Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Hellsau posted:

The Obj 277 is that absurd UFO looking tank that SerB at one point said couldn't be added to the game since it couldn't possibly get nerfed down from its real life stats enough to fit, right?

I think you mean the 279, not the 277.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Speaking of overpowered tanks - how long before WG emulates this?

https://aw.my.com/gb/web-shop

Chance-based lootboxes for a Tier 10.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Hellsau posted:

The Obj 277 is that absurd UFO looking tank that SerB at one point said couldn't be added to the game since it couldn't possibly get nerfed down from its real life stats enough to fit, right?

Valle posted:

:ussr:

SocketWrench posted:

Did you not pay attention? Arty prevents camping. WG said so.

Well, when is the US line going to have a Chrysler TV-8?
Of course if you manage to ammo rack it or something it should wipe out both teams

Holy poo poo-

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 26, 2018

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Why I Quit the World of Tanks Community Contributor Program - MarkGFL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDdC5-WHMq0

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 15:19 on May 26, 2018

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

serious gaylord posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZUu26aF3Rw

The new Tier 10 Russian heavie has a 55kph top speed and 17 horse power per tonne. Better than every tier 10 russian medium.

Oh good, a medium-fast heavy with stupid armor, a good gun, and 3200 dpm

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

might as well add the T-72

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Prav posted:

$100 with gold, credits and boosters. Maybe a BIA crew.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

MariusLecter posted:

Why I Quit the World of Tanks Community Contributor Program - MarkGFL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDdC5-WHMq0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICnf5iA5_Co

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Prav posted:

they're working on it

https://ritastatusreport.live/2018/05/25/wot-supertest-excalibur-part-ii/

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Oh they are adding a thumb. That's cool I guess.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What hath humanity wrought :stare:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I feel like the back should hinge up and reveal a rack of rockets as well. Like the swingfire.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Valle posted:

Oh yeah that's the one. How long until this shows up at a tier 8 premium?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Hellsau posted:

Oh yeah that's the one. How long until this shows up at a tier 8 premium?

Turns out that tank is in AW right now as a tier 4. And its only 5 bucks.

For all the poo poo AW got wrong, at least their premium vehicles were cheap.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

CitizenKain posted:

Turns out that tank is in AW right now as a tier 4. And its only 5 bucks.

For all the poo poo AW got wrong, at least their premium vehicles were cheap.

yeah you can buy a cheap premium and then not play with it in a game since the game is dead as gently caress

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What hath humanity wrought :stare:

it's like this

but by the british and unironic

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hey what happens if Wargaming just says, "okay, pref matchmaking tanks are allegedly loving up the matchmaker for other tier 8s, so now pref matchmaking tanks can only get into 5/10 battles"? Like if pref matchmaking tier 8s can't see tier 6s, and drag 5 tier 9s and 10 tier 8s into a battle, or 5 tier 8s and 10 tier 7s into a battle, does that gently caress up queues for tier tens?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

$100 with gold, credits and boosters. Maybe a BIA crew.

Try $250-300 (probably with a 'jump through hoops' discount). $100 is what they already charge for the BT-SV/PzII J.

In other news, these new T10s pretty much make going for the Obj. 260 a goddamned waste of time. Sure, it's still got a godly hp/ton ratio, but why bust your rear end and go insane going through all the Personal Missions when a tech tree tank will do 95% of what makes the 260 special?

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 26, 2018

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Prav posted:

it's like this

but by the british and unironic

how many V bux is this? i thought they -she- cancelled rita blog thing

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 26, 2018

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

There is absolutely no purpose to an indirect fire class in World of Tanks given the current maps.

pulling out some sick rear end side scraping/maneuvers owning some pubs and then arty slams my rear end into the ground gg game over im done gently caress it

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IcwR7jGsSU

Even QB is tweaked.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

In other news, these new T10s pretty much make going for the Obj. 260 a goddamned waste of time. Sure, it's still got a godly hp/ton ratio, but why bust your rear end and go insane going through all the Personal Missions when a tech tree tank will do 95% of what makes the 260 special?
Because you need to be somewhat insane to play WoT as well as gotta have them all?
Btw whatever happened to Polka and rogue_gamecube who managed to win WoT in two ways?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Yeah, you know WG hosed up if their shill QB is triggered

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Cardiac posted:

Because you need to be somewhat insane to play WoT as well as gotta have them all?
Btw whatever happened to Polka and rogue_gamecube who managed to win WoT in two ways?

I remember Polka having researched everything, but while the name rogue_gamecube is familiar I can't quite remember what he's famous for. Fill me in?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

You know, the solution to this "eliminating pref MM" thing is so loving simple, especially with them proving that they can add new slots to tanks...

Finally make a "premium token" that will convey premium [xp/credit earning] stats to a loving [already elited] tech tree tank. If a T8 is changed, the token is good on any tank from T8-T10. If a T5 is changed, the token is good for any tank that falls within the new normalized matchmaking limits.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:24 on May 27, 2018

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

You just know if they did that those motherfuckers would apply "premium" status, as in you can swap crews in, but not apply xp/credit bonuses, and charge like $25 a token.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

You know, the solution to this "eliminating pref MM" thing is so loving simple, especially with them proving that they can add new slots to tanks...

Finally make a "premium token" that will convey premium stats to a loving tech tree tank. If a T8 is changed, the token is good on any tank from T8-T10. If a T5 is changed, the token is good for any tank that falls within the new normalized matchmaking limits.

premium O-Ho is all I want

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

A Handed Missus posted:

A premium t8 arty would be lovely too. Just for t8 events like front lines. And we all know that if wargaming had put up a tier 8 arty for sale during this event, frontlines would be flooded with arty making light tanks absolutely hilarious at fishing them out in the back lines.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Atomizer posted:

I remember Polka having researched everything, but while the name rogue_gamecube is familiar I can't quite remember what he's famous for. Fill me in?

He did that as well. I don’t know if it counts with just 4 nations though.

Wasn’t he the boss of NDPs second coming in clan wars as well?
I have gotta a slightly autistic memory when it comes to connecting posters with various threads.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Hellsau posted:

You just know if they did that those motherfuckers would apply "premium" status, as in you can swap crews in, but not apply xp/credit bonuses, and charge like $25 a token.

I'd still buy that for a couple tanks, that's how much I want something like that.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

A Handed Missus posted:

:same:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

I'd still buy that for a couple tanks, that's how much I want something like that.

At $25 a token? You could just buy $25 in gold and hotswap crews at that rate.

At $5 a token? They'd make hundreds of dollars just from people paying $5 a tank for the really good tank lines.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Also consider that 25 bux for a premium tank is roughly half the price of the popular tier 8 premiums.

Heck, it's cheaper than the 40KV-2 skin!

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Edit: I forgot to add that I just finished the T69, and I'm thinking of selling it. I did fine in it, but it's just OK as a tier 8. It's kinda sluggish, and the 960-burst autoloader isn't particularly notable. Anyone wanna convince me either way, to keep or sell it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

You know what I was thinking when playing Frontlines? "I wonder how much more driving around we do on a huge map over 20+ minute rounds?" And of course, distance traveled is the one statistic removed from the after-battle results. Nice job, Wargaming! :jerkbag:

Anyways, on my first day of Frontlines I had what I thought was a pretty good round (for me:)

180k credits and 14k XP over 22 minutes? In a game mode that's actually pleasant to play, in tier 8s not getting constantly poo poo on by tier 10s? Uh, yes please!

And then right after that I had this battle, so I was even more :smugdog::

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I finished the P43b earlier today. I liked it, I think it's probably a keeper. I started the P43t, and it's basically just a better version of the tier 6, no surprise there. That is, when fully upgraded; it gets a slight gun upgrade, and it's slow until you get the 700 hp top engine, after which it's quite nimble. Remember when I linked a replay of an Ace tanker carry on Cliff in the P43b? Well I had a similar Cliff battle in the tier 7, this time from the North, but I couldn't carry my shitters hard enough:

The SU-85 was the only non-mouthbreather, and even he went to the valley in the East and couldn't support me in the center. You know that feeling when you're sizing up the teams and saying to yourself, "my team is full of shitters, there are only one, two competent guys...oh wait, that one's me, :rip:?" Yeah, that was one of those battles.

Cardiac posted:

He did that as well. I don’t know if it counts with just 4 nations though.

I have gotta a slightly autistic memory when it comes to connecting posters with various threads.

Ah you're right, he was the Commander of SDP or SGLE or STUG I believe.

I think the award for having researched everything is like "Master Technician" where completing a single nation gives you "US Technician" or whatever. Or maybe it's the "Expert" medals; one is for destroying one of every vehicle in a nation, the other's for researching everything. Anyways, when they add new tanks the awards are sort of greyed out and you can re-earn them by achieving the new conditions.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Also consider that 25 bux for a premium tank is roughly half the price of the popular tier 8 premiums.

Heck, it's cheaper than the 40KV-2 skin!

Yeah, make-your-own-premium-tanks would sell well and be a good value compared to some of the poo poo out there (*cough*Mauerbrecher*cough*....)

Atomizer fucked around with this message at 07:47 on May 27, 2018

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Atomizer posted:

Yeah, make-your-own-premium-tanks would sell well and be a good value compared to some of the poo poo out there (*cough*Mauerbrecher*cough*....)

Premium KV-1, IS-3, T-54 and Luchs please.

Also premium AMX 40, you know you want it.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Atomizer posted:

Edit: I forgot to add that I just finished the T69, and I'm thinking of selling it. I did fine in it, but it's just OK as a tier 8. It's kinda sluggish, and the 960-burst autoloader isn't particularly notable. Anyone wanna convince me either way, to keep or sell it?

I didn't have much fun after the T71. Still haven't bought the T57 Heavy though.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I bought a T57 this week and I've lost all 4 battles I played in it doing pretty much nothing, like 1200 - 1800 damage and explode so maybe it's me or maybe it's not such a good tank.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Cardiac posted:

That's what I was thinking when I saw the name as well.

Also, Burt unlocked/bought everything as well iirc, basically he and polka are the only ones I've known to be insane enough :v:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNKppIPKVUo

Circon got a full rant on this week. I think this pref matchmaking thing has rustled all of the jimmies.

Fat Jesus posted:

I bought a T57 this week and I've lost all 4 battles I played in it doing pretty much nothing, like 1200 - 1800 damage and explode so maybe it's me or maybe it's not such a good tank.

The T57 is one of the best tanks in the game provided you dont lose all your hitpoints in the first few minutes. You're not a front line heavy so don't play like one. Hang back, take a few shots at range and then in the mid/late game use the saved hit points to trade one shot from them to 4 of yours and just clean house.

You've got reasonable mobility so use it. Don't sit in the same place as Arty will gently caress you or you'll get rushed on your reload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

serious gaylord posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNKppIPKVUo

Circon got a full rant on this week. I think this pref matchmaking thing has rustled all of the jimmies.

Circon should have a paid position in the balance team and WG should be taking notes.