Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

VANJIE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

thank god they brought references to Vanjie back

also, more like 13 Reasons Why this boring rear end dude shouldn't be a judge ever again, what a snooze

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

The Berzerker posted:

also, more like 13 Reasons Why this boring rear end dude shouldn't be a judge ever again, what a snooze

I love him, but boy sure does love a mock turtleneck. It's all that he ever wears.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Honestly I thought Aquaria should have been in the bottom instead of Monet X Change but what do I know.

e: lol Monet X Change is now the second queen to break a lightbulb on the stage, after Robbie Turner. Although when Robbie did it I believe he had been drugged and then was abducted by a producer etc. etc. joke about the lies

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
That was a much better lip sync than last week, and much more worthy of a shantay you both stay than last week's.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nihonniboku posted:

That was a much better lip sync than last week, and much more worthy of a shantay you both stay than last week's.

i didn't feature eureka so there's no incentive for producerial shennanigans

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

THIS WAS The REAL DOUBLE SHANTAY LIPSYNC

THE gently caress

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

uhhhhh yeah except for all the times Monet forgot the words? Like I love her but she did not deserve to stay

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Whalley posted:

THE gently caress

Agreed

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
There can only be one it's in the rules!!!!!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

THAT BOTTOM TWO WAS BULLSHIT

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
Eureka's straight boy drag was eerily on point. No clue how she pulled that off.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

warez posted:

Eureka's straight boy drag was eerily on point. No clue how she pulled that off.

straight boys are basic and so is eureka

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

alf_pogs posted:

straight boys are basic

I was going to be offended until I realized that my fashion is entirely either "Hockey Jersey and jeans" or "t shirt and shorts" based on the weather.

And a hat if my hair is hosed up.

:cripes:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Flyinglemur posted:

I was going to be offended until I realized that my fashion is entirely either "Hockey Jersey and jeans" or "t shirt and shorts" based on the weather.

And a hat if my hair is hosed up.

:cripes:

T shirt and shorts are fine as long as it's a 5 inch inseam. Nothing touching or below the knee. Hockey jersey and jeans, lose the jeans, wear a thong and high heels. No longer basic.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Nihonniboku posted:

T shirt and shorts are fine as long as it's a 5 inch inseam. Nothing touching or below the knee. Hockey jersey and jeans, lose the jeans, wear a thong and high heels. No longer basic.

5" inseam? What am I, a nun?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I'm LIVING for Miz Cookie

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Nihonniboku posted:

Whalley posted:

THIS WAS The REAL DOUBLE SHANTAY LIPSYNC

THE gently caress

wat

Monet delivered an okay lip-sync, this is her third time in the bottom and she hasn't won any challenges.

Kameron gave a very good lip-sync, this is her second time in the bottom (and she had a straight guy for the makeover), and she's won a challenge.

That was absolutely the right elimination decision.

Have we had queens do makeovers on straight guys before? I forget. The girls that got the straight guys had a bit more of a challenge and it's interesting how that turned out. Cookie was absolutely feeling it, Cracker did a great job on her makeup which was part of that. Kelly Michaels was kind of what you'd expect from a straight guy makeover, a bit reserved and underwhelming.

I loved Cookie's transformation from reserved, bearded "oh no it's a shy straight guy" to absolutely gorgeous and slutty queen.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 25, 2018

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pellisworth posted:

Have we had queens do makeovers on straight guys before?

It's almost always been straight guys for the makeover challenges. Like season 3 where Alexis had that straight guy who was really turned on by how he looked in drag. They were all straight. Or that season (I forget which) where they had gay military guys, and the one older guy said he killed Judy Garland.

I think this might have been the first time where it was a mix of straight and gay guys.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Pellisworth posted:

Have we had queens do makeovers on straight guys before? I forget.

Season 3 had straight athletes, Season 6 had straight guys getting (re)married.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

alf_pogs posted:

straight boys are basic and so is eureka

The truth.

Also Kameron is a lipsync goddess. Loved that Miz Cracker got her first win finally.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

It's almost always been straight guys for the makeover challenges. Like season 3 where Alexis had that straight guy who was really turned on by how he looked in drag. They were all straight. Or that season (I forget which) where they had gay military guys, and the one older guy said he killed Judy Garland.

I think this might have been the first time where it was a mix of straight and gay guys.

Season 1 was women fighters.
Season 2 was older men.
Season 3 was athletes.
Season 4 was dads.
Season 5 was gay military.
Season 6 was marriages.
Season 7 was eliminated contestants.
Season 8 was little women.
Season 9 was RPDR crew.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Ubiquitous_ posted:

The truth.

Also Kameron is a lipsync goddess. Loved that Miz Cracker got her first win finally.

Kameron’s only done 2 so far.
Jujubee, Alexis Mateo, Coco, and Peppermint have all survived 3.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

garthoneeye posted:

Kameron’s only done 2 so far.
Jujubee, Alexis Mateo, Coco, and Peppermint have all survived 3.

Yeah I had to edit my post. Decided to get blazed before Drag Race tonight, got a 4 day weekend in store.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Pellisworth posted:

I'm LIVING for Miz Cookie

She was living for herself. I think that's one of the best makeovers we've had.

Monet :smith: I never expected her to win but I really love watching her on the show. I do think Aquaria should have been in the bottom over her....but Monet's been in the bottom twice and Aquaria's not been low at all until now. It was a really loving good lipsync, but Monet never would have survived being in the bottom three times....even though she's been so great the last few weeks. I love watching Kameron do her thing, she's such a FUN performer.

Next week looks loving GOOD.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Ru wheezing at Vanjie while doing something completely unrelated is the best running joke.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I thought aquaria did worse than Kameron. Her daughters dress was a piece of cloth jammed under a corset and the makeup was pretty much what you'd get if you went to the MAC store to get beat. They said Kameron loving brought it in the lip sync.

I'm glad ru is in the werk room again but they should not let her do that much cocaine before she goes in.

Ms Cookie is igniting my dead little heart.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Pinwiz11 posted:

THAT BOTTOM TWO WAS BULLSHIT

Now that I'm home and at a keyboard, I'm shocked (SHOCKED) that Aquaria wasn't in the bottom two. I think you could make a case for either Kameron (my choice) or Monet being the other one, but if it was Aquaria v Kameron there would have been a good chance that Kameron went home so I guess I'll live with this. Feh.

#TeamAsia

e: Thank you, AVClub: "In drag, Frankie looks like Cynthia Lee Fontaine with Bianca Del Rio makeup and a mini hair loaf on his head"

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The Berzerker posted:

uhhhhh yeah except for all the times Monet forgot the words? Like I love her but she did not deserve to stay

Also her Alexis Michelle taint mop into the lightbulb was a choice. Ru was unimpressed imho

e: also that was def not a third lip sync that would have saved her. she needed to pull out some juju/alexis/coco poo poo and didn't

esperterra fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 25, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Miz Cookie serving me Mariah Balenciaga mug 4 dayz

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Kameron Michaels is life also

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

jit bull transpile posted:

I thought aquaria did worse than Kameron. Her daughters dress was a piece of cloth jammed under a corset and the makeup was pretty much what you'd get if you went to the MAC store to get beat. They said Kameron loving brought it in the lip sync.

I agree. The outfit was very lame for Aquaria, especially the 'ermine'. I think Kameron's missteps were mostly styling choices that didn't work out. I did like her outfit at least. I didn't feel the chemistry between Aquaria and her guy at all, unlike with Monet. Plus in the video he basically didn't do anything.

I think Eureka's boy had the worst makeup though. I don't think she's used to painting others.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Holy moly that was a fun episode, right from the jump.

Monet finally went back to the big hair and looked amazing but it was all too late. :(

jit bull transpile posted:

Ms Cookie is igniting my dead little heart.

I think Miz Kracker was right when she said Miz Cookie was the actual winner of this episode.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

warez posted:

Living in NC, I know so many guys like "BJ". Eureka's boy drag was very accurate.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I love the last 2-3 episodes where Workroom Ru has gotten over the flu but still has expensive anti-illness steroids coursing through every vein

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Put me firmly on teams Asia and Kameron.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Monet's song/video has dropped (mildly NSFW thong butts): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq1ijbMabsM

She's committing to the sponge and it's glorious.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

The Berzerker posted:

Put me firmly on teams Asia and Kameron.

:same:

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
I honestly think the bottom two made sense!
DEFINITELY agree that Aquaria's partner's look was dissonant and much lower effort than Aquaria herself, but independently the girls looked great. The makeup was good, the outfits were on point, they just had no connection between them besides "They are both white and red."

Comparatively, I think the judges were correct on Monet and Kameron's criticisms.
Their looks were disconnected from one another AND they were far too simple and basic for this point in the competition.
Frankly I was not surprised at all by Monet doing this, she is hilarious and great but she did NOT come prepared drag wise, and it's showed all season. I was much more surprised at how basic and uninspired Kameron's outfits were. Her aesthetic is all about being big and flashy and feminine, a few pieces of cloth tossed on with no embellishment whatsoever was pretty startling.

ALL OF THAT SAID, I'm still very frustrated by the extremely generous edit Eureka is getting. She is a strong competitor and many weeks she has absolutely killed it, and also she is getting away with murder.
This post from reddit pretty much sums it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Whenever people complain about a queen doing well not being versatile enough on the runway or sticking to the same comedy schtick/jokes I just say

BIANCA DEL RIO?

Bianca just has the benefit of being way more likeable than Eureka so I guess that's why people don't care she won a whole season never being in the bottom despite only changing her silhouette once.

• Locked thread