Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

the last few free shows I shared here from DDT went over well, so here's them wrestling in an amusement park. You'll need to be in Japan or use a VPN to watch this one (Hola works perfectly) but you don't have to catch it live to get it for free this time so swings and roundabouts. Two of the wrestlers actually get engaged for real during it

https://abema.tv/channels/fighting-sports/slots/Beom8pSAB8DYiB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jesus WEP posted:

I’m flying to Japan tomorrow :)

Have a blast and see as much as you can!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

Hell yeah friend, are you going to any shows? What else do you have planned?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dragon Lee with a top tier troll

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjM2Vnkge04

It's the mask Hiromu wore on excursion in CMLL. Dragon Lee won it in an apuestas match

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

jesus WEP posted:

Go to a Lawson every single day.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

Hell yeah friend, are you going to any shows? What else do you have planned?
going to Dominion right at the end of the holiday :) I think a couple other posters are going too, would 100% be up for a goon meet if so

4 days in Tokyo, 2 days in Hiroshima/Miyajima, 4 days in Kyoto, 4 days in Osaka. No real firm plans to do or see anything in particular. My partner and I usually don’t look for big famous landmarks, and prefer just wandering about to see how people live in a place

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ospreay vs Yoh was really good and got the mostly dead crowd way into it at the end. Yoh showing a lot this tournament so he doesn't just end up as being the guy that tagged with Sho

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Desperado is an awesome promo, wrestles really good, has awesome entrance music, and has an awesome outfit. Controversial stance, I know, but I stand by it.

Wanna see him without the mask though...

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

super macho dude posted:

Desperado is an awesome promo, wrestles really good, has awesome entrance music, and has an awesome outfit. Controversial stance, I know, but I stand by it.

Wanna see him without the mask though...

uhhhhh desperado's mask rules you can't take it off of him

until hiromu puts the jr title up against his mask at wrestle kingdom mhhmhmrrhgh

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I assure you, its much better with the mask

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

coconono posted:

Jigsaw bad?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kawato learning not to be a clean cut young lion with fire in CMLL :(

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kawato is good now.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I really thought Taiji was going to go undefeated.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Have they uploaded the show yet?

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Taguchi vs Kushida: the greatest match

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Today's BOSJ matches are up!

Hiromu/Dragon lee was Excellent but Really worried about Hiromu now that he's given up two loses

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 05:48 on May 26, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/GQJAPAN/status/999964977367867392

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I caught up with the last batch of A matches. Flip/Ishimori was real good and Ospreay/Yoh was phenomenal. It really reminded me of the dynamic in the Ospreay/Okada match except with Ospreay now in the Okada role. Yoh stepped up to the plate huge as well.

And then I watched Ospreay/Ricochet from last year. Just... drat.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

When you see people saying Omega might win this time.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I decided to watch last year's G1 (not realizing it was a 20 man round robin until just before starting it whoops). I've only seen a couple Japanese matches here and there and have never really done a deep dive, but have seen or heard enough about guys like Okada, Naito, Omega, etc. to not be TOTALLY lost. My big question is are the tag matches on each show worth watching in order to sort of get me accustomed to some of the guys I don't know about, or should I just skip them?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TriffTshngo posted:

I decided to watch last year's G1 (not realizing it was a 20 man round robin until just before starting it whoops). I've only seen a couple Japanese matches here and there and have never really done a deep dive, but have seen or heard enough about guys like Okada, Naito, Omega, etc. to not be TOTALLY lost. My big question is are the tag matches on each show worth watching in order to sort of get me accustomed to some of the guys I don't know about, or should I just skip them?

The tags are skippable 9 times out of 10, but if you're not pressed for time, they can be nice previews of guys in the tournament, and the undercard dudes. Basically the hierarchy goes G1 matches > Undercard tags with all name guys > Undercard tags with names and young lions > undercard tags with just lions.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the undercard tags are good if you’re following any other tour as they will make you more familiar with the hierarchy but the g1 is an absolute marathon so i would definitely skip them for that tour

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Awesome, thanks. I'm at the end of night 1 right now and they seemed fun enough but fairly inconsequential compared to the G1 itself so I was curious how others felt about them.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's also more fair to call the G1 two 10-man round robins, where the winners face off at the end.

I'm sure anyone in the thread would be happy to answer any other questions you have about dudes in the tournament, and would be interested in your perspective. :)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

TriffTshngo posted:

Last years G1 had something like 50 4*+ matches so you are in for a real treat

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Why are my beautiful sons Kushida and Hiromu losing???

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Strawberry Panda posted:

Why are my beautiful sons Kushida and Hiromu losing???

Gotta make people believe that lovely Tiger Mask actually has a shot at winning this thing.

Also, just watched Assman vs TimeSplitter from the last show, and Taguchi pinned KUSHIDA, clean, in just about 2 minutes. I guess for the BOSJ Taguchi will be playing the role Yano Toru plays in the G1.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 27, 2018

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dragon Lee/Hiromu was so god drat good. I know I've said it before in this thread but I'm so glad I subscribed again. I stopped watching Raw ages ago and just DVRd matches or segments I wanted to see, and up until recently I still watched Smackdown in full. It's all been such a drain and a chore lately, though, and NJPW is an easy reminder of why I love this stuff.

Think I might take the day off of work to stay up late and watch Dominion, too.

Edit: oh, it's on a Saturday! Thought it was on a Monday. Looks like I can keep hoarding those PTO days.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 26, 2018

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

coconono posted:

I've seen him maskless in CMLL, a very handsome lad indeed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Last years G1 had something like 50 4*+ matches so you are in for a real treat

I still think that has to have been the best wrestling tournament in history. It was loving incredible from start to finish.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Yesterday's shows are up. Super stoked to see ACH vs. Yoh.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Sunday morning, sit down with some coffee at the kitchen table with my laptop to relax while family is staying over. Just catch a quick match while everyone is starting to get up, Kushida vs Taguchi... Me: "loving poo poo! What the hell?? ... Wife: Sweetie! It's 7 in the morning! Pipe down!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm not totally sold on ACH yet but I'm pretty sure I love Yoh. I really love that the matches go up like this instead of in the form of an entire show. I think that's what always made following these big tournaments so hard for me - the need to try and watch EVERYTHING on every show. I'm mostly past that now, though. I don't need to see every throwaway six man tag team match on every card. Maybe I'll go back and watch the G1 in full with that in mind.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
finally watched the last b block matches. really really good lineup. hiromu/dragon lee was unsurprisingly great. the kushida/taguchi match, i love crafty vet finishes like that i'm always down. and sho/despy was a buncha fun too. sho is great and i'm thankful for this tournament for finally setting it in my brain which one is sho and which is yoh.

i skipped marty/chris sabin, eh. i'll watch em wrestle the other guys in this block, but those two together, eh. the benefits of house shows.

also, man i am so day and night on the blocks in this tournament. b block has like all of my favorite juniors, and a block has ach, who i've liked when i've seen, and will ospreay, and i'm not that big on ospreay honestly. then its flip? tiger mask? fuckin kanemaru? its no contest which one i'm interested in.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

A Block has Ishimori though. And Kanemaru and Tiger Mask rule.

Flip Gordon's match against Tiger Mask was pretty good.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

A Block has Ishimori though. And Kanemaru and Tiger Mask rule.

Flip Gordon's match against Tiger Mask was pretty good.

i'm not saying they're not good wrestlers, and yeah i did forget about ishimori, admittedly, but only because he's new and i hadn't heard of him before, im just saying they're not interesting to me, and my wrestle addiction is only at the point where i'm watching hard cam matches for new japan guys i'm really into, not all of the hard cam matches.

e: new japan's camerawork is one of the things that i love about the product the most so the house shows take a lot away for me.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

shiksa posted:

i'm not saying they're not good wrestlers, and yeah i did forget about ishimori, admittedly, but only because he's new and i hadn't heard of him before, im just saying they're not interesting to me, and my wrestle addiction is only at the point where i'm watching hard cam matches for new japan guys i'm really into, not all of the hard cam matches.

e: new japan's camerawork is one of the things that i love about the product the most so the house shows take a lot away for me.

Yeah that makes sense. The hard cam matches end up being pretty short so I'm tuning into them all. There are some matchups I really don't care about seeing but usually am left impressed by what they were able to pull off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Looks like they're keeping the field pretty even again this year. I assume Ishimori and Ospreay will top block A with Ishimori getting the tie breaker, but I'm not sure about B. Hopefully Hiromu!