Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I dunno. Elizabeth’s sudden turn seemed kinda abrupt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010

TheCenturion posted:

She didn't turn against "Mother Russia" just "The Center", which she didn't love in the first place from past experiences.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

PowerBuilder3 posted:

She didn't turn against "Mother Russia" just "The Center", which she didn't love in the first place from past experiences.

Yeah it's easy to forget Liz beats the poo poo out of Claudia in the first season.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
Does anyone here actually believe Renee has anything to do with anything, other than just being a civilian dating an FBI agent?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Dennis McClaren posted:

Does anyone here actually believe Renee has anything to do with anything, other than just being a civilian dating an FBI agent?

she could be another illegal specifically placed to watch stan or alert them if there's an investigation into P/E or something else dramatic like that

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Dennis McClaren posted:

With two episodes left? I don't, anymore.

I think she was there in case the writers needed her to be, but I don't think they did.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Oh god if the series ends with some Renee twist I’m going to be pissed. Hopefully whatever initial plans the writers had for her were abandoned like Philips son.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

It will turn out that Renee is a spy...

... for Britain :britain:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
"How could you do this, Renee?"

"T'was fuh queen and country, ol chap. Pip pip! Righto."

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Didn’t P&E run into a Mossad agent earlier, maybe traded him back?

Renee will be Mossad sent to keep an eye on P&E. “Whoever suspects the blond and blue woman of being an Israeli secret agent?”

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

plz dont pull out posted:

Yeah it's easy to forget Liz beats the poo poo out of Claudia in the first season.

My favorite scene of the series for sure. She tunes her up.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

TheCenturion posted:

I think it's meant to be somewhat shocking, but it makes perfect sense. Elizabeth is a patriot to a fault, and in this case being so loyal to the Party and Mother Russia worked in her favour.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dennis McClaren posted:

I only think something will happen with her because of the law of economy of characters. They knew for a while that this would be the last season (or had planned on that anyway) so why did they introduce her and why does she keep getting scenes? I'm not quite cynical enough to think they made a character whose entire, sole purpose is to troll the internet.

I'm not saying that I think she is a spy, but I do think something will happen with her (maybe Stan gets paranoid and thinks she is, but she's not).

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

precision posted:

I only think something will happen with her because of the law of economy of characters. They knew for a while that this would be the last season (or had planned on that anyway) so why did they introduce her and why does she keep getting scenes? I'm not quite cynical enough to think they made a character whose entire, sole purpose is to troll the internet.

I'm not saying that I think she is a spy, but I do think something will happen with her (maybe Stan gets paranoid and thinks she is, but she's not).

maybe Stan gets to have a relatively happy ending

....maybe :unsmith:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

maybe Stan gets to have a relatively happy ending

....maybe :unsmith:

There’s no way he comes out of this without at least his professional reputation being in tatters.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There’s no way he comes out of this without at least his professional reputation being in tatters.

Aderholt's, too.

In a nutshell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT4_Fefew78

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The final scene of the series will be a jump to Moscow in 2013. A dimly lit hotel room where Paige, the actress aged up with horrible CGI, sits on the bed as a shady Russian man approach’s her.

“Ms. Jennings... how much do you know about waterworks?”

~Fin~

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

esperterra posted:

Nah he was a cool older dude who had weed!!

And I doubt we'll see Kimmy again.

Except on a missing persons report in Greece.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

Elizabeth needs to stop throwing her ciggie butts on the ground, 1987 was right around the time DNA testing became a thing!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/TheAmericansFX/status/999370905531965440
Good article about everyone's favorite mail delivery system.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I am ready for some drama.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh man, Stan's face while he was doing the searches for the Jennings, that was amazing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

phosdex posted:

I am ready for some drama.

I am ready for some blood. Lots of it.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Oleg :ohdear:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh no Oleg

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Well, at least she doesn't have to worry about advancement anymore.

And I'm sure Claudia's going to hear about how they made her up to look *exactly* like Elizabeth.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:43 on May 24, 2018

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oleg is the best man, :unsmith:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Could've sworn that when Claudia's hands went under the table that it meant one of them wasn't going to be alive in another few seconds.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Could've sworn that when Claudia's hands went under the table that it meant one of them wasn't going to be alive in another few seconds.

She has less than 12 hours to plan an exfiltration. Can't waste any of that hiding a body

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Oh poo poo.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
poo poo poo poo poo poo

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

ahhhhhh :supaburn:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"So yeah - my superior went in to talk to the FBI today. Do you think I should be worried?"

Philip: :stare:

DearYou41
Jun 14, 2013
Just leave Philip and Oleg alive at the end, goddamnit.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Well, if you think that chase scene was tense, here's something to make your rear end in a top hat clench...

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Paige met Liz's target ahahahahaha

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Harsh

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Paige you dumbass both of your parents have hosed half of D.C.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

The veins bulging. Goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Give Keri Russell the Emmy now.

• Locked thread