Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Christopher Dorner was the only good cop ever, maybe Serpico but he didn't kill any other cops

What I'm saying is every cop should be buried in a mass grave on the surface of the sun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Dejan Bimble posted:

Go University of Vermont Cargoyles!
lmao this line got me for some reason

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Ghost Dog posted:

imagine saying something controversial like I Would Like To Live and having some grown rear end adults with an obscene amount of power feel super offended and have a temper tantrum about it

I agree, poor Kevin Love.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Christopher Dorner was the only good cop ever, maybe Serpico but he didn't kill any other cops

What I'm saying is every cop should be buried in a mass grave on the surface of the sun

Cop with the sound effects from police academy was legit tho

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

boop the snoot posted:

The rams came out of the locker room with their hands up as a “hands up don’t shoot” protest and the St. Louis police demanded an apology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGRklQ0n4Dk
I totally forgot. Good for them

St Louis cops (probably) literally murdered blacklivesmatter activists. That department is a horror story

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Away all Goats posted:

holy poo poo lol

http://time.com/3611556/st-louis-cops-rams-hands-up-dont-shoot-nfl-ferguson/

My favorite quote from the article:

quote:

“I know that there are those that will say that these players are simply exercising their First Amendment rights,” he said in a statement. “Well I’ve got news for people who think that way, cops have first amendment rights too, and we plan to exercise ours. I’d remind the NFL and their players that it is not the violent thugs burning down buildings that buy their advertiser’s products. It’s cops and the good people of St. Louis and other NFL towns that do. Somebody needs to throw a flag on this play. If it’s not the NFL and the Rams, then it’ll be cops and their supporters.”

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

I was watching this pretty decent, short piece about Standing Rock and when Veterans for Peace showed up some cop mucky muck said in a press conference that the protesters were taking advantage of the PTSD of our venerated veterans and that the protesters were creating a very dangerous situation. Because of all the PTSD.

A) The police are stupid for thinking this makes any sense
Aa) People who now populate every police force are the sorts of morons who would attempt such blatantly dipshit spin control
B) Plenty of people willingly believe it
C) There are an incredibly large amount of insanely stupid people on this planet
D) We are hosed forever
E) Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals tomorrow hopefully will be as good as Game 4

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Schlieren posted:

I was watching this pretty decent, short piece about Standing Rock and when Veterans for Peace showed up some cop mucky muck said in a press conference that the protesters were taking advantage of the PTSD of our venerated veterans and that the protesters were creating a very dangerous situation. Because of all the PTSD.

A) The police are stupid for thinking this makes any sense
Aa) People who now populate every police force are the sorts of morons who would attempt such blatantly dipshit spin control
B) Plenty of people willingly believe it
C) There are an incredibly large amount of insanely stupid people on this planet
D) We are hosed forever
E) Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals tomorrow hopefully will be as good as Game 4

And on the flip side, there are a lot of PTSD-riddled vets who are cops now.

When my deployment was almost over I started looking at careers after the military. I looked into being a cop but decided against it because I’m scared to death that I’ll be trigger happy. It’s why I haven’t even bought a firearm for home defense. And I’ve been out for over four years. The poo poo doesn’t just go away.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

iospace posted:

The hope was the camera would never be released.

Which usually is what happens

cops just need to get better at bashing in their bodycam when they get close to their victims, bing bing boom problem solved it was the scary black man who broke all the cameras and somehow ended up beaten/dead :toot:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Pigs are the biggest babies

Your job requires no skill, is not dangerous, and you have Carte Blanche to kill people quit whining you little jackbooted bitch

:qq: waaaaa I'm a big fat pig and the Brown People are tired of me abusing them why don't they just obey my uneducated inbred rear end :qq:
I mean...

they are pretty much the epitome of "snowflake"

and people thought I was crazy for writing a low key ode to christopher dorner years n years ago
well I was
crazy like a FOX

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

That same Twitter account was having a meltdown about someone smoking weed the other day

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

That same Twitter account was having a meltdown about someone smoking weed the other day

That ruled

Wah wah wah i had to exercise sensible policing and couldn't arrest and beat someone for smoking a joint because I'm afraid of the mean activists

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I hope that if the milwaukee PD union does anything to try and fight Brown (lol) that the bucks find some alternative for security and drops all the local PD completely. Probably not possible but it'd be nice to actually have someone hit the cops where they actually have some feeling: their wallets.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

They only send the fattest cops to basketball games anyway. Knightbot or whatever it's called is better than they are

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/aluthern/status/999458675088650242?s=21

lmao the police union is blaming “understaffing” for why eight cops tased a dude that parked illegally

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

They only send the fattest cops to basketball games anyway. Knightbot or whatever it's called is better than they are

robot pigs are still pigs melt that fucker down

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

morestuff posted:

lmao the police union is blaming “understaffing” for why eight cops tased a dude that parked illegally

Now i'm reaaaaly hoping the bucks go "ok, we just can't pay cops at all then since they're so desperately needed out there on the streets".

e. especially since the cops have just been "disciplined" and not you know, fired and barred from ever getting that sort of job ever again, and arrested, etc.

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 24, 2018

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

morestuff posted:

The dude also was able to wait for the backup to arrive.

An urgent threat indeed

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

The dude also was able to wait for the backup to arrive.

An urgent threat indeed

Gotta make the guy who doesn't have a coat stand outside in the january weather for a while so that it really stings when you tackle him to the concrete.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

MourningView posted:

robot pigs are still pigs melt that fucker down

Yeah but it's a lot easier to yell oink oink oink at a robot without getting tased

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"negative outcomes are inevitable!"

jesus loving christ that statement pisses me off

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

morestuff posted:

More cops on the parking ticket than Rockets playing last night. Checks out

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I extremely dislike the police.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That letter is written like something Trump would tweet

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
A city of 2 million needs at minimum 16 million cops to ensure safety and proper payment of parking tickets.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

morestuff posted:

They're not even trying anymore cuz why would they? They know there's x% of people and an administration that see cops like a gang of private thugs to summon against people of color (which yeah they are) and they like it that way
Like this lady:
https://twitter.com/MochaIslandGirl/status/996972265769074689

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If any of y'all have been unable to fully commit to ACAB (like I had been) because of lingering questions like "How else are you going to stop violent crime," I recommend reading Alex Vitale's The End of Policing

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Punkin Spunkin posted:

They're not even trying anymore cuz why would they? They know there's x% of people and an administration that see cops like a gang of private thugs to summon against people of color (which yeah they are) and they like it that way
Like this lady:
https://twitter.com/MochaIslandGirl/status/996972265769074689

yeah she tracked himm down and was threatening him with a gun and poo poo too. that whole situation was nuts

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/999493374339112960

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm okay with the Boston Celtics winning it all??
No...I can't...hear Bill...Simmons...that smug and...happy...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The C's can probably defend GS.

I have no loving clue how they score against them tho.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dexo posted:

The C's can probably defend GS.

I have no loving clue how they score against them tho.

Smart contested threes have worked surprisingly well so far

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why are we talking about a matchup that will never happen?

cause it's gonna be Cavs/Warriors

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Intruder posted:

Why are we talking about a matchup that will never happen?

cause it's gonna be Cavs/Warriors

Silver gonna suddenly declare game 7 happens in Cleveland?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yo for real though probably about 5-10 years ago I wasn't ACAB (though I leaned that way) but recent history has made me really really dislike cops.

I actually have less disdain for the modern generic frat boy tyoe armed forces dudes. That's not really a compliment. Cops are just that awful.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Picking a winner between Celtics and Warriors ughhhh

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I been ACAB since middle school cause cops used to stop me on the way to school and hassle me for no reason. And I'm white!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Has LeBron played for a good NBA coach ever?

Because LOL at the Cavs being confused by a backup not playing or whatever the gently caress.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Well, Spoelstra is considered decent, maybe better.

But on the Cavs, absolutely not.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Spoelstra is top 5 imho. That Miami roster should by all rights be a 32 win team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Yoshi Wins posted:

Well, Spoelstra is considered decent, maybe better.

But on the Cavs, absolutely not.

I'm a "Spo is maybe not great anymore" truther but:

1. He's still in the "really good coach" tier at worst
2. He was pretty great in the Lebron Era keeping that team pointed in the right direction.

He probably got out-coached by Carlisle which I find it hard to blame someone for, and then ran into a buzz saw of an incredible Spurs team that he still split Finals with. He's good.

I don't even think Lue is all that bad, he's just kind of blah. He is saying he didn't see the matchups he really liked for Korver due to Defense (and the Cavs defense was still pretty good). Korver played like 5 minutes less than he usually does so its not like it was game's difference or anything.

• Locked thread