Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
gbs is basically shitposting central

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
it's in the name and everything

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Gasp. The shitposting general is generally shitposting.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I'd make a joke about how I am the Shitposting General, but I don't think I could make it above private in all honesty.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Jesus.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the last firing neurons in my brain will carry the thought "thank god i have no social media profile to @"

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Death absolves all.
Never dissent, never complain.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I never watched any of TB's stuff and never followed anything he did, but I saw this tweet once and it's stuck in my head ever since for some reason

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/559960294890692608

in response to

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/559958978701324288

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Garrand posted:

I never watched any of TB's stuff and never followed anything he did, but I saw this tweet once and it's stuck in my head ever since for some reason

in response to

TB was one of those people that got real bent out of shape about those journalists and how we couldn't ever truly know what happened with all those hatemobs going after every woman and minority they could, just that the drat journalists were lying.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

It was kind of telling that nearly everyone on my dash that was "oh, he died? gently caress him" were more at his periphery with the Gawker shutdown (which did end up being a far more harmful move given the sport and non-gaming-tech angle and gave stuff like the CTE injury studies, the Kadyrov influence and the Joe Paterno case a wider coverage than most mainstream outlets but its demise cheered by John Bain et al bc it sometimes insulted their electronic toy hobby) , whereas more direct gg targets were far more reserved and respectful of the whole ordeal.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Kunster posted:

whereas more direct gg targets were far more reserved and respectful of the whole ordeal.

I'll give you three guesses why this would always be the case no matter how they felt, and the first two don't count.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Oh, definitely. I'm saying that folk on the periphery have way less to lose here.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Garrand posted:

in response to

You know this would ring a lot less hollow if Bob didn't also engage in the exact same hatemob drumming against anyone who dares rib him in even the most minor way. Only difference is that film bob has fewer fans, and generally attacks people who dislike exploitation of labor rather than women.

Terrible Opinions fucked around with this message at 10:22 on May 25, 2018

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
A good and interesting thing TB did during the start of the gg mess was to actually sit down and have a conversation with Stephen Totillo...(Tortilla? The kotaku guy) about the entire ethics in game media thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpmIrWqEUUU

Archer666 fucked around with this message at 10:42 on May 25, 2018

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Archer666 posted:

entire ethics thing.
:chaostrump:

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Remember when total biscuit wished cancer and death upon another person

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

A man died, his family lost a loved one. Can we not derail over it?

E: You know what, I'm going to buy a new bed right now and I think we can all sleep on this for a while.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 11:17 on May 25, 2018

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
that ruled and wasn't dumb at all

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Nah it was petty of me and I got out of bed cranky, saw the poo poo and did it.
I bought my new bed now though. :toot:

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

LGR looks at a house system controller!

Dan Olson talks about Fifty Shades of Grey!

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

The past day is pretty much the low point of this entire thread's existence and that's all I have to say.

Anyway, content. I like watching weird food things and I find My Virgin Kitchen a lot of fun. It's Barry Lewis (who you may know as part of Barshens)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3i_BaQ2zt4

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
misteramazing takes a chill look at lo-fi music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWv4ceg7Q3U

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Zedd posted:

Nah it was petty of me and I got out of bed cranky, saw the poo poo and did it.
I bought my new bed now though. :toot:

What kind I got a purple a couple of weeks ago and I like it

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

I got home, opened my youtube subscriptions tab and this was at the top and I made an excited "omg it's here!" squeeky noise.

I enjoyed this video intensely, and I am so strapped in to the rollercoaster ready for the next ones!

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I'm so mad I'm at work right now and can't watch it!

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Who was total biscuit?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

So uh... you get those cuffs for the review or did you already have a set on hand?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Kim Justice posted:

The past day is pretty much the low point of this entire thread's existence and that's all I have to say.

Anyway, content. I like watching weird food things and I find My Virgin Kitchen a lot of fun. It's Barry Lewis (who you may know as part of Barshens)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3i_BaQ2zt4

Wow, that looks disturbingly disgusting, I'm impressed.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Unicorn Fudge was the worst 70s jam band.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Leal posted:

So uh... you get those cuffs for the review or did you already have a set on hand?

Please note: your answer will not matter.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

KayTee posted:

Please note: your answer will not matter.

One answer will net him a sixer

Im not revealing which one

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DoubleCakes posted:

I think the bad things he did should be remembered and discussed and in the future I'll keep them in mind but I'll admit his death has blindsided me and I'm deeply sad.
I can understand that, my grandpa recently died and I remembering all the good times we had and yet have to reckon that he was a Knight of Columbus (who had a whole ceremony at his viewing and the funeral) and a bunch of people from the Omaha "Right for Life" anti-choice org were there.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Dan’s video on Fifty Shades is A+ would recommend.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Who are the people reading passages from 50 Shades in that video? The guy kinda sounds like jacksfilms.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Alacron posted:

Who are the people reading passages from 50 Shades in that video? The guy kinda sounds like jacksfilms.

one is crystal from his stream

also yes outstanding video, can't wait for the next two

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

The reason we shouldn't immediately get into all the reasons a recently dead famous person was a scumbag is that there are a lot of people who are experiencing grief surrounding the death thanks to the ever popular parasocial relationship thing, and it's pretty hard to deal with grief when you've got "this person was a scumbag" heaped on top of it.

Doesn't mean you have to leave off forever, just give it a couple weeks' grace period. If not out of respect for other humans, than out of the practical interest that "HEY THIS GUY YOU LIKED AND NOW HAVE LOST FOREVER WAS ACTUALLY THE WORST!!!" is not going to add anything positive to the discourse, and is more likely to stir up the assholes, who, if they are grieving, are going to be even more passionate about their assholery than normal.

But seriously, even troglodytes deserve a base level of emotional respect, goddamn.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Even though it’s a long-dead meme at this point, I’d love to hear Shaun do a few pages for a video like that to see if he can keep his composure. Then afterward he would calmly explain that even though the book is bad and silly, it’s still bad form to single out entertainment for women for that kind of ridicule.

I’d ask for hbomb too, but I can imagine his incredulous laugh too perfectly already.

Also maven should have covered it because the main guy is a capitalist and thus a vampire.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Alacron posted:

Mike Rugnetta, Crystal, Mikey, and Lindsay.

Mikey and Lindsay both got cut down to one word each in the edit, though.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I never read Fifty Shades cause books are for nerds, but is the line "You look like the crack whore" seriously in the book? What a charmer, suggesting that women that interest him look like crack whores.

Also I hope the next two videos brings out anal beads and a french tickler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This is way passé to discuss, but those movies are disturbing because the romance convention of the man being rich so that he can have unlimited time and resources to spend pursuing the lady is transmuted into a horror story about how a millionaire treats human beings like the objects he is driven to acquire. Jamie Dornan in those movies is far less human or likable as he is in The Fall.