Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

They should send Esther Lin to Japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

They should send Esther Lin to Japan

She was at WK as a fan but still took a really great photo of Liger and someone else that I can't recall right now

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I've never seen my girlfriend so invested in wrestling than with ACH trying to beat up Suzuki.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

I believe Chris Jericho can pull 5 stars out of Naito.

4 five star matches to one, I'd say Naito is the one doing the pulling.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

I Before E posted:

4 five star matches to one, I'd say Naito is the one doing the pulling.

Go easy on Jericho, he was in WWE most of his career, it's not like he had many chances

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

Go easy on Jericho, he was in WWE most of his career, it's not like he had many chances

I'm just saying, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for Jericho.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Baron Corbyn posted:

She was at WK as a fan but still took a really great photo of Liger and someone else that I can't recall right now

She was the official photographer for Strong Style Evolved and it ruled.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm so glad I subscribed again and decided to go the Fire TV route to easily watch this on my TV. The app isn't perfect but it's far preferable to chromecasting from my phone.

Also, Desperado is loving great...? I can never remember enjoying him before, but that match with Hiromu was off the charts. I love these super juniors.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Desperado, Sho, and Hiromu are the people I'd most like to see win the NEVER openweight title right now. Chuck Taylor too, probably.

Despy has been solid forever but his role as the undercard/young lion match tag guy for Suzuki-gun meant he didn't get a lot of chances to show it off. I'm glad he's getting more, with the tournament slot and holding the Jr. Tag titles.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Draxion posted:

Desperado, Sho, and Hiromu are the people I'd most like to see win the NEVER openweight title right now. Chuck Taylor too, probably.

Yeah, I'd like to see a lot more inter-division competition for that belt. We rarely get jr. vs heavy single matches and there are so many I'd love to see. Some kind of openweight round robin tournament would be great too. I get why this doesn't happen from a booking and logistical reason but the hard class divisions prevent a lot of potentially great matches.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

give us kushida vs suzuki you fucks!!!!!!!!!!!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

give us kushida vs suzuki you fucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you want KUSHIDA to die

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kushida breaking Suzuki’s arm would be pretty cool.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Kushida breaking Suzuki’s arm would be pretty cool.

oh god now i need pentagon v suzuki i never knew i needed that

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Pinwiz11 posted:

oh god now i need pentagon v suzuki i never knew i needed that

Where the heck is that "unnerved stare while tossing popcorn at closed mouth" smiley when I need it because that is exactly what this match would be.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

unimportantguy posted:

Where the heck is that "unnerved stare while tossing popcorn at closed mouth" smiley when I need it because that is exactly what this match would be.

:suspense:

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Yeah, that one. Thank you.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Jericho's cool I guess but Despy's backstage promo was loving incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfYCdUmeQig

Tournament MVP so far.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

First Taichi and now Despy being re-evaluated as Always Good, Actually - this summer Iizuka is going to be the G1 MVP

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

There were more matches today, right? How long does it usually take for them to go up when they're house shows?

Also, why does Taiji walk to the ring like he's got a broken foot? Really freaked me out on the second night that he was injured.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There was another show? I thought it was later tonight? Goddammit!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Phenix Rising posted:

There were more matches today, right? How long does it usually take for them to go up when they're house shows?

Also, why does Taiji walk to the ring like he's got a broken foot? Really freaked me out on the second night that he was injured.

ishimori's pants too tight

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I just need to know when we're getting to the Hiromu/Dragon Lee fireworks factory and why that match isn't happening at Korakuen :mad:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

There was another show? I thought it was later tonight? Goddammit!

I don't know what time it is exactly, just know the OP says it's on the 24th.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
There was one earlier today and one tomorrow/late tonight in NA, but neither was live. VOD will be up when they get around to it - it's seemed slower lately.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

this summer Iizuka is going to be the G1 MVP

Let's not say things we can't take back.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
5/24 matches are up. Bushi/TMIV was great fun.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Phenix Rising posted:

I think he's doing that as a fake out.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
i'm all caught up on bosj now and honestly yoh is probably the standout of the tournament for me so far, aside from obvious guys like hiromu and ospreay. i didn't expect to be digging his singles stuff this much so soon

also that hiromu/desperado match was as much of a banger as everyone said, goddamn

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Grozz Nuy posted:

i'm all caught up on bosj now and honestly yoh is probably the standout of the tournament for me so far, aside from obvious guys like hiromu and ospreay. i didn't expect to be digging his singles stuff this much so soon

also that hiromu/desperado match was as much of a banger as everyone said, goddamn

Yeah I expected to like Sho way better than Yoh, but Yoh's literal baby face gives him a lot of expressions to utilise.

Plus his fringe shorts are awesome.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Yeah I expected to like Sho way better than Yoh, but Yoh's literal baby face gives him a lot of expressions to utilise.

Plus his fringe shorts are awesome.

i liked sho's match with sabin quite a bit but yoh just is really clicking with me so far in this tournament. great look, good babyface fire, offense that looks good but is varied enough to avoid being too formulaic between matches

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Flip beat Ishimori and Tiger Mask leads Block A after a week. I, uh, didn't see that coming.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

I've been really liking SHO in this tournament and haven't much cared about YOH so I guess I'm the odd man out here? SHO's had amazing intensity and real high-octane matches so far.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

unimportantguy posted:

I've been really liking SHO in this tournament and haven't much cared about YOH so I guess I'm the odd man out here? SHO's had amazing intensity and real high-octane matches so far.

Nah I love Sho too. I just expected Sho to be great and didn't expect much from Yoh.

Turns out they're both good!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sho is real handsome and extremely good
Yoh is extremely handsome and real good

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

The matches are up now.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

Sho is real handsome and extremely good
Yoh is extremely handsome and real good

Copy and paste this for everyone in New Japan.

It's a promotion of hunks. And all the wrestlers are gay for each other too.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

Copy and paste this for everyone in New Japan.

It's a promotion of hunks. And all the wrestlers are gay for each other too.

I read your post, went to Twitter and this was at the top of my timeline
https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/999994745538527233?s=19

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’m flying to Japan tomorrow :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Ishimori being bewildered by the lone women going "GORDOOOON FIGHT-OOOOOOO" in the crowd was pretty good