales

Nothing's going to lead to more Xbox sales if they continue the model of "Windows 10 also gets everything." Why buy Microsoft's console when you can just plug a controller into your computer and get the same thing?

I'm not complaining, of course, but it is a curious business choice. When the PS4 competes technologically and the Switch offers a different experience, Xbox needs something to set it apart and offering its "exclusives" on a different platform isn't doing it any favors.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Zas posted:

im looking forward to seeing the new video game graphics

I hear the new Tomb Raider will have even TressierFX

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Yesssssss

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1001478823257542662

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Watch it be Fallout 4 for Switch :v:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Watch it be Fallout 4 for Switch :v:

if it is gently caress you bethesda

watch it by a fallout mmo like their elder scrolls mmo

or does interplay still have the rights to a fallout mmo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

That leak way back showed fallout 3 anniversary edition for switch. Probably shouldn't get your hopes up.

• Locked thread