Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

golden bubble posted:

Most heavy-blade users want the seal instead of the A skill, since the player phase A skills are better than the player phase sacred seals. For example, Life and Death + Heavy Blade Cordelia is better than Heavy Blade + Spd+3 Cordelia. Who are the enemy phase units that use heavy blade?

I dunno about EP, but Eldigan does incredibly well with Heavy Blade on A slot with BA-Desperation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
It's pay day this week so I dropped 3000 yen on a Google Play card to see if I could get one more 4* Effie or a Shigure with decent IVs or maybe even one more Ninian.

I got 8 three star units in a row with the final pull being four colourless orbs and a single red orb. :argh:

Luckily that last red orb was goth bride! Again, some really good luck from this banner. She's completely neutral and I'm lousy with good red infantry mages so I'll probably get her to level 40 for the sake of the pokedex then fodder her off to Groom Marth when I get him.

I'm actually pretty pumped for Groom Marth because making another Eirika/Ephraim-like buffer with a bladetome harem to surround him is basically another insta-win team for AA. Speed Feint will be interesting to play around with too because Chill Speed on Eirika has been wonderful. It'll be fun to see which is more effective to use, an automatic -7 to speed but with with no control over who receives it or control over the -7 speed penalty but having it conditional to positioning. Good stuff!

If Chill Attack wasn't such prime fodder, you best believe I'd be giving that Ninian bouquet to Odin or Oliver and doing the same thing.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

poo poo streak broken by +hp/-def bridal sanaki thank loving god

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
What crit skill should I give Horse Marth?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Washout posted:

Yea, quite a few actually (instant activation galeforce firesweep is amazing for a start). I'd keep it for inheritance or to save 20k feathers to give someone aether. I think normal ike is now the weakest of the ikes too so I'd def save it for fodder personally and not merge, especially if you haven't built Cordelia yet.

I tried to stay in T20 and gave Jakob aether from one of my two Ikes. Discovered later that I had fed him the wrong one, so now I'm left with -atk :downsbravo:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Onmi posted:

What crit skill should I give Horse Marth?

Luna, probably. Or Sol if you want a self-heal for tempest.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

golden bubble posted:

Most heavy-blade users want the seal instead of the A skill, since the player phase A skills are better than the player phase sacred seals. For example, Life and Death + Heavy Blade Cordelia is better than Heavy Blade + Spd+3 Cordelia. Who are the enemy phase units that use heavy blade?

Don't you need Quickened Pulse for an instant-activation Galeforce though? I had a LnD Cordelia with Heavy Blade seal but found it pretty disappointing so I just gave it to Nino to let her proc Aether sometimes. I always figured that the uber-Cordelia everyone was talking about involved inheriting the skill from Ike so you could use Quickened Pulse at the same time.

Or was I just doing instant-activation Galeforce wrong this whole time?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Final thing for Marth, I need an A for him, but have no Fury, Brazen or anything really busted. I can give him HP+5, Spd+3, Def+3, Death Blow 2, A Defiant, Earth or Waterboost.

EDIT: Also I have Drive Attack 2, Close Def 3, Distant Def 3 and QR 3 Sacred Seals, I'm wondering if I should construct the Drive Def Sacred Seal, Armored Boots, Heavy Blade, One of the Deflects or another Seal. The seals I have to upgrade are the Stat Boosters, Spur Def, Seal Spd, Res Ploy, Obstruct and Fortress Def

Onmi fucked around with this message at 09:03 on May 25, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Onmi posted:

Final thing for Marth, I need an A for him, but have no Fury, Brazen or anything really busted. I can give him HP+5, Spd+3, Def+3, Death Blow 2, A Defiant, Earth or Waterboost.

spd+3 is fine. Fury 2 is also an option even if you don’t have 3.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Clarste posted:

Don't you need Quickened Pulse for an instant-activation Galeforce though? I had a LnD Cordelia with Heavy Blade seal but found it pretty disappointing so I just gave it to Nino to let her proc Aether sometimes. I always figured that the uber-Cordelia everyone was talking about involved inheriting the skill from Ike so you could use Quickened Pulse at the same time.

Or was I just doing instant-activation Galeforce wrong this whole time?

You can do Slaying Lance + Desperation to forgo Quickened Pulse, though if you want to use it with Firesweep you need Quickened Pulse (but it'll only activate once)

Of course the caveat with Slaying is that you want to ORKO the enemy without any specials, which is tricky sometimes but not implausible with Goad stacking, while Firesweep has the luxury of chipping

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 09:23 on May 25, 2018

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
This is the plan for my brand new Marth:

Ardent Service+ (+SPD)
Rally Defense
Moonbow
Brazen ATK/DEF
SPD Feint 3
Fortify Res 3
Hone Speed 3 (seal)

I'm going full buff and then I'll surround him with blade tomes. Magic Eirika already booted Leo off my cavalry blade tome team, so there's harem member number one. I chose Moonbow because he's primarily a buffer, so I am going to go with the special with a shorter charge. Brazen Atk/Def because I have it to spare and I'm only ever going to pit him against physical units. SPD Feint 3 because I actually don't have that many units that Rally on any consistent basis bar Eirika, Ephraim and occasionally NY Corrin and their B skills are already set in stone. If I ever pull a spare Roderick, I might consider taking hit on buffs and running Rally Def/Res in order to free up a C slot.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

blizzardvizard posted:

You can do Slaying Lance + Desperation to forgo Quickened Pulse, though if you want to use it with Firesweep you need Quickened Pulse (but it'll only activate once)

Yeah, figured. And yes, I was talking about Firesweep.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Marth is very good at tempest trialing

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Current pity rate on bride banner: 9%

Number of Selenas pulled: 0

I dunno about this guys

(I am getting some good Tikis and OG!Tharjae though)

AttackTheMoon
Jul 4, 2015

I beat the story! And all the prologues. It was really fun to do everything on lunatic.

Anyways, I wanna run an all flying team and I'm wondering if it's worth it to spend the 20k feathers to make Caeda into a 5*. The rest of my team consists of Bridal Sanaki, Bridal Ninian, and Myrrh.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Caeda's incredible as an anti-meta unit. Armors and Cavaliers are some of the most popular units in arena and the really scary ones tend to be Green, so Caeda takes care of them handily. Just make sure she's properly supported so she can do some real damage too.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Bridal Ninian, Bridal Sanaki, Caeda and Myrrh sounds like a loving phenomenal flier team.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

Bridal Ninian, Bridal Sanaki, Caeda and Myrrh sounds like a loving phenomenal flier team.

Minus bridal Sanaki that’s what I’m thinking of doing

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Hm, should I replace normal Marth with Groom Marth on the TT team once I get his 5* version, or should I have them both and forego having Azama for healing? Curious.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
well, they give the same bonus buff so might as well keep using normal Marth.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Blademage Squad was my First Good Team and this TT is a very pleasant excuse to take them out again

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I just 5 Starred the 4-Star one, because I intend to +1 him anyway so... yeah

I've been giving him Close Def 3 in the TT
It's Reinhardt, I shouldn't have to explain why he's on the team.
Brave Roy is still one of the best Red Swords, and getting his HP down allows Marth and Roy to do Tandem Tag Team killing tactics.
It's BLyn, again, I shouldn't have to explain why she's here.

AttackTheMoon
Jul 4, 2015

ChaosArgate posted:

Caeda's incredible as an anti-meta unit. Armors and Cavaliers are some of the most popular units in arena and the really scary ones tend to be Green, so Caeda takes care of them handily. Just make sure she's properly supported so she can do some real damage too.

Oh rad! I will keep that in mind

AttackTheMoon
Jul 4, 2015

Also I reeeealllyy like Tempest Trials. They're a ton of fun and require some quality problem solving and damage mitigation.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

AttackTheMoon posted:

Also I reeeealllyy like Tempest Trials. They're a ton of fun and require some quality problem solving and damage mitigation.

or they require your strongest fairies and clicking auto battle

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

Or Leif. Stamina drink is practically cheating in the Tempest.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Someone rename themselves to Catria before levelling Groom Marth up to 40 and then screenshot the speech please. (I just got the speech and I'm sad I didn't do this)

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Senerio posted:

Someone rename themselves to Catria before levelling Groom Marth up to 40 and then screenshot the speech please. (I just got the speech and I'm sad I didn't do this)

AttackTheMoon
Jul 4, 2015

big trivia FAIL posted:

or they require your strongest fairies and clicking auto battle

Calling them fairies is super cute

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
A friend of mine capped the whole conversation for me.

https://imgur.com/a/TRCfhSa

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Here's a reminder that Ippei (Arden and Dorcas's artist) owns and absolutely deserves to have more art featured in this game.

https://twitter.com/Ippei_painter/status/1000035050212151296

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

ChaosArgate posted:

Here's a reminder that Ippei (Arden and Dorcas's artist) owns and absolutely deserves to have more art featured in this game.

:sbahj:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

ChaosArgate posted:

Yeah, me too
:sbahj:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

The Tempest boss being a healer is actually kind of annoying for my autobattle teams

Unrelated, but does anyone actually know where most of their seals are? I know the seals on my Arena core, the seals on a few other key heroes, and the seals on my autobattle team(because I just put them there), but for the rest I have no clue without checking.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

The Tempest boss being a healer is actually kind of annoying for my autobattle teams

Unrelated, but does anyone actually know where most of their seals are? I know the seals on my Arena core, the seals on a few other key heroes, and the seals on my autobattle team(because I just put them there), but for the rest I have no clue without checking.

Nope

the seal interface sucks

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
This is all I can think about with this boss music.

https://youtu.be/D57okK8OZT0

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Been meaning to do this since the TT changes

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light
I'm running Marth with the Def boost Ardent Service, Bonfire and Fortress Def 3. It works pretty well and the boost from his weapon means effectively he's not really losing any attack with Fortress Def if he's near an ally.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Part of me wants to replace Titania with Marth on my cavalry team, but Marth's res isnt nearly good enough to be an anti Reinhardt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I gave my soleil all the sickest flex skills (dc, wrath, etc) but it was all pointless because she just obliterates everything with firesword. Also this tempest trial reminded me I have a dc ninian. Hmm.