Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!
So yesterday my Harrow finished cooking, I ranked him to 30 and shoved a potato down his throat. His abilities seem cool, albeit primarily focused on team support. However the real reason I wanted him was to be better able to do eidolon runs. From what I've read, he's used for his 4, applying invulnerability to damage and status procs to the team, and then boosting crit chance after. I imagine this will make fights go faster than the previous couple times I've done them as Oberon.

My question, though, is this: if my main responsibility is for casting 4, and doing so makes popping the next limb happen that much faster, should I even bother hopping into spoiler mode to do a pittance of damage with my Mote? It seems like it might be best to just stay in the frame and be ready to shoot with my lanka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
What are people modding their Lenz's like? I know to stack a ton of fire rate to make the charge time less painful but is there anything else I should prioritize for it?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

The Jumpoff posted:

What are people modding their Lenz's like? I know to stack a ton of fire rate to make the charge time less painful but is there anything else I should prioritize for it?

This will destroy anything you come across.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Edmond Dantes posted:

I have most of that, does any goon have a spare Vile Acceleration or Hunter Munition they want to trade? I...can't really offer anything but I don't have a 4-man squad to run Orokin Vaults with and I don't know when Ghouls are going to show back up.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
I can foot you a spare HunMun when I get on, bother me in case I forget! :)

ign: Lugwy

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Pooncha posted:

I can foot you a spare HunMun when I get on, bother me in case I forget! :)

ign: Lugwy

I sent you a friend request, my IGN is DrTryhard

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

That's 5 Forma though.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Sheeple posted:

Solo excavation has absolutely garbage spawn rates.

I did an excavation Rift mission and I don’t know what was going on but I saw maybe 3 enemies spawn with power canisters the entire time. I beat it almost entirely by incrementally increasing the bar based on whatever the drill spawned with and it sucked.

There were TONS of enemies but it’s like the Rift nature of the spawns broke the actual mission.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

The Lone Badger posted:

That's 5 Forma though.

You'll run into some debate about Lenz setups.

I have infected clip because of the Lenz having two default - polarities but this is 3 forma.

I prefer the multishot from vigilante armaments and speed trigger is a sufficient boost in speed to me without sacrificing any of the damage from vile acceleration.

If I had spare forma right now and an affinity booster I'd probably change that -- polarity that i just used infected clip as a filler on to a D polarity and add cryo rounds like edmonds.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 01:03 on May 27, 2018

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Yodzilla posted:

There were TONS of enemies but it’s like the Rift nature of the spawns broke the actual mission.

I legitimately think this happens. Excavation rifts are one of the two things I just WILL NOT DO solo anymore. The other is Defection. You have to be in too many places at once that are too far apart to make the spawns/protection work.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
So despite being anti hunter munitions - lenz build in thread, apparently that's how I'm setup already in game so... whelp :suicide: so I just got a multishot crit damage lenz riven tht I've thrown in heavy caliber's slot, let's see if it meets the inaros test.

Also, what frame can I gussy up most like clem? I am having terrible gimmick ideas. I'm thinking rhino...

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I have infected clip because of the Lenz having two default - polarities but this is 3 forma.

I prefer the multishot from vigilante armaments and speed trigger is a sufficient boost in speed to me without sacrificing any of the damage from vile acceleration.

If I had spare forma right now and an affinity booster I'd probably change that -- polarity that i just used infected clip as a filler on to a D polarity and add cryo rounds like edmonds.

I may run this setup until I can find/get a vile acceleration, 5 forma, and a primed Cryo Round, because I have all of those mods.

Also running the Lenz + Mirage/Mirage Prime for Infested Survivals is hilariously fun. I haven't had this much fun with a weapon since Ogris was good.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

VictorianQueerLit posted:

What's a basic (0 forma) build for someone who's just picking it up?

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

The Lone Badger posted:

Those mods, just not as upgraded.

You don't really need the expensive mods like serration, split chamber and heavy caliber maxed out. You still poo poo trains with the lenz. Just work on point strike/vital sense so you can reliably hit those orange and red criticals and upgrade things as you can afford them.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
If you're running maxed Serration (+165% damage) and HCal (also +165% damage), Vile Acceleration (-15% damage) works out to only a 4.5% damage decrease (430% -> 415% damage). Speed Trigger gives you a charge time of 1.2 -> 0.54s, and Vile Acceleration gives you a charge time of 1.2 -> 0.43s, so it's basically up to whether you value the 0.11s charge time difference or the 4.5% damage. Lenz is usually wildly overkill damage-wise, so I take the 20% lower charge time.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

The Lone Badger posted:

That's 5 Forma though.

You can't put a price on murder.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary...XV0=/en/2-0-112

Obviously infected clip can be any 90% element, but even this build out damages most weapons in the game.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Just forma it a few times you will tank us later.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lenz has such wonderful base stats and mechanics that any half decent build will provide excellent results.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Sandweed posted:

Just forma it a few times you will tank us later.

Trip report re: my ridiculous riven, it's Real Great. I'm going to be forma-ing this thing for a couple days. I'm not selling it, sorry guy who offered me 1000 plat.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i had some fun

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

People sure don't like the Saryn changes that promote the use of using 'left mouse button'.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
the octavia questline is wonderful

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Anyone else used Magnetise on Sentients while they’re chasing you around and firing those obscenely powerful energy blasts at you? It’s very satisfying.

Also, I have Vauban cooking. Is he worth a go? Any tips?

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Zetsubou-san posted:

the octavia questline is wonderful

I've been pleasantly surprised with how they've handled story and narrative-driven quests. Rather than attempt to make something that has to take into account the tremendous variation of player levels, play style and gear, which would necessitate making something rather dull and easy with some audio logs on top, they incorporate entirely new gameplay segments. The final section of Octavia's Anthem was awesome, requiring only mastery of the basics of movement, but presented in a way that was still compelling.

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009
I just did Sands of Inaros. Sure, the NPCs are just talking heads on a video screen, but I do like that it’s not just Lotus and Ordis speking. So far my favorite has been Alad V in the Uranus quests.

hirvox fucked around with this message at 14:03 on May 27, 2018

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

McKilligan posted:

I've been pleasantly surprised with how they've handled story and narrative-driven quests. Rather than attempt to make something that has to take into account the tremendous variation of player levels, play style and gear, which would necessitate making something rather dull and easy with some audio logs on top, they incorporate entirely new gameplay segments. The final section of Octavia's Anthem was awesome, requiring only mastery of the basics of movement, but presented in a way that was still compelling.

The corrupted notes being faint red glows on a red background was kind of irritating, though.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Darth Walrus posted:

Bring good weapons. Vauban doesn't really have much in the way of damage output via abilities, but he's very good at locking down an area.

And if you're not spamming your 1 on allies at every opportunity and dropping bounce pads in inconvenient locations, you're doing it wrong.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Darth Walrus posted:

Anyone else used Magnetise on Sentients while they’re chasing you around and firing those obscenely powerful energy blasts at you? It’s very satisfying.

Vauban and Nyx are the two frames who most need reworks imo. Their design is really outdated; DE's philosophy at the time seemed to be that CC frames and DPS frames were entirely different things. Now we've got frames like Khora and Octavia who can lockdown huge chunks of the map and still do really good damage

That said he's still fun and playable, especially if you enjoy useless bounce pads

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

They're basically good for trolling and thats it. Stick a few bounce pads in a small doorway.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

They are good mostly for the Pokémon theory, that is to say that you must catch them all.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Soothing Vapors posted:

Vauban and Nyx are the two frames who most need reworks imo. Their design is really outdated; DE's philosophy at the time seemed to be that CC frames and DPS frames were entirely different things. Now we've got frames like Khora and Octavia who can lockdown huge chunks of the map and still do really good damage

um wow excuse me didn't you hear that strangledome is useless compared to bastille

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Johnny Joestar posted:

um wow excuse me didn't you hear that strangledome is useless compared to bastille

haha I know right

Khora still worst in game,more buffs pls

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
I finished building octavia this morning and was a bit disappointed that all the instruments are 50 plat each, but after selling a few prime parts I was able to make scatman and now it's my favorite frame for hydron defense

skibabopbadopbop over and over and over for 20 minutes while topping the damage chart, it's wonderful

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I'm paying the price for having rolled that Tenora riven a while back.

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!

thats not candy posted:

I finished building octavia this morning and was a bit disappointed that all the instruments are 50 plat each, but after selling a few prime parts I was able to make scatman and now it's my favorite frame for hydron defense

skibabopbadopbop over and over and over for 20 minutes while topping the damage chart, it's wonderful

In my opinion you've found exactly what makes Octavia great. Her kit is nice as it dishes out lots of damage and provides great buffs, but anyone who runs her with the default music track and instrument packs is only playing a tiny fraction of her. Mechanically she's very powerful, but, perhaps more than any other frame, her core is all about style and aesthetics.

What's your IGN? I'd like to hear your song file for Scatman.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

devinebovine posted:

In my opinion you've found exactly what makes Octavia great. Her kit is nice as it dishes out lots of damage and provides great buffs, but anyone who runs her with the default music track and instrument packs is only playing a tiny fraction of her. Mechanically she's very powerful, but, perhaps more than any other frame, her core is all about style and aesthetics.

What's your IGN? I'd like to hear your song file for Scatman.

ign is cryptotrot

i just copied this one. it's not perfect but i haven't gotten sick of it yet after several hours this morning. nearly every mission someone asks what it is or recognizes it. octavia is pretty dope and its nice being constantly cloaked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ISUHkh0Jfg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I've been trying to find a good song, but the weird scale they use makes it really hard to replicate most songs.

So far I have failed to do Rick Astley, duel of fates, the invincibility/star from mario kart (which I am bitterly disappointed about) and the oracle theme from Destiny. Even 'this is what you are' from War Within doesn't work. It's frustrating.