Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Half life 64

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

I’ll be honest, when I first heard the name GOD WARS I wasn’t expecting “generic anime SRPG”.

But I probably should have.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
Why is the physical Mega Man Legacy Collection $5 more than the digital? Does it still show up as 2 titles?

Still debating paying 35 earth dollars for games that are already seared into my brain.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
GOD WARS sounds a lot more f2p mobile game than anime srpg tho

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

JawnV6 posted:

Why is the physical Mega Man Legacy Collection $5 more than the digital? Does it still show up as 2 titles?

Still debating paying 35 earth dollars for games that are already seared into my brain.

The notCastlevania 3 game comes out like tomorrow or something. Get that instead.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

they should put FIGHT OF GODS on there

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JawnV6 posted:

Because one doesn't come on a cartridge?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

JawnV6 posted:

It’s supposed to come with a cool looking collector’s cloth as well but mine didn’t come with it.:argh:

You’re probably better off buying both collections digitally. Yes, they show up as two titles. One isn’t even on the cartridge, instead it comes with a download code for Legacy Collection 2. Just Legacy Collection 1 is actually on the cart.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

The notCastlevania 3 game comes out like tomorrow or something. Get that instead.

what game is this?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Your Computer posted:

what game is this?

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon

it looks incredibly cool :stwoon:

is it going to be incredibly cool?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The Bloop posted:

LOL if you didn't have 4 player Scorched Earth games going on every day, crowded around your Computer Cabinet
A modern Scorched Earth-like would own for the Switch. Nintendo skin it with like Mario bullet guys, DK barrels, Goron cannonballs and that's a solid $40 digital only title.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

A modern Scorched Earth-like would own for the Switch. Nintendo skin it with like Mario bullet guys, DK barrels, Goron cannonballs and that's a solid $40 digital only title.

Would buy 100%

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
So are there any travel docks (like just simple USB-C to HDMI cables) that are known to be safe? Or is literally every device that's not the Official Switch Dock potentially able to brick a Switch?

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Ganon-balls

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Your Computer posted:

it looks incredibly cool :stwoon:

is it going to be incredibly cool?

We don’t know yet. The devs have a decent track record though so it could be good.:)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR5CK5-NQVk

There’s some direct feed footage. Trigger warning, they guy playing it sucks at video games and it may piss you off to watch it...

Here’s a write up:
https://www.usgamer.net/amp/bloodstained-curse-of-the-moon-could-be-best-modern-castlevania-game-bitsummit

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

GreatGreen posted:

So are there any travel docks (like just simple USB-C to HDMI cables) that are known to be safe? Or is literally every device that's not the Official Switch Dock potentially able to brick a Switch?

If Nintendo didn't make it, do not use it. It's that simple.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Detective No. 27 posted:

If Nintendo didn't make it, do not use it. It's that simple.

Or at least until Nintendo starts putting the seal of quality on 3rd party options, which they’ll probably never do for docks.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

This Apple-like dongle supposedly works, even post-5.0.0: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074RGQ261

Anybody tried it before, or willing to give it a shot?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

If you want to be 100% safe just gut your official dock and put the PCB in this: https://www.amazon.com/BASSTOP-Portable-Nintendo-Replacement-original/dp/B071YVC3NJ

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

lot of N64 games talk but not a lot of MISCHIEF MAKERS talk

for shame

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
Hyrule warriors

Whats the deal with fairy food? Does it drop from enemies or what? I am almost done with the first adventure map and i have 4 pieces of food total from pots in the adventure maps with food as a reward. I have used weapons with the food+ skill too but nothin

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7ok5AV7ZrM
Why bother rereleasing the N64 without this.

yes

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

you could fill an n64 mini exclusively with games that used amens

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AfroGunsou posted:

Hyrule warriors

Whats the deal with fairy food? Does it drop from enemies or what? I am almost done with the first adventure map and i have 4 pieces of food total from pots in the adventure maps with food as a reward. I have used weapons with the food+ skill too but nothin
We've got a Hyrule warriors thread, you should ask there! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857650

Zas posted:

you could fill an n64 mini exclusively with games that used amens

And just like that I've got Redial on my brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qutUyQqhjdM

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

repiv posted:

If you want to be 100% safe just gut your official dock and put the PCB in this: https://www.amazon.com/BASSTOP-Portable-Nintendo-Replacement-original/dp/B071YVC3NJ

That looks awesome but I’m confused. Doesn’t the switch dock disable the switch’s display? Or is that just a weird promo pic thing?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

alf_pogs posted:

lot of N64 games talk but not a lot of MISCHIEF MAKERS talk

for shame

realtalk, Mischief Makers is probably one of the most unique games I've ever played. It was unfortunate it came out way too early, because it could have been a great cult game on Steam/3DS

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You guys are giving me more of an appreciation of the N64 with all these games I forgot about. Yes, early 3D games haven’t aged as well, as say 16 bit games, but there was a lot of cool unique stuff.

I’d probably buy an N64 Classic now if the emulation is good even with more games hacked in.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Cartoon Man posted:

A Robot Named Fight is still needs-suiting when it comes to metroids. I see the screen of that snake mini-boss from MM3 and get chills, probably going to get it digital.

The cartridge being half a game and a download code is really off-putting.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

GBA Classic should just be a re-release of the SP with a flash cart imo

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
How is Wulverblade? It is going on sale tomorrow 33% off.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
I'm gonna buy a pressure cooker, but to get a free Home mini I gotta add like $50 of stuff. What do I get, Hyrulr Warriors or Tropical Freeze?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

E2M2 posted:

I'm gonna buy a pressure cooker, but to get a free Home mini I gotta add like $50 of stuff. What do I get, Hyrulr Warriors or Tropical Freeze?
TF is the better game but HW will probably keep you entertained longer. I'd go HW now and try and get TF 2nd hand or on sale in a year or whatever.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

E2M2 posted:

I'll echo the sentiment that Tropical Freeze is a better game and one of the best platformers in existence, though Hyrule Warriors has limitless content--the con is that it's Musou content so it might fatigue you very quick and it's not that complex. Both games are Good.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yeah, I’m already getting fatigued on Warriors. Something about the gameplay wears off quickly, I think there’s just too much of it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

E2M2 posted:

Tropical Freeze if you want your Switch to have a sweet fruit flavor, Hyrule Warriors is you’re looking for a steak flavor.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

droughtfiller crap like Tf and hw can suck it cause i saw that west of loathing is soon.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

404notfound posted:

This Apple-like dongle supposedly works, even post-5.0.0: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074RGQ261

Anybody tried it before, or willing to give it a shot?
That looks like one of the ones under a billion other names, so it has probably bricked systems too.

GreatGreen posted:

That looks awesome but I’m confused. Doesn’t the switch dock disable the switch’s display? Or is that just a weird promo pic thing?
Weird promo pic thing. Or maybe the Switch keeps the display on if there’s no HDMI connected (so you’d be able to use it just as a charging stand), I haven’t actually tried that yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Hyrule Warriors is pure distilled Zelda fanservice in a pretty fun package, if that sounds like something you would enjoy then 100% get Hyrule Warriors.

• Locked thread