Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

fargom posted:

Not really surprised, this is a low priority and low severity bug. It doesn't impact gameplay much if at all.

It has made me hesitate a few times and I think I got my mate killed recently because of it so I would like to see it get fixed. It's not a funny bug like some of the other are, it's just weird and can be a bit distracting.

Recently I have been trying out the UMP and I gotta say I think it rips. Pop a thumb on that bad boy for the faster ADS (you don't need more stability since it's a laser already) and hose people down. That thing is so easy to control that you will be mid spray on their upper torso/head while they are still trying to get on target. Of course it doesn't technically have the straight up dps but in a real world scenario I have used it to great effect.

I would however not pair it with a bolt action rifle since you will be without a good option for mid/long range running targets. Therefore I have been pairing it with an SLR preferably and letting my teammates have the bolt action guns.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 09:30 on May 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

It has made me hesitate a few times and I think I got my mate killed recently because of it so I would like to see it get fixed. It's not a funny bug like some of the other are, it's just weird and can be a bit distracting.

Recently I have been trying out the UMP and I gotta say I think it rips. Pop a thumb on that bad boy for the faster ADS (you don't need more stability since it's a laser already) and hose people down. That thing is so easy to control that you will be mid spray on their upper torso/head while they are still trying to get on target. Of course it doesn't technically have the straight up dps but in a real world scenario I have used it to great effect.

I would however not pair it with a bolt action rifle since you will be without a good option for mid/long range running targets. Therefore I have been pairing it with an SLR preferably and letting my teammates have the bolt action guns.

yeah smg + slr is a good combo

I am a bad sniper but something about the slr makes me happy

Though, I still swap out the UMP for the vector any chance i get

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Vector + VSS (or crossbow if I’m feeling saucy) is my favorite load out.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I’ve had nothing but bad luck with the UMP. It feels like a Gatling gun compared to the Uzi or Vector, which get the lead out so much quicker.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

very stable genius posted:

Vector + VSS (or crossbow if I’m feeling saucy) is my favorite load out.

Funny you should mention the vector and crossbow. The other day I had a vector and kinda got the drop on a dude who just domed me with a crossbow 0.1 sec before he would have died. It left me fairly salty since the fucker was running 2x xbow and I was on 11 kills and feeling it. But I guess it was the perfect weapon since any other except for the awm (and maybe a very lucky shotgun) and he woulda been dead.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Thermopyle posted:

yeah smg + slr is a good combo

Honestly I'll take SMG + any DMR/SR as my favorite loadout. It's not just the SLR. I feel ARs have fallen real hard. The amount of times where I've said "drat I really wish I had an AR right now" is vanishingly small.

But then again I'm bad so you shouldn't listen to me at all.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I can find a poo poo lightweight grip hundreds of times per game and something good like 1 out of every 5 games.

:arghfist:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Gun recommendation posts should always include a K/D :smug:

That being said, the UMP is a super laser and I wouldn't be surprised if a nerf was coming with next weeks leaderboard reset. I still love the AK right now. But I have stopped using m4/scar/m16 unless I have to.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Gun recommendation posts should always include a K/D :smug:

That being said, the UMP is a super laser and I wouldn't be surprised if a nerf was coming with next weeks leaderboard reset. I still love the AK right now. But I have stopped using m4/scar/m16 unless I have to.

I don't think a K/D is that useful when determining whether to listen to someones advice.

Play styles have just as much effect as knowing which guns to use.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Thermopyle posted:

I don't think a K/D is that useful when determining whether to listen to someones advice.

Play styles have just as much effect as knowing which guns to use.

Sure, but I'm not listening to any advice given by someone with a 0.25 KD, for reasons that are hopefully obvious.

The Wonder Weapon posted:

What's the current "best" audio settings, assuming you're just using basic onboard sound and W10?

Here's what I've got right now:
Windows:
Bass Boost: Off
Virtual Surround: Off
Room Corrections: Off
Loudness Equalization: Off
Spatial Sound: Off

PubG:
There are...no relevant settings in the game?

Safe to assume you're using headphones and not some monster playing through speakers? Are your headphones stereo or 5.1/7.1? Do your headphones have software that overrides the windows settings?

All of that matters if you're looking for audio setup advice.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

2.75 fpp solo 14% win rate and I avoid the UMP like the plague. Love the vector and uzi. From all the clips online it’s clear the UMP is great but it just doesn’t work for me.

But yeah, k/d should be taken with a grain of salt. Just look at leaderboards - there is a huge swing in k/d for people with similar win %

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I'm not listening to people who can't or don't kill with the loadouts that they say are amazing. I should have put another qualifier and said "most killed" as well as "what mode".

I'm not here for the sneaky peaky like playstyle people recommending uzis and vectors trying to get down to the last circle without shooting at anyone and then winning a game.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BCRock posted:

Sure, but I'm not listening to any advice given by someone with a 0.25 KD, for reasons that are hopefully obvious.

on the other hand, someone who's generally awful at the game but can pull out decent runs with certain guns probably has more room to say those guns are uniquely good

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

TPT - Link your pubgtracker

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
I only use the best guns endorsed by top tier operators using the same headphones and butt plug that I saw on twitch. What are you some scrub who enjoys games? We are here to win.

I have gotten kills with all the guns and have been killed by all the guns so they all seem to work just fine to me :colbert:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Guys the crossbow is basically an AWM

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Listen stats don’t tell the whole picture. You’re all the exceptions to your stats. You’re all 10 KDR players stuck in a .7 KDR stats, because you let your girlfriend play or you were drunk or high or both.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

Listen stats don’t tell the whole picture. You’re all the exceptions to your stats. You’re all 10 KDR players stuck in a .7 KDR stats, because you let your girlfriend play or you were drunk or high or both.

my drunk and high girlfriend was playing actually

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ZionestLord posted:

my drunk and high girlfriend was playing actually

They say your kdr grew three sizes that day.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
it was my drunk and high toddler

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I'm not listening to people who can't or don't kill with the loadouts that they say are amazing. I should have put another qualifier and said "most killed" as well as "what mode".

I am hot garbage at clicking on heads in this game and nothing is likely to change that. Although I don't recall ever really saying what a good load out would be, I probably have said "I have fun shooting missing people with $GUN$".

You probably shouldn't listen to me though.

O. Henry O-Face
Sep 16, 2009
I really like the R45 post patch. I only have like 20 hours in this game, so I'm not great at anything.

I too, am bad.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I just started playing again and I'm only top 2 % but all the guns are good you just got to use them right. tap with the .556s unless the person is like 10 feet away. The only way any of the ARs suck is if you're trying to do super long range full auto spraydowns like you used to be able to do.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
People who like the UMP are statistically more likely to also like the Marvel movies, Coldplay and Kings of Leon

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I hit most of my shots with the UMP and Mini and then I angrily say “man why didn’t they die?”

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

BCRock posted:

Safe to assume you're using headphones and not some monster playing through speakers? Are your headphones stereo or 5.1/7.1? Do your headphones have software that overrides the windows settings?

All of that matters if you're looking for audio setup advice.

Man playing with speakers would be the equivalent of playing one-handed.

I've got Sennheiser HD201s, (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007XJSQC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1) which are stereo. I have no extra audio software running, and I'm plugged into the standard 3.5mm jack.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Man playing with speakers would be the equivalent of playing one-handed.

I have 7.1 speakers and can hear just fine, but I also play with them loud enough to shake the walls of my house.

New event is going to be Ghuelli suits and crossbows. No vehicles 100 man server on Engral.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

The Mash posted:

People who like the UMP are statistically more likely to also like the Marvel movies, Coldplay and Kings of Leon

I endorse the UMP https://pubg.op.gg/user/A-OKAY?server=eu ...

Molchane
Dec 13, 2014
the only good guns are the vector and vss, the ump is a 100% worthless gun that is unusable in all situations always.

https://pubg.op.gg/user/JoonTheOldFinger?server=na

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

New event is out since last night and it's fun on the bun! :dance: Getting to run around in a ghillie suit silently taking people out crossbowing them is great practice I've never had with it.

Doing that poo poo first person is super stressful and great when you're pretending to be a bush and firing off bolts at a squad that's jumping and panicking everywhere only to get blown up by a grenade or blinded by a stun.

Super satisfying to run down someone and chop em down with machete or dome them with the pan.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Jiro posted:

New event is out since last night and it's fun on the bun! :dance: Getting to run around in a ghillie suit silently taking people out crossbowing them is great practice I've never had with it.

I got a crossbow kill yesterday (not in the event) for the first time in months and boy does that feel really good.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

The only crossbow kills i get are by using one of my favorite fun methods of handling someone in the same building as me.

Close a door between you and other person. Stand right in front of door. They open door. I unload crossbow bolt in their face.

It's pretty effective.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Solution:

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Yeah, I neurotically open all doors from as far away and as at extreme an angle as possible.

Mainly because I'm so bad at shooting that the majority of my kills probably come from surprising people walking through doors without being careful enough.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
The new event is bonkers and I'm so mad they put it out holiday weekend for US when the weather is finally nice in the midwest :(

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

It definitely is when talking about how good guns are because someone with a higher KDR is going to be more familiar with the guns and have more kills overall then someone with a 'cowardly' playstyle. Like if someones playstyle is hiding all game, why would I ever take their advice about which guns to pick? They aren't going to be familiar with how they play out since they are most likely hiding till the end and shooting the last guy in the back. I'll listen to the guy with a 5 KDR who jumps school every game and is familiar with all the guns because they get 3x the kills each play session.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I cannot figure out how to aim with a crossbow. Can't discern travel time. Can't discern arc. I've gotten a few kills and it feels like an RNG thing.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Accretionist posted:

I cannot figure out how to aim with a crossbow. Can't discern travel time. Can't discern arc. I've gotten a few kills and it feels like an RNG thing.

The bolts travel faster and drop less than most people are expecting. The bolt basically goes perfectly straight for the first 100m, which is the primary dot on the reticle. Point dot at head > fire > kill. Don't put any kind of optic or scope on your crossbow because it messes with the trajectory of the bolts.

This event is so much more fun than the last dumb one with the crate guns and L3 armor.

The end came down to me vs. a team of 3. ::getin::

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

BCRock posted:

The bolt basically goes perfectly straight for the first 100m, which is the primary dot on the reticle.

This is wrong. If you aim at someone's head at 100m, you'll be lucky to hit their feet. It goes straight up to about 30m, at which point you will start wanting to aim slightly above the head.

At 100m you should be using the 3rd dot to aim at people. At 50m you use the second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Apogee15 posted:

This is very wrong. If you aim at someone's head at 100m, you'll be lucky to hit their feet. It goes straight up to about 30m, at which point you will start wanting to aim slightly above the head.

At 100m you should be using the 3rd dot to aim at people. At 50m you use the second.

This is very wrong. At all distances you should be closing distance so you can pan them.