Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I see they kept the wonderful design that is that Macabre miniboss that ambushes you after a ton of cutscenes, that's nice. Can't get rid of that memorable fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i dont remember persona 2 with teacher loving

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Give them a chance since it's been ages :classiclol:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

i dont remember persona 2 with teacher loving

I meant that you could have maya be into tatsuya if you wanted, meaning they're 1 for 1 on adult protags dating high schoolers

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
tatsuya's 18 and maya's 23, that's the least egregious example in this series

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Manatee Cannon posted:

I meant that you could have maya be into tatsuya if you wanted, meaning they're 1 for 1 on adult protags dating high schoolers

but katsuya is way cuter?? wtf

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

tatsuya's 18 and maya's 23, that's the least egregious example in this series

2 continues to be the wokest persona game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DisDisDis posted:

Broke: Dating your teacher and killing God
Woke: Dating a teenager and killing Hitler

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

and yet the gameplay makes me sleep

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
not being able to stay woke is a personal problem

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

not being able to stay woke is a persona problem

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Expect My Mom posted:

not being able to stay woke is a personal problem

:wow:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Dehry posted:

Speaking of,

Here's the special music videos.

Persona 3 :effort:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZvOVOfrjio

Persona 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBoRJGRUtH0

Never have I more regretted that Ken is in the game instead of Shinjiro.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

MegaZeroX posted:

The other response wasn't correct. After you get Unlock B, you unlock an area on the first floor, and move up to the second floor. There will be a room where it says Horkos isn't there, although he sounds like next door. There should be a hidden door near there (you have to look at the wall) on the floor. Go into the room that leads to. I don't know if you still need help with this, but hopefully it will help people that have this problem in the future.

too many hidden doors and areas for me to remember :sweatdrop:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/lotusjuice/status/1000108528760115200

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

too many hidden doors and areas for me to remember :sweatdrop:

There is fortunately an app which reveals hidden doors when you get near them.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

This is just precious and a good reminder to check out his original stuff; Meguro didn't tap him for nothing.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

can nebiros please get some chill

i show up for a jolly good new game + boss fight and he just oneshots half my party with an almighty move that hits harder than anything else in the game so far and gives everyone random status effects

he uses this move every single turn

gonna need you to take it from a 10 down to a 3 bud

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

There is fortunately an app which reveals hidden doors when you get near them.

this, omen bug and the app that tells you where teleports lead are all incredible and take a ton of annoyance out of the game

especially since whoever was in charge of dungeon design really, really loves teleport mazes

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/OyasuAmi/status/1000929069062500352

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

tough, but fair

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

what a good friend, holding his evoker for him :)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

and apparently these bosses just straight-up instakill you if you take too long fighting them

looks like it's time to either farm up a ton of d-cores or, more likely, just scale the difficulty down to casual because wow gently caress this

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Yinlock posted:

and apparently these bosses just straight-up instakill you if you take too long fighting them

looks like it's time to either farm up a ton of d-cores or, more likely, just scale the difficulty down to casual because wow gently caress this

Is it that you took too long, or is it because you fully maxed out a Kaja/nda, because that also triggers instant game overs.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TurnipFritter posted:

Is it that you took too long, or is it because you fully maxed out a Kaja/nda, because that also triggers instant game overs.

took too long, you can actually max out buffs/debuffs on most of them(except for one, who will instakill you if you debuff him at all) and it's necessary to survive their attacks most of the time

whenever I start to stabilize or almost win they just fart out Doomsday, an almighty attack that hits everyone for like 2000 damage

basically you can't war of attrition these guys, you need to steamroll them with maxed-out demons

oh and did i mention they change weaknesses every time you hit theirs, and also the data resets so you have to guess all over again every time

e: nebiros is probably the worst one since he starts vulnerable to gun but also instakills anyone who attacks him with phys/gun even if they miss

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 29, 2018

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bullshit Boss Report #2: managed to beat one of them

almost beat another, but when i was about to kill him he immediately diarahan'd back his 24k hp then hit the turn limit and instakilled me

gently caress you too, video game

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sorry for the triple post, managed to beat them all on standard

i made a giant post explaining them but it seemed like too much :words: so i put it in a pastebin instead for anyone else insane enough to try to fight these buttholes, or just wants to know what you get out of it/laugh at me for being stupid enough to try to fight these guys

here it is

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Speaking of fights that are angering...

I'm currently stuck at the Fornax fight against Asherah. It is really annoying, as they consistently enrage all of my guys right from the get go, and they kill one another. I'm guessing the solution is to either give the protagonist an anti physical armor (and have a anti physical demon team). I could do that, but I really hate bosses that spam statuses where your members do random things. At least the charm status has a decent chance of missing in my experience. The rage thing seems to hit every time.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
^ Raged characters can't hit themselves. It's a power boost that only has one drawback in that you lose control. You can have real Fire resistance for the MC. If you're really having trouble with the easiest of the Fornax minibosses, then just solo her. Thanks to item priority and Rage's low duration, she has no response to that so it makes the fight a complete joke :v:

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 10:51 on May 30, 2018

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Does it matter if I start with Persona 5 or should I just grab a cheap copy of 4 to start?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Start with whatever Persona you want. 5 is really good. Going back to 3 and 4 will be more painful after the polish that you get in 5, but there is no reason that you need to play the games in any particular order.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

MegaZeroX posted:

Start with whatever Persona you want. 5 is really good. Going back to 3 and 4 will be more painful after the polish that you get in 5, but there is no reason that you need to play the games in any particular order.

Sick. I'll probably just grab 5 when I get the chance then, thanks.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Start with 1 and 2. :getin:

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 31, 2018

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

MonsieurChoc posted:

Star with 1 and 2. :getin:

It's really cruel to advise someone start with the only good games in a franchise.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's really cruel to advise someone start with the only good games in a franchise.

It's how I played it, others should have to go through it too.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Start with 3 because it's the only good game after 2. :colbert:

Seriously, though, I've been trying to replay it lately, and it definitely feels dated after playing 4/5

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Playing 1 and 2 will make you hate life and yourself.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Fighting the party member A.I in Persona 3 combined with game overs for MC death is WAY more frustrating than anything in Persona 2's combat system.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I never had any idea what the gently caress I was doing in Persona 2 but the party AI is easy enough to wrangle in 3. I don't even think 3 is a very good game anymore, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/arcsystemworksu/status/1002254390974124032?s=21

Altus strikes again it looks like.