Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fangrim
Aug 23, 2017

Every day I hate the world just a tiny bit more...

The Titanic posted:

Breeding of a Spaceman

We know that in Star Citizen nobody really wants to see women. Women aren't really our major backers. Women just aren't really anything in the world of Star Citizen outside of one or two and a handful we pay.

This is why it's important to understand the goals of Star Citizen 4.0, which are already functioning now in our internal "pure male" secret build.

In the world of Star Citizen we know when you shoot a bitch, we don't want it to be an actual bitch. We want it to be a burly space man, so your testosterone fueled killing rage can have a sense of fulfillment we know you simply can't achieve when the slumped over and rag doll twisting night horror that is our physics engine barfing on itself simply can't provide you.

Therefore in 4.0 we are introducing a "no gurls allowed" version, and since we need extreme fidelity, we're also building an entire universe dedicated to nothing but strong, powerful men. We have hired some of the best incels on reddit to help us properly capture exactly how this universe will function as well as the expected behavior of our npc only few females we provide to you like slabs of meat for your entertainment as a strong man.

We are developing a new npc communication system, that allows a man to select different dynamic options when speaking with females. So far we have the following items on our interaction wheel, accessible via your mobiglass interface:

1: Insult
2: Slap in face to stay silent
3: Give me sex now
4: Claim as my waifu
5: Make food now
6: Sell me item but give me discount because you find me attractive

The universe of Star Citizen will definitely be male dominated, and we know it's important that there are women. Mostly for purposes of making food and occasionally nasty, dominant sex where your npc female will beg for more and scream your characters name in wild passion. We are recording over 690,000 names, including things like "XxXGokuXxX" and "SlayerMan" and "BitchMaker" and "WTFOsaurus" and other names women may normally find hugely offensive or afraid of.

But since fidelity comes first, our lore masters are also altering the very nature of how new space mans are created. The gently caress-womb is now optional. You can now directly jack off into a cone connected to a man dispenser. This in-lore system will then create an awesome clone of you, but of course not quite as awesome because he will be your child, and your child can never be more cool and brave than you.

You will still find women in the game though, don't worry! They will be shop keepers, complete with a counter that if you stand on it, your balls are at the perfect height to slap her in the face with. There will also be slave bitches whom you can purchase for use in your hot tub. If they get too rambunctious with lusting for you during a manly situation like blowing up another strong and capable man, feel free to just eject them into space. In Star Citizen, the little represented sex of a non-penis persuasion doesn't really have rights or equality, so go through as many as necessary!

There will be no women in the military, because hahahaha what are you loving crazy? (PS: except for Pusher because she is truly the best - SG added to lore).

However this is definitely not to say there will not be women during missions! There will be some! They will, of course, be captured and enslaved because they are naturally weak and susceptible to being taken hostage and as slaves both by npcs and other players.

Here is our first ever mission we wanted to share, where in your task is to rescue one of these retarded gently caress toys:

She is of course captured and restrained, waiting for you to do whatever you wish with her. We definitely felt this was the first step we wanted to share with the community, so everybody realizes that this game is the gritty, honest truth about how women need to be depicted within games.

Stay tuned for more lore masters as we explore "the semen trunk" where you store your life providing semen into a Life Pod that can be used as an extra life in the event of your untimely death. Please review Death of a Spaceman for those implications.

Also join us as dedicated women haters create and share their new "female language" that allows women characters to speak to each other in timid grunts and moans. Also in that segment we will show you how we are sinking millions into making a written language for these creatures as well. It uses sigils like tampons, sandwiches, and kitchen utensils to combine into a complex language of up to 100 words we allow the in game females the honor of learning.

We look forward to seeing you in the verse, fellow men whom support us with non-stop donations! And remember that if your wife disagrees with your Starl Citizen purchases, give her a good "female dialog wheel option" for where she can put her useless opinion of your definitely not an unhealthy non-addiction!

Would it be OK for a male to agree with everything you just wrote, or would that be like inviting a white fan up on stage to sing at a Kendrick Lamar concert?

Asking for a friend.

Edit: taxxe

Fangrim fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

God I really loving hate this movie more and more the more I'm reminded I was forced to pay to see it in a theater

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Remember all the other game dev studios that Crobear has belittled or shat on over the past few glorious years ?.
Boy is that about to bite him and his merry band on the rear end in the next few months !

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

EightAce posted:

Remember all the other game dev studios that Crobear has belittled or shat on over the past few glorious years ?.
Boy is that about to bite him and his merry band on the rear end in the next few months !

Is CIG selling out? I've been thinking, and it'd honestly be the most hilarious of all if that's how it all ended. Not with a wet fart of an endless refactoring, concluded by whiny half-assed explanations from them, not even via a Skadden ELE, but that financial difficulties force them towards being acquired by EA or somesuch. I know it's next to impossible, because no one in the industry would pay actual money for this wet turd, but holy poo poo would the citizens lose their poo poo over Crobblers selling out to 'the man'.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Fangrim posted:

Would it be OK for a male to agree with everything you just wrote, or would that be like inviting a white fan up on stage to sing at a Kendrick Lamar concert?

Asking for a friend.

Edit: taxxe

Reading that was insanely creepy/disturbing, and makes me feel bad just sharing the gender with some of those MGTOW/Incel idiots.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

MAN: (starry-eyed)“Honey... you remember that dream we always shared of buying a little beachside bar when we retired?”

WIFE: “No, that was always your stupid dream...”

MAN: ”Because i’ve been thinking—“

WIFE: “About finally getting a job? So I don’t have to keep carrying us both while you sit at home and stream your stupid spaceship game?”

MAN: (chuckles) “Heh, there’s that spitfire I fell in love with...”

WIFE: “I’m serious! I really—“

MAN: (pressing fingers to her lips) “Hush, I want to show you something...”

WIFE: “No. NO! I told you! No more spaceships!”

MAN: “Of course not. Of course not.”

WIFE: “You bought that stupid flying gas station and you still can’t fill anybody’s tank with it! No!”

MAN: “Refueling’s coming baby, Chris said—

WIFE: “SCREW what that lying goofball said!!”

MAN: “Hey baby don’t be like that, this is different—“

WIFE: “I SAID NO!”

MAN: “I know, of course baby. We agreed, I hear you. But come here—“

WIFE: “I swear to god if you — no, stop!”

The shushing noises answer her as MAN covers her eyes and starts pushing her through hallways once again towards what was formerly the guest bedroom, yet has now become the room he calls “Mission Control.”

WIFE: “No!! I don’t want to do this again!”

MAN: (his streamer schtick voice) “Mission control, can you read me? I’m coming in hot!”

WIFE: “Shut uuuuupppp!”

MAN: “I got Spitfire One on my wing and she’s ready to take our next mission! Over!”

Though blinded, she can hear the dull roar of the portable AC unit he’s jury-rigged to the back of his marshmallow-roaster of a PC RIG. The blast wave of heat as they enter the room is unmistakeable, despite the 54 degree setting on the unit. As her protests are reduced to grunts and hisses, he removes his hands from her eyes. Spread across the span of three 4k monitors, a picture of what appears to be some sort of modest drinking hole on some dirty slice of property in the place she knows as THAT STUPID GAME.

MAN: (gesturing proudly across the span) “Welcome to The Space Bar, baby!”

She glares at him, unblinking.

MAN: “You get it? Space bar?”

Still no blinks

MAN: “See baby, owning a real bar, well, it’s a lot of work, and Mexico, well, it’s a failed Narcostate these days. But I was thinking, ‘what if our dream—“

WIFE: “YOUR DREAM!!!”

MAN: “—of owning a little slice of heaven—“

WIFE: “HELL!!!”

MAN: “—was actually in the heavens, baby? And all those weary travelers we talked about taking care of? At our little getaway bar? Well—“

WIFE: “You just wanted to look at GIRLS! Do you think I’m STUPID?! It was GIRLS! Now it’s GAMES! —“

MAN: “—it looks like there’s a chance for us to buy that—“

WIFE: “—And now there’s no money left for your stupid beachside boobie dreams anymore because you bought all those ships!! I SAID NO!!!”

MAN: “—little getaway plan? But safer? Cheaper?”

WIFE: “No girls! No games! And no stupid SPACE BAR! You’ll just spend it staring at stupid space girls in their space bikinis in your stupid manbaby game all day for the same 60 people who troll you all day! You know it! I know it! And I SAID NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

His eyes light up. He sees his window. His little Spitfire left herself wide open and doesn’t even know it.

MAN: “Baby, there are no girls in the game...

She stares at him, dumbfounded. Her mouth moves but no words come out and he’s not listening anyway. His eyes are on her purse, where her credit card lives. The hidden pouch sewn in the satin lining was no secret to him. He was once a Bosmer nightblade, after all, a master picketpocket known as Filcher McSneakypants. He will have his dream by hook or by crook. And The Space Bar will be his the moment as soon as Hurston joins the PU and his dream, their dream, is only a mouseclick away.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Thoatse posted:

I think it looks like hot garbage and the pitch makes him sound like the kid from a 3D-Head commercial but the funny part imo is him using a fake name to distance himself from his brother, noted game developer and Cryengine EvangelistTM Sean Tracy which also obscures the fact he was one of the cig devs that helped turn Star Citizer's flight model to noclip trash to milk fps whales once the simwhales were dry and was in most of their propaganda videos for the first few years.

Does no ones else recognize Dan Tracy or find it amusing he's pretending not to be Dan Tracy and wasn't on team Roberts for the formative years or just no one cares? I was hoping there were some funny insights about this.

fake e: I got grimcreap'd :negative:

I was.. actually being serious. It looks neat. Like "for 5 bux I'd buy it" kinda neat.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer
:golfclap: @ those 2 new stimpire.txt

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

tuo posted:

Blue cheese on pizza rules. Even with Pineapple.

This is my post. I stand by it.
       /

with that av I would be shocked if I am the first person to do this to you

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

The Titanic posted:

1: Insult
2: Slap in face to stay silent
3: Give me sex now
4: Claim as my waifu
5: Make food now
6: Sell me item but give me discount because you find me attractive

LOL well done

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

G0RF posted:

Spacebar, IN SPACE!!!!!!

also well done

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

drat, so many productive posts. something is not right here

Peter.Quint
Mar 16, 2018

Lladre posted:

Apparently over two months ago they decided to close one of the twenty shell companies.
It's a good way of tidying up loops of errant cash flow.

Derek claims he decided to wait two months to mention it, which is why people here thinks he is as full of poo poo as Chris Roberts.

I thought you said he got everything from stuff goons already had mentioned. I don't remember seeing anything here about this until now.

I could be wrong. Where has this news appeared before aside from the original documents. Who was the person who broke it first before Derek supposedly repeated it?

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

The Titanic posted:

gross_idiot_gamer_manchildren.txt

A masterwork.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Mkcq160cE&t=4818s
for context
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Mkcq160cE&t=4454s
:allears: it truly was bullshit well played chris roberts. Mentions cloud/mesh of servers as well.

Awesome Fidelity
Aug 16, 2017

The path i walk lights up in
fidelity

EightAce posted:

Bookmarking the next few months now!

e: How to convert a few months into the two-weeks standard unit?

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012

Scruffpuff posted:

What continues to be amazing to me is how little CIG has accomplished, and how low-quality and worthless the very little they have managed to do is. There's a reason Beet and :pgabz: can't be bothered with this poo poo. CIG may be the worst game development team that has ever existed, based purely on the virtues of what they've actually developed. It's no excuse that "they're aiming high" and "they're doing things nobody has done before" because even were that proven to be true, they've failed at every single thing they've attempted.

Star Citizen is absolute hot garbage, an unplayable mesh of bugs coded by the most inept team imaginable, working for the biggest moron who considers himself connected to gaming.

I've played bad games. I've wrestled with the old Commodore 64 "3 games on one disc" deal that confused grandparents would gift on Christmas. I've played old hacked pirated poo poo, old mods from before the modding community was a thing, loving E.T. on the 2600.

Nothing I've ever seen is as bad as what CIG has made here. In a sane world, everyone who installed and played this game for more than 10 minutes would be at CIG headquarters with torches and pitchforks.
Sorry for rambling

Bad games are just that, bad. Say what you will about E.T., Blues Brothers 2000, Daikatana, 007 Legends, at least they have game play that was promised on the box. The amount of stinkers I have played and bought since 1992 is staggering. Star Citizen is the 1st game I have gotten a refund for in well over 10 years. It's not just how bad it plays, it being just a bad flight sim game wouldn't have made me refund it. What made me go through a refund was nothing in the game exists, I really do mean nothing. The term "tech demo" is used by backers to defend this game, it's not even that as it implies it has something that works and the box carrying sim doesn't work.

Someone could put out a game with more content than Star Citizen in a weekend onto steam. Only reason backers defend this game is because of the "high fidelity" graphics.

I was thinking about the "3 games on disc" for a bit. Think about this for a moment; Every Star Citizen module plays totally different in terms of controlling feel, as in walking movement feels totally different in star marine than the PU, arena commander flight is different to the PU etc. They don't share anything, not even the UI

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

stingtwo posted:

Sorry for rambling

Thank god not everybody is such a logical, rational and responsible grownup tryhard like you.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

On totally related SC news:

Those wannabe game devs at Paradox released their 2.1 Stellaris Story Update "Niven". Not only they deliver content for your 10 bux, the update also runs smoothly and is not bugridden beyond hope.

Imo they dont understand game development.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/dev-team-niven-update-2-1-0-released-checksum-01a9.1099864/

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

AutismVaccine posted:

On totally related SC news:

Those wannabe game devs at Paradox released their 2.1 Stellaris Story Update "Niven". Not only they deliver content for your 10 bux, the update also runs smoothly and is not bugridden beyond hope.

Imo they dont understand game development.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/dev-team-niven-update-2-1-0-released-checksum-01a9.1099864/

They're only at patch 2.1?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Daztek posted:

They're only at patch 2.1?

good point, they really should try to get some devs from CIG to help them out with all code related stuff.
Version 7.34 r25a would sell way better

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012
Where's the patch notes about what they wanted to include or are working on? Amateurs

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Quavers posted:

So for those people requesting refunds in USA, do they still send the refund request to RSI, or CIG? I'm confused.

It doesn't matter. "Wrong company, it's the other one" is always the response, regardless of which one they contact.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Mr Fronts posted:

It doesn't matter. "Wrong company, it's some other one" is always the response, regardless of which one they contact.

fixed, they've got like 20

I'm pretty sure there's a difference between "Robert Space Industries" and "Roberts Space Industries" beyond just "copy editing typo on the newsletter", unless they only meant to have one and typoed half their legal docs, and that's before the LTD vs Inc vs whatever else

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGWggc7KjJE

:smug:

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Ah but just you wait until 3.2! Then you'll see!

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

2019 is the year. Oh my yes, when 2019 comes around, then you'll all be jealous. Just you wait. Just you wait and see.

Triple post in honour of Star Citizen drawing this poo poo out for decades.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

2031 will be the year. Once you've seen Bind Culling 14.1 Alpha you'll be so sorry you didn't spend 140k on jpgs.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Haven't seen that movie. So I gather it's a reference to the in-movie terminology regarding neural networks about words, emotions and loyalties.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Sabreseven posted:

The Doodlebug made me giggle, not even sure why, funny farty exploding things. :)

All the fideliteous chaos happening, and then it splutters overhead, like SC getting a patch update, it just farts itself along for a bit before blapping into the ground pathetically.

(The explosion was quite nice though)

The legit method they used for destroying doodlebugs in the air was to fly up to them get the wing of your aircraft 6" below the wing of the doodlebug which made the wing rise up and send it into an uncontrollable dive. If they have that in the game then it will have fidelity.

Oh yeah and you have to do it at 340mph.

Fangrim
Aug 23, 2017

Every day I hate the world just a tiny bit more...

Hobold posted:

Reading that was insanely creepy/disturbing, and makes me feel bad just sharing the gender with some of those MGTOW/Incel idiots.

Indeed. I was just thinking about how the SJW League would react if a guy wrote what Titanic wrote :)

Not that the SJW League is haunting SA, but everyone takes offense these days, except if it's somehow OK for one person ti say something, but not others.

Pisses me off.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Fangrim posted:

Indeed. I was just thinking about how the SJW League would react if a guy wrote what Titanic wrote :)

Not that the SJW League is haunting SA, but everyone takes offense these days, except if it's somehow OK for one person ti say something, but not others.

Pisses me off.

Tell us more about how it's really unfair you don't get to say the N-word whenever you want.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

stingtwo posted:

Sorry for rambling

Bad games are just that, bad. Say what you will about E.T., Blues Brothers 2000, Daikatana, 007 Legends, at least they have game play that was promised on the box. The amount of stinkers I have played and bought since 1992 is staggering. Star Citizen is the 1st game I have gotten a refund for in well over 10 years. It's not just how bad it plays, it being just a bad flight sim game wouldn't have made me refund it. What made me go through a refund was nothing in the game exists, I really do mean nothing. The term "tech demo" is used by backers to defend this game, it's not even that as it implies it has something that works and the box carrying sim doesn't work.

Someone could put out a game with more content than Star Citizen in a weekend onto steam. Only reason backers defend this game is because of the "high fidelity" graphics.

I was thinking about the "3 games on disc" for a bit. Think about this for a moment; Every Star Citizen module plays totally different in terms of controlling feel, as in walking movement feels totally different in star marine than the PU, arena commander flight is different to the PU etc. They don't share anything, not even the UI

YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU SON OF A BITCH! :argh:

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 14:03 on May 24, 2018

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Aramoro posted:

The legit method they used for destroying doodlebugs in the air was to fly up to them get the wing of your aircraft 6" below the wing of the doodlebug which made the wing rise up and send it into an uncontrollable dive. If they have that in the game then it will have fidelity.

Oh yeah and you have to do it at 340mph.

Or you could shoot them like a chav meteor and not a virgin spitfire.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Or you could shoot them like a chav meteor and not a virgin spitfire.

Pfft Meteor's barely shot down a dozen doodlebugs, unless you were meaning Mosquito's which were a lot more successful than the Spitfires and Mustangs.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Fangrim posted:

Pisses me off.

Tell me more about this SJW League.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Aramoro posted:

Pfft Meteor's barely shot down a dozen doodlebugs, unless you were meaning Mosquito's which were a lot more successful than the Spitfires and Mustangs.

All I'm saying is that shooting it is much cooler than tipping your wing and saluting like the broken Citizen you are!

Also, I was really hoping that when they shouted "ROCKETS" it was going to be a barrage of Nebelwerfers... :(

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

um flying up next to it and tipping it over is like 10,000% cooler than just shooting it. what the gently caress is wrong with you?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Taintrunner posted:

God I really loving hate this movie more and more the more I'm reminded I was forced to pay to see it in a theater

The more you think about it the angrier you get - it's just like Star Citizen, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Taintrunner posted:

What movie was that?