Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Chaotic Flame posted:

Any goons going to Combo Breaker?

Me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Chaotic Flame posted:

yo

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
yep

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Have fun everybody, ill be at home watching 10 horus of tekken a day alongside all the other streams....CB is so sick

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I have an old friend attending CB but I have no idea what he's playing there :v:

I wish him and you all luck regardless.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I'm in dbfz and BlazBlue. Gonna get destroyed in both and I'm ready!

If you're around, say so and we can have an unofficial goon meet.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
No kidding, this schedule is dense

gonna stream watch bbcf and xrd with some buddies, maybe some vsav and unist if time allows. Good luck to everyone in the tournaments!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
watch for the Puyo Tetris side tournament and Nintendo World Champion John Numbers taking everybodys lunch money
https://puzzlegeneral.challonge.com/CB2018PPT

edit: nvm wumbo signed up

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I was going to go to CB, but my new puppy got an ankle splinter, so I have to keep an eye on him :( (At least I was only spectating and not, you know, actually signing up for one of the brackets, but I’m still bummed a bit)

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i would have gone but i didnt consider it until way too late. i'm going to make sure to go next year

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I will be without internet for most of the weekend so I can't even spectate but good luck to all the goon competitors

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

CB mystery game tournament live now https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Chaotic Flame posted:

I plan to be there on Sunday, but maybe tomorrow. I live locally so I'm not really gonna decide until tomorrow anyways.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Double Bill posted:

CB mystery game tournament live now https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
i love hot mics and hope we get more of them this weekend

edit: oh no, that's not the fun kind of technical hiccup
https://twitter.com/ComboBreakerFGC/status/1000124643695570946

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 25, 2018

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
20% off on the Qanba site, code CB2018
15% off on focusattack.com thru the weekend
15% off parts and 10% off sticks on arcadeshock.com
10% off specific cases @ jansenscustoms ( here )

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Ty buddy

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Theres no rule that says a dog can't play street fighter

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Theres no rule that says a dog can't play street fighter

You still forfeit the round for hitting "paws"

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1000284639297126400?s=19

Mad Catz SFV Tournament Edition S+ fight stick for 100 bucks.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Played BBTAG for the first time in a local exhibition tournament and got roughed up really bad. Good game though. Definitely liking it way more than DBFZ.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Tekken 7 PC deluxe (all DLC) for $45

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/tekken-7-deluxe-edition

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

What's the thread recommendation for a good fightstick on PC? Would the MadCatz that Nostalgia4Ass mentioned work?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Technowolf posted:

What's the thread recommendation for a good fightstick on PC? Would the MadCatz that Nostalgia4Ass mentioned work?

it works but i've heard a lot of reports that the last round of madcatz products are dubious in quality. although parts are sanwa, they are lovely ones made on contract for madcatz. the sticks are known to arrive doa. the s+ has a sturdy case and very easy to mod. 99 bucks for it is really good... its hard to tell if the reports about failure rates on the stick have been blown out of proportion online or not

razer panthera is a directinput fightstick that works on PC, runs for 200 bucks. the qanba obsidian is a directinput/xinput one that works on pc (code cb2018 at checkout on qanba official store for like 40 bucks off right now for 160).

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wanna buy a obsidian. My RAP4 still works and I've replaced every button and the stick since I've bought it, and the obsidian looks loving sexy!

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
yeah i also broke down and got the 160$ obsidian since I'm going to get back into fighting games heavy and my red hrap kai isn't gonna cut for me anymore. it's time to upgrade.

EDIT: also no stupid logos or art on the obsidian. thats a really great part of this stick and the new hori fighting edge.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Zand posted:

it works but i've heard a lot of reports that the last round of madcatz products are dubious in quality. although parts are sanwa, they are lovely ones made on contract for madcatz. the sticks are known to arrive doa. the s+ has a sturdy case and very easy to mod. 99 bucks for it is really good... its hard to tell if the reports about failure rates on the stick have been blown out of proportion online or not

razer panthera is a directinput fightstick that works on PC, runs for 200 bucks. the qanba obsidian is a directinput/xinput one that works on pc (code cb2018 at checkout on qanba official store for like 40 bucks off right now for 160).

I bought one of the last round of their products, the TE2+, and I had to get it replaced twice before I got one that worked.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Zand posted:

Thanks

ADTerminal
Jun 1, 2011
Fwiw fixing a doa TES+ or TE2+ is just a case of removing some diodes from the board, it's a steal for $99

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

ADTerminal posted:

Fwiw fixing a doa TES+ or TE2+ is just a case of removing some diodes from the board, it's a steal for $99

PCB surgery is scary though :gonk:

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

edit: nm

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Hey, never played fighting games before and I'm trying out guilty gear. I'm using a ps4 controller (dualshock 4) on my pc and doing the tutorial, I can move around but double tapping a direction doesn't seem to result in a dash. If I hit D twice on my keyboard though it works fine; is there some input lag issue with ps4 controllers on a pc?

mila kunis fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 27, 2018

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

tekz posted:

Hey, never played fighting games before and I'm trying out guilty gear. I'm using a ps4 controller (dualshock 4) on my pc and doing the tutorial, I can move around but double tapping a direction doesn't seem to result in a dash. If I hit D twice on my keyboard though it works fine; is there some input lag issue with ps4 controllers on a pc?

Not as far as I know. Maybe it's something with your pad, or Steam Big Picture controller stuff? You can't dash in either direction? Try turning on input display in training mode options and see if the second forward input is being read.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Technowolf posted:

buy a good hori or quanba or razer stick. don't buy a 50 dollar budget stick. bye

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

tekz posted:

Are you using the D-Pad?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spanish Manlove posted:

Are you using the D-Pad?

This is important

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
lol yeah, that's actually very important, use the d-pad

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Will SoulCalibur VI play well on a DS4…? Is 8WR still a thing?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Will SoulCalibur VI play well on a DS4…? Is 8WR still a thing?

Namco bandai fighters generally play well on pad, tend to stick to 4 buttons, etc

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Was there an SC VI exhibition at CB or am I confused?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
There was a character auction tournament which honestly wasn't that interesting