Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rirse posted:

Is there a way to bait Manhandla into showing it weakness. Got annoyed last night because for three minutes straight on the (kill 800 enemies in X minute map) it would just use poison or spin around.

Stand at range to bait it. Like 1 Manhandla's length away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

b_d posted:

I put off doing the skyward sword quiz for a while cuz i never played that game, then i went for it and it’s like.. kill the dark wizard! (gharanim: time to fight a dark wizard!) kill the heavyweight! (a moblin and a skeleton appear) kill the sword spirit!

I wonder how hard they get later

The hard part about the quizzes isn't the questions, it's that sometimes the right answer has way more health than the wrong answer so you have to tiptoe around trying not to sneeze on the wrong enemy and kill them, failing the quiz.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
When in story mode do you get the hammer? The story isn't gripping me at all so far and I'd rather be doing adventure.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Reality Loser posted:

When in story mode do you get the hammer? The story isn't gripping me at all so far and I'd rather be doing adventure.

Good news: Its at the very end!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Reality Loser posted:

Towards the end, in the Wind Waker campaign.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Kongming posted:

The hard part about the quizzes isn't the questions, it's that sometimes the right answer has way more health than the wrong answer so you have to tiptoe around trying not to sneeze on the wrong enemy and kill them, failing the quiz.

Yeah, there was one of those that really pissed me off back in the Master Quest map in the Wii-U version that had the restriction that prevents you from using stuff like the boomerang for the mission, and a reward for A-Ranking it as Zelda. The second and third questions had both Midna and Lana as potential answers. Except the only weapons I had for Zelda were her Rapier (light element) and the Baton (lightning element). Midna's weak to light, Lana's weak to lightning. And since you couldn't use the boomerang to stun the one you didn't need to kill, you constantly had both of them getting up in your grill, and you would inevitably end up killing the wrong target because they'd keep throwing themselves in your line of fire or even just take enough incidental splash damage to push them over the edge before you could kill the correct one. :argh:

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Reality Loser posted:

You could just do what I do, and not get it and just use your magic bar on the helmarock king. It generates pretty fast when there's two people fighting the bird

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Out of all the songs in the game, this is probably the one I hate the most and will generally use the BGM option to change it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW0iazARMXs

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
This game is pretty fun for killing time in between diaper changes

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rirse posted:

Out of all the songs in the game, this is probably the one I hate the most and will generally use the BGM option to change it.

I don’t hate it but that one definitely stands out as being much less rad than most of the soundtrack.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
That is Mars, the Bringer of War, but sped up.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rirse posted:

This song is such utter dogshit. It's just like a 15 second loop on forever.

I have no idea what the gently caress they were thinking.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I might be the only person who likes that song then

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Shadowlyger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j73gYxsxRrs

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 13:07 on May 26, 2018

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Shadowlyger posted:

I wish it was Mars Bringer of War, but it more like the intro to that song and that's it.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Rirse posted:

I don't MIND that one? But oh my god game stop playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTFPE6yrbY at the end of every single map, it sucks. One of the bigger upgrades in Fire Emblem Warriors was that its standard "switch to this track for the last quarter of a level" tracks were all really good, but Kumite or whatever is just annoying.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I need Groose DLC before I buy this game for the 3rd time.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ElegantFugue posted:

I don't MIND that one? But oh my god game stop playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTFPE6yrbY at the end of every single map, it sucks. One of the bigger upgrades in Fire Emblem Warriors was that its standard "switch to this track for the last quarter of a level" tracks were all really good, but Kumite or whatever is just annoying.

Yeah that one is pretty bad, through it at least changes a little after a few seconds unlike Under Siege.

Speaking of music, didn't using your magic meter used to change the music?

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Does it not, any more? There were four versions of most tracks. A base version, an enemy keep version with more guitars, a Magic mode version with MAXIMUM GUITARS, and then a quiet soft version for the pause screen.

Edit: No wait it varied per stage, a lot of them had combined Enemy Keep and Magic Mode versions, and others were missing a few. So if you're activating Magic Mode while in an enemy keep in anything but one of the Eclipse of the X maps or the desert, you won't get a different track because those are the same modifier.

EDIT: also yeah, it changes, but it changes into 30 seconds of loop and then further changes into even more boring stuff around 50 seconds in.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

ElegantFugue posted:

I am always very happy when Cia or Ganondorf ends up as the enemy commander of a given mission because that usually means they bring their own boss music to the field (not always in Ganondorf's case, but often enough).

And yes, one point for Fire Emblem Warriors for having pretty much all it's "end mission" tracks be loving awesome to listen to!

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Rirse posted:

I wish it was Mars Bringer of War, but it more like the intro to that song and that's it.

There are some alterations, but yes it mostly follows the intro section. (Which is the only part anyone remembers)

Shadowlyger fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 26, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is there some trick to Volga, because he just wrecks me every time and his window of weakness is extremely short (Just finished Cia's first story mission).

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ElegantFugue posted:

gently caress I'm getting stressed just listening to it

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Tae posted:

Is there some trick to Volga, because he just wrecks me every time and his window of weakness is extremely short (Just finished Cia's first story mission).

It was mentioned before, and it worked for me the few times I tried it, but you can hit his block a couple times and he'll likely retaliate with his weak point attack. It only hits directly in front of him so it's relatively easy to dodge behind and break him.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

This game has crashed more times than literally any other game I’ve played besides Half Life 2.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pollyanna posted:

This game has crashed more times than literally any other game I’ve played besides Half Life 2.

Are you playing digitally or on a cart?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pollyanna posted:

There seems to be memory leak so exit out of the game every so often.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

What's the effective way to use the Baton?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

There isn't one.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bongo Bill posted:

Back an enemy into a corner/against a wall.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What the gently caress is going on in this “don’t let allied captains flee” Great Sea mission? There’s way too much fighting and there’s no way I’ll be able to save all the captains.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Are you playing digitally or on a cart?

Digital

RatHat posted:

There seems to be memory leak so exit out of the game every so often.

That might be it. I’ll make sure to do that.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I got buyers remorse after getting this game, I did not enjoy the first stage and I’ve played so many Musou games. I feel a lot better about my purchase now; I’m on stage three of adventure mode.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

What the gently caress is going on in this “don’t let allied captains flee” Great Sea mission? There’s way too much fighting and there’s no way I’ll be able to save all the captains.

The "Two Armies" adventure mode missions are annoying because of your allied captains just dropping like flies. Kill a captain from one army? The other army gets buffed. Level the playing field? Well now the other army got buffed. And the second their big dots on the map touch your dude's dots on the map you're instantly bombarded with the friendly captains going from in trouble to danger to fleeing 4 seconds apart.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Your Computer posted:

gently caress I'm getting stressed just listening to it

http://tindeck.com/listen/xbfez

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Leal posted:

The "Two Armies" adventure mode missions are annoying because of your allied captains just dropping like flies. Kill a captain from one army? The other army gets buffed. Level the playing field? Well now the other army got buffed. And the second their big dots on the map touch your dude's dots on the map you're instantly bombarded with the friendly captains going from in trouble to danger to fleeing 4 seconds apart.

The only way i've found to get through them reliably is to be severely overleveled. I've still not been able to do the Twilight Midna one on the first map despite pumping her level up to 60.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I got a weapon for Cia that's got a purple locked skill like the Master Sword does. Examining it says only "seal broken by unlocking the power of exorcism" though I guess I can see what it is for 100,000 rupees. What is the unlock condition referring to here? I don't remember non-master sword locked skills in the Wii U version.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

FPzero posted:

I got a weapon for Cia that's got a purple locked skill like the Master Sword does. Examining it says only "seal broken by unlocking the power of exorcism" though I guess I can see what it is for 100,000 rupees. What is the unlock condition referring to here? I don't remember non-master sword locked skills in the Wii U version.

If it's the same as the 3DS version, you won't unlock that skill until you have all the Master Sword skills unlocked. That's end game equipment.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Geez, it's just a 5-star L1 staff for her though. Ah well, I guess it'll sit there forever being useless. Is the Master Sword's skill unlocks still tied getting all weapon types and all their level 3 or higher variants?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Adventure Mode is so much better with the item card shop. Being able to just buy compasses for a token fee rather than playing with gamefaqs open is nice.

I just got to the map where Ganondorf has to fight the imprisoned and 2 baby imprisoned inside a keep. Ah yes :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I find it kinda funny, back in the wii-u version I had a ton of Shield Moblin hats and no flanks. Here I'm drowning in flank items but not the hats

Like I think they forgot to program shield moblins into the game after a point as well as redeads. I have 50+ of everything else while they sit at 0 and my characters are begging for them.