Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Flytrap posted:

So, turns out with a 20something Skull Kid with a level 1 weapon and the Master Sword, you can do a pretty quick job of beelining Shiek's 4+ weapon for all your early game breaking.

Hilariously, it makes her about on par with a first rank 1 star Ganondorf Trident. drat that thing is loving broken.

I fought long and hard cutting my way into the termina map with my highest level unit being 35 Zelda with a lvl 2 baton and Link about 2 levels behind with the master sword, but I got the level 4 baton.

That thing is a crowd control nightmare. Tearing through swathes of enemies as easy as a scythe through wheat. I used it to go through Grand Travels to get the 4+ harp for Medli and next stop is the lvl 4 protector sword for Toon Zelda.

Level 4 weapons are insanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Pollyanna posted:

Darunia seems good for focus damage but not so great at groups.

He does pretty well for himself with his C2 (body slam) and C4 (lava pool) if enemies are right next to you, and his C5 (big rock throw) is both really strong, his distance, and is pretty large to hit big groups of dudes in front of you. It's just that his basic attacks are pretty slow so investing in the Nayru's Love badges early probably wouldn't hurt.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

FPzero posted:

He does pretty well for himself with his C2 (body slam) and C4 (lava pool) if enemies are right next to you, and his C5 (big rock throw) is both really strong, his distance, and is pretty large to hit big groups of dudes in front of you. It's just that his basic attacks are pretty slow so investing in the Nayru's Love badges early probably wouldn't hurt.

His C3 also has absurd range and can wipe out most of a fort every time he does it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I think I might know the answer to this, but does using the fairy skill Glass Canon effect your damage score?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is there a master quest mode item map for adventure mode? Some stuff got shuffled around and I don't feel like spending all my rupees to find out I needed to bomb a bush or blow a whistle at a rock in the water because lol random.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
So what's the best way to grind levels/rupees?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Viridiant posted:

I'd like to know this too.

Also, is it really a requirement for every hidden item on the adventure maps that you have to:

1. use a compass to reveal the spot on the map
2. use the required item to reveal the "peculiar spot" that the compass highlights

?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

FPzero posted:

Had to think about your post for a little, but I see what combos you're referring to now. Usually, you don't refer to YYX (C3) or YYYYX (C5) as C2 or C4, but the attack descriptions make it abundantly clear what attacks you are refering to anyways.

I think that C4 (in my case, I'm referring to the slam attack that makes fire pillars fire outward in a straight line) is also a good way to clear out crowds, and it's also a good move for Darunia to use against enemy officers/characters due to the range, damage output, and the knockback of it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

GreatGreen posted:

I'd like to know this too.

Also, is it really a requirement for every hidden item on the adventure maps that you have to:

1. use a compass to reveal the spot on the map
2. use the required item to reveal the "peculiar spot" that the compass highlights

?

You don't need to use the compass if you are able to identify the location of the peculiar spot by other means.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Bongo Bill posted:

You don't need to use the compass if you are able to identify the location of the peculiar spot by other means.

Other means? Like educated guessing?

vvv okay cool, good to know, thanks.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 07:02 on May 25, 2018

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

GreatGreen posted:

Other means? Like educated guessing?

Or looking it up. The first map in particular has items hidden in the locations of just about every secret in the Zelda 1 overworld.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

gently caress Cia's Tale: The Dragon of the Caves. Three times I've gotten to the end with Volgo and three times I've killed the bomb triceratops and Wizzro only to get killed by Volgo.

I need to take a break for a bit.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

gently caress Cia's Tale: The Dragon of the Caves. Three times I've gotten to the end with Volgo and three times I've killed the bomb triceratops and Wizzro only to get killed by Volgo.

I need to take a break for a bit.

If you're having trouble don't forget you can pay to level Cia up more. Volga usually does his fast strong attack after blocking two hits so when I see that I usually start sidestepping to avoid it and WPS him.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Is there a correspondence between the levels of a scenario in Adventure Mode and the level a character ought to be to attempt it?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is there a master quest mode item map for adventure mode? Some stuff got shuffled around and I don't feel like spending all my rupees to find out I needed to bomb a bush or blow a whistle at a rock in the water because lol random.

There's an interactive item map I linked that has Master Quest in it. I'm on mobile so just look at my previous posts.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Is there a correspondence between the levels of a scenario in Adventure Mode and the level a character ought to be to attempt it?

Define "level".

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I assume they mean the level in the mission description which I'm pretty sure is the recommended character level.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think the mission description is how highly ranked that specific quest is vs other quests of the same type. Like a level 6 quiz stage just means there's 5 easier quiz stages.

Becuase there's no way that Fi stage with the Imprisoned can be aced at level 8.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Volga usually does his fast strong attack after blocking two hits so when I see that I usually start sidestepping to avoid it and WPS him.

I want this man's Volga. I lost one of the easy as beans quiz levels like 5 times because I was forced into Wizzro and Volga used his charged claw and dragon fire about 60 times a second and they both break shield without opening him up.

Seriously, Volga for me is worse than the Imprisonned

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jade Mage posted:

I want this man's Volga. I lost one of the easy as beans quiz levels like 5 times because I was forced into Wizzro and Volga used his charged claw and dragon fire about 60 times a second and they both break shield without opening him up.

Seriously, Volga for me is worse than the Imprisonned

when volga first unlocked as a playable character i deliberately let him die over and over again as revenge

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

I do that with Zant all the time honestly. I'd rather fight 5 Volgas than a Zant that I don't massively outlevel to be honest.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Viridiant posted:

Folt had a stage recommendation in the switch thread for rupees that I quoted in the second post of this thread:

Folt The Bolt posted:

There's a map in Lorule where you can grind upwards of 10000+ KOs in around 20 minutes (its the mission right below Ravio's Lv. 2 weapon mission). Said mission spawns 3 Summoners who will summon mooks for quite a while as you complete the first mission. If you have the Rupee effect added to the Ravio board (use a Bomb item), you can get upwards of 60000-80000 rupees per go battling the summoned mooks, or upwards of 90000-100000 rupees and more per go if you have the Rupee+ skill on your weapon, as well as 100+ Rock materials to use for any Apothecary items requiring bronze materials. On top of that, it's pretty doable with a Lv. 30 character and with the EXP+ skill, you can also get a decent amount of levels for a low-level character as you farm the other stuff.

It didn't feel that great for levels but it is a ton of rupees. I'd be curious if anyone knows good grind spots for higher levels.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Folt The Bolt posted:

Had to think about your post for a little, but I see what combos you're referring to now. Usually, you don't refer to YYX (C3) or YYYYX (C5) as C2 or C4, but the attack descriptions make it abundantly clear what attacks you are refering to anyways.

I think that C4 (in my case, I'm referring to the slam attack that makes fire pillars fire outward in a straight line) is also a good way to clear out crowds, and it's also a good move for Darunia to use against enemy officers/characters due to the range, damage output, and the knockback of it.

Then, is there no C1 in that format? Because I'd been assuming the whole C# format was saying like "Combo 1 = C1 = YX, Combo 2 = C2 = YYX," etc. because of how many times you push the regular attack button before hitting the special attack one. Is C1 meant to be just X?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

FPzero posted:

Then, is there no C1 in that format? Because I'd been assuming the whole C# format was saying like "Combo 1 = C1 = YX, Combo 2 = C2 = YYX," etc. because of how many times you push the regular attack button before hitting the special attack one. Is C1 meant to be just X?

Yeah C1 is just X.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Senerio posted:

I do that with Zant all the time honestly. I'd rather fight 5 Volgas than a Zant that I don't massively outlevel to be honest.

The trick to Zant is to always block his attacks. Eventually, he'll overheat like he does when you play as him which exposes his WPG and allows you to easily set up on him.

FPzero posted:

We usually refer to C1 as just the X button press, yes. The number just refers to how many button presses needed to execute the attack, including the X button. Usually, the C1 is an attack that can break guards, but the Warriors games made using Nintendo franchises use C1 as the designated special move button which includes that among others special moves (while the other C#s more closely follow established Charge Attack traditions).

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Ah, that makes sense now, especially if the format comes from games before this one.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

FPzero posted:

Ah, that makes sense now, especially if the format comes from games before this one.

Yes. Basically, just think of the number as signifying when the input of the X button should happen and this is fine.

I also tend to refer to individual attacks in the character's basic string (the Y attacks) as R#. This comes up very rarely unlike the C#s but it's good when I need to note certain things, like how Ruto's R6 for instance empties Giant Boss WPGs like you wouldn't believe, Lana's R6 to R7 does the same thing, and Trident!Dorf's R7 is a pretty good projectile for zoning, or how the properties of Ravio's R2 to R4 (R2 has a little beam projectile, R3 flattens enemies into the ground, and R4 has a bomb as a projectile) makes it easy for him to combo characters into his C5.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ok so I've got a weird thing happening in my game where my AI controlled ally characters (the ones I can swap to) just literally do nothing. They'll walk to the enemy I want them to go to but won't attack at all. I've stared at one for a full minute and they didn't do anything

I don't think I even get boss bonuses with them.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
It might be a bit much to ask but can anyone list the goto move for each character?

Like, link is C3, Ganon C4 or whatever.

It helps to figure out if I'm just playing a character wrong and not missing out on some over powered attack.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Kin posted:

It might be a bit much to ask but can anyone list the goto move for each character?

Like, link is C3, Ganon C4 or whatever.

It helps to figure out if I'm just playing a character wrong and not missing out on some over powered attack.

From my experience playing Zelda with baton/sword. The sword's best is a charged C3, the baton is C4 to make gusted enemies (best in a huge crowd) then X to make a tornado to carry yourself all the way to Oz. Ideally with baton you want at least 1 gust before pressing X, then hoping the start of your Strong makes a second to cause a huge twister

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a way to bait Manhandla into showing it weakness. Got annoyed last night because for three minutes straight on the (kill 800 enemies in X minute map) it would just use poison or spin around.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I just spam Boomerang at it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The big attack at the end of Focus Spirit exposes all giant boss weak points immediately. I don't know if you have to blow it early or if it also works if you just let it expire naturally.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

The big attack at the end of Focus Spirit exposes all giant boss weak points immediately. I don't know if you have to blow it early or if it also works if you just let it expire naturally.

It does not work if you let it expire naturally.

Also remember that as long as you are atta king a giant boss while you have another playable character close by you increase your magic.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I'm doing the Lorule Map and I'm... not entirely sure what it wants me to do? I cleared all the squares I can around the starting area but I'm boxed in by two "the enemy is hiding" spaces and can't select anything else, and none of my item cards work on either of the selectable maps. Any help?

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Lots of complaints about the music in this game and it's definitely pretty butt. So cheese.

But I really enjoyed the weird chanting music in the level with the ghosts where you get the master sword, that was actually pretty good.

I'm actually just posting to share this track which should be in the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUIcvRfVcds

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I put off doing the skyward sword quiz for a while cuz i never played that game, then i went for it and it’s like.. kill the dark wizard! (gharanim: time to fight a dark wizard!) kill the heavyweight! (a moblin and a skeleton appear) kill the sword spirit!

I wonder how hard they get later

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

b_d posted:

I put off doing the skyward sword quiz for a while cuz i never played that game, then i went for it and it’s like.. kill the dark wizard! (gharanim: time to fight a dark wizard!) kill the heavyweight! (a moblin and a skeleton appear) kill the sword spirit!

I wonder how hard they get later

They don't really. Its pretty basic pattern recognition stuff except for ones that require you to remember things that happened in Story mode. Like the trickiest question I can remember is 'Kill the Deku Tree's attacker' and it has Wizzro and Volga spawn and I can see it tripping some people up.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So I'm doing the Lorule Map and I'm... not entirely sure what it wants me to do? I cleared all the squares I can around the starting area but I'm boxed in by two "the enemy is hiding" spaces and can't select anything else, and none of my item cards work on either of the selectable maps. Any help?

Have you gone into Lorule yet? You should have gotten an item card that lets you enter the first fissure you found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Rirse posted:

Is there a way to bait Manhandla into showing it weakness. Got annoyed last night because for three minutes straight on the (kill 800 enemies in X minute map) it would just use poison or spin around.

^burtle posted:

I just spam Boomerang at it.

yeah I spent an embarrassingly long time fighting him, then I googled how to do it and felt dumb. totally forgot I had the boomerang